Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,010 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past - Culture (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past (24056 Views)

Music, Dance: What Gave Fulani Youths Joy In The Past (Video, Pictures) / Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 10:58am On Feb 04, 2022
SirNewtonNG:

I mean you are right, they were trade disputes and skirmishes and in Akure you had a prince who had maternal bini connection but paternal royal Akure connection installed at some point, infact he was many of the sons of the deposed deji who was born to one of the many daughters of the benin king, that shows that there was a synergetic relationship between the two before the conflict. And yes some tributes of trade was eventually settled to the bini king but that's not conquest at the end of the day and after 60 years or less the tributary stopped
They didn’t pay tribute as far as their account goes.

The Benin trade group paid tributes back home to their king in Benin.

https://www.nairaland.com/6697675/power-oba-benin-wield-past/27#109944382

Cc: SirNewtonNG

15 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Jameseddi1: 11:01am On Feb 04, 2022
SirNewtonNG:

Bro, you are suffering from severe insecurities. TAO11 please leave this guy abeg. Wetin be this. Aworis weren't recognized that's the argument. Are you some troll? I forgot bini are only good for trolling. Now the same europeans who you hate because they either destroyed 2by2 or they still maintain the truth about the foundations of the bini kingdom are the people you love now because they named landmarks like a bight the bight of benin, so that means what now?? Trade was done with the bini which wss the most powerful kingdom in the south south present day nigeria coast hence the naming. The same europeans who talk about bornu empire, sokoto caliphate, mali empire, the nupe kingdom, the hausa city states, the oyo empire or the ijebu kingdom whom they traded with for a long time too and put those names in their maps you never recognize but you are fighting over bight of benin, that's what gives you life in 2022. See how stupid you are grin you lot never have any point really.

No one is arguing over the greatness of benin but you want to reiterate that with lies, falsehood and some show of superiority. Like I'm wondering what point you are making over the bight of benin like so what about the entire GULF of guinea?? Like do you know what geograpy and nomenclature entails. How down bad are you? How insecure are you especially of the yorubas. It's not our fault oranmiyan and his descendants still rule you all till today please

Bight of Benin you keep saying was just named under the kingdom. Let me tell you more.

World pre colony map
Benin city/ Edo now was named king city
West to Lagos was known as great Benin/Benin Ado, Lagos was recognized as lagos or Eko/great Benin

East was known as Ebo under the Benin kingdom south Benin, Calaba Benin.

Every where was Benin that why after colony kingdom like Yoruba will find it very hard to twist history.

Your Yoruba was only recognized in 17th 18th century in north west of Nigeria close to dayome.

Abe una oh just pack go Dahomey make 2 Igbo states go Cameroon make una leave Benin/ Nigeria for us make world dor first know here, you people should go leave Lagos Ondo and Ekiti Onitcha for for us abeg.

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 11:05am On Feb 04, 2022
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 11:09am On Feb 04, 2022
Jameseddi1:

Bight of Benin you keep saying was just named under the kingdom. Let me tell you more.

World pre colony map
West to Lagos was known as great Benin/Benin Ado, Lagos was recognized as lagos or Eko/great Benin

Every where was Benin that why after colony kingdom like Yoruba will find it very hard to twist history.

Your Yoruba was only recognized in 17th 18th century in north west of Nigeria close to dayome.

Abe una oh just pack go Dahomey make 2 Igbo states go Cameroon make una leave Benin/ Nigeria for us make world dor first know here, you people should go leave Lagos Ondo and Ekiti Onitcha for for us abeg.

You be weyrey i swear grin na only mad person fits solve your case. Tell me more as a who, professor or carologist or scientist, you can't even provide decent sources. Bight of benin is benin kingdom?? What a disgrace you are! Shame. Olodo rabata. TAO11 this guy needs Cain. How do you deal with arguing with half illiterates for two years grin . We should leave lagos for you, come and collect it na. Do you have full control over 2by2 not to talk of esan urhobo isoko etc is lagos you want. I'm not igbo so that's not my concern but I'm sire they see you as a lunatic
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 11:12am On Feb 04, 2022
TAO11:
They didn’t pay tribute as far as their account goes.

