Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,669 members, 7,851,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:16 PM

There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan (17047 Views)

How To De Congest Lagos / Senators From The South Back Buhari On Inclusion Lag-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget / Imsg Set Committee To De-congest Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 8:11am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

Well, just wanted you to know that Igbos played a big part in building Lagos state. I don't know the rate of real estate investments by Igbos, but from my judgement, they are of great deal. I alone have homes and few ware houses in Lagos state. In Banana iseland, where my last investment is, Igbos own majority of the lands there. I also know some areas where Igbos have bought up most lands in Lagos state. So, I feel Igbos invest pretty much in Lagos state.

That being said, Lagos is way more attractive than most Northern, SW and SE states. So, I expect that people that are asking why Igbos don't invest in SE should ask why Yorubas from Ondo, Ekiti, Osun, Oyo etc don't do same in their states.
It is about strategic importance and attractiveness of a place. Lagos have built a reputation as an important investment point, so the huge investment by Nigerians should not be a basis of asking questions about why they don't invest in their home states.

The bit in red is where the Lagos wannabe fool you are talking to is from. He doesn't even talk about his own state, a very sad life indeed.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 8:12am On May 18, 2011
karl max:

Don't blame eko ile and co they knw the damage an international sea port in the se/ss would do to the lagos and the sw economy!!!

Please. Build your seaport! Ideally the government hands over all ports in this country (and the revenue thereof) to the relevant states. We shall then see whose port will do best.

All I know is my port doesn't require spend billions of dollars dredging a river before it becomes functional.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 8:15am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

Beaf, you are an i.d.iot, a fraud, and a fool.

You are the scum of the earth.

Think of what you represent. You are one super damaged fool who only thrives in bigoted displays. You are like vomit that stinks of hitler.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by aljharem3: 8:16am On May 18, 2011
how did this thread become igbo this yoruba that

eko ile, i think u should be happy that it is happening in the east
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by aljharem3: 8:18am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

Well, just wanted you to know that Igbos played a big part in building Lagos state. I don't know the rate of real estate investments by Igbos, but from my judgement, they are of great deal. I alone have homes and few ware houses in Lagos state. In Banana iseland, where my last investment is, Igbos own majority of the lands there. I also know some areas where Igbos have bought up most lands in Lagos state. So, I feel Igbos invest pretty much in Lagos state.

That being said, Lagos is way more attractive than most Northern, SW and SE states. So, I expect that people that are asking why Igbos don't invest in SE should ask why Yorubas from Ondo, Ekiti, Osun, Oyo etc don't do same in their states.
It is about strategic importance and attractiveness of a place. Lagos have built a reputation as an important investment point, so the huge investment by Nigerians should not be a basis of asking questions about why they don't invest in their home states.

hiow does this relate to the thread
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 8:18am On May 18, 2011
Hehe. I should have followed the example of everyone else on this thread, and simply ignored the mo.r.on known as Beaf.

After all, if there is anything that requires intelligence to discuss, what is the point of including him in the discussion?

He is a fool, an i.d.iot, a phony, a fraud, a fake.

Anyway, I'll follow the example of everyone else in this thread and refrain from interacting with this halfwit named Beaf.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 8:19am On May 18, 2011
alj_harem:

how did this thread become igbo this yoruba that

eko ile, i think u should be happy that it is happening in the east

Abeg comot my name from  your mouth, It takes 2 to tango.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by macjive01: 8:21am On May 18, 2011
No doubt I was having a Laff but seriously seriously the seemingly trivia thing of Igbos building plazas, shopping malls, hotels, establishing industries and erecting full blown markets is comparatively a feat.

Now tell me, how many Yorubas or Hausas living in onitsha, ptown, Benin, kaduna, Owerri, Aba, calaba, uyo own the house they leave in? Despite the Yorubas working in banks and top positions in the oil company, the Hausa exchanging millions of naira n forex everyday, yet for the Yoruba man it has to b rentage, the Hausa Na to sleep on a mat inside a mosque.  

If Igbos had such attitude I bet most of Lagos wud simple b shades of Ajegunle.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 8:23am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hehe. I should have followed the example of everyone else on this thread, and simply ignored the mo.r.on known as Beaf.

After all, if there is anything that requires intelligence to discuss, what is the point of including him in the discussion?

Anyway, I'll follow the example of everyone else in this thread and refrain from interacting with this halfwit named Beaf.

Serious mistake, that worthless piece of sh.i.t is on my ignore list. There is absolutely nothing to gainf from any back and forth with that clown
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Justcash(m): 8:24am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Justcash:

My brother. Buying a piece of land and building a home on it is not "single-handedly" building Lagos. What does that even mean? You aren't buying the land and building it for a charity, yes? It is an investment opportunity. And key word is opportunity.

So you mean to tell me that if someone gives you an investment opportunity, you are the one doing them a favor? Rather than vice versa?

If my buddy gives me a stock tip and I make a killing off it it, the corporation I profited from is the one doing me a favor?

