Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,809 members, 7,851,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:18 AM

There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan (17049 Views)

How To De Congest Lagos / Senators From The South Back Buhari On Inclusion Lag-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget / Imsg Set Committee To De-congest Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Calculia: 11:02pm On May 19, 2011
All this talk of industrialisation in the southeast, jonathan should be careful not to destroy the natural habitant. Industries and industrial estates should be set up in Aba were provisions have been made, whilst onitsha needs a make over for businesses and commerce, with more bridges leading to and from delta(asaba)

We still need our green areas at least to help soak up carbondioxide and give out oxygen
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 11:25pm On May 19, 2011
chino11:

^^^^^^^ I think this guy is mentally debased. Why are you jubilating over a white elephant project that will never be completed nor operational in the next 500yrs, why rejoice over a project that will not affect the deepest level of poverty ravaging the entire southwest I think you guys, I mean rascal are in for a misplaced priority. An average yorobaman lives in a mud house somewhere in abokuta, somewhere in eketi kete with malnurished food. I think your rascal leaders are merely deceiving you guys, they know that such projects will never ever be viable without an Igboman's input. Already Igbos are heading east to use Onitsha port which most viable. Its a total illusion for you guys because yorobamen does not know anything about import/export. Your rascal rulers should focus attention on cassava and cocoa plantation. period.

I wonder why you keep repeating the same dum.b nonsense.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by emmatok(m): 11:48pm On May 19, 2011
chino11:

^^^^^^^ I think this guy is mentally debased. Why are you jubilating over a white elephant project that will never be completed nor operational in the next 500yrs, why rejoice over a project that will not affect the deepest level of poverty ravaging the entire southwest I think you guys, I mean rascal are in for a misplaced priority. An average yorobaman lives in a mud house somewhere in abokuta, somewhere in eketi kete with malnurished food. I think your rascal leaders are merely deceiving you guys, they know that such projects will never ever be viable without an Igboman's input. Already Igbos are heading east to use Onitsha port which most viable. Its a total illusion for you guys because yorobamen does not know anything about import/export. Your rascal rulers should focus attention on cassava and cocoa plantation. period.

My friend just STFU you are so blinded by your tribal sentiment to the extent that you no more reason properly.

Weather  it is the SE,SE,SW, N, e.t.c it is all about National growth and development.

There is no local government in NIGERIA you will not find an Igbo,Yoruba or Hausa man.

Just keep your Bigotry in your pocket.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by lastpage: 2:29am On May 20, 2011
@Eko Ile: Please tone down your language. I understand that you could have been miffed by the claims of some of your brothers that "Igbos developed Lagos". You did not agree with that position and that is your prerogative, as anyone else but lets keep it civil, at least for the sake of maturity and public decorum (I am not admonishing you in any way,.,.,. as you would soon find out. wink

First,let me say there is nothing wrong in "hoping" and "celebrating" in a nation where "good news" comes once in a blue moon!
Lets just hope it not an "empty, political promise".

I am Yoruba (Not Yorobo or Yurabo as some have mis-written! grin )
Some Igbos have been very livid at the comments by some none Igbo.
Some of those comments are actually very "unfriendly" but one of them, l find not just unfriendly BUT TRUTHFUL AND CHALLENGING!

I will enjoin my Igbo brothers to "meditate and reflect" on such comment, as l will quote below.
You may dislike the "commentator" but l besiege you to ignore him and "focus" on the comment itself.
Dont worry, l have no interest in taking sides, even though l am "Yorobo"  as some like to say! grin

When someone insults you and says you cant do something, dont get annoyed, JUST PROVE THEM WRONG and le your actions speak for you. These are words of my Grandparent that l still remember till today and l say same to my own kids.

Serious mode=

Are you people for real about this crappy random speech?

Abeg let's get serious here. How do you develop a region/Country? Don't you need plans, studies and road maps to follow?

The fact is GEJ can not do anything for anybody, maybe one or 2 pacifiers like one university here and some other federal project there, that's all he can do. For Nigeria or any part of Nigeria to see serious development, there's got to be a Marshall Plan with credible and non corrupt people from our business community, our universities to dedicated and hands on presidential officials with presidential mandate to get things done.

Nearly all the federal official in Abuja including GEJ's ministers are not interested in anything beyond attention to their pockets. We need serious soul searching and national re orientation by honest leaders, leaders that are definitely not what we have today

Abeg let's get real.
The above, as unpalatable as it sounds, could actually be true.
Anyone that knows "Poli-trick-cians, especially those from PDP, will take their words with a pinch of salt but l hope GEJ proves us all wrong.

