Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,359 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) (35982 Views)

LP Rejects Thisday Poll , Says Peter Obi Popular Across The Federation / Kwankwaso Wins In North Online Poll (Photo) / A Time For Heroes In Nigeria: Archbishop Justin Welby's Article In Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Charlie2020(f): 1:53pm On Aug 11, 2021
danilmo:

Are u in this country at all?? Ok assuming if u're the V.P u mean u would have forced Buhari to accept ur advice
. Na by force to remain VP if it's obvious your boss is a blatant failure? If you continue to deputise for him, then you should also share in the blame for his failure

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 11, 2021
comrChris:
What exactly are you saying?
I would have ignored you but your foolishness is glaring and annoying. Every thing you said here and been saying shows how deeply you hate the Igbo's and you still have the effrontery to accuse them of hating you.
Yoruba's laboured to build APC? in the last general election, can you tell me the number of votes APC got in south west and that of PDP, let's see what makes south west solely APC. Ogbonaya Onu, Ngigi, Rochas etc also laboured for APC from the onset. What exactly is your claim? Have you showed the Igbo's love and we didn't reciprocate? We simply give back the hate you give to us, if you like call it not building bridges, it's your business, all I know is that you guys are also hateful souls that wouldn't want anything good for the Igbo's.
Beside,the post is about individuals not about party, the seat of the president isn't APC's birth right.

Yes the seat of the President is not APC's birthright but only a delusional fool will think any other Party but APC can/will produce the President of Nigeria in 2023.

Also, is your accusations that I hate Igbos supposed to upset me? I dey laugh. Do Igbos love anyone, especially the Yorubas, to expect love and goodwill in return from me or other Yorubas?

I can bet 2 million Naira now that at least 95% of those against Osinbajo from the Southern part of Nigeria are Igbos. What has Tinubu done to you guys to warrant your toxic and unreasonable hatred for his person?

Bro, hate begets hate. Keep hating others 24/7 and expecting love in return.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by olatuns2017: 2:04pm On Aug 11, 2021
murecool:
Osinbajo fits description of an ideal Nigerian President

As conversations around who emerges Nigeria’s next president in 2023 gradually takes centre stage, pundits and analysts are positioning Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, ahead of other eminent Nigerians listed in a poll published by ThisDay newspaper on July 9, 2021.

The poll followed an interview of former Head of State, General Ibrahim Babangida conducted by Arise TV on who should be Nigeria’s president in 2023.

Aside educational qualification, Babagida cited age and experience as important determinants for selecting Buhari’s successor in 2023, stating categorically that an energetic individual in his 60s should be considered by Nigerians for the job.

The poll published by ThisDay on Monday listed eminent Nigerians, leading with Prof. Osinbajo as qualified persons to occupy the top position.

Others listed include, President of African Development Bank, Dr Akinwunmi Adesina; former CBN governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo; current CBN governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele; UN Deputy Secretary General, Mrs Amina Mohammed; former CBN deputy governor, Prof. Kingsley Moghalu; WTO DG, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; former Anambra State governor, Mr Peter Obi, and Ekiti State governor, Mr Kayode Fayemi, among 22 others.

Building their analysis on the criteria established by former military leader on the Arise News Channel on Monday night, former Chairman of the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), Dr Sam Amadi, said Prof. Osinbajo is eminently qualified above the other 30 personalities listed in the ThisDay report.

According to him, “in normal situations, there should be a line of succession. Prof. Osinbajo has the quality, and maybe what he needs to build more is the courage because Nigeria needs somebody who can speak up and intervene more often in crisis facing the people.

“He is a good candidate and ought to be the number one contender for that position.”

Dr Amadi acknowledged the fact that Prof. Osinbajo possesses some of the criteria outlined by IBB in an earlier interview conducted by Arise TV. He said other candidates will face stiff challenges.

In the same vein, Arise News analyst, Mr Mahmud Jega agreed that the current Vice President has all the credentials to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023, noting that “Anybody who has been Vice President for 8 years should be a frontline candidate.”

“Beyond this, Osinbajo is extremely capable technocratically to lead this country in 2023. He has all the qualities and is naturally in the lead ahead of the others.”

