Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past - Culture (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past (24164 Views)

Music, Dance: What Gave Fulani Youths Joy In The Past (Video, Pictures) / Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by KingOKON: 5:41pm On Jan 29, 2022
SirNewtonNG
So you are one of the rats that just graduated from Iya Basirat Ogane school of lunacy and weed smoking.
Don't worry have seen plenty of ya kinds here and have dealt and cure their Oshogbo madness, you are a rat a very useless and hopeless one.
This is my second time I will mention your borrowed slave name and the last but as assignment you go through my old post to see how from your Oduduwa nonsensical history till now how I have slaughtered those before and your mentor
Don't mention my name again if you don't want to join your mythical Oranmiyan and Sango in mystery land
Useless rat of yesterday

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 8:03pm On Jan 29, 2022
Rolandosadolor:
[s]We are not talking about empire here madam.

About the Lagos even the map you brought contradict you.

They have been telling you Benin lagos was under Benin rule you keep denying and bringing story of moonlight.

The map say Great Benin/lagos[/s]
The stupidity of you Binis is a very deep special type of stupid.

You run around with different monikers pretending to be different persons in order to give the impression that some users agree with you.

Yet you can’t even do it right by using different colors to highlight the different maps you’ve highlighted.

Now to your main stupidity, now where does the map use the phrase “Great Benin/Lagos”. Aiyelala is actually making you see double. But that’s even by the way.

Again, going by your deluded logic of reading maps; do you agree or not that Guineans conquered, ruled and owned Benin kingdom according to the maps below??

Going by your deluded logic of reading maps; do you agree or not that Igbos conquered, ruled, and owned Benin kingdom according to the 2nd map below??

If you even one brain cell, you would have known that one of the people with whom the Europeans traded & were acquainted are the Binis; and one of the places from where they traded with them is the trade colony they stayed at the island of Eko.

You guys should talk to your Ọba so he can lift the ban he placed on brain usage in Benin.

Cheers

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 8:05pm On Jan 29, 2022
KingOKON:
SirNewtonNG
So you are one of the rats that just graduated from Iya Basirat Ogane school of lunacy and weed smoking.
Don't worry have seen plenty of ya kinds here and have dealt and cure their Oshogbo madness, you are a rat a very useless and hopeless one.
This is my second time I will mention your borrowed slave name and the last but as assignment you go through my old post to see how from your Oduduwa nonsensical history till now how I have slaughtered those before and your mentor
Don't mention my name again if you don't want to join your mythical Oranmiyan and Sango in mystery land
Useless rat of yesterday

E pain am. What are you on about. Come with counter facts with evidence and historical records. Ohh i forgot you're a bini dullard shocked who is a slv of our son the omo noba long may he keep ruling dullard who are hell bent on a yoruba man ruling them grin.

Wait first, i no con understand again. So now oranmiyan is now mythical?? No be your brother just dey explain away how oranmiyan be son of ekaladerhan and grandson of ogiso owodo. So now its mythical. This is what happens when truth is shone. Tears and confusion set in. TAO11 has given proof from the 14tg/15th century, historical accounts with archaeological findings of the father son relationship of ife to benin. Even down to the 19th/20th century as we see obas like eweka praying to his ancestors and oba akenzua joining his yoruba brothers in the yoruba council of chiefs meeting. But you and your brothers are here crying about trying to explain the fact that you are born sla!vs ekaladerhan this one, mythical that one. You lot will cry well. We will chase you away and suffocate you with truth. Authentic truth not just trolling or banter or insults. grin grin cheesy I get una time

6 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2022
Jameseddi1:

And Oduduwa is from Edo your first ruler. I watch a Yoruba movie how Oduduwa was teaching them how to sew cloths because clothes was alien to them then they normally go naked that time until the well govern Benin came to colonized you all.

During your first ruler Oduduwa Edo/Ado or Idu have already be well governed by 30 Ogiso.

Ask your self did Oromyian came forcefully to rule benin no Benin chiefs pleaded with him to come.

How can he rule the mighty Edo a kingdom that have be in existence 1000s of year long before Yoruba have the first ruler.

Oromyan couldn’t rule Benin as it too powerful for him to rule with the fear to be victims of same thing that make his father Oduduwa was unable to rule the mighty kingdom.

