Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears (74856 Views)

I Have Renamed Lionel Messi. You Heard It Here First / Betis Fans Bow To Messi After Superb Hat-trick Performance / Floyd Mayweather Wears N54million Crocodile Jacket (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by Austeeenxx: 8:38am On Aug 10, 2021
lexy2014:

What u are saying is that Messi wasn't going to miss Barca just his friends. By d way, what's wrong if Messi had taken a pay cut?

If you were following the news, you would've seen where he agreed to a 50 percent pay cut.

5 Likes

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by donbenie(m): 8:38am On Aug 10, 2021
Kingcalls:
Only his blind delusional unreasonable fans will disagree...I hate pretenders , I hate hypocrites....same person that dropped transfer request just last year and was angry that barca prevented him from leaving... he had a whole season to sign a new contract, he didn't...waited to finish copa , rest with family only to show face a week b4 league resumes and throwing crocodile tears like he dint know this will happen... this are the kind of frenemies that will poison u and cry at ur funeral... I will always stand with Ronaldo for his honesty, if he says he is leaving, he will leave , if he says he is staying, he stays , he sorts his contract issues or transfers on time , he doesn't pretend
So cutting his salary by half and agreeing to spread his 3 years contract salary,over five years,is not quite enough sacrifice for you and this Sallah Ram?
The people of Catalonia and Barca Fans knows the heart of their HERO..
HATERS GO AND HUG TRANSFORMER! angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by Plut01: 8:39am On Aug 10, 2021

This man is talking rubbish.

Messi cried because he is leaving behind a legacy, because he is leaving greatly fond memories shared with People of Barcelona, he cried because he is emotional and understand it is not easy to leave behind people who you shared your life with for over 25 years.

Just as many of you will cry if your 5 years relationship suddenly comes to an end.......That's how Messi feels too and he has the right to cry.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by Holyman3(m): 8:39am On Aug 10, 2021
Dalil8:
Very greedy mf. If you truly 'love' the club like you claim, you'll play for free.

Now he's left the club in a huge financial mess.

I tot you idiotss wanted him to go and prove himself elsewhere?

5 Likes

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by lichocho(m): 8:40am On Aug 10, 2021
Kingcalls:
Only his blind delusional unreasonable fans will disagree...I hate pretenders , I hate hypocrites....same person that dropped transfer request just last year and was angry that barca prevented him from leaving... he had a whole season to sign a new contract, he didn't...waited to finish copa , rest with family only to show face a week b4 league resumes and throwing crocodile tears like he dint know this will happen... this are the kind of frenemies that will poison u and cry at ur funeral... I will always stand with Ronaldo for his honesty, if he says he is leaving, he will leave , if he says he is staying, he stays , he sorts his contract issues or transfers on time , he doesn't pretend
cry more

7 Likes

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by bareal(m): 8:40am On Aug 10, 2021
Ghostrye:

Imagine being in the same club for so many years and then having to leave, even if you want to leave, won't you get emotional

Which kind emotion? Nor be him sey him wan leave? Why the tears? Just announce your departure and rest.

1 Like

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by Successkay12(m): 8:40am On Aug 10, 2021
Freestainworld:
There's time for everything, he came, he saw, conquered, he is leaving for good, those criticizing him because of money should know that footballer's are equally business men who earns their money with their legs, no business man will want to toil with his business.

Na only me and u get sense past
Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by lichocho(m): 8:41am On Aug 10, 2021
Ndukings92:
the critics are not cos he left but why the crocodile tears?
una problem now na tears? God have mercy

1 Like

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by Faber(m): 8:41am On Aug 10, 2021
paulolee:

