Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,372 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) (35984 Views)

LP Rejects Thisday Poll , Says Peter Obi Popular Across The Federation / Kwankwaso Wins In North Online Poll (Photo) / A Time For Heroes In Nigeria: Archbishop Justin Welby's Article In Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Seniorwriter(m): 8:22am On Aug 11, 2021
Great2017:
How on earth can Prof. Osibanjo who is part of the most deceptive and worst government in the history of Nigeria be leading in a presidential poll?

This poll must therefore lack all sense of objectivity with no clear metrics of assessment and voting.

It may equally have been opened to a handful number of participants who are already biased.

It is only under these skewed conditions Osibanjo or any other failed politician can soar high.

EXACTLY!

@SENIORWRITER

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by michoim(m): 8:22am On Aug 11, 2021
Yes, I support Osinbajo but seems Asiwaju Tinubu was eliminated from the contest...
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by alizma: 8:22am On Aug 11, 2021
They deliberately omit Yahaya Bello from the list.
You omit someone that has shown interest in a position you are conducting an online pole for but include people that are not even thinking toward that position. Ok continue

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by iamkneeyi: 8:24am On Aug 11, 2021
Osibanjo can't near that seat.. With the wolfs around him..
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Mycoin(m): 8:25am On Aug 11, 2021
My take has always been

Sanusi lamido sanusi
Okonjo iwaela.
Bukola sarak
Rochas amaechi

You can now do your permutations

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by 2023NaijaVoter: 8:25am On Aug 11, 2021
I can't wait to vote our Hon. VP into the bigger seat. wink

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Kuriosmynd: 8:26am On Aug 11, 2021
Sowore is the best candidate to make any radical changes in Nigeria ..cos he's revolutionary. And radical change is wot nigeria need
But Nigerian fools don't know people with visions...they will choose clout, propaganda and status quo politicians which they worship

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 11, 2021
Professor Osinbajo is the best we have now. I have been saying it for 3.5 years.

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Codeye(m): 8:32am On Aug 11, 2021
WTO DG, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; former Anambra State
My First Choice ☝️
Osinbajo my Second choice

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by computer0810(m): 8:32am On Aug 11, 2021
Great2017:
How on earth can Prof. Osibanjo who is part of the most deceptive and worst government in the history of Nigeria be leading in a presidential poll?

This poll must therefore lack all sense of objectivity with no clear metrics of assessment and voting.

It may equally have been opened to a handful number of participants who are already biased.

It is only under these skewed conditions Osibanjo or any other failed politician can soar high.

U have no knowledge of what politics is like

Emotions and hate will not count on election day

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by farem: 8:32am On Aug 11, 2021
joyairemiya:
The way Osinbajo has been promoted promoting himself these days...
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Ghostnick: 8:33am On Aug 11, 2021
https://youtube.com/shorts/V3tfWiRBGQo?feature=share tag the bank that frustrated you ������� please share
Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by VTJN(m): 8:33am On Aug 11, 2021
EndNigeriaNoow:
No more elections in Nigeria, get that into your heads.

Freedom Is calling, Embrace freedom today.
You fit swear with your entire life say election will not hold come 2023?

If election hold make you die untimely death.

If e sure you swear smiley

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by arsenal33: 8:38am On Aug 11, 2021
EndNigeriaNoow:
No more elections in Nigeria, get that into your heads.

Freedom Is calling, Embrace freedom today.
freedom from IPOB Taliban

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by knacker(m): 8:38am On Aug 11, 2021
I knew the poll, organisers and voters are useless when I saw names who aren't interested in politics e.g Dangote
Also when they excluded fore runners in the post of presidency e.g sowore and Yahaya.
Even Akeredolu is supposed to be there, dat white beard man has the balls to tame northerners not osibanjo

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by computer0810(m): 8:39am On Aug 11, 2021
alizma:
They deliberately omit Yahaya Bello from the list.
You omit someone that has shown interest in a position you are conducting an online pole for but include people that are not even thinking toward that position. Ok continue
Dey listed innovative and intelligent ppl with individual achievements on there respective fields aside politics, and not all sort of nuisance be it Gov or anything making noise

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 11, 2021
Someone who supervises the worst economy in Nigeria's history is being considered the best option...
Shame on you biased nonentities.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Plut01: 8:39am On Aug 11, 2021

Some months back, I'd say, let have a liberal Southerner as a president. But with what is happening in Nigeria and the way The Gambari Fulanis have been running our dear country and probably hope to continue to run it without backing down, I will say it here that we Southerners don't need a weakling or Liberal, detribalize person as the next president.