Oduduwa is son of the last Ogiso (the ruler of the sky). I guess this was the reason he told you people he came from the sky and you people literally think he mean he fell from the sky lol

That is the Benin ife connection.

After many years the Benin being the first established kingdom they aim was to explore just as European did by coming to Africa to
Colonized them, Benin already started that long ago.

Benin went west they colonized akure install their ruler and make them pay tribute to Benin kingdom they went forward to all Ondo all Ekiti and after the finish establishing this place they went further to Lagos and install their first ruler.

And this one here is saying trash.

You keep lying to yourself #Tao11

This an eyewitness European
1584 map of Africa
Ortelius, Abraham,1527-1598.

In this map you can see how all south south was know as Benin the green dote is where lagose is today all of them was known as Benin.

Lagose to middle bet to Itshekiri to ado Ekiti all was known as Benin by European. And this one bor yesterday want to come change history here.

Defend this map here or let me say twist the map anyway I still have more map for you

Aunty TAO11 one of your kids beleive bight of benin means benin "empire" (sorry 2by2 kingdom grin) i dey laugh here grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 8:29pm On Jan 29, 2022
SirNewtonNG:
Aunty TAO11 one of your kids beleive bight of benin means benin "empire" (sorry 2by2 kingdom grin) i dey laugh here grin cheesy
It’s the same gregyboy, Edeyoung, Rolandosadolor, Eddyboy27711, etc.

He himself is convinced that what he typed is crap. Its been debunked many times even on this very thread.

Their skull is very, very thick that almost nothing gets in

One has to drill carefully and skillfully
Here is the link to where that Crap was debunked thoroughly on this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6697675/power-oba-benin-wield-past/14#109443470

Cheers.

10 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by nisai: 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2022
SirNewtonNG:

Something isn't rubbish because your battered ego and sentiments can't take it. It not rubbish because it disproves fables you have been told under the moonlight. It's not rubbish because it doesn't allow you claim other peoples territory of which you have zero influence in. Sorry. It's rubbish if a counter argument with facts and evidence can be given.

You have given none. In fact I'm suprised nisai is egging you on. The conclusions of this people was that IFE-BENIN relationship was made up and not real so I'm wondering why are you are going back to oduduwa angry grin cheesy it's really strange . TAO11 has brought evidences from your own side of the earliest accounts, even sometimes bringing in your dictionary and eye witness reports from the 2by2 kingdom to disprove many lies. You literally most of the times bring nothing. Even when you do, the evidence you bring ends up disproving you. It's embarrassing really. I mean the YouTube video your brother was throwing around clearly states that the so called bini descendants in lagos came from ife via bini. Infact in the same way video, it was clearly stated that ashipa was an isheri man. So you see how foolish you people can be.

All you can do now is troll a Woman who keeps educating you. We will keep educating your dum!b bini asses.
Egg on as how?
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2022
KingOKON:
SirNewtonNG
Useless rat of yesterday

Do you think i wont see your sneaky Reply cool angry grin

E pain am. What are you on about. Come with counter facts with evidence and historical records. Ohh i forgot you're a bini dullard shocked who is a slv of our son the omo noba long may he keep ruling dullard who are hell bent on a yoruba man ruling them grin.

Wait first, i no con understand again. So now oranmiyan is now mythical?? No be your brother just dey explain away how oranmiyan be son of ekaladerhan and grandson of ogiso owodo. So now its mythical. This is what happens when truth is shone. Tears and confusion set in. TAO11 has given proof from the 14tg/15th century, historical accounts with archaeological findings of the father son relationship of ife to benin. Even down to the 19th/20th century as we see obas like eweka praying to his ancestors and oba akenzua joining his yoruba brothers in the yoruba council of chiefs meeting. But you and your brothers are here crying about trying to explain the fact that you are born sla!vs ekaladerhan this one, mythical that one. You lot will cry well. We will chase you away and suffocate you with truth. Authentic truth not just trolling or banter or insults. grin grin cheesy I get una time

7 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2022
nisai:
Egg on as how?
I believe SirNewtonNG mistook you for one of the Bini trolls.

He should have known differently by now that you’ve been on the side of truth since day one.

Cheer.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by nisai: 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2022
TAO11:
I believe SirNewtonNG mistook you for one of the Bini trolls.

He should have known differently by now that you’ve been on the side of truth since day one.

Cheer.
O yami lenu fa.

4 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2022
nisai:
Egg on as how?