I just don't get why ibo people just cannot
start developing their own communities like many states in Nigeria are doing, it's like they need the federal government for everything,

You claim you are business savvy, but your business acumen means nothing if it can not in any way transform your communities.

Are your business folks getting together to build airports, sea ports, trade zones, refineries? No. You need the federal government to spoon feed you everyday thing. It's like the east is void of people with vision and foresight,
but they'll beat chest everyday that they are the smartest people in Nigeria, they are jews, they are japan of Africa, the alpha and omega of every thing, but they still have to beg and crawl on the ground for everything. I just don't get it.

Kaduna is building a new city from scratch, Ogun and Ondo are building new ultra modern sea port, refineries, trade zones, Lagos is moving fast ahead as if the federal government doesn't even exist, but you have ibo people sitting on their hands waiting to be spoon fed like a day old baby.

ibo leaders are the most useless leaders in Nigeria, they suk politically, they lack vision, they are not proactive, they've brainwashed ibo people that nothing including their incompetency is not their fault and fingers must be pointed elsewhere outside their borders, it's like they are not responsible for anything, a sad and sorry situation that the general ibo public bought into, including their so called leaders of tomorrow sitting here on NL.

I wonder when you are going to sit up and ask yourself who is responsible for your destiny
I have highlighted "areas" that l think every Igbo man needs to focus on, in that statement (minus the parts typed in anger!)

Truth is always bitter my brother. Self preservation is the first law on earth!
No one will come and develop Igboland for Igbos, EXCEPT Igbos themselves commit themselves to it. HOW?

1.) Instead of pouring their wealth into Lagos, why not come together and solve the challenges faced in Igboland such that it can become business viable, like Lagos? Its funny if one leaves one's home and develops a neighbors compound, just because "property commands more value" in that neighbors compound! Igbos are very hard-working people but must set their priorities right.

Profit is good but at times, "sacrifice for the good of the land" is even better. WHat exactly is it that makes Lagos more attractive to an Igbo person, that he would forgo/forsake his own land?Someone rightly observed that "even though most Yoruba people in Igboland are professionals like Bankers, oil workers, averagely comfortable people but they dont build their mansions in Igboland (they Rent always!) but build it in the South West or Lagos, to be specific! WHY
Reason is they place a bigger emphasis on their land of origin, than wherever they find themselves. 
Again, the value of a place is directly proportional to the level of social infrastructures there-in. The more houses/business you locate in a place, the more valuable it becomes.
Take Ogun State for example, land and business are locating there and it is gradually appreciating in value (from Alakuko/Sango Junction is Ogun state, up to lower Iju water works area) not because the FG said so but because the state itself is doing everything possible to welcome business and people! With all the companies in Sango, with all the new houses springing up there, with the number of people working in Lagos and building there due to cheaper land (compared to Lagos), with time, Ogun state will compare very well with Lagos.
Now the state Government (Ogun people) are building seaports, airports, power stations, e.t.c just to attract more people and investment to their state. Thisis how to "grow" your state! Mind you, it is not the "Hausa" people that are funding these projects neither is it the FG! It is th epeople of Ogun. Same goes for practically all the S.Western states.

Now, can the Igbo states adopt the same method?  YES.
The Governors of the Eastern state can come together and fund big projects that will attract people and business to the East. They can build power projects, Rail system, Business Parks, standard educational institutions such that no Alaigbo will want to school in Lagos or do an MBA at Unilag (Imagine how much will be saved by this alone?)

Ask yourself: Why is the Igbo person interested in Lagos? Its not because they are charitable or dont know its a "foreign location" (if l may say that)! Its because, as someone has pointed out, it provides the best "opportunity and value" for life and investment. Simple.

We are all Capitalist and Coys have relocated from Lagos to Accra, when the power situation and tax regime in Lagos became "unfriendly" to business owners. FI and when the East becomes "friendly" to business, no one will teach the "Yoruba man" to relocate his business to Aba or Enugu. Its simple logic.

Then, the question as pointed out by that "troublesome"  grin Eko-Ile is that:
1.)What are the Igbo leaders doing to make their part of the country "the bride of business and people"?
How have Igbo Governors developed the East, in the last  12years? Can you compare what Fashola has done/ is doing in Lagos, to what is done in any Eastern state? Imagine Lagos with Light Rail, its own stable power system, FTZ, fine-roads and so on, why would everyone not come to "bury" their money in Lagos, instead of Aba?