planned giving u an apt reply but i felt no need for dt after seeing ur moniker..
cr7 with his honesty abi?? after d bad last season, he wrote a controversial text on insta telling fans above moving ahead n how his "new challenge" in Italy didnt work as planned, waitied till nite to move all his cars n machine from Italy to Portugal n people were asking if its anoda new challenge in Lisbon or Paris but after d euros he returned back to Juve simply because his plan yo force juve to beg n Gv him an improve 3 year deal didnt work out..
no club even talk about signing him n even Juve is talking nothing about a new deal n would prefer to lose him to free after this season...
messi dt was a free agent have already had a lot of big clubs asking for his services till now bt I know dt ur pain is dt PSG are begging to get Leo instead of cr7, no wori na wen PSG meet Juve naim we go see how far...
This is the truth of the MESSI - BARCELONA saga: An agreement was reached between Barcelona and Messi for a renewed contract with Messi agreeing a 50% salary cut in a 2 year contract with option to extend by a year...and payable over a period of 5 years. The only obstacle the was meeting the la liga financial fair play regulations. Laporta hoped that la liga would ultimately flex the regulations in one way or the other thus allowing for the Messi deal to go through. There was an indication that la liga was to come up with something....no doubt Laporta had been promised same by Tebas the liga president that on Thursday there would be new developments which would allow Messi to get registered....and indeed la liga came up with the cash injection project. However, to Laporta's surprise, the la liga deal was such that it had a mortgage attached to it which would see Barcelona not being able to enter into such projects like the super league in the next 50 years, so it was either choosing the la liga deal and Messi on one side or the super league on the other side...a tough one for Laporta who for months has been singing from the same hymn book crafted by Perez the madrid president that they wouldn't back down on super league....they believe the super league will generate more cash to clubs through expansion of TV rights. Laporta then choz the super league and so he told Messi and his dad that they wouldn't continue with the deal. That's why today Laporta was talking about 'we can't afford to lose on TV rights for the next 50 years thereby taking the la liga deal...and @the exact time Tebas the liga president tweeted and said' the la liga deal was never to take away TV rights'....and he was right, the la liga deal was never to take away barcelona's current TV rights but rather it'd thwart expansion of TV rights insofar as super league is concerned... and Laporta dribbled past that issue when it was brought to his attention halfway through his press briefing....what he fell short of mentioning was the term super league. It was no coincidence that on thursday real madrid rejected the la liga deal in case Laporta was to renege on their gentleman's agreement and take it.... So that is it! The super league is what stood on the way in the last minutes of announcing the Messi deal, la liga attached that condition inherently and impliedly in their deal. The end result favours real madrid, Mbappe will not stay at psg especially with Messi coming in and madrid, who long prepared for signing n registering Mbappe thereby letting go of Ramos and Varane, will get their man with no worries of offending the la liga regulations. That's it, it hurts being a Barcelona fan at the moment, but we remain barcelona, b4 Messi we supported the team, so shall we even now and beyond. Visca Barca!!!!!!!!

That guy you mentioned just dey talk rubbish. It is not Messi's fault....He totally wanted to stay. He thought he will just put pen to paper and start as usual this weekend. It's all La Liga's plan to punish Barca for insisting on the Super League. Right now Barca still have some problems registering new players like Eric Garcia, Depay and Emerson Royal, even Aguero. Their wage bill I high.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 10, 2021
Dalil8:
Very greedy mf. If you truly 'love' the club like you claim, you'll play for free.

Now he's left the club in a huge financial mess.
if he plays for free, will the fans be feeding him or what?

1 Like

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by sonofElElyon: 8:42am On Aug 10, 2021
1. This Salah is counterfeit. If I had known it wasn't the real one I wouldn't have opened this thread... Op that's click baiting.. shame on you

2. Messi did agree to reduce his salary by half so this salah is not only counterfeit but also ignorant... What else do you want him to do

Kenneth10110:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/youre-greedy-not-the-only-one-saleh-slams-ex-barcelona-star/kvwrsxqb1ii01qrub83xbtcqw
Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by AbdulHakeem44(m): 8:43am On Aug 10, 2021
lexy2014:

Did d coach say Messi couldn't leave whenever he wanted?

Is it the coach or the club president? Is Messi not bigger than the club's coach? What am saying is his departure should really be loud and outstanding had it been announced earlier, his last match would really be a banger and a celebration for him, but none happened which means there's likely a fallout between him and the club that warrants the departure. So the departure is more or less like a pushout.

2 Likes

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by HabgitoTillers: 8:43am On Aug 10, 2021
This old man is only ignorant of the rules in La Liga. There is a regulation that does not allow players to sign new contracts below 50% of the previous contract with a club. Messi was offered 50% cut in a new contract by Barcelona. He accepted. With the 50% cut, it was not enough to register him for the new season as a Barca player. The club failed him.