This is for people like KingOKON not you sir. Sorry about that

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by rhektor(m): 9:47am On Jan 31, 2022
Jameseddi1:

Bro don’t say what you don’t know a lot of people trying to rewrite history from 19th century.

If you still go check all this places that have Ado history have a relationship with Benin in history you must found Benin In their history #fact.

If not because of rewriting history this Ado places where all under the old Benin empire same with Idu.

Ado Odo? What connection(s) did it have with Bini? I'm willing to learn

3 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by rhektor(m): 9:49am On Jan 31, 2022
Christistruth00:

So Oke Ado in Ibadan was once under Benin in your Opinion ?

Ado Ekiti has never been ruled by Benin O!

Ado is also short for A duro in Yoruba which means we Stand

as in the idiot just be disgracing himself here.

Ado a dó = we stay
We stationed here

3 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by rhektor(m): 9:51am On Jan 31, 2022
Jameseddi1:

I just thought you what Ado mean in your history. It a shame you don’t even know your history

Stop this nonsense please

A = àwa = we
Dó = tẹ̀dó = stationed

Stop disgracing yourself boy

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by rhektor(m): 9:54am On Jan 31, 2022
Christistruth00:

Are you saying Benin ruled Oke Ado at Ibadan ?

Ado Ekiti was never ruled by Benin
Ado Ekiti People were from Ile Ife

Go and recheck all your History again you are very badly mistaken

That fool did not understand Yorùbá language he want to twist it cheesy
If he insist that Ado Ekiti means Ekiti person that comes from Bini then Ekiti must have mean "person" grin

What he failed to understand first is that no Yorùbá name will be given without a meaning. We don't just give name to towns/ places without the name having a meaning

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by rhektor(m): 9:58am On Jan 31, 2022
Jameseddi1:
I thought station is ibudu
grin
You're ignorant of the language you want to dispute, stop disgracing yourself please

Ibùdó/ Ibùdókọ̀(bus/vehicle Stop/station)
Did you get the last part of the word? Ibù-dó two words (compound word)

Ibù - place
dó - station (to stay, rest, settle etc)

Oh boy learn, look before you leap o

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by rhektor(m): 10:02am On Jan 31, 2022
Jameseddi1:
I can’t debate with people who even don’t know their history every old Yoruba man know that Ado mean people from Edo to Yoruba. If you don’t know this you don’t even know your history as a Yoruba and you are not worthy of my response.

Name one old Yorùbá man who has told you that Ado mean a person from Edo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by rhektor(m): 10:06am On Jan 31, 2022
Jameseddi1:
If you don’t know Ado is what Yoruba call people from Edo Benin In ancient time this means you don’t even know your history as Yoruba ✌️

Wherever you are getting this nonsense from go back there and tell them that we know ourselves as Yorùbá, Ado a Yorùbá word has nothing to do with Edo (whatever that mean).

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by KingOKON: 6:15pm On Jan 31, 2022
nisai:
grin grin grin grin
Of course Skillfully so that it won't crack and leak away his brain completely.

Continue in smoking that Oshogbo thing the both of you
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 6:55pm On Feb 01, 2022
rhektor:

Name one old Yorùbá man who has told you that Ado mean a person from Edo cheesy

Its funny they don't realize the edo itself is a local bini pronunciation of Ado a yoruba word which has meaning. We settled here is the meaning of ado. Ask them the meaning of edo and it would be butterflies.

Although it's true that a name for the awori-bini prince too was ado(son of ashipa and the oba of benins daughter at the time) and yes its a culture of the yorubas to name people from where they are from infact its a bit universal. Like you'll see Catherine of aragon wife of King Henry 8

cc: TAO11 CHRISTISTRUTH00

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by gregyboy(m): 10:09am On Feb 02, 2022
This argument is totally uncalled for

The benin/ife relationship never existed it was a political tales told for political unification of the edo and Yoruba during the indirect rule system

The ogimien treaty was an indigenous treaty that involved no Yoruba as a party but was later twisted to include the Yoruba history as a distortion so the ogimien would look advantageous from what i know the true history of ogimien and the benin palace is still unknown to the benin people in all it never involved the third party called yorubas

The royal family of benin have already shot themselves in the foot by not openly dismissing the benin/ife myth when due they enjoyed the presence it brought so anyone can use it as a distortion against the palace