All l am saying is, dont take it "badly" (those criticisms and seeming insult), TAKE IT ON THE CHIN and CHANGE THE STATUS QUO.

The Igbo sons and daughters must commit more (if not all) of their resources into Igboland, to develop it and make it "desirable" instead of buying up the whole of Lagos and trying to lay claim to Lagos. What is not yours a-prori, can NEVER be yours, no matter the level of resources you pump-in, at best, YOU ARE AN "INVESTOR". Chikenna!

Same reason those "Yoruba bankers" in Onitsha "rent" rather than buy and build houses over there!
Sorry, its appalling but it is true!

BTW: I am not in anyway qualified to "advise" the Ndigbo community (I am too small to even dream of that) but as a "people" i appreciate and love, l think at times, it takes "an outsider" to really put things in perspective for us, a kind of mirror to see ourselves through!
If this annoys you, just ignore it and move on, it was written in good faith.
Cheers,
Lastpage.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by aljharem3: 3:45am On May 20, 2011
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lagos lago lagos

lastpage i hope they understand
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by kodewrita(m): 7:48am On May 20, 2011
Its pretty easy to point fingers at the non-Lagos SW areas because it is so easy to gather data there.

The southwest is probably the most surveyed portion of nigeria in virtually all areas.

Many more papers have been published on various aspects of life in the southwest than in other areas (i assume).

That gives you guys the excuse to point fingers and make spurious statements.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by lastpage: 2:02am On May 21, 2011
@alj harem
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lagos lago lagos

lastpage i hope they understand

I would not refer to "them" in such patronizing tone!
Mind yourself!

A'jegbi odo, t'on w'eni kun'ra!
wink wink grin
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by DeepSight(m): 8:34am On May 21, 2011
Quote from Ekt Bear #314 on: May 19, 2011, 11:11 AM »

@Deep Sight: So Lagos Port did not come into existence before independence? Why is anyone claiming they "built" an entirely economically self-sustaining entity that predated Nigeria?

It wasn't as if they met virgin bush somewhere and built it from scratch into a major port. It generated a lot of cash since it was colonized by the Brits. . .

If anything, the port has subsidized Nigeria, rather than vice versa.

You really need to stop and take a deep breath. The port has subsidized Nigeria. Wow. Just take a deep breath. What was the structure at the port of Lagos like at independence? What has it become like? Secondly what portion of Nigeria's income comes from the port? Less than 10%. The plain truth which only deluded folk will continue to deny is that Nigeria has been financed by one factor and one factor only since 1970 - crude oil.

Now, Lagos has been the federal capital for much of our history and has been developed as such. It is thus presumptuous for any one to say of Lagos or the Lagos Port - "our ". . . . . That is just unthinking tribal divisiveness. It also smacks of a most ungrateful unwillingness to acknowledge the massive contributions of other regions to infrastructural developments, as the source of crude oil, the goose that lays the golden egg in Nigeria. There is no need for that level of divisiveness.

If we follow your reasoning, Abuja belongs to the Gwaris. That is just delusion. It is a federal city today, and that is the reality. Ditto with Lagos. It is, and has always been, the melting pot of Nigeria, and has been developed by NIGERIAN resources as such.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by dempeople(m): 10:58am On May 21, 2011
[size=15pt]Make una fashi this thread nah. E don do. E be like say I no suppose create this thread.[/size]
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by agabaI23(m): 12:38pm On May 21, 2011
There is nothing wrong in your creation of the thread but there is everything wrong in your misleading title which is the cause of the trouble in the thread.
dem_people:

[size=15pt]Make una fashi this thread nah. E don do. E be like say I no suppose create this thread.[/size]
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by aljharem3: 12:42pm On May 21, 2011
dem_people:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by chino11(m): 12:49pm On May 21, 2011
lastpage:

@Eko Ile: Please tone down your language. I understand that you could have been miffed by the claims of some of your brothers that "Igbos developed Lagos". You did not agree with that position and that is your prerogative, as anyone else but lets keep it civil, at least for the sake of maturity and public decorum (I am not admonishing you in any way,.,.,. as you would soon find out. wink

First,let me say there is nothing wrong in "hoping" and "celebrating" in a nation where "good news" comes once in a blue moon!
Lets just hope it not an "empty, political promise".

I am Yoruba (Not Yorobo or Yurabo as some have mis-written! grin )
Some Igbos have been very livid at the comments by some none Igbo.
Some of those comments are actually very "unfriendly" but one of them, l find not just unfriendly BUT TRUTHFUL AND CHALLENGING!