Lagos did not give anyone any opportunity. It is Nigerians, made up of Igbos, Hausas, Yorubas etc that built and are building Lagos state till date.
The only people that can talk of opportunities are foreigners. As long as Lagos state is concerned, it was made great by the collective effort of Nigerians. More because it was once a very important state as a capital of Nigeria. Also, the developed infrastructures located there, that were built with Nigeria's public funds, gave it more prominence and importance.
I keep saying that Igbos CONTRIBUTED ALOT to building Lagos state. That doesn't mean  that other parts didn't contribute too.
If you sincerely want to compare the SW and the SE, use other states that never had any federal recognition. When you do that, you'll see the true picture.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 8:25am On May 18, 2011
Anyway, long story short. . . don't tell anybody you "built" a land.

If you did so out of charity rather than the desire to make a profit, fine, you can then claim that.

We have some states here in the US that are economically unattractive but the FG sinks money into them. Those states, one can say that they are being "developed" by the FG.

But Lagos? A city that has been a prominent port since the 1700s? A city the British chose as their seat of government in Nigeria?

That is the one you want to claim you "built"? A city that you only enter to make profit?

Very silly reasoning.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 8:26am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

Those are the exact words that describe a man from Ekiti who goes about pretending to come from Lagos. Why are you ashamed of your own state? Would the energy you spend dying for Lagos not be better spent developing whatever little bit you can in your own state?

Dude, instead of spending your life in a Lagos delusion and displaying jealousy for the SE/SS, you could actually do something meaningful like clearing the goats from your compound and cutting some cassava trees so you can see straight to build something in the place you actually come from. No? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 8:28am On May 18, 2011
@Justcash:

As I said, people should be thankful for the opportunities they get, rather than claiming that the opportunity they were given is in fact them doing someone else a favor.

We can agree to disagree, then. No wahala.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by dempeople(m): 8:28am On May 18, 2011
[size=17pt]@ the Opposition,[/size]

Let me rephrase the questions below;

If a poster posts a message which contradicts your thoughts, wouldn't it be common sense to face that particular poster instead of labelling a whole people negatively?

So if I post something about lagos that u don't agree with, instead of facing me, you label Ndigbo with such derogatory words and sentences which really is awful? Do u know the thoughts of other Igbos to do such? Do you know whether they disagree with me or not?

Why should a whole ethnic group be vilified cos of disagreements with a member of that ethnic group?

Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 8:28am On May 18, 2011
karl max:

Don't blame eko ile and co they knw the damage an international sea port in the se/ss would do to the lagos and the sw economy!!!

Abeg build your ports (Though you people are too lazy to do anything on your own) are carry your dirty spare parts kiosks with you back to your village. I'm sure Lagos state government go give Lagosians holiday to sanitized the state after your exit.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 8:32am On May 18, 2011
dem_people:

If a poster posts a message which contradicts your thoughts, wouldn't it be common sense to face that particular poster instead of labelling a whole people negatively?

So if I post something about lagos that u don't agree with, instead of facing me, you label Ndigbo with such derogatory words and sentences which really is awful? Do u know the thoughts of other Igbos to do such? Do you know whether they disagree with me or not?

Why should a whole ethnic group be vilified cos of disagreements with a member of that ethnic group?

Are you Paying any attention to your people and their lies? You think we go just sidon look and let them perpetrate their dishonesty? They are not talking about your topic, they are not even interested, they are doing what they do best, lying. And we are here to correct their lies,
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 8:33am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

Anyway, long story short. . . don't tell anybody you "built" a land.

If you did so out of charity rather than the desire to make a profit, fine, you can then claim that.

We have some states here in the US that are economically unattractive but the FG sinks money into them. Those states, one can say that they are being "developed" by the FG.

But Lagos? A city that has been a prominent port since the 1700s? A city the British chose as their seat of government in Nigeria?

That is the one you want to claim you "built"? A city that you only enter to make profit?

Very silly reasoning.

Something very similar happens in Nigeria too. Tell me sir, in your years of struggling through cassava bushes to get home, have you ever seen one viable thing from your state to boast about? No?
So why don't you build something, anything! Why pretend to come from Lagos?

Na wa o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Pesin go wound wit laf for NL o! Lagosian wannabe's!
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by aljharem3: 8:33am On May 18, 2011
dem_people:

them people, i have to stand by the truth here

it is sad that this good thread has been turned to something else

very sad

well that is NL for u
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by aljharem3: 8:33am On May 18, 2011
[size=18pt]no one should reply the spam beaf [/size]
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 8:36am On May 18, 2011
@dem_people: I'm not vilifying anyone's ethnic group, I don't think. I'm just setting the record straight. It is very arrogant for someone to claim they built someone else's city/territory.

And in this case wrong, since it wasn't as if they did it for free.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Justcash(m): 8:37am On May 18, 2011
alj_harem:

[size=18pt]no one should reply the spam beaf [/size]

Why? Because he mentioned your name? GERRRRROUT OF HERE!!! Ewu!
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 8:39am On May 18, 2011
Anyway, let everyone who wants to have a port have one.

But let every port stand on its own economically. Those ports that are not profitable, the state governments should be the ones making up the difference. Not the FG.

Same for airports too!

And let each state derive the benefits from its ports and airports.