Jega also said Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has a strong international background but weak grassroot connection, noting that the perception of her management of the economy will also count against her if she were to run for the presidency.

IBB had hinted at the qualities majority of Nigerians should consider in their choice of the next President. He suggested that individuals in their 60s should be the focus of Nigerians as potential presidential candidate in 2023.

Further, IBB said such persons should have deep knowledge of the economy, must have contacts across the nation and must have been traversing the geo-political zones, marketing their acceptability and capacity.

Compared to the other candidates listed in the ThisDay report, Osinbajo is the most eligible to take over from Buhari in 2023. Aside being a Christian of the Pentecostal denomination from the Southwest and in his 60s, the VP can conveniently combine both politics and the economy as he has done previously when Buahri was away on medical vacation.

Regardless of his political base, it is also unarguable that he might have learnt on the job, and his understanding of the nation’s economy is not in doubt.

A point both Amadi, Jega and even IBB have alluded to is the VP’s experience working as PMB’s deputy for 8 years. For the sake of continuity, according to the ThisDay poll, “no one can sell the programmes of the APC administration better or able to sustain the programmes of the regime, better than Osinbajo.”

In the course of discharging his responsibilities, the VP has over the years interacted with Nigerians in the grassroots in ways unprecedented in the history of the country.

https://www.legit.ng/1428723-2023-osinbajo-leads-30-other-presidential-hopefuls-in-latest-poll.html

In as much as I like his person...

I c another GEL in osibanjo
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Charlie2020(f): 2:04pm On Aug 11, 2021
Omolomo4eva:
The four correct people wet I dey see na Osinbajo,Fashola,Okonjo Iweala and Seyi Akinwunmi of AFDB. Naija poll no dey work on election day o! Though I want Osinbajo sha
. Peter Obi is preferable to all these four combined

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Gandollaar(f): 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
As if you don't have what you call us undecided

N gbati n gbati undecided
There's nothing wrong in identifying a people with their language.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by faoogoke(m): 2:12pm On Aug 11, 2021
With this current governance system,

non of them can succeed.

It's not about the individual heading the

Nigerian government but the over

centralised system that will always fail.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Guardiola84: 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2021
Grayoso:

Lol. Check out this clown. Why would I want Igbo support for Osinbajo when I know you guys are only able to play politics of hate, enmity and toxicity?

When have you guys ever voted for the best candidate for the job? In every election, most Igbos will always obey a need to vote in favour of primordial and hateful sentiments rather than pragmatically support the best hand hands available.

I am merely pointing out that no one expects you Igbos to support Osinbajo's candidacy. You would rather support and praise the candidacy of the political founder of Boko Haram, i.e Ali Modu Sheriff, if he is running against Osinbajo in 2023.

That is how emotionally toxic and ethnocentrically hateful you IPOBians are. You will never be found supporting what is best for the majority. Only what satisfies your desire for politics of ethno-religious hate and vindictiveness against others.

OK u yorubas always voted for d best candidate like buhari okwaya?kai these people are very shameless! Buhari/osubande govt are d worst govt Nigerians have ever seen n idiots like u are packaging osubande for continuity ,continuity of what bikonu?poverty?unemployment? Insecurity? Corruption? Nepotism?if I slap your ugly face eeh monkey!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Guardiola84: 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2021
Grayoso:

Bro, no disrespect, but you are a joker. Do you live in the adult world where we all have to accept the reality of how you reap what you sow in life and that actions have consequences good or bad?

Igbos , despite warnings imploring them to be sensible and reasonable, dedicated themselves to playing politics of enmity, toxicity and hatred. They rejected APC outrightly in 2014 and made it openly clear that Igbos ,as a people, wanted nothing to do with the "Boko Haram" Party.

Yorubas ,on the other hand, built bridges to be where they are today to the extent they are the main Southern ethnic group in consideration to produce the President in 2023 ala the concept of reaping what you sow.

If you had any sense you would be thinking of how to get your people to understand the concept of embracing pragmatic mainstream political practices instead of seeing any "born to rule" connotations in my talk here.

You cannot keep showing faith in APGA-style 'local champion' politics of hate to then be demanding to lead Nigeria. You cannot use political platforms to demand Igbos not to vote "Yoruba Party", as Obi and Akunyili did against Ngige, to then crawl like reptiles to the stage to ask for the support of all Nigerians to give you the Presidency.

