Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,526 members, 7,816,283 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) (35980 Views)

LP Rejects Thisday Poll , Says Peter Obi Popular Across The Federation / Kwankwaso Wins In North Online Poll (Photo) / A Time For Heroes In Nigeria: Archbishop Justin Welby's Article In Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Eriokanmi: 8:51am On Aug 11, 2021
Great2017:
How on earth can Prof. Osibanjo who is part of the most deceptive and worst government in the history of Nigeria be leading in a presidential poll?

This poll must therefore lack all sense of objectivity with no clear metrics of assessment and voting.

It may equally have been opened to a handful number of participants who are already biased.

It is only under these skewed conditions Osibanjo or any other failed politician can soar high.

Osinbajo is just a figure head. He has no say in Buhari's corrupt government. I remember when buhari mistakenly transmitted power to him and he sacked daura, Buhari's towns man and fulani over corruption. Since that time, buhari never makes that mistake again. Osinbajo would have a zero tolerance for corruption. He's a qualified candidate...provided he accepts to run. That man is too conservative.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Great2017: 8:53am On Aug 11, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Sir,
The only mistake he made was to show his true color when Buahri handed power to him in that year he had the power of the president. Just look at what he did. He stepped on toes and made drastic moves that everyone shouted. He settled the crisis in Delta fast. He sacked DSS bulldog number 1. He moved the economic forward fast. All within just 30 days when it took his boss 6 months to assemble his cabinet. Lol.

Sir, this angered Abba Kyari, the chief of staff of the president and the cabals in the presidency. When Buhari returned, they turned against him. That was when Buhari removed him as Economic leader and stylishly put Abba Kyari there. And they sacked many of the VP's aids. Before this happened, I told everyone that year that Osinbajo had made a big mistake. It is one of the laws of Leadership. You dont outshine your master. He out shined Buhari and created enemies for himself. Someone who supposed tonpaly the "mumu" (like he is a puppet) game and show his stuff when he has full power. He had just 30 days powe and flexed like a full time president. Lol.

Now, he is wiser. He is playing the game well. My prayer is that he has the full power for the next 4 years after 2023. And he is lucky covid 19 removed Abba Kyari. You can see he is now the head of the economic team. This is the position of Dr. NGOZI iweal during Jonathan's days. And sincerely, he is outperforming Ngozi. Not that Ngozi is not good. Are both. Now, if he becomes the president, and Ngozi still the World Trade Organisation number 1, and with Dr Akinwilumi still AFRICA Bank of development whatever that thing is called, mehn! ... We will move forward. Nog with this snail called Buhari.

Osinbajo is the best we have now. Take it from me.
Don't you think this hide and seek game of his may sabotage him in the future?

He has already lost me. I also think there are a number of voters in my category who will not stand by him because of this same reason.

For example, he supported restructuring in April 2018. Five months later (September, 2018), he categorically condemned same as being rhetorical.

I fear that this and the abysmal performance of this present government may sway away many of his admirers ab initio.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by kayuseful: 8:54am On Aug 11, 2021
computer0810:

U have no knowledge of what politics is like

Emotions and hate will not count on election day
Smartest response ever!

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by emimore: 8:55am On Aug 11, 2021
I will tip Osinbaja as one of the most suitable but that's another Jonathan loading, if not worse than Jonathan. In a saner situation he is the most suitable candidate.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by omoluka: 8:55am On Aug 11, 2021
Referendum please!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by maisams01(m): 8:56am On Aug 11, 2021
AnanseK:

You mean the overrated IMF puppet who messed up her position as the coordinating Minister of Nigeria’s economy?

She had the chance of life time, Goodluck Jonathan was ready to give her the lead effectively as his Prime Minister.

But money has its corrupting influence and she succumbed, plus the fact that her capacity has been excessively over rated - to say the least.
But you somehow think Osinbajo supervising the economic team had done a good job? wonderful

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by landap(m): 8:58am On Aug 11, 2021
He should therefore resign if PMB is not allowing him to free hand to work. That is how it is done in saner climes. And I'm sure he knows that if he takes that option, he would have written his name in gold.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by landap(m): 8:58am On Aug 11, 2021
He should therefore resign if PMB is not allowing him free hand to work. That is how it is done in saner climes. And I'm sure he knows that if he takes that option, he would have written his name in gold.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Etfash(m): 8:59am On Aug 11, 2021
Great2017:

I cannot be part of what I don't believe in. The honorable thing to do is to resign. However, Osibanjo has been the one defending his principal in various debate and fora. How is he not part of it?