I know that dredging the river niger is going to cost billions of dollars, and an enormous amount of money to maintain after that. If your state government and people want to sink their money in something uneconomical like that, no wahala. It is a free country.

But there is no reason for others to have to subsidize such.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by aljharem3: 8:39am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

Why? Because he mentioned your name? GERRRRROUT OF HERE!!! Ewu!

what did i do to u

whatever man, so i should not say the truth when it is needed

NO ONE SHOULD REPLY THE BIGOT BEAF
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 8:42am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

@dem_people: I'm not vilifying anyone's ethnic group, I don't think. I'm just setting the record straight. It is very arrogant for someone to claim they built someone else's city/territory.

LOL!!! Maybe the corrective medicine is beginning to work!
You really can't imagine how much people pity you. You come from Ekiti, but spend your whole life talking about Lagos where you have zero ancenstry. Its really sad. cry

We pity you, we really really pity you. A lost man who doesn't know his home, but claims Lagos out of low self esteem.

Pitiable. Sad.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Justcash(m): 8:42am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lagos was not built by Lagos indegenes or even Yorubas. If Lagos was never a  capital of Nigeria, it would have been like Oyo and other SW states. Probably, the port would have been a fishing point. The whole essence of Lagos would have been down.
On the contrary, If Calabar had remained the capital of Nigeria, it would have had the same story that Lagos is having now. Even with the small impact of the "Colonial capital status" on Calabar, you can still see some elements of infrastructural sophistication, just that it was never complemented by the Nigerian government.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 8:45am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

Anyway, let everyone who wants to have a port have one.

But let every port stand on its own economically. Those ports that are not profitable, the state governments should be the ones making up the difference. Not the FG.

Same for airports too!

And let each state derive the benefits from its ports and airports.

I know that dredging the river niger is going to cost billions of dollars, and an enormous amount of money to maintain after that. If your state government and people want to sink their money in something uneconomical like that, no wahala. It is a free country.

But there is no reason for others to have to subsidize such.

Look at the fool! The Niger has already been dredged, cry blood or begin claiming to come from Lokoja, Onitsha, or Warri Cos its gonna be seriously happening in those places,

Toad.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Justcash(m): 8:45am On May 18, 2011
alj_harem:

what did i do to u

whatever man, so i should not say the truth when it is needed

NO ONE SHOULD REPLY THE BIGOT BEAF

He has not insulted any ethnic group. He is facing individuals head on. That doesn't qualify him as a bigot. You on the other hand is a qualified bigot. Just today, you have made a statement anticipating the massacre of Igbos by OPC. What is that called? Botherhood? And you said I should not spit on you?
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 8:48am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

Lagos was not built by Lagos indegenes or even Yorubas. If Lagos was never a  capital of Nigeria, it would have been like Oyo and other SW states. Probably, the port would have been a fishing point. The whole essence of Lagos would have been down.
On the contrary, If Calabar had remained the capital of Nigeria, it would have had the same story that Lagos is having now. Even with the small impact of the "Colonial capital status" on Calabar, you can still see some elements of infrastructural sophistication, just that it was never complemented by the Nigerian government.

Let's cut through the chase. Who built Lagos? ibo people? Yes Or No
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 8:49am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

He has not insulted any ethnic group. He is facing individuals head on. That doesn't qualify him as a bigot. You on the other hand is a qualified bigot. Just today, you have made a statement anticipating the massacre of Igbos by OPC. What is that called? Botherhood? And you said I should not spit on you?

Don't mind that fvcking carmel. He was given kunu instead of milk as a baby, now something has happened to his brain.
The id!ot is still evolving, somewhere between fish and monkey.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 8:50am On May 18, 2011

Lagos has been the biggest port city in this part of Africa since probably the 1750s or so. So it'd have developed regardless. There are just huge advantages to having an excellent, natural port.

1. Eh, that is no one's fault. Blame the British for moving their capital from Calabar to Lagos. All of that happened before independence. Or blame God (if you like) for giving the Lagos-Ogun-Ondo area some of the best harbors in West Africa.
2. Study the coastline of Nigeria a bit. Compare Calabar and its access to the sea to that of Lagos. So yes, if the British had by force decided to keep their capital in Calabar, and spent the money dredging, it would probably have been comparable. But for them it was more economical to move to Lagos.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 8:51am On May 18, 2011
^
Poor fool, when will your native Ekiti begin recieving some of your love? Lagos, Lagos, Lagos. . .Abi is your village so stone age, that you need to "claim?"

Eko Ile:

Let's cut through the chase. Who built Lagos? ibo people? Yes Or No

Of course, you built it with magic money (same way Abuja people "built" Abuja).

Monkey brain.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 8:57am On May 18, 2011
Heck, even Cotonou area (which was a superior port to Lagos before this 1750s period or so, from what I've read on JSTOR) is pretty decently developed. . . it probably contains the lion's share of Benin Republic's GDP.

And Lagos has been superior to Cotonou for like 250+ years now. . .

A good port is a good port. We are lucky that God blessed us with this advantage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima / Jonathan Commissions Armed Forces Radio Station In Abuja / EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.