Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:35 AM

There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan (17042 Views)

How To De Congest Lagos / Senators From The South Back Buhari On Inclusion Lag-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget / Imsg Set Committee To De-congest Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by dempeople(m): 7:30am On May 18, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Well said!
Honestly how can entire ethnic group with all their professional will allow mediocre like GEJ to be feed on their intelligents RAW? Instead of asking him to sign a written agreement to that effect they are here celebrating stuupidity. Always despoiling the mind hard working igbo mind? What a shame!

I guess they should be equally expecting the air craft industry he promise them. Lmao!

When jona was making that kind of statement to sultan the aboki man say make them bring paper write everything wey him talk and sign the bobo cut out. lol

My initial thought was that the likes of you would've respected my thread. I don't engage in virtual tribal warfare and so by now u should have known my antecedents to conform.

Guy, most times your posts on Ndigbo seems so vile. So unnecessarily rude. If Ndigbo did not support GEJ, who would they have supported? Is it Buhari or Atiku or even Babangida? Whether we liked it or not, there's no way Ndigbo would have supported another person than GEJ.

I had my doubts initially about him but thought all these things through, before I relaxed. When there's only one feasible candidate to support, how realistic would a written agreement be? Its either we support him or we don't vote at all which would have worsened our situation.

You're here thinking Ndigbo never thought of a so-called written agreement in the first place? Forget politics for a moment, you often forget we come from the same region, have widely intermarried to the point that majority of Ijaw have Igbo blood and you still think it would have been practical to have an agreement? It was better we actually didn't have a written agreement if u know about the politics of the eastern region.

And you're here writing as if there were other choices. Leave people to celebrate if they want to. No need to always try to derail Igbocentric threads.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ziccoit: 7:30am On May 18, 2011
As long as we have David Mark and his likes with Bankole's likes at 3rd and 4th positions respectively SE and Nigerians should forget such a promise. Time will tell.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by macjive01: 7:31am On May 18, 2011
If Igbos could single handedly develop Lagos and Abuja to wat it is today grin , imagine what they wud make of their own tuff if only the federal government wud build or let them build a seaport in onitsha. ( that's if the river Niger was properly dredged ooh).

Grant them full international status to their airports.

Gives them licences to explore and manufacture

Grant them patent n protect their technological and intellectual property rights.

Grant them unfeted liberty to compete vigorously with the dangotes n otedolas as free Market dictates.

Seriously, . .  . These potentials needs to be unleashed.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 7:33am On May 18, 2011
dem_people:

eko-ile,

no need to bring such words to this thread. Watch your tongue.

I say amen to any of those plans in the article. Let anyboody accuse me of celebrating, i don't give a toss.

@Ezeuche, i understand. I normally feel that way about things too. But sometimes, i feel quite optimisitic.

@Alj-harem, u don see am. Enemies of progress have converged here.

Unfortunately, ibo people do not bestow on us the same respect and if you want sample I fit provide am quick quick. Let ibo people on NL learn how to control their bad bele and quit their needless rubbish and ignorant talk.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by aljharem3: 7:35am On May 18, 2011
macjive01:

If Igbo could single handedly develop Lagos and Abuja to wat it is today, imagine what they wud make of their own tuff if only the federal government wud build or let them build a seaport in onitsha. ( that's if the river Niger was properly dredged ooh).

Gives them liences to explore and manufacture

Grant them patent n protect their technological and intellectual property rights.

Grant them unfeted liberty to compete vigorously with the dangotes n otedolas as free Market dictates.

mumu

how did igbo develop abuja or lagos

igbos contribute NOTHING TO ABUJA OR LAGOS

GO FIGURE

sorry them people but i just had to shut this lair up
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 7:37am On May 18, 2011
macjive01:

If Igbo could single handedly develop Lagos and Abuja to wat it is today, imagine what they wud make of their own tuff if only the federal government wud build or let them build a seaport in onitsha. ( that's if the river Niger was properly dredged ooh).

Gives them liences to explore and manufacture

Are you people not tired of all these excuses?

Who is holding their hands and preventing them from doing anything? Are other states not building sea ports, aiports, refineries, trade zones, new cities from scratch?

You people are just too lazy?

lol @ ibo people developing Lagos? Must you people always sound ignorant and delusional? What did you develop beyond your spare parts kiosk? lmao
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 7:40am On May 18, 2011
Igbos "single handedly" developed Lagos and Abuja? grin

LWKMD
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 7:41am On May 18, 2011
So I guess Eko Atlantic, Lekki FTZ, Lekki toll road, the new rail are also being single-handedly developed by Igbos, yes?  grin

Very delusional and overrated people.

Turn your talents to developing your homeland, rather than making excuses for failure and incompetence.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by dempeople(m): 7:42am On May 18, 2011
Eko Ile:

Unfortunately, ibo people do not bestow on us the same respect and if you want sample I fit provide am quick quick. Let ibo people on NL learn how to control their bad bele and quit their needless rubbish and ignorant talk.

Guy, I never created this thread for such nonsense as tribalistic warfare. And u think I've not been congratulating ACN for the infrastructural plans they have for the SW? U want me to provide the link too as if what? Common man, chill. This thread wasn't opened for tribal fights. The least you would've done was to respect my thread since you don't see any of my posts having ethnocentric undertones.

Be positive here. We all want the best for the country. Why couldn't u say Amen to this article? I tire for u o.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Justcash(m): 7:45am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

So I guess[b] Eko Atlantic, Lekki FTZ, Lekki toll road, the new rail [/b]are also being single-handedly developed by Igbos, yes?  grin

Very delusional and overrated people.

Turn your talents to developing your homeland, rather than making excuses for failure and incompetence.