The Benin trade group paid tributes back home to their king in Benin.

https://www.nairaland.com/6697675/power-oba-benin-wield-past/27#109944382

Correction

"I mean you are right, they were trade disputes and skirmishes and in 18th century/early 19th century Akure, yhe deji was deposed because he resisted a n ambitious benin who was on the decline and wanted some form of upheaval. Then you had a prince who had maternal bini connection but paternal royal Akure connection installed at some point, infact he was many of the sons of the deposed deji who was born by one of the many daughters of the benin king at the time, that shows that there was a synergetic relationship between the two before the conflict. And yes some tributes of trade was eventually settled to the bini king by this traders of benin heritage but that's not conquest at the end of the day and after 60 years or less the tributary stopped "
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 11:17am On Feb 04, 2022
Jameseddi1:

World pre colony map

Werey say let me tell you more angry. Is bini a cult because how come all of you always say yoruba are twisting history when you see sources and evidences, when in fact it's the europeans your besties who say this things. The same European who never ever talked about an ekaladerhan and who said the bini king has am overlord in ife from eyewitness accounts in bini itself or today's Europeans that say definitely that the bini kingdom or Kingship is am ife own. The same Europeans who documented about oyo empire, when did the europeans say anything about a benin empire?? Please give me the sources....ohh hmmm Crickets grin the same way they wrote about bini is the same they wrote about trade with the jekris and the jebus this were all kingdoms of which bini was more prominent. When they reached the the hinterland they discovered the might of oyo and saw it as an empire and wrote it down. Meanwhile they have seen ife as a great kingdom prior to even benin and today, your besties the europeans see ife as an empire. This is all documented. You bring one document or sources. This isn't a beer parlor ok.

TAO11

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 11:30am On Feb 04, 2022
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by oswardic(m): 10:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
I haven't had time to deal with your foolish unwise self until now, guess what? I won't further waste my time with someone who lacks wisdom, and someone that gathers knowledge from what earliest people wrote about just to argue with the custodians of their history. Girl, just don't feel too sad for the conquest and victories the Benin kingdom had all along so you don't die of hypertension too soon, you're still young. I would have asked you for further questions but I know you would lack wisdom to respond amicably....
I hope you will quote your hypeman soon so he can substitute you once you're out of content.
TAO11:

You can deny your own self all you want. In fact, that’s exactly what you must do. Lol. It’s a sign of conquest.

What nonsense is this one typing?? Lol.

No one is asking your Ọba to argue, dummy. All your Ọba had to do was to simply tell us his “truth”.

He may then later eat back some of his words (like he did at his own party), but they would have been out.

Your Ọba came to Ife and could not dare repeat what he supposedly thinks is true. He cowered. Lol.

Historians have said the Kaladerhan tale is fraudulen, your Ọba too apparently knows it’s fraudulent.

Lol. No. I actually know that the Ooni didn’t need your king’s permission before your king knows to call at the Orun-Ọba-Ado burial site.

Even if the Ooni had truly randomly brought that up in the middle of their conversation that day, your kin still didn’t have to go; but he did as the TV news report have stated in clear terms.

Moreover, the issue is not even about who brought it up, when it was brought up, why did he agree, etc. N that’s not the issue. The actual issue is about what he actually agreed to go there to do. The TV news report state in clear terms that he (your king) went there to pay homage to Benin kings buried there.

And that’s not the only site your king visited. He also was at the Oranmiyan grove. We know exactly what was done to him there. It’s an open secret. cheesy

You’re used to being cunning, obviously because you are surrounded in Benin by insanely moronic dullards who are very easy to trick. You’re about to learn a big lesson. Fasten your seat belt.

Now, you’re claiming here that your say it to his face comment was a reply to my dared not mention it comment. Lol.

Whereas, the actual reality is the reverse of what you are fraudulently claiming here:

(1) You wrote at 3:57pm On Feb 03 that “it was said to your Ooni's face

(2) I replied at 4:06pm On Feb 03 that your Ọba “dared not mention the Ekaladerhan fraud” at the Ooni’s palace.
In other words, you didn’t reply with say it to his face to my dared not mention it comment.