If he did the bolded, it would have been a very wrong move because his principal that I know may have replaced him with a nepotistic fellow from my side of the country (I'm a northerner). Kemi Adeosun, former Minister of Finance who resigned was replaced by who? Today, in the scheme of things, she is OUT!

You must understand that bringing all your arsenals out at a time because you see a snake isn't always the best. A tiger may come out afterwards. Osinbajo in my opinion seems to have learned to stoop to win.

Finally, my ernest desire is that PYO would run for presidency in 2023, God sparing our lives and this potentially great nation. I hope Jagaban would please rest his ambition and throw his weight behind PYO and let posterity see him as a true patriot and hero of Nigeria.
The root of Nigeria's crisis today is lack of commemsurate consequences for people's actions. I believe if this is fixed, other components of the puzzle will come together easily.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by kayuseful: 8:59am On Aug 11, 2021
Plut01:

Some months back, I'd say, let have a liberal Southerner as a president. But with what is happening in Nigeria and the way The Gambari Fulanis have been running our dear country and probably hope to continue to run it without backing down, I will say it here that we Southerners don't need a weakling or Liberal, detribalize person as the next president.

We can never make the mistake we made with the very Liberal and gentle Jonathan again. We need a core Tribalist, crude, blunt and stubborn Southerner to correct the damages Bubu and his gang of terrorists have done to our dear nation. It is then after the correction, we can give power to the Middle belt to heal the wound.

But until then, i say no to weak southern president.

I'm with you on this bro, but let's be sincere, you think the people in power will hand over power to someone like that?
The people in power are looking for a soft southerner they can trust that won't make them face justice for their crimes.

For example, Recently, they were promoting a bill that will make the president unable to change the service chiefs. Reason am
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by joelsteron: 9:00am On Aug 11, 2021
Babangida said don't vote either APC or PDP.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Johel(m): 9:00am On Aug 11, 2021
murecool:
Osinbajo fits description of an ideal Nigerian President

As conversations around who emerges Nigeria’s next president in 2023 gradually takes centre stage, pundits and analysts are positioning Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, ahead of other eminent Nigerians listed in a poll published by ThisDay newspaper on July 9, 2021.

The poll followed an interview of former Head of State, General Ibrahim Babangida conducted by Arise TV on who should be Nigeria’s president in 2023.

Aside educational qualification, Babagida cited age and experience as important determinants for selecting Buhari’s successor in 2023, stating categorically that an energetic individual in his 60s should be considered by Nigerians for the job.

The poll published by ThisDay on Monday listed eminent Nigerians, leading with Prof. Osinbajo as qualified persons to occupy the top position.

Others listed include, President of African Development Bank, Dr Akinwunmi Adesina; former CBN governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo; current CBN governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele; UN Deputy Secretary General, Mrs Amina Mohammed; former CBN deputy governor, Prof. Kingsley Moghalu; WTO DG, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; former Anambra State governor, Mr Peter Obi, and Ekiti State governor, Mr Kayode Fayemi, among 22 others.

Building their analysis on the criteria established by former military leader on the Arise News Channel on Monday night, former Chairman of the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), Dr Sam Amadi, said Prof. Osinbajo is eminently qualified above the other 30 personalities listed in the ThisDay report.

According to him, “in normal situations, there should be a line of succession. Prof. Osinbajo has the quality, and maybe what he needs to build more is the courage because Nigeria needs somebody who can speak up and intervene more often in crisis facing the people.

“He is a good candidate and ought to be the number one contender for that position.”

Dr Amadi acknowledged the fact that Prof. Osinbajo possesses some of the criteria outlined by IBB in an earlier interview conducted by Arise TV. He said other candidates will face stiff challenges.

In the same vein, Arise News analyst, Mr Mahmud Jega agreed that the current Vice President has all the credentials to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023, noting that “Anybody who has been Vice President for 8 years should be a frontline candidate.”

“Beyond this, Osinbajo is extremely capable technocratically to lead this country in 2023. He has all the qualities and is naturally in the lead ahead of the others.”

Jega also said Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has a strong international background but weak grassroot connection, noting that the perception of her management of the economy will also count against her if she were to run for the presidency.

IBB had hinted at the qualities majority of Nigerians should consider in their choice of the next President. He suggested that individuals in their 60s should be the focus of Nigerians as potential presidential candidate in 2023.

Further, IBB said such persons should have deep knowledge of the economy, must have contacts across the nation and must have been traversing the geo-political zones, marketing their acceptability and capacity.