I will enjoin my Igbo brothers to "meditate and reflect" on such comment, as l will quote below.
You may dislike the "commentator" but l besiege you to ignore him and "focus" on the comment itself.
Dont worry, l have no interest in taking sides, even though l am "Yorobo"  as some like to say! grin

When someone insults you and says you cant do something, dont get annoyed, JUST PROVE THEM WRONG and le your actions speak for you. These are words of my Grandparent that l still remember till today and l say same to my own kids.
The above, as unpalatable as it sounds, could actually be true.
Anyone that knows "Poli-trick-cians, especially those from PDP, will take their words with a pinch of salt but l hope GEJ proves us all wrong.

I have highlighted "areas" that l think every Igbo man needs to focus on, in that statement (minus the parts typed in anger!)

Truth is always bitter my brother. Self preservation is the first law on earth!
No one will come and develop Igboland for Igbos, EXCEPT Igbos themselves commit themselves to it. HOW?

1.) Instead of pouring their wealth into Lagos, why not come together and solve the challenges faced in Igboland such that it can become business viable, like Lagos? Its funny if one leaves one's home and develops a neighbors compound, just because "property commands more value" in that neighbors compound! Igbos are very hard-working people but must set their priorities right.

Profit is good but at times, "sacrifice for the good of the land" is even better. WHat exactly is it that makes Lagos more attractive to an Igbo person, that he would forgo/forsake his own land?Someone rightly observed that "even though most Yoruba people in Igboland are professionals like Bankers, oil workers, averagely comfortable people but they dont build their mansions in Igboland (they Rent always!) but build it in the South West or Lagos, to be specific! WHY
Reason is they place a bigger emphasis on their land of origin, than wherever they find themselves. 
Again, the value of a place is directly proportional to the level of social infrastructures there-in. The more houses/business you locate in a place, the more valuable it becomes.
Take Ogun State for example, land and business are locating there and it is gradually appreciating in value (from Alakuko/Sango Junction is Ogun state, up to lower Iju water works area) not because the FG said so but because the state itself is doing everything possible to welcome business and people! With all the companies in Sango, with all the new houses springing up there, with the number of people working in Lagos and building there due to cheaper land (compared to Lagos), with time, Ogun state will compare very well with Lagos.
Now the state Government (Ogun people) are building seaports, airports, power stations, e.t.c just to attract more people and investment to their state. Thisis how to "grow" your state! Mind you, it is not the "Hausa" people that are funding these projects neither is it the FG! It is th epeople of Ogun. Same goes for practically all the S.Western states.

Now, can the Igbo states adopt the same method?  YES.
The Governors of the Eastern state can come together and fund big projects that will attract people and business to the East. They can build power projects, Rail system, Business Parks, standard educational institutions such that no Alaigbo will want to school in Lagos or do an MBA at Unilag (Imagine how much will be saved by this alone?)

Ask yourself: Why is the Igbo person interested in Lagos? Its not because they are charitable or dont know its a "foreign location" (if l may say that)! Its because, as someone has pointed out, it provides the best "opportunity and value" for life and investment. Simple.

We are all Capitalist and Coys have relocated from Lagos to Accra, when the power situation and tax regime in Lagos became "unfriendly" to business owners. FI and when the East becomes "friendly" to business, no one will teach the "Yoruba man" to relocate his business to Aba or Enugu. Its simple logic.

Then, the question as pointed out by that "troublesome"  grin Eko-Ile is that:
1.)What are the Igbo leaders doing to make their part of the country "the bride of business and people"?
How have Igbo Governors developed the East, in the last  12years? Can you compare what Fashola has done/ is doing in Lagos, to what is done in any Eastern state? Imagine Lagos with Light Rail, its own stable power system, FTZ, fine-roads and so on, why would everyone not come to "bury" their money in Lagos, instead of Aba?

All l am saying is, dont take it "badly" (those criticisms and seeming insult), TAKE IT ON THE CHIN and CHANGE THE STATUS QUO.

The Igbo sons and daughters must commit more (if not all) of their resources into Igboland, to develop it and make it "desirable" instead of buying up the whole of Lagos and trying to lay claim to Lagos. What is not yours a-prori, can NEVER be yours, no matter the level of resources you pump-in, at best, YOU ARE AN "INVESTOR". Chikenna!

Same reason those "Yoruba bankers" in Onitsha "rent" rather than buy and build houses over there!
Sorry, its appalling but it is true!