4 Likes

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by donbenie(m): 8:44am On Aug 10, 2021
bareal:

Which kind emotion? Nor be him sey him wan leave? Why the tears? Just announce your departure and rest.
Where did Messi tell you that he wanted to leave?
Post the link to that article..
Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by aribisala0(m): 8:44am On Aug 10, 2021
Kingcalls:
The simple truth is if you hate hypocrites and pretenders then you hate humanity .They are EVERYWHERE. anywhere you look you find them. Church, Mosque , even in Mirror grin they are there
it is impossible to prosper as a human being if you do not pretend
When people greet you yessah with a smile they are "pretending" . In their mind you should be greeting them yessah
Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by ddippset(m): 8:45am On Aug 10, 2021
Kingcalls:
i once had a boss who was earning 800k and had worked for 14 years.

He had been applying for a better job for many years.

He eventually got a better job for 1.5 mil monthly. And he was leaving.

On the day of his sendforth this man was practically shedding tears.

He was crying cus of his friends and colleagues he was leaving behind,
Despite the fact that he was the one pushing to leave the company for a better life.

Now i hope you can have sense and relate it to Messi's situation.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by Fiscus105(m): 8:45am On Aug 10, 2021
jaeyking:
Overpaying players during bartomue reign put Barca in this mess.
Even if Messi forfeits his wages Barcelona wage cap is still over the minimum. That's why they are trying to offload alot of players.

Spanish financial fair play rules also caused this.

But the Spanish la Liga board should understand that Lossing Messi means that viewership will greatly reduce.

They should have done something.

Well as the saying goes No one is bigger than the law

When they rose up prominently during era of Messi, Inesta, Xavi etc, as team is growing older and results going down, instead to come back Midway and bring in young players for future performances, they kept buying big money players (Cortinho, Griezinma,Dembele etc) who have crossed their best days. Just cos they want to be best team forever, which is practically and absolutely impossible.

2 Likes

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by Casalee(m): 8:46am On Aug 10, 2021
paulolee:
thats his opinion but I don't see any sense in messi accepting more pay cut asif he is forcing himself to stay in barca that won't do Same for him..
messi have been loyal in barca for years n u don't expect him to start playing for free because he loves d club. .
football is business n barca won't hesitate to sell him assuming his form drops or he had a long injury bcoz wen it comes to business, ur previous deeds are sometimes forgotten..
Leo was simply crying because he would miss his good friends n his wonderful fans BT the best he can do for barca is to leave n allow barca restructure dt team because he CNT stay forever n its best he leaves wen d ovation Is loudest....both parties would b fine..

They have always done the same for him. They increase his wages almost every 18months. He was treated like a co-owner by the former president. His father who seems to be his agent is so greedy.

3 Likes

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by donbenie(m): 8:47am On Aug 10, 2021
AbdulHakeem44:

Is it the coach or the club president? Is Messi not bigger than the club's coach? What am saying is his departure should really be loud and outstanding had it been announced earlier, his last match would really be a banger and a celebration for him, but none happened which means there's likely a fallout between him and the club that warrants the departure. So the departure is more or less like a pushout.
Messi had to leave because the LA Liga board couldn't sanction his new deal..
The Barca President made it clear it was neither his or Messi fault but that of the League board..
Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by aribisala0(m): 8:48am On Aug 10, 2021
donbenie:
Messi had to leave because the LA Liga board couldn't sanction his new deal..
The Barca President made it clear it was neither his or Messi fault but that of the League board..
Well he could have agreed to a DIFFERENT deal. He did not HAVE TO leave
He CHOSE to leave
Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by donbenie(m): 8:48am On Aug 10, 2021
Casalee:

They have always done the same for him. They increase his wages almost every 18months. He was treated like a co-owner by the former president. His father who seems to be his agent is so greedy.
So cutting his wages by half and agreeing to be paid over an extended period of time is not enough for you?
What exactly do you want him to do,play for free?
Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by donbenie(m): 8:50am On Aug 10, 2021
aribisala0:
Well he could have agreed to a DIFFERENT deal. He did not HAVE TO leave
He CHOSE to leave
He made it specifically clear that he agreed to the contract that was put on the table for him..
They never asked for more..
What exactly was he supposed to do?