* The ogiso tales where myths and the myth originated from Christianity influence by the Europeans who believed on sky king Jesus influenced the benins to tell their own tales of a sky king who came to rule them like Jesus laughable, i guess but true, with the study of benin tradition from a traditional hunter who still go to the forest to hunt for animals at night even uptil last year i got a general insight of benin traditional worship like witches wizard, ghost, oso and omobabe from his narrative it was clear benin believe system and spiritualism was base clearly on earth and no heavenly narrative

Eko, is the short name of ekonuame meaning camp of waters given by the benins, ekosodin likewise was the camp of general oshodin in benin kingdom

The name benin was gotten from the iteskiris
Who first encountered the Portuguese and warned them not venture into the angry lands of benin

The word oba is as indigenous as olokun, ayelala, ovia, ogun.. Although ifa, oromila isago
Was introduced during the benin stay in the western regional politics, the word oba (shinny one), omo no ba nedo (the one who shines for the edo people) is an indigenous words that found is way into the Yoruba lexicon during the various benin military occupation in the west words like ogene in urhobo,etasko are still proves benin old words could spread that far and still remains till date

Samuk,
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 11:40am On Feb 02, 2022
gregyboy:
[s]This argument is totally uncalled for

The benin/ife relationship never existed it was a political tales told for political unification of the edo and Yoruba during the indirect rule system

The ogimien treaty was an indigenous treaty that involved no Yoruba as a party but was later twisted to include the Yoruba history as a distortion so the ogimien would look advantageous from what i know the true history of ogimien and the benin palace is still unknown to the benin people in all it never involved the third party called yorubas

The royal family of benin have already shot themselves in the foot by not openly dismissing the benin/ife myth when due they enjoyed the presence it brought so anyone can use it as a distortion against the palace

* The ogiso tales where myths and the myth originated from Christianity influence by the Europeans who believed on sky king Jesus influenced the benins to tell their own tales of a sky king who came to rule them like Jesus laughable, i guess but true, with the study of benin tradition from a traditional hunter who still go to the forest to hunt for animals at night even uptil last year i got a general insight of benin traditional worship like witches wizard, ghost, oso and omobabe from his narrative it was clear benin believe system and spiritualism was base clearly on earth and no heavenly narrative

Eko, is the short name of ekonuame meaning camp of waters given by the benins, ekosodin likewise was the camp of general oshodin in benin kingdom

Who first encountered the Portuguese and warned them not venture into the angry lands of benin

The word oba is as indigenous as olokun, ayelala, ovia, ogun.. Although ifa, oromila isago
Was introduced during the benin stay in the western regional politics, the word oba (shinny one), omo no ba nedo (the one who shines for the edo people) is an indigenous words that found is way into the Yoruba lexicon during the various benin military occupation in the west words like ogene in urhobo,etasko are still proves benin old words could spread that far and still remains till date

Samuk,[/s]

Incoherent jibber-jabber as expected. grin

Cc: SirNewtonNG

10 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 8:15pm On Feb 02, 2022
gregyboy:
This argument is totally uncalled for

Samuk,

Omo wetin be this. Any sources sir or its just your wish and fantasy? grin I can also wake up and try and give some explanations of what could have happened because i don't like a fact all from my head. Doesn't make it true you know.

You and your brother's should decide which one, because your followers here are vehement on their position.

Oba is indigenous as far back as when oranmiyan came to benin from yoruba land. It's very well known that the benin kingdom was bilingual and the official language of the palace was yoruba as a result of ife dynasty ruling in benin so its no suprise that many Yoruba words that can't be broken down in local bini language are in bini as so called indigenous words. Oba as a word for King has meaning and can be broken down in yoruba language, in edo its a different pronunciation and refers to something esle entirely. Cheech the edo or bini dictionary for reference. Stop looking for silly excuses that can easily be debunked greggyboy.

Eko can't be broken down in bini and it's a borrowed word. Eko is from ereko in yoruba language and its e-re-oko a place for farming, the bini migrants most of whom trace descent from ife by the way and spoke yoruba language (as it was like I've said a billion times the language of the benin palace was a lingua franca) settled on eko and it became a camp for the their activities hence the word came into bini usage.