BTW: I am not in anyway qualified to "advise" the Ndigbo community (I am too small to even dream of that) but as a "people" i appreciate and love, l think at times, it takes "an outsider" to really put things in perspective for us, a kind of mirror to see ourselves through!
If this annoys you, just ignore it and move on, it was written in good faith.
Cheers,
Lastpage.

I think you are talking in a baseless and wild wild west manner. We don't even want you dirty pigs to buy any land in Onitsha because we don't like you people to be live in our place. Hahahha. I can't even imagine an Igboman selling his land some Yorubas. Its unimaginable. lol , but its true. We don't have problem of development, we are already way far ahead of you guys. The least developed state in the SE is far ahead of all the southwest states put together (oson, oyo, ondo, ogun, eketi). So you save those ill advice for your dirty folks, area boys.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by dempeople(m): 12:51pm On May 21, 2011
agabaI23:

There is nothing wrong in your creation of the thread but there is everything wrong in your misleading title which is the cause of the trouble in the thread.

I disagree. What in the title must have led some posters to act negatively? The fact that GEJ said other regions were to be developed to decongest Lagos? It isn't hard to think that SE was one of the regions he was talking about or isn't it? That was expert journalistic editing and reporting here mennnnnn!

The title never misled some posters to start the warfare. It was really their own prejudice that's at play and nothing else.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by agabaI23(m): 12:57pm On May 21, 2011
dem_people:

I disagree. What in the title must have led some posters to act negatively?

The title never misled some posters to start the warfare. It was really their own prejudice that's at play and nothing else.

This is your title.
There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan

The phrase 'and industrialise the South east' is no where in the article you posted. You however chose to include it to fan the embers of tribal war and that is what you have got.

You were talking about lagos (Yoruba land) and the South east (Igbo land) and you very well aware of the animosity between certain elements of each group  in here.

Why did you choose to name the South east instead of any other region?
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by dempeople(m): 1:10pm On May 21, 2011
agabaI23:

This is your title.
There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan

The phrase 'and industrialise the South east' is no where in the article you posted. You however chose to include it to fan the embers of tribal war and that is what you have got.

You were talking about lagos (Yoruba land) and the South east (Igbo land) and you very well aware of the animosity between certain elements of each group  in here.

Why did you choose to name the South east instead of any other region?

Guy, enough of this. Don't say(write) what you don't know. I DON'T ENGAGE IN TRIBAL WARS NEITHER DO I FAN THE EMBERS OF TRIBAL WAR. Please go through my posts if u would. I'm not that sort of person who derives joy in tribal bashing.

Yes, I edited the title of the article on NL, as many posters do and never had any inclination of the animosity that has brewed up here. I did this out of hope for the development of the S.E and nothing more.

Its really a shame you thought I purposely edited the title just for some negative comments.

How SICK!  angry angry angry
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by lastpage: 4:25am On May 22, 2011
Anyway, l think the thread has seen enough "hot smoke" and we should all come together and give it a befitting burial! grin

Am NOT looking forward to those "Toronto Coaches" at all, they are sad reminders of the Nigerian Railway!
Light Rail will actually change the face of Lagos completely!
Especially "end of the road" to those Molue around Agege Area! grin grin
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 4:48am On May 22, 2011
dem_people:

Guy, enough of this. Don't say(write) what you don't know. I DON'T ENGAGE IN TRIBAL WARS NEITHER DO I FAN THE EMBERS OF TRIBAL WAR. Please go through my posts if u would. I'm not that sort of person who derives joy in tribal bashing.

Yes, I edited the title of the article on NL, as many posters do and never had any inclination of the animosity that has brewed up here. I did this out of hope for the development of the S.E and nothing more.

Its really a shame you thought I purposely edited the title just for some negative comments.

How SICK!  angry angry angry

Why did you do it? Just why?

That's called lying, dishonesty, deception and deciet. You didn't have to do all that.

Why do what other people do Mr follow follow? Must you steal because other people steal?

Like the poster above mine said, you got what you asked for.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by dempeople(m): 6:13am On May 22, 2011
^^^^^^

I'll not join issues with you however much you try!

I understand you're indeed looking for a confrontation with me but its not gonna happen. If you have common sense, you'll understand that at no time did I ever create this thread for any negative comments but really for a discussion of regional development specifically concerning the SE.

I've also been an ardent supporter of socio-political and infrastructural developments in other regions, my comments about SW notwithstanding.