Compared to the other candidates listed in the ThisDay report, Osinbajo is the most eligible to take over from Buhari in 2023. Aside being a Christian of the Pentecostal denomination from the Southwest and in his 60s, the VP can conveniently combine both politics and the economy as he has done previously when Buahri was away on medical vacation.

Regardless of his political base, it is also unarguable that he might have learnt on the job, and his understanding of the nation’s economy is not in doubt.

A point both Amadi, Jega and even IBB have alluded to is the VP’s experience working as PMB’s deputy for 8 years. For the sake of continuity, according to the ThisDay poll, “no one can sell the programmes of the APC administration better or able to sustain the programmes of the regime, better than Osinbajo.”

In the course of discharging his responsibilities, the VP has over the years interacted with Nigerians in the grassroots in ways unprecedented in the history of the country.

https://www.legit.ng/1428723-2023-osinbajo-leads-30-other-presidential-hopefuls-in-latest-poll.html

None of them Is fit to be president,we no want APC Again....Donald Duke is the best candidate for me..
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by maisams01(m): 9:01am On Aug 11, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Sir,
The only mistake he made was to show his true color when Buahri handed power to him in that year he had the power of the president. Just look at what he did. He stepped on toes and made drastic moves that everyone shouted. He settled the crisis in Delta fast. He sacked DSS bulldog number 1. He moved the economic forward fast. All within just 30 days when it took his boss 6 months to assemble his cabinet. Lol.

Sir, this angered Abba Kyari, the chief of staff of the president and the cabals in the presidency. When Buhari returned, they turned against him. That was when Buhari removed him as Economic leader and stylishly put Abba Kyari there. And they sacked many of the VP's aids. Before this happened, I told everyone that year that Osinbajo had made a big mistake. It is one of the laws of Leadership. You dont outshine your master. He out shined Buhari and created enemies for himself. Someone who supposed tonpaly the "mumu" (like he is a puppet) game and show his stuff when he has full power. He had just 30 days powe and flexed like a full time president. Lol.

Now, he is wiser. He is playing the game well. My prayer is that he has the full power for the next 4 years after 2023. And he is lucky covid 19 removed Abba Kyari. You can see he is now the head of the economic team. This is the position of Dr. NGOZI iweal during Jonathan's days. And sincerely, he is outperforming Ngozi. Not that Ngozi is not good. Are both. Now, if he becomes the president, and Ngozi still the World Trade Organisation number 1, and with Dr Akinwilumi still AFRICA Bank of development whatever that thing is called, mehn! ... We will move forward. Nog with this snail called Buhari.

you seem objective Sir but can you tell us how the economy have faired in his time as the head of the economic team?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by OTlandlord: 9:03am On Aug 11, 2021
Aside sentiments....Adesina & Okonjo-Iweala are the best....Moghalu comes second best.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by 989900: 9:04am On Aug 11, 2021
Ọ̀ṣinbajo was my man (the only Southwesterner I will choose over him, is Fashola), until I realized he ("Ọ̀ṣinbande"wink is a weakling, a coward. If he can grow some cojones, fine.

In the interim, I prefer someone between 45-60 tops. YDP! We move!!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by maisams01(m): 9:05am On Aug 11, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Osinbajo is just a figure head. He has no say in Buhari's corrupt government. I remember when buhari mistakenly transmitted power to him and he sacked daura, Buhari's towns man and fulani over corruption. Since that time, buhari never makes that mistake again. Osinbajo would have a zero tolerance for corruption. He's a qualified candidate...provided he accepts to run. That man is too conservative.
Zero tolerance for corruption from a man who idolizes Tinubu and co? I don't think so, Osinbajo is also corrupt

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Theresamay: 9:05am On Aug 11, 2021
Abfinest007:
Osibanjo yes but under apc is no no
APC as a party is not the problem cos, there are alot of better people in APC. point out the bad ones not APC as a whole. OSIBANJO is a good man

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Eriokanmi: 9:06am On Aug 11, 2021
maisams01:
Zero tolerance for corruption from a man who idolizes Tinubu and co? I don't think so, Osinbajo is also corrupt
hmmm. Show me proofs. I'd have outrightly condemned tinubu, should he top that list. He's a super corrupt fellow.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Dogeland: 9:08am On Aug 11, 2021
Sir,

The most reasonable comment in the discourse of this topic.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Temptee101(m): 9:08am On Aug 11, 2021
Osinbanjo is the worst among those listed.