I am speaking no different to many normal human beings who persevered and worked hard/dedicatedly in expectation of reaping the meritorious rewards of their effort even as the concept may be alien to you Igbos because you will always prefer to fight and alienate others 24/7 to then expect them to allow you reap where you have not sown at the last hour.

Dedicate yourselves to doing the right things by others for once in your lives and stop childishly misbehaving to then act as if anyone owes you anything.
Igbo's rejected APC n buhari/osubande now have Igbos not been vindicated?how's naija now under buhari n your osubande?foolish shameless people
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Guardiola84: 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2021
Buhari n osubande have failed n failed woefully, pls they should give chance for fresh minds ,in APC I see zulum/umahi ticket,for pdp obi/makinde or soludo/sanusi,soludo should forget about anambra governorship he's too big for that,Nigeria needS him now biko,someone should check out soludo CV abegi,d guy too hot kai,HOTTEST BRAINS
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
Guardiola84:

Igbo's rejected APC n buhari/osubande now have Igbos not been vindicated?how's naija now under buhari n your osubande?foolish shameless people

It is an election you emotional so and so. It is not a crime to cast a vote and certainly not something people should be made to feel guilty about since no one can predict the future or read minds and intentions.

It has not work out with Buhari totally , even as he is far better than his predecessors in many aspects, but a normal and sophisticated electorate, winners and losers, move on from the blame game to strategize about the future.

Trust you vindictive and hateful Igbos to be the main one holding everyone to ransom over past elections and refusing to move on.

You lot are even more toxic and bitter today about GEJ's loss than even his own Ijaw Kinsmen and Jonathan himself. You guys are too emotional and petty abeg.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Omolomo4eva(m): 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2021
Charlie2020:
. Peter Obi is preferable to all these four combined
I disconcur
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by ofiko123(m): 3:39pm On Aug 11, 2021
Professor yemi osibanjo does not have the constitutional right to run or contest for the office of the president of the federal republic of Nigeria haven served as the country's vice president..
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by iluvdonjazzy: 3:55pm On Aug 11, 2021
chiiraq802:
Osinbajo might try. but that northern cabal will useless him and turn him to presidential house boy.

The only Politician i can vote for is Akeredolu whether under APshit or any party. aside him... other candidates can goan stand on express road let Dangote trailer kill them.
yeah, the Amutekun Governor that takes no shit from anybody.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Tzar(m): 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2021
Are Nigerians not mad people?!
You stacked a list of people over 45 who have milked Nigeria selfishly to stupor & conduct an imaginary poll that nobody was aware of, then you chose a prof / pastor/ SAN that doesn’t have the guts to speak truth to power or resign honorably in the face of gross misgovernance… then you want someone like me to believe in your rubbish poll?
You know the kind of gullible and foolish Nigerians this poll was directed at.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by SporaD8: 4:12pm On Aug 11, 2021
Charlie2020:
NOI president while Osibanjo continues with his specialty, VP
I understand your sentiment but Quite unfortunate, things ain't done that way. Not in Naija atleast.
NOI, though a respectable technocrat, has never hold any political party appointment in naija, She's a woman, from minority tribe. No, She has to start under someone first.
PYO already paid his due in that regard.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
chiiraq802:
Osinbajo might try. but that northern cabal will useless him and turn him to presidential house boy.

The only Politician i can vote for is Akeredolu whether under APshit or any party. aside him... other candidates can goan stand on express road let Dangote trailer kill them.

It may surprise you that everyman has his own beastly nature.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Ovamboland(m): 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2021
Tzar:
Are Nigerians not mad people?!
You stacked a list of people over 45 who have milked Nigeria selfishly to stupor & conduct an imaginary poll that nobody was aware of, then you chose a prof / pastor/ SAN that doesn’t have the guts to speak truth to power or resign honorably in the face of gross misgovernance… then you want someone like me to believe in your rubbish poll?
You know the kind of gullible and foolish Nigerians this poll was directed at.