Rather, it was I who replied with my dared not mention it comment to your say it to his face comment.

You have just been exposed again for the umpteenth time as a delusional fraudulent nincompoop.

Having now exposed you, it becomes clear that your reason for writing your say it to his face comment is to give the usual dumb Bini insinuation that your Ọba is FeArLeSs, etc.

However, such dumb insinuation is rightly debunked when I pointed out his caveat where he noted that his own statement is not necessarily true for others.

He knows his boundary, hence he debunked the very insinuation which you (among other slave-subjects of his) wish to push out. He ate by part of his words.

Wrong! grin

You’re giving an excuse/pleading that the reason why your Ọba didn’t talk about Ekaladerhan is because his visit has nothing to do with that.

This excuse/pleading doesn’t fly because while he was giving his submission, he brought up the Ife & Benin connection. You get the gist? wink

However, he literally cut out the fraudulent part about Ekaladerhan. Why couldn’t he say his truth? Your Ọba is neither FeArLeSs nor BrAve after-all — contrary to what you (and his other slave-subjects) love to think.
Yes, the purpose of your Ọba’s visit was more than appreciation.

You heard clearly in that Channels TV report that your Ọba “paid homage” at Ọrun-Ọba-Ado at Ife.

Your Ọba din’t pay any such homage when he visited Warri, Sokoto, etc. Or did he? cheesy grin Now that is the key difference between his Ife visit and his other visits.

A young girl who brought down decades of Benin lies?? Yup!

You should take your own advice. It is you who need such advice since you’re clearly having sleepless night.

Cheers.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 11:58pm On Feb 07, 2022
oswardic:
[s]I haven't had time to deal with your foolish unwise self until now, guess what? I won't further waste my time with someone who lacks wisdom, and someone that gathers knowledge from what earliest people wrote about just to argue with the custodians of their history. Girl, just don't feel too sad for the conquest and victories the Benin kingdom had all along so you don't die of hypertension too soon, you're still young. I would have asked you for further questions but I know you would lack wisdom to respond amicably....
I hope you will quote your hypeman soon so he can substitute you once you're out of content.[/s]
LMAO!

Now that I’ve exposed you as a cunning and deluded pathologic liar that you are, you’ve suddenly resorted to bitter rants, insults, and more lies.

Very typical of delusional Bini e-rats like yourself. grin

Anyway, your resort to your hot tears, as well as your vow to never come back is a crystal clear evidence of your realization that you’ve been exposed before all & sundry, and that your time is up.

And your further lies have already been debunked on this very thread, namely:

(1) How some recent audio-claims of Edo rulership of some Yorùbá towns in the Ondo, the Ekiti, & the Lagos areas have been debunked as uncorroborated and/or as late revisions.

(2) How the claim of Benin being an “empire” is shown to be an audio-claim that is not corroborated by any firsthand eyewitness report. None!

The only “empire” in the southern-Nigeria region (per firsthand eyewitness report) is Ọyọ.
And the indigenous Bini people have been conquered and subjugated by Ifẹ since the Ogiso era (from circa: 1000 CE) through the Ọba era (from circa: 1200 CE) till the present time, and forever by God’s grace, Amen!

Cheers.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by oswardic(m): 11:16pm On Feb 11, 2022
You would paint people black and claim your Yoruba kingdom that has no heritage conquered mighty kingdom like the Bini Kingdom when your Yoruba kingdom is scattered all around with no unity as your Ife could not unite the entirety of the Yoruba clan, can't blame you especially when your Oyo kingship claims the Ijebus are from Sudan and not same as you all. . more revelation would surface soon for divided people like you.

Meanwhile, it was never recorded that the almighty Bini Kingdom ever had war with the Yoruba as a people, how then would your weak Yoruba nation had even conquered a nation they never warred against?

Abeg, go and learn more lies and more degrading words to keep your counterparts abait as this one did not work...

Mtchew

TAO11:
LMAO!