You are talking of infrastructures still  being developed from 2007-2011, yet to be completed. Come on, you can do better. Dig em out. I hope you can bring out stuffs that was not contributed to by Igbos.
You should be damn sure that a big chunk of private investors in those ones that you mentioned are of Igbo origin. Search, you will see.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 7:46am On May 18, 2011
dem_people:

Guy, I never created this thread for such nonsense as tribalistic warfare. And u think I've not been congratulating ACN for the infrastructural plans they have for the SW? U want me to provide the link too as if what? Common man, chill. This thread wasn't opened for tribal fights. The least you would've done was to respect my thread since you don't see any of my posts having ethnocentric undertones.

Be positive here. We all want the best for the country. Why couldn't u say Amen to this article? I tire for u o.

I don't see any tribal fights, maybe you are looking for one, Ive stated nothing but facts and if you don't see any truth in my assertions, let's debate and go at it,
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by dempeople(m): 7:48am On May 18, 2011
If a poster posts a message which contradicts your thoughts, wouldn't it be common sense to face that particular poster instead of labelling a whole people negatively?

So if I post something about lagos that u don't agree with, instead of facing me, you label Ndigbo with such derogatory words and sentences which really is awful? Do u know the thoughts of other Igbos to do such?

This forum is quite very silly.  

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 7:48am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

You are talking of infrastructures still  being developed from 2007-2011, yet to be completed. Come on, you can do better. Dig em out. I hope you can bring out stuffs that was not contributed to by Igbos.
You should be damn sure that a big chunk of private investors in those ones that you mentioned are Igbos. Search you will see.

No, the burden is on you to state how you developed Lagos beyond your spare parts kiosks,
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 7:50am On May 18, 2011
dem_people:

If a poster posts a message which contradicts your thoughts, wouldn't it be common sense to face that particular poster instead of labelling a whole people in negatively?

So if I post something about lagos that u don't agree with, instead of facing me, you label Ndigbo with such derogatory words and sentences which really is awful? Do u know the thoughts of other Igbos to do such?

This forum is quite very silly.  

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Why not, is it not the ibo in you talking?
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 7:50am On May 18, 2011
dem_people:

I wouldn't bother if I were you. Eko Ile is one really sick mofo with really deep psychological issues; all you have to do is mention SE or SS and he appears like a vulture with his group of hangers on from forest states (all low self esteemed "belongers" pretending to come from Lagos).
Eko Ile is the king of lepers and depraved bigots, his followers are; alj harem, rhino.d5m, ekt_bear. A true pack of low lifes.

Those fools are so jealous, they want to derail all SE/SS threads.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by dempeople(m): 7:52am On May 18, 2011
Eko Ile:

I don't see any tribal fights, maybe you are looking for one, Ive stated nothing but facts and if you don't see any truth in my assertions, let's debate and go at it,

Eko Ile:

Why not, is it not the ibo in you talking?

Oh, so you have now made me your prime target? Very interesting.

Anyways, guy, I don't have the passion for fights. I passed that stage a long time ago. Lets leave it here. My points have been made.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Justcash(m): 7:52am On May 18, 2011
Eko Ile:

No, the burden is on you to state how you developed Lagos beyond your spare parts kiosks,

Hahahahah! I don't answer eediots like you that face ethnic groups over people that argue with you. You are definitely in a very low intellectual level compared to me. So, I'll ignore you as usual. Will only talk to you when your stoopidity makes me to laugh.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 7:53am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

You should be damn sure that a big chunk of private investors in those ones that you mentioned are of Igbo origin. Search, you will see.

Most of the ones I looked into have nothing to do with Igbos. The railroad for example, construction work is being done by CCECC.

Anyway, it isn't as if Lagos has ever been in a situation where it needed investment for a project and was begging Igbos to invest. Having access to an investment opportunity is the state doing a favor for you, not vice versa.

That is what is so annoying about all of this to me. . . the tail is thinking it is wagging the dog rather than vice versa.

Or are these billion-dollar projects, is the money being sourced from Igboland? The South African and Australian banks that provided a loan for Lekki Toll Road, is that Igbo owned?

To be quite blunt. . . in no way shape or form have you developed Lagos. Buying some land and building a property on it is nice, but pretty much everyone is doing this. It wasn't as if you met a virgin, undeveloped territory and  built it into a juggernaut.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 7:57am On May 18, 2011
Lol! Even those from cassava ridden forests keep pretending they are from Lagos!
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by alexleo(m): 7:58am On May 18, 2011
Igbo people here stop responding to Eko ile, Rhino.5dm, zstranger and co. This people are a shame to the yoruba nation. There a lot of wonderful yoruba people here you can interact with and not this disgruntled ones. Their views doesn't represent that of the yorubas. When true yorubas talk u ll always see the difference between them and these disgruntled ones here. Ignore them.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 7:59am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

Hahahahah! I don't answer eediots like you that face ethnic groups over people that argue with you. You are definitely in a very low intellectual level compared to me. So, I'll ignore you as usual. Will only talk to you when your stoopidity makes me to laugh.

Olodo efulefu, Of course you wont show us your phantom list.

See cop out. Dum.b a/s/s. liar,
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 8:00am On May 18, 2011
alexleo:

Igbo people here stop responding to Eko ile, Rhino.5dm, zstranger and co. This people are a shame to the yoruba nation. There a lot of wonderful yoruba people here you can interact with and not this disgruntled ones. Their views doesn't represent that of the yorubas. When true yorubas talk u ll always see the difference between them and these disgruntled ones here. Ignore them.

fcu,k you and your condescending Yoruba rubbish. Re'tard.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 8:02am On May 18, 2011
dem_people:

Oh, so you have now made me your prime target? Very interesting