We can never make the mistake we made with the very Liberal and gentle Jonathan again. We need a core Tribalist, crude, blunt and stubborn Southerner to correct the damages Bubu and his gang of terrorists have done to our dear nation. It is then after the correction, we can give power to the Middle belt to heal the wound.

But until then, i say no to weak southern president.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by AnanseK(m): 8:40am On Aug 11, 2021
SporaD8:

But for the fact that they're both christian, his perfect square would have been NOI - match made in heaven!

You mean the overrated IMF puppet who messed up her position as the coordinating Minister of Nigeria’s economy?

She had the chance of life time, Goodluck Jonathan was ready to give her the lead effectively as his Prime Minister.

But money has its corrupting influence and she succumbed, plus the fact that her capacity has been excessively over rated - to say the least.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Great2017: 8:40am On Aug 11, 2021
Grayoso:

Lol. You're a joker. I can clearly see I am wasting my time with a 'tool' like you. Nonetheless it is obvious now to everyone that you are not an objective judge of Osinbajo.

You are just jumping shamelessly and disgracefully from pillar to post. Like I said before, you are in the minority. Your politics of hate, enmity and toxicity has never gotten you anywhere and never will. Certainly not in 2023.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/osinbajo-backs-calls-restructuring/amp/

I can see that you are trying to defend the indefensible.

You posted a link where Osibanjo supported calls for restructuring in April, 2018. ( Mind you, he did not call for it. )

In September, 2018, this same Osibanjo condemned restructuring as being rhetorical. See the link below.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/09/09/apc-backs-osibanjo-on-restructuring/

Are you not being mischievous to now say that such a person supports restructuring?

I repeat, who is playing the politics of hatred and toxicity?

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 11, 2021
Great2017:

Sir,
The only mistake he made was to show his true color when Buahri handed power to him in that year he had the power of the president. Just look at what he did. He stepped on toes and made drastic moves that everyone shouted. He settled the crisis in Delta fast. He sacked DSS bulldog number 1. He moved the economic forward fast. All within just 30 days when it took his boss 6 months to assemble his cabinet. Lol.

Sir, this angered Abba Kyari, the chief of staff of the president and the cabals in the presidency. When Buhari returned, they turned against him. That was when Buhari removed him as Economic leader and stylishly put Abba Kyari there. And they sacked many of the VP's aids. Before this happened, I told everyone that year that Osinbajo had made a big mistake. It is one of the laws of Leadership. You dont outshine your master. He out shined Buhari and created enemies for himself. Someone who supposed tonpaly the "mumu" (like he is a puppet) game and show his stuff when he has full power. He had just 30 days powe and flexed like a full time president. Lol.

Now, he is wiser. He is playing the game well. My prayer is that he has the full power for the next 4 years after 2023. And he is lucky covid 19 removed Abba Kyari. You can see he is now the head of the economic team. This is the position of Dr. NGOZI iweal during Jonathan's days. And sincerely, he is outperforming Ngozi. Not that Ngozi is not good. Are both. Now, if he becomes the president, and Ngozi still the World Trade Organisation number 1, and with Dr Akinwilumi still AFRICA Bank of development whatever that thing is called, mehn! ... We will move forward. Nog with this snail called Buhari.

Osinbajo is the best we have now. Take it from me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by htdot: 8:42am On Aug 11, 2021
Grayoso:

Lol. See painment. Pretty sure you're IPOBian from Abia State.

Unfortunately for you most Nigerians are not into self-deceit and don't see things as you do.