Bini people and kingdom is great but any lies in a bid to project some false superiority will be aggressively debunked with facts and evidence like my good sister TAO11 always does especially when all historians know the truth that the bini kingdom was founded by ife

8 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Jameseddi1: 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2022
SirNewtonNG:

Omo wetin be this. Any sources sir or its just your wish and fantasy? grin I can also wake up and try and give some explanations of what could have happened because i don't like a fact all from my head. Doesn't make it true you know.

You and your brother's should decide which one, because your followers here are vehement on their position.

Oba is indigenous as far back as when oranmiyan came to benin from yoruba land. It's very well known that the benin kingdom was bilingual and the official language of the palace was yoruba as a result of ife dynasty ruling in benin so its no suprise that many Yoruba words that can't be broken down in local bini language are in bini as so called indigenous words. Oba as a word for King has meaning and can be broken down in yoruba language, in edo its a different pronunciation and refers to something esle entirely. Cheech the edo or bini dictionary for reference. Stop looking for silly excuses that can easily be debunked greggyboy.

Bini people and kingdom is great but any lies in a bid to project some false superiority will be aggressively debunked with facts and evidence like my good sister TAO11 always does especially when all historians know the truth that the bini kingdom was founded by ife

Ife that was founded in same century wich Benin have their second dynasty now found a kingdom that was first governed before by 36 Ogiso

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by oswardic(m): 10:39pm On Feb 02, 2022
Lol, I know your type... Your psychological approach in weakening a defense is to raise a reviling bar, you de learn...

Oh! I forgot you have issues comprehending contradictions against your belief.. No wonder you keep cancelling people's replies.

There's absolutely no reply you have given you haven't insulted the writer. Please grow up...

Winning an argument all the time does not make you wise... The hatred you have for the Binis will bring your arrogant painful worthless fake knowledge to an end. Try reading next time with an open mind and not with a blocked headed brain so you can atleast learn and appreciate other ethnic groups around you.

Mtchew!
TAO11:
Type all these again -- in English this time around.

Or/and engage the argument in my comment which you quoted.

Cheers.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 11:07pm On Feb 02, 2022
Jameseddi1:
[s]Ife that was founded in same century wich Benin have their second dynasty now found a kingdom that was first governed before by 36 Ogiso
[/s]
(1) According to the 1969 report of the archaeological survey of Ife by P. Ozanne:

Ife was 1st inhabited since some very distant antiquity and had many autonomous settlements by the fourth century BCE.

(2) King Oduduwa is from Oke-Ọra — one of the Late Stone Age hilly settlements surrounding the Ife bowl.

(2) Before Oduduwa’s reign in Ile-Ife, the city has had about 97 Ọbas (kings) from the provinces in Ife.

(3) From Oduduwa’s time, kings/chiefs were dispersed to other lands — including some non-Yorùbá lands.

(4) The Ogiso chiefdom of ‘Benin’ had not yet begun at the time, when Ife has already had about 97 Ọbas.

(5) The first Ogiso at ‘Benin’ was sent from Ife during the King Oduduwa’s era.

(6) The third Ogiso at ‘Benin’ was the last one sent from Ife, and he returned to Ife.

(7) The 3rd Ogiso returned back home to Ife when Ife became quite convinced that the native Binis have now been brushed up enough to continue by themselves.

(8 ) The Ogiso chiefdom later collapsed. The Bini elders now sent to Ife again for a capable ruler.

(9) One of Oduduwa’s youngest grandsons was sent to Benin for the task — a permanent rulership now.

(10) He was soon disgusted by their archaicness that he left in disgust.

(11) He, however, left a strict order that his baby from one of their daughters be made their king when he is of age — Ife courtiers to be sent to assist the govt.

(12) At this time, he was already king elsewhere — at a Yorùbá town, viz. Ọyọ-Ile.

(13) Later on, his child at Benin was installed as king of Benin, and was styled with the title “Ọmọnọba” which literally means: “The Child King”.

PS: The European map attached below was created in the year 1513.

It depicts the phrase “Realm of Ọɣọnẹ” thus indicating the only relevant kingdom in the “Nigeria” region.

This is not explainable as mere acquaintance—as they (these Europeans) had no trade/any relations with this Ọɣọni’s kingdom a the time being far from the coast in the deeply forested interior.

The only valid explanation is, therefore, of a firsthand received information from the natives near the coast (i.e. Binis, Ijebus, et al.) who all admit to the seniority, superiority, precedence of this kingdom of the Ọɣọni [Ooni] at the time.