Now that I’ve exposed you as a cunning and deluded pathologic liar that you are, you’ve suddenly resorted to bitter rants, insults, and more lies.

Anyway, your resort to your hot tears, as well as your vow to never come back is a crystal clear evidence of your realization that you’ve been exposed before all & sundry, and that your time is up.

(1) How some recent audio-claims of Edo rulership of some Yorùbá towns in the Ondo, the Ekiti, & the Lagos areas have been debunked as uncorroborated and/or as late revisions.

(2) How the claim of Benin being an “empire” is shown to be an audio-claim that is not corroborated by any firsthand eyewitness report. None!

The only “empire” in the southern-Nigeria region (per firsthand eyewitness report) is Ọyọ.
And the indigenous Bini people have been conquered and subjugated by Ifẹ since the Ogiso era (from circa: 1000 CE) through the Ọba era (from circa: 1200 CE) till the present time, and forever by God’s grace, Amen!

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 1:17am On Feb 12, 2022

This one vows to never return but keeps coming back for more heartbreaks. LMAO!

oswardic:
[s]You would paint people black and claim your Yoruba kingdom that has no heritage conquered mighty kingdom like the Bini Kingdom when your Yoruba kingdom is scattered all around with no unity as your Ife could not unite the entirety of the Yoruba clan, can't blame you especially when your Oyo kingship claims the Ijebus are from Sudan and not same as you all. . more revelation would surface soon for divided people like you.

Meanwhile, it was never recorded that the almighty Bini Kingdom ever had war with the Yoruba as a people, how then would your weak Yoruba nation had even conquered a nation they never warred against?

Abeg, go and learn more lies and more degrading words to keep your counterparts abait as this one did not work...

Mtchew[/s]
Remember you remain a joke if your rants are without evidence. The above heap of unsubstantiated rant is a joke.

BTW, Yorubas as a whole is too much to descend on Benin kingdom — that would be an abuse of power.

Only one Yoruba subgroup is sufficient. See examples in the attached screenshots below
References:

1st attachment:
H. M. Feinberg; Review of Ryder’s “Benin and the Europeans 1485-1897,” African Historical Studies, Vol. 4, No.2 (1971), pp.405-410. Published by Boston University African Studies Center.

2nd & 3rd attachments:
R. E. Bradbury; “The Benin Kingdom and the Edo-Speaking Peoples of South-Western Nigeria,” London, International African Institute, 1957.

Cheers.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Jameseddi1: 11:56am On Feb 12, 2022
Everything you posted was written from 19th century so why will I believe that how can someone from 19th century withnes what happened in history. Except the document European eyewitness there.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
Jameseddi1:
[s]Everything you posted was written from 19th century so why will I believe that how can someone from 19th century withnes what happened in history. Except the document European eyewitness there.[/s]

Use your “gregyboy” account, lol. Stop hiding.

The account of invasion, enslavement, destruction of Benin kingdom by Ibadan, Ilorin, Ileṣa (independently) are confessions made by the Edos themselves.

I’d like to assume that the Edos are not bastards, they
would not have lied against their own selves.

Or are Edos bastards? Just wondering.

Cheers

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by JohnSin97: 9:47pm On Feb 12, 2022
Rubbish.....I get am before nor be property. Your oba is currently a glorified LG chairman.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by AworiLagosian: 1:03pm On Feb 17, 2022
TAO11:

One who must educate a dullard must learn patience. I’d be patient with you. smiley

So, different old maps feature different names — and some of the old maps don’t even feature Benin at all.

Having said that, my point earlier was that the phrase Bight of Benin was chosen simply on the basis of who and who are the namers acquainted with.

And I cited the instance of the phrase “Guinea Forest” as same namers applied it to the vast stretch of the W/African forst region — including your Benin.

Doesn’t mean Guinea had some supremacy, nor does it mean that they owned Benin kingdom and beyond.

————
Back to the matter here, any name may appear in an old map as the cartographer deems it relevant for the specific purpose of creating the map.