When your state governor of your state and big time experienced politicians are decamping to join APC where they will sway their supporters to vote for Osinbajo, an inconsequential person like is sharing your opinion. Go and vote for your Fulani loser candidate as usual. It will shock you that even Jonathan and Pepe will cast their vote for Osinbajo.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by pseudaria: 7:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
Grayoso:

Illiterate, are you people not Jonathan's biggest supporters till today who even refused to to move on from his loss as his Ijaw kinsfolk, and even Jonathan himself, have done?

Bearing that in mind, tell me how pugnacious GEJ and his wife were when Turai, Aondoakaa etal held them by the throat while Yar Adua was comatose abroad.

They were the perfect picture of 'stoop to conquers docility till they gained control of the Presidency. Yet they are heroes to you till today and you never called out their "docility" back then as you always cite against Osinbajo.

Hypocrisy and double standards will forever ridicule you unprincipled and two-faced IPOBians. Yes of course Osinbajo should be fighting Buhari openly as we all saw Jonathan your hero doing to Turai Yar Adua, before even been sworn in as substantive President, or the North he kept sycophantically trying to appease throughout his entire Presidency. Lol.

As I always say, Igbos are a deceptive people fond of demanding from others what they can never give. Jokers.

Sorry to bust your bubble but am from kogi. The constant attack on igbos who you should be supporting for the presidency as a fellow southerner but out of greed(after 8yrs presidency and vp) you are trying to take them down just to please your fulani masters will only lead to your downfall. Just look at tinubu fooling himself, giving donations to hausa- traders building libraries for arewa and other mumu things instead of him to unite the south and push a SE presidency. Ur greed will be your downfall
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by wpadmin: 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2021
EndNigeriaNoow:
No more elections in Nigeria, get that into your heads.

Freedom Is calling, Embrace freedom today.

Elections will hold sir
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by wpadmin: 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2021
Great2017:

This is the category of people that may have voted in favour of Osibanjo or any other failed politician.

His reason for choosing Prof Osibanjo can never be objective.

I therefore challenge you to tell us how well Osibanjo and his boss have faired in the areas of security, cost of living, employment, human rights, borrowing, economy diversification, and the fight against corruption.

Regrettably, Nigeria can never move forward with a followership that sacrifices objectivity on the altar sentiments.

Who do you then suggest?

If you are demanding for breakup, who can you point out in your region that will take your region to the next level?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Great2017: 9:29pm On Aug 11, 2021
wpadmin:

Who do you then suggest?

If you are demanding for breakup, who can you point out in your region that will take your region to the next level?

Obama once advised that Africa needs strong institutions and not strong men. I think that is the way to go.

Strong men have failed us over and over and it will be foolishness to keep recycling this same strategy. It is going to take us nowhere.

Strong institutions are products of a workable constitution. The present constitution is alien to the people. We therefore need a constitution of the people, by the people and for the people.

It is strong institutions that would take governance to the people. Electing the right people thereafter will not be a tough and tall dream.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Tzar(m): 11:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
I guess you are semi literate & that is even worse than being illiterate! Nobody is inconsequential in a sane society where there is one man one vote (of course Nigeria isn't one).
Since you are such a scum of the earth to throw insults instead of knocking off the facts posed, (such as, the article did not indicate the scope & spread of their imaginary poll to validate it) I will choose to let your stupidity slide. The poll was meant for cretins like you anyway.
How does a credible poll not indicate the scope & spread sampled, instead the article went ahead on an adulation frenzy of a fulani slave.
FYI, I am proudly Yoruba and an Omoluabi. I am also not a PDP or APC boxed in person.
Ovamboland:

When your state governor of your state and big time experienced politicians are decamping to join APC where they will sway their supporters to vote for Osinbajo, an inconsequential person like is sharing your opinion. Go and vote for your Fulani loser candidate as usual. It will shock you that even Jonathan and Pepe will cast their vote for Osinbajo.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Deadlytruth(m): 4:21am On Aug 20, 2021
Gandollaar:
Lies. Acn had always advocated for full regional autonomy.
Care substantiating this with any source? Was ACN a regional party or just a Lagos-only party back then?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'touching' - Fani-kayode Praises Buhari For Writing Christian Essay / Sen. Ndoma Egba's Son Shows Off The Interior Of His Father's Palatial Home / President Jonathan At Good Friday Service At Villa Chapel Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.