1 Like

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by Seniorwriter(m): 8:51am On Aug 10, 2021
MajorGeneralLaw:
the dwarf of a Messi is a catastrophic failure.
how can a self acclaimed goat be stagnated in a particular club for centuries.
I remember years back when I was a kid in primary School I used to hear of Messi in Barcelona.
Now I've graduated from the University, got married and have kids and my kids have grown up and started high school and the idiot is still in Barcelona.
isn't he ashamed of himself when he sees his mates and a great player like Ronaldo moving to different leagues and breaking records while he's still stucked in a useless club for centuries.
the dwarf remains a huge failure as long as football is consigned.
Are you Lai Mohammed Pro2.....SMH @your kids in high school but you started hearing of Lionel when you were in primary school?
Tales by moonlight...lolz

HabgitoTillers:
This old man is only ignorant of the rules in La Liga. There is a regulation that does not allow players to sign new contracts below 50% of the previous contract with a club. Messi was offered 50% cut in a new contract by Barcelona. He accepted. With the 50% cut, it was not enough to register him for the new season as a Barca player. The club failed him.
Very uninformed Selah....

sonofElElyon:
1. This Salah is counterfeit. If I had known it wasn't the real one I wouldn't have opened this thread... Op that's click baiting.. shame on you

2. Messi did agree to reduce his salary by half so this salah is not only counterfeit but also ignorant... What else do you want him to do

@SENIORWRITER
Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by Asiseeit: 8:52am On Aug 10, 2021
Ndukings92:
maybe he is crying for the money

grin grin Chai! My nairaland people and bad mouth. Lol
Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by tonyashburton: 8:53am On Aug 10, 2021
La Liga says clubs should not pay more than 70% of their earnings as salaries to their staff and players.Even oof Messi agrees to play for free, Barcelona will still be paying 90% of their revenue as salaries and wages which will violate the above percentage. They need to shift four or five players earning big like Greizman and Braithwaite before they can balance the books.
Petersamuel8:
Messi should just accept paycut

2 Likes

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by icecool12(m): 8:53am On Aug 10, 2021
Someone that halved his salary in the new contract and Barcelona still discovered they couldn’t pay him. What should he do? Play for free?

People sef!
Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by aribisala0(m): 8:53am On Aug 10, 2021
ddippset:
i once had a boss who was earning 800k and had worked for 14 years.

He had been applying for a better job for many years.

He eventually got a better job for 1.5 mil monthly. And he was leaving.

On the day of his sendforth this man was practically shedding tears.

He was crying cus of his friends and colleagues he was leaving behind,
Despite the fact that he was the one pushing to leave the company for a better life.

Now i hope you can have sense and relate it to Messi's situation.

No
Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by Sleekmilan01(m): 8:53am On Aug 10, 2021
Some people no Sabi read o,so the 50% paycut he agreed upon no do them ABI??,so he should play for free because he loves the club while other people in the club refuses to take paycut just to have him on the team simply means MF wasn't needed on the team because of the power he has on the club...

Some people bad belle no get part 2

3 Likes

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 10, 2021
obembet:
Not only greedy. Messi is selfish and wicked. Imagine club that has stand with him for many years left when they are in financial trouble.

Useless and greedy guy.

How much is Messi earning in a season wey everything go be more than half a billion euros?
Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by aribisala0(m): 8:54am On Aug 10, 2021
donbenie:
He made it specifically clear that he agreed to the contract that was put on the table for him..
They never asked for more..
What exactly was he supposed to do?
Nothing .
He has done what I would do without the tears
Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by aluyapreston: 8:56am On Aug 10, 2021
Kingcalls:

fool do you know that if messi decide to play for free they wont be able to keep him.

barca expenses was way past their earnings as it has peaked at 115%. lal liga rules say no more than 95% so it is an hopeless case. but you dont know this because just like other ronaldo fans your head is full of mucus and phlgem.

apart from Nigerians voting buhari again in 2019, i have never seen any more wonder than supposed humans who believe ronaldo is better than Messi. you guys should not be employed as you could put companies in ruins with poor decisions because if you believe ronaldo is better than Messi, then you could believe shit is better than diamond

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saleh To Messi: You Are Greedy, Shedding Crocodile Tears by pacespot(m): 8:56am On Aug 10, 2021
He might be crying not because he didn't want to leave but because he is going to miss the club. Do you know what it means to have invested the best 21 years of your career in a club as a superstar like Messi?

His cry might just be a farewell message to his Barcelona fans. Messi has done more than enough for Barcelona, so he deserves to try a new challenge or league if that is what makes him happy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Muslims Attack Mo Salah For Celebrating Christmas / Cristiano Ronaldo Drips In Diamonds Worth £630k (N256m) At Dubai Soccer Awards / Richest Footballers In The World - Top 10 Richest Soccer Players 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.