This is man who can never see the truth and speak even in the face of glaring injustice against his people and the south.

This is man who has never stood for his people even when fulani herdsmen massacred them and sent them on exile.

This is man who lies with reckless abandon. He publicly said Nigeria does not need to be restructured and well run by his boss.

They talked about "continuity"... continuity from where; failure, corruption, poverty, unemployment, injustice, nepotism, etc,.. these guys must be joking.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by omoluka: 9:09am On Aug 11, 2021
EndNigeriaNoow:
No more elections in Nigeria, get that into your heads.

Freedom Is calling, Embrace freedom today.
Can we do this as a unit in 2023? West East South?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Theresamay: 9:10am On Aug 11, 2021
Johel:

None of them Is fit to be president,we no want APC Again....Donald Duke is the best candidate for me..
Is APC as a whole your problem? Most of you don't reason before saying things. Is PDP performing better? All these sentiments is what is keeping you people perpetually where you are
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by maisams01(m): 9:10am On Aug 11, 2021
Eriokanmi:
hmmm. Show me proofs. I'd have outrightly condemned tinubu, should he top that list. He's a super corrupt fellow.
Proofs of what exactly? Can you deny Tinubu is his godfather? Don't you see the way he praises him especially on occasions such as Tinubu's birthday? can you deny Tinubu was one of the if not the major reason he is the VP today? Sir someone with zero tolerance to corruption will not associate with a personality like BAT, sorry to burst your bubble but in the current crop of politicians in Niger, no one has zero tolerance for corruption.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by maisams01(m): 9:13am On Aug 11, 2021
Theresamay:
APC as a party is not the problem cos, there are alot of better people in APC. point out the bad ones not APC as a whole. OSIBANJO is a good man
the bunch of Nigerian politicians are corrupt sir, they don't care about the masses and Osinbajo is no exception. But if you say he is a lesser evil,well maybe but a good man? No
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Kingstanding: 9:15am On Aug 11, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cool

Yemi Osinbanjo
Babatunde Raji Fashola
Akinwumi Adeshina

These are our candidates in South West APC

Seyi Makinde, Olusegun Mimiko for South West PDP tongue
. Akinwunmi Adesina is the best amongst them.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by tundess: 9:19am On Aug 11, 2021
Watch for who starts doing speeches at Chatham House and CFR in Washington DC to know who the front runners are.
ThisDay just laying the crumbs.
If you know, you know.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by micflo28(m): 9:21am On Aug 11, 2021
Osinbajo is still not the long awaited messiah.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Great2017: 9:23am On Aug 11, 2021
Etfash:

If he did the bolded, it would have been a very wrong move because his principal that I know may have replaced him with a nepotistic fellow from my side of the country (I'm a northerner). Kemi Adeosun, former Minister of Finance who resigned was replaced by who? Today, in the scheme of things, she is OUT!

You must understand that bringing all your arsenals out at a time because you see a snake isn't always the best. A tiger may come out afterwards. Osinbajo in my opinion seems to have learned to stoop to win.

Finally, my ernest desire is that PYO would run for presidency in 2023, God sparing our lives and this potentially great nation. I hope Jagaban would please rest his ambition and throw his weight behind PYO and let posterity see him as a true patriot and hero of Nigeria.
The root of Nigeria's crisis today is lack of commemsurate consequences for people's actions. I believe if this is fixed, other components of the puzzle will come together easily.
I just hope he is really worth all that you have said.

A lot of Nigerians are looking forward to the day we will get our leadership right. That will mark a rebirth of this nation that we call our own.

Poverty is deep in the land and we owe ourselves the need to reverse this disease.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by ATTAH012(m): 9:26am On Aug 11, 2021
How on earth can Prof. Osibanjo who is part of the most deceptive and worst government in the history of Nigeria be leading in a presidential poll?

This poll must therefore lack all sense of objectivity with no clear metrics of assessment and voting.

It may equally have been opened to a handful number of participants who are already biased.

It is only under these skewed conditions Osibanjo or any other failed politician can soar high.

Dis baba,,,, try n understand d write up,,,, because ur first children out of five is bad,,, means d rest of ur children are bad,, use ur head, don't jus hang it.[size=8pt][/size][color=#990000][/color]
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Great2017: 9:26am On Aug 11, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I really hope he turns out to be what you have said about him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldiers Massacre: Army Threatens Legal Action On Fake Video Sharing / Tunde Braimoh Is Dead / 'touching' - Fani-kayode Praises Buhari For Writing Christian Essay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.