Cc: rhektor, SirNewtonNG, nisai, christistruth01

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 11:13pm On Feb 02, 2022
oswardic:
[s]Lol, I know your type... Your psychological approach in weakening a defense is to raise a reviling bar, you de learn...

Oh! I forgot you have issues comprehending contradictions against your belief.. No wonder you keep cancelling people's replies.

There's absolutely no reply you have given you haven't insulted the writer. Please grow up...

Winning an argument all the time does not make you wise... The hatred you have for the Binis will bring your arrogant painful worthless fake knowledge to an end. Try reading next time with an open mind and not with a blocked headed brain so you can atleast learn and appreciate other ethnic groups around you.
Mtchew![/s]
I didn’t ask you for ocean of tears. So, why all these?

All I ask for is that: For every Benin tales-by-moonlight you tell; bear in mind that this is not Ekpenede street where the dullards don’t ask for evidence. Stop getting mad when we ask for evidence.

Also, stop getting mad when we provide evidence to show that the Yorùbá group remains your father from prehistory till present and into the future.

Cheers.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by rhektor(m): 5:36am On Feb 03, 2022
TAO11:
[/s]
(1) According to the 1969 report of the archaeological survey of Ife by P. Ozanne:

Ife was 1st inhabited since some very distant antiquity and had many autonomous settlements by the fourth century BCE.

(2) King Oduduwa is from Oke-Ọra — one of the Late Stone Age hilly settlements surrounding the Ife bowl.

(2) Before Oduduwa’s reign in Ile-Ife, the city has had about 97 Ọbas (kings) from the provinces in Ife.

(3) From Oduduwa’s time, kings/chiefs were dispersed to other lands — including some non-Yorùbá lands.

(4) The Ogiso chiefdom of ‘Benin’ had not yet begun at the time, when Ife has already had about 97 Ọbas.

(5) The first Ogiso at ‘Benin’ was sent from Ife during the King Oduduwa’s era.

(6) The third Ogiso at ‘Benin’ was the last one sent from Ife, and he returned to Ife.

(7) The 3rd Ogiso returned back home to Ife when Ife became quite convinced that the native Binis have now been brushed up enough to continue by themselves.

(8 ) The Ogiso chiefdom later collapsed. The Bini elders now sent to Ife again for a capable ruler.

(9) One of the Oduduwa’s young grandsons was sent to Benin for the task — a permanent rulership now.

(10) He was soon disgusted by their archaicness that he left in disgust.

(11) He, however, left a strict order that his baby from one of their daughters be made king when he grows up.

(12) At this time, he was already king elsewhere — at a Yorùbá town, viz. Ọyọ-Ile.

(13) Later on, his child at Benin was installed as king in Benin and was styled with the title “Ọmọnọba". This literally means: “King’s child”.

PS: The European map attached below was created in the year 1513.

It depicts the phrase “Realm of Ọɣọnẹ” thus indicating the only relevant kingdom in the “Nigeria” region.

This is not explainable as mere acquaintance—as they (these Europeans) had no trade/any relations with this Ọɣọni’s kingdom a the time being far from the coast in the deeply forested interior.

The only valid explanation is, therefore, of a firsthand received information from the natives near the coast (i.e. Binis, Ijebus, et al.) who all admit to the seniority, superiority, precedence of this kingdom of the Ọɣọni [Ooni] at the time.

Cc: rhektor, SirNewtonNG, nisai, christistruth01

Keep puncturing their lying balloon with facts

7 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by oswardic(m): 8:57am On Feb 03, 2022
Another nonsense...

Keep licking your wound and dream on in your never and can never happen fantasy, see baby kingdom whose till date are never one as a Yoruba nation talking to pre-civilized people of their time... Mtchew!

Learn wisdom and in all ask for understanding. Trust me, your cry will continue till your death as your fantasy will continue staring disappointment in your face

TAO11:
I didn’t ask you for ocean of tears. So, why all these?

All I ask for is that: For every Benin tales-by-moonlight you tell; bear in mind that this is not Ekpenede street where the dullards don’t ask for evidence. Stop getting mad when we ask for evidence.

Also, stop getting mad when we provide evidence to show that the Yorùbá group remains your father from prehistory till present and into the future.

Cheers.

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Ethnic Groups in Nigeria, Less Than 40 / Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night / Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.