They understand Nigeria's political reality enough to know the failure of Buhari is his alone. Nothing to do with Osinbajo who cannot do anything unilaterally or without the approval of Buhari and even the most junior member of his ruling cabal.

The effort of you IPOBians to discredit Osinbajo is DOA (dead on arrival). Nigerians love him and he is acceptd by all except you hateful and ethnocentric folks. Osinbajo will be President in 2023 100⁶% if Tinubu cannot/will not contest.
Shut up, you yorubas are the one voicing for osibanjo... you guys are so tribalistic.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by ppogba: 8:44am On Aug 11, 2021
As lousy as Gov. Wike is, he is the most likely to clear all these rubbish fulani yamayama if given the opportunity.

My opinion may sound odd but follow me reason am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Minjim: 8:44am On Aug 11, 2021
Abfinest007:
Osibanjo yes but under apc is no no

Apc is not the problem. Buhari is!

Remove Buhar, Tinubu and the other clueless northerners that Buhari has put in charge , you will see a turnaround

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Minjim: 8:45am On Aug 11, 2021
htdot:

Shut up, you yorubas are the one voicing for osibanjo... you guys are so tribalistic.

You people are usually betrayed by your emotions and bottled up hatred.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by highchief1: 8:45am On Aug 11, 2021
murecool:
Osinbajo fits description of an ideal Nigerian President

As conversations around who emerges Nigeria’s next president in 2023 gradually takes centre stage, pundits and analysts are positioning Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, ahead of other eminent Nigerians listed in a poll published by ThisDay newspaper on July 9, 2021.

The poll followed an interview of former Head of State, General Ibrahim Babangida conducted by Arise TV on who should be Nigeria’s president in 2023.

Aside educational qualification, Babagida cited age and experience as important determinants for selecting Buhari’s successor in 2023, stating categorically that an energetic individual in his 60s should be considered by Nigerians for the job.

The poll published by ThisDay on Monday listed eminent Nigerians, leading with Prof. Osinbajo as qualified persons to occupy the top position.

Others listed include, President of African Development Bank, Dr Akinwunmi Adesina; former CBN governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo; current CBN governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele; UN Deputy Secretary General, Mrs Amina Mohammed; former CBN deputy governor, Prof. Kingsley Moghalu; WTO DG, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; former Anambra State governor, Mr Peter Obi, and Ekiti State governor, Mr Kayode Fayemi, among 22 others.

Building their analysis on the criteria established by former military leader on the Arise News Channel on Monday night, former Chairman of the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), Dr Sam Amadi, said Prof. Osinbajo is eminently qualified above the other 30 personalities listed in the ThisDay report.

According to him, “in normal situations, there should be a line of succession. Prof. Osinbajo has the quality, and maybe what he needs to build more is the courage because Nigeria needs somebody who can speak up and intervene more often in crisis facing the people.

“He is a good candidate and ought to be the number one contender for that position.”

Dr Amadi acknowledged the fact that Prof. Osinbajo possesses some of the criteria outlined by IBB in an earlier interview conducted by Arise TV. He said other candidates will face stiff challenges.

In the same vein, Arise News analyst, Mr Mahmud Jega agreed that the current Vice President has all the credentials to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023, noting that “Anybody who has been Vice President for 8 years should be a frontline candidate.”

“Beyond this, Osinbajo is extremely capable technocratically to lead this country in 2023. He has all the qualities and is naturally in the lead ahead of the others.”

Jega also said Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has a strong international background but weak grassroot connection, noting that the perception of her management of the economy will also count against her if she were to run for the presidency.

IBB had hinted at the qualities majority of Nigerians should consider in their choice of the next President. He suggested that individuals in their 60s should be the focus of Nigerians as potential presidential candidate in 2023.

Further, IBB said such persons should have deep knowledge of the economy, must have contacts across the nation and must have been traversing the geo-political zones, marketing their acceptability and capacity.

Compared to the other candidates listed in the ThisDay report, Osinbajo is the most eligible to take over from Buhari in 2023. Aside being a Christian of the Pentecostal denomination from the Southwest and in his 60s, the VP can conveniently combine both politics and the economy as he has done previously when Buahri was away on medical vacation.

Regardless of his political base, it is also unarguable that he might have learnt on the job, and his understanding of the nation’s economy is not in doubt.

A point both Amadi, Jega and even IBB have alluded to is the VP’s experience working as PMB’s deputy for 8 years. For the sake of continuity, according to the ThisDay poll, “no one can sell the programmes of the APC administration better or able to sustain the programmes of the regime, better than Osinbajo.”

In the course of discharging his responsibilities, the VP has over the years interacted with Nigerians in the grassroots in ways unprecedented in the history of the country.

https://www.legit.ng/1428723-2023-osinbajo-leads-30-other-presidential-hopefuls-in-latest-poll.html
list compiled by a mad man.u for put my pic too na.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by maisams01(m): 8:46am On Aug 11, 2021
Grayoso:

Can you read at all or do you even have sound general intellect?

As one example, how do you want to judge Osinbajo a failure over Nigeria's security challenges when he passionately backs State policing, as all progressive-minded Nigerians do, yet his boss with the real power to implement it, i.e Buhari, is not interested in the option?

Osinbajo views restructuring a veritable means of boosting economic productivity and competitiveness. Yet Buhari, with the real executive power to deliver, has openly mocked restructuring.

Which sensible Nigerian, if not 'tools' driven by hate, would want to rope Osinbajo into Buhari's failure when it is clear they have very different and divergent views with only one possessing the power to be able to get his way to the glory or stagnation of Nigeria?

When you can judge Osinbajo this unfairly, knowing his views and knowing he has no power to implement them, then there is no doubt hate drives your outlook and lack of objectivity.

It is like unreasonably blaming a 12 year old for not being able to vote for 'change' when the law does not allow children to vote and that particular child has told you he would vote for change if he could.

Osinbajo has done and said enough to make it crystal clear to objective Nigerians he would do things very differently if President and possessing the power to drive change. Continue pretending not to know that. Good thing is that most Nigerians are more sensible and reasonable than you.

You are in the minority and your mention of Tinubu just shows your real ethnic bias "bini man from Edo State".
Funny how anyone that does not support your view on Osinbajo is a hater according to you and you still went on to call him Ipobian from Abia but still want to claim ethnic bias on his part. Take it or leave it, Osinbajo is a failure as far as some of us Nigerians are concerned and we have every right to call him out

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by kayuseful: 8:46am On Aug 11, 2021
danilmo:

So wen he resign the problem would be solved Pls don't mention me again..
don't mind that fellow. Save your energy for sane and objective people. They're the people that will tell you to boycott elections because it is fraud, but will expect a change To good governance

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Eriokanmi: 8:47am On Aug 11, 2021
Osinbajo would be a though president but active too. The way he governed when power was transmitted to him during which he sacked daura, the former DSS boss over corruption was a proof. Fayemi is a grammarian. He lacks decorum to lead. Adesina is a technocrat, another possible choice. Okonjo iweala no go fit come, she respects her name. Bukola saraki too would be OK, but he get plenty enemies. They should fear him because he's smarter than the aforementioned.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Military0001: 8:49am On Aug 11, 2021
Nonsense poll, someone that is part of the failed administration and have never for once said anything meaningful apart from going to condolence and sharing imaginary money to traders.. Nigeria who curse una like this?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) by Great2017: 8:49am On Aug 11, 2021
computer0810:

U have no knowledge of what politics is like

Emotions and hate will not count on election day
It is the same politics of bitterness that has brought us to our knees.

Are you enjoying the insecurity, poverty, mindless unemployment rate and high cost of living that this has birthed?

Any day and any time, I will choose competency over mediocrity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sen. Ndoma Egba's Son Shows Off The Interior Of His Father's Palatial Home / President Jonathan At Good Friday Service At Villa Chapel Yesterday / Buhari Considers Balance In SGF Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.