You've been on my back for a while but I haven't really got your time. Try and articulate my post once more so as to have a firm grasp of the grammar.

Try and engage with the posters you normally have catfights with. We can kick it but it isn't my way. Take a rest. Trust me, I'm way past your game.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 7:11am On May 22, 2011
dem_people:

^^^^^^

I'll not join issues with you however much you try!

I understand you're indeed looking for a confrontation with me but its not gonna happen. If you have common sense, you'll understand that at no time did I ever create this thread for any negative comments but really for a discussion of regional development specifically concerning the SE.

I've also been an ardent supporter of socio-political and infrastructural developments in other regions, my comments about SW notwithstanding.

You've been on my back for a while but I haven't really got your time. Try and articulate my post once more so as to have a firm grasp of the grammar.

Try and engage with the posters you normally have catfights with. We can kick it but it isn't my way. Take a rest. Trust me, I'm way past your game.

Are you for real? You are negative and your thread is negative,. You created a thread with lies and deception and the title is negative. You are really a negative. You really need to apologize for that you crated with your lies and deceptions, not running your mouth like a freeling victim.

Thou shall not lie or bare false withness.

Abeg repent,
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by wedee1(m): 8:19am On May 22, 2011
Eko Ile:

Are you for real? You are negative and your thread is negative,. You created a thread with lies and deception and the title is negative. You are really a negative. You really need to apologize for that you crated with your lies and deceptions, not running your mouth like a freeling victim.

Thou shall not lie or bare false withness.

Abeg repent,

Guy kool down and stop all these your rantings. I don't think d poster meant it the way u are construing it. i believe he wanted to talk more about the south east. i initially thought that him, ezeuche and d rest, make up top tribalists on dis forum but i was wrong about him particularly. d guy is a very cool and matured dude. he doesn't join in tribalistic rantings on NL, as i've noticed. 

meanwhile, i have noticed that u are always negative about anything igbo. its not nice. try and be much more matured in your posts.

and i'm not igbo but partly yoruba. chill.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by houvest: 9:00am On May 22, 2011
@ dem people. I do enjoy your posts and identify with your sentiments in the OP but to irredentists, it will afford them the opportunity of labelling you as mischievious and deceptive and engage in their stock in trade. It might be best to maintain your intellectual purism by modifying the title indicating that it is a paraphrase of a quote and not a direct quote.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by AndreUweh(m): 10:27am On May 22, 2011
@The OP, please be careful when starting threads here. There are people always waiting in the wings to bounce on anything Igbo or South-east.
Your intentions may be honest, but how about others?.
You may be a very careful vehicle driver, how about other drivers on the road?. Out there on the road, remember, there are the drunken drivers, not well-trained and blind drivers as well. This applies to nairaland.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by chaldook1: 12:03pm On May 22, 2011
Look, look, look!!!!, fellow nairaland friends, from the article, you will understanding that, he was talking about Nigeria as a whole, not southeast, i am an igbo boy, from mbaie in imo state, logically, it is not only the south-east that needs development, some states of the north-west and north-east need development too, if not more serious than that of the south-east, see, Nigeria, as a whole needs development, not south-east along, so fellow igbo people like me, should not mis-understand gej as only developing the igbo region, and lastly, i will like to urge the person that posted these topic, to be more accurate in his/her news postings, because reading the topic/headlines of the article, would having easily suggested to any reader glancing through, that gej, only meant the south-east, NOTE jonathan, our country's president, is doing these as one of his many ways to unite these great ethnically diverse country called Nigeria.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 12:10pm On May 22, 2011
Andre Uweh:

@The OP, please be careful when starting threads here. There are people always waiting in the wings to bounce on anything Igbo or South-east.
Your intentions may be honest, but how about others?.
You may be a very careful vehicle driver, how about other drivers on the road?. Out there on the road, remember, there are the drunken drivers, not well-trained and blind drivers as well. This applies to nairaland.

I'm not surprised, you are all liars and you encourage each other to lie and the end of the day, you play victim and point fingers at other people, never your own dum.b acts.

Sometimes I do feel sorry for you people.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ak47mann(m): 3:36pm On May 22, 2011
Eko Ile:

I'm not surprised, you are all liars and you encourage each other to lie and the end of the day, you play victim and point fingers at other people, never your own dum.b acts.

Sometimes I do feel sorry for you people.
feel sorry for yourself buddy cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Aregbesola Receives UNIOSUN Medical Doctor Graduates From Ukraine / President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats / Security Tips -for Forth Coming Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.