The 1st attachment below shows an old map on which the name Benin appears. My highlight on same map also features Yorubaland with one of its old names — that is, Regna Olukumi or Yoruba kingdoms.

The second attachment below is an old map on which the name Benin is completely absent. However, same old map features Ọyọ with its old name Katunga. Same map also features Igbo with the spelling Eboe. No Benin on the map.

The 3rd attachment below is an old map on which th name Benin is completely absent. However, same old map feature the Kingdom of the Ọọni, viz. Regnum Ọɣọni in the older/archaic form.

NB: The sound ɣ is a voiced velar fricative, i.e., sound “gh”.

No where does any Ọba Lagos Eko mention that Aṣipa has a Bini parent, or that Ado (Aṣipa's son) has a Bini father.

Cheers.

Wonderfu grin

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by AworiLagosian: 1:06pm On Feb 17, 2022
TAO11:
LMAO!

Cheers.

LOL! This can induce hot bini tears o sis.

4 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by oswardic(m): 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
You always just talk with your ass and not Brain, provide the Benin people that said so.... So, you now believe what Benin say because you think they talk to your favour? Abeg shift!

TAO11:

Use your “gregyboy” account, lol. Stop hiding.

The account of invasion, enslavement, destruction of Benin kingdom by Ibadan, Ilorin, Ileṣa (independently) are confessions made by the Edos themselves.

I’d like to assume that the Edos are not bastards, they
would not have lied against their own selves.

Or are Edos bastards? Just wondering.

Cheers

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 11:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
oswardic:
[s]You always just talk with your ass and not Brain, provide the Benin people that said so.... So, you now believe what Benin say because you think they talk to your favour? Abeg shift![/s]
Oh shut your gutter ret@rd, and get some education.

The reference/screenshot provided already lists all the Edo groups who confessed to have been invaded and decimated by the Yorubas.

All you have to do is be bold enough to follow-up the reference and screenshots without having to shed too much tears.

And it is sensible to believe what people admit about their own humiliations, failures, embarrassments, etc. especially when such confessions has a multiplicity of attestation from those same people.

But not sensible to accept claims of conquering other people without any corroborating evidence from those other people.

But for some reasons, you Binis’ brains seem to have been turned upside-down, hence your insistence on reasoning upside-down.

9 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Jameseddi1: 3:23am On Feb 22, 2022
AworiLagosian:

Wonderfu grin

The one you said ft Oni was documented by who?

Don’t tell me it tunde.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Jameseddi1: 3:25am On Feb 22, 2022
Tao11 bring Tunde map to be deceiving his fellow Yorubas here lol
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 9:53pm On Feb 22, 2022
Jameseddi1:
[s]The one you said ft Oni was documented by who?
Don’t tell me it tunde.[/s]
Jameseddi1:
[s]Tao11 bring Tunde map to be deceiving his fellow Yorubas here lol[/s]

Get some education dullard. “Realm of Ọɣọnẹ” was the only relevant kingdom in the Nigeria region even in as recent as the year 1513.

The father of your “Ọmọ-n-ọba” is => Ọɣọnẹ => Ọwọnẹ => Ọwọni => Ọọni.
Cartographer: Martin Waldseemüller

Title: Tabula Moderna Prime Partis Aphricae

Publication Date: 1513

Cheers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Simbrixton(m): 10:34am On Feb 23, 2022
Jameseddi1:
Eletu Odibo is and Edo name and had nothing to do with Yoruba. his history and power in Eko.

The Eletu Odibo of Lagos is the traditional nobleman that has historically served as the principal kingmaker of the Oba of Lagos. As head of the Akarigbere class of chiefs, the Eletu Odibo also serves as the prime minister of the Oba of Eko.

History and how he go to Eko.
The Oba of Benin deployed a group of Benin officers along with his war captain, Ashipa, to preserve Benin's interests in Lagos affairs. The Eletu Odibo was the head of this group who accompanied Ashipa to Lagos.

Kingmaking role.
When the Ashongbon (Head War Chief) informs the Eletu Odibo about the vacancy of the Obaship, the Eletu verifies the vacancy by visiting Iga Idunganran, the royal palace. After confirmation, the Eletu returns to his sanctuary where he consults the Ifa Oracle with names of all of the eligible males from the Lagos Ruling Houses in order to receive a divine pronouncement. The Eletu and the Ashongbon then summon a meeting where the Obaship candidate is presented. Those who attend the presentation include: the Omo-Obas (the various royals), the Ibigas (slaves), White Cap Chiefs, War Chiefs, and representatives of communities that owe allegiance to the Oba of Lagos.

Kosoko's 1st Obaship bid frustrated by Eletu Odibo.
When Oba Osinlokun died in 1829, Kosoko's brother, Idewu Ojulari, became Oba and reigned from 1829 to around 1834/5. Idewu Ojulari's reign was unpopular, however, and at the behest of the Oba of Benin, to whom the people of Lagos had petitioned (Lagos was under Benin suzerainty up until the reigns of Oba Akitoye and Dosunmu, who rebuffed the payment of tribute to Benin),[4] Idewu Ojulari committed suicide. Since Kosoko was now unacceptable to Eletu Odibo, the Kingmakers invited the exiled Adele home from Badagry to rule as Oba of Lagos for a second term.

All this i posted are in history you can search them yourself I just posted it here because that Yoruba guy that think rewriting Eko history will help him in achieving his goal in life.

chief oloton chief edebiri and enogie of use family edigin are all of ife origin

Also chief bamawo

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Jameseddi1: 12:04am On Mar 04, 2022
TAO11:

Get some education dullard. “Realm of Ọɣọnẹ” was the only relevant kingdom in the Nigeria region even in as recent as the year 1513.

The father of your “Ọmọ-n-ọba” is => Ọɣọnẹ => Ọwọnẹ => Ọwọni => Ọọni.
Cartographer: Martin Waldseemüller

Title: Tabula Moderna Prime Partis Aphricae

Publication Date: 1513

Cheers.

Now what is your prove is a reference a Benin man reference to European in 15th century a Yoruba people painted as their own.

First European never visited Yoruba that era 15th century, now how did they found Yoruba there.

European visit Benin 15th century and Benin told them there is Oghene in the north now this suddenly become your Yoruba existence evidence which at the same time lies on Benin shoulders again.

2 how do you know the Benin were referring to Yoruba to the European Benin never make connections with the Ife that time but Igala this map might be Igala. And they never mentioned the name Ife but Oghene.

But still being the Igala or Ife still need Benin for recognition as the Benin was officially the recognized kingdoms in that region so anything they said can be documented.

A Benin recognition place is what you are proud of it a shame.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 5:00am On Mar 04, 2022
Jameseddi1:
[s]Now what is your prove is a reference a Benin man reference to European in 15th century a Yoruba people painted as their own.

First European never visited Yoruba that era 15th century, now how did they found Yoruba there.

European visit Benin 15th century and Benin told them there is Oghene in the north now this suddenly become your Yoruba existence evidence which at the same time lies on Benin shoulders again.

2 how do you know the Benin were referring to Yoruba to the European Benin never make connections with the Ife that time but Igala this map might be Igala. And they never mentioned the name Ife but Oghene.

But still being the Igala or Ife still need Benin for recognition as the Benin was officially the recognized kingdoms in that region so anything they said can be documented.

A Benin recognition place is what you are proud of it a shame.[/s]
That’s the whole point dummy. grin

Martin Waldseemüller and the other Europeans in the 1500s are not magicians to have known by themselves that the Ọɣọ̀nẹ (Ọọ̀ni) is the greatest.

The Europeans, of course, must have gotten that from the native peoples at/near the Atlantic coast.

And these natives are the Èkós, the Ijebus, the Oǹdos, the Itsekiris, the Binis, et al.

In sum, your fathers/mothers of old admitted without shame that the Ọɣọ̀nẹ (Ọọ̀ni) is light years greater than than your “Ọmọ-n-ọba”.

Why don’t you do the same as your fathers/mothers?

Cheers.

I’m not aware of any history (be it Igala history or Bini history) which says that Igala kings are the masters & overlords of Benin kings. cheesy

I’m seriously interested in such history if you know of such. I need such history to mock your people. Please help me. Thanks. grin

Cheers.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Jameseddi1: 11:10am On Mar 04, 2022
TAO11:
That’s the whole point dummy. grin

Martin Waldseemüller and the other Europeans in the 1500s are not magicians to have known by themselves that the Ọɣọ̀nẹ (Ọọ̀ni) is the greatest.

The Europeans, of course, must have gotten that from the native peoples at/near the Atlantic coast.

And these natives are the Èkós, the Ijebus, the Oǹdos, the Itsekiris, the Binis, et al.

In sum, your fathers/mothers of old admitted without shame that the Ọɣọ̀nẹ (Ọọ̀ni) is light years greater than than your “Ọmọ-n-ọba”.

Why don’t you do the same as your fathers/mothers?

Cheers.

I’m not aware of any history (be it Igala history or Bini history) which says that Igala kings are the masters & overlords of Benin kings. cheesy

I’m seriously interested in such history if you know of such. I need such history to mock your people. Please help me. Thanks. grin

Cheers.

Which vars say it was ijebu they visited. Stop lying at that time European trust a Benin chiefs words more than ijebu king. Benin was the most civilized kingdom so they trust their world even without a properly verification. This show Benin actually colonized Yoruba if European have to trust Benin narrative in 15th century better than them visiting the so called Oghene.

You are proud of a Benin colony a place a Benin man named to the European is what you are proud of. Yoruba was so unrecognized that European need a well recognized Benin to verify their existence. And this is what you are proud of.

Oghene is old Benin word that means lord used by Urhobo today.

And you keep posting it every where lol you are very funny so Benin is what Yoruba history lies on before 19th century so if Benin didn’t talk to European about this a map like this won’t have come about.

Let me educate you more about a well recognized kindom then that other kindom need their verification to prove their existence.

During the time of Oba esigie in 15th century his elder brother who supposed to be the king was a giant lord he went north of Benin udo he might be it was Igala then as he was a giant and a supposed king they might see him as lord, this era was still the era Igala first dynasty was found which Igala claim came from Benin kingdom.

The Benin know aruan as lord to his younger brother esigie and should have be the king instead of esigie. So if they say they have lord in the north they might be referring to the giant Aruan in udo or king in Igala established by the Benin kingdom.

But still this all was verified by the Benin’s in 15th century not the unrecognized Yoruba.

so keep being proud of Benin verification it prove some point Benin colonized you, Benin was most recognized source most recognized kingdom in south Nigeria for the world at that time.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Simbrixton(m): 11:17am On Mar 04, 2022
Jameseddi1:

Which vars say it was ijebu they visited. Stop lying at that time European trust a Benin chiefs words more than ijebu king. Benin was the most civilized kingdom so they trust their world even without a properly verification. This show Benin actually colonized Yoruba if European have to trust Benin narrative in 15th century better than them visiting the so called Oghene.

You are proud of a Benin colony a place a Benin man named to the European is what you are proud of. Yoruba was so unrecognized that European need a well recognized Benin to verify their existence. And this is what you are proud of.

And you keep posting it every where lol you are very funny so Benin is what Yoruba history lies on before 19th century so if Benin didn’t talk to European about this a map like this won’t have come about.

Let me educate you more about a well recognized kindom then that other kindom need their verification to prove their existence.

During the time of Oba esigie in 15th century his elder brother who supposed to be the king was a giant lord he went north of Benin udo he might be it was Igala then as he was a giant and a supposed king they might see him as lord, this era was still the era Igala first dynasty was found which Igala claim came from Benin kingdom.

The Benin know aruan as lord to his younger brother esigie and should have be the king instead of esigie. So if they say they have lord in the north they might be referring to the giant Aruan in udo or king in Igala established by the Benin kingdom.

But still this all was verified by the Benin’s in 15th century not the unrecognized Yoruba.

so keep being proud of Benin verification it prove some point Benin colonized you, Benin was most recognized source most recognized kingdom in south Nigeria for the world at that time.
unfortunately dere is a ukoluhe guild who send messages to ile ife courts

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Jameseddi1: 11:19am On Mar 04, 2022
So the only Yoruba map in the world in history was documented by Benin this is what you have be posting everywhere in the internet being proud of the colony of Benin.

Proud that Benin colonized you now you have concluded that Benin civilize yoruba if Yoruba first map in the world was documented by Benin explorer this means Benin colonized Yoruba just as European colonize Nigeria
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Jameseddi1: 11:24am On Mar 04, 2022
Simbrixton:
unfortunately dere is a ukoluhe guild who send messages to ile ife courts

Wich year I guess from 19th century when they are trying to establish a connection with Yoruba
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Simbrixton(m): 11:28am On Mar 04, 2022
Jameseddi1:

Wich year I guess from 19th century when they are trying to establish a connection with Yoruba
lol go and read d works of Talbot
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 4:21pm On Mar 04, 2022
Jameseddi1:
[s]Which vars say it was ijebu they visited. Stop lying at that time European trust a Benin chiefs words more than ijebu king. Benin was the most civilized kingdom so they trust their world even without a properly verification. This show Benin actually colonized Yoruba if European have to trust Benin narrative in 15th century better than them visiting the so called Oghene.

so keep being proud of Benin verification it prove some point Benin colonized you, Benin was most recognized source most recognized kingdom in south Nigeria for the world at that time.[/s]
Yes the Europeans visited Lagos before Benin in the 1470s.

Yes the Europeans (Portuguese) visited Ijebu also in the 1480s.

Yes Benin traditions admit that the Europeans came to Itsekiri before Binis came begging to be visited too.

All in all, thank you for admitting that even your Benin kingdom admitted to the Europeans that the Ọɣọ̀nẹ (Ọọ̀ni) is the only relevant monarchy in the region of Nigeria in the 1500s and even prior.

See the 1st attachment

See the 2nd attachment for the Bini word “Ọɣẹnẹ”, it’s meanings, and its origin. cheesy

Kisses kiss

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Jameseddi1: 8:21pm On Mar 04, 2022
TAO11:

Yes the Europeans visited Lagos before Benin in the 1470s.

Yes the Europeans (Portuguese) visited Ijebu also in the 1480s.

Yes Benin traditions admit that the Europeans came to Itsekiri before Binis came begging to be visited too.

All in all, thank you for admitting that even your Benin kingdom admitted to the Europeans that the Ọɣọ̀nẹ (Ọọ̀ni) is the only relevant monarchy in the region of Nigeria in the 1500s and even prior.

See the 1st attachment

See the 2nd attachment for the Bini word “Ọɣẹnẹ”, it’s meanings, and its origin. cheesy

Kisses kiss

Contact with the Portuguese
Ewuare was the Oba of the Benin empire when the Portuguese explorer Ruy de Sequeira arrived in 1472. It is unclear whether he went into the city, but contacts between the Portuguese and the Oba were initiated.

Ewuare is also the first king that come incontact with European.

The Lagos you said they visited was geographically named Benin Lagos was just one of the few cities of Benin then.

Portuguese arrived a geographical Benin slave cost and was directed to the ruler of that geographical kingdom same year Oba Ewuare.

Itshekiri was still geographically Benin that time you can verify by checking the map European came and they also direct them to their king who lives in the city (Benin city) same time.

All this place you mentioned were Benin territory that time it was geographically proven by the European.

2 Benin kings are the lords European seen and make agreements with to start trading in all this geographical places. Lagos don’t even have king this period.

Now you went to bring a Yoruba write up to prove benin was calling oni Oghene.

In south Nigeria
We both agreed that European/ the world verified that Benin was officially geographically kingdom then.

We both also agreed now that Benin verified that Yoruba/Ife was also a kingdom in the north west.

Now you see the level: Benin civilized Yoruba European civized Benin no wonder they were lot of explore of the Benin in all Yoruba west before the exploration of the European to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Similarity Between Bini And Igbo / Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief / Ethnic Groups in Nigeria, Less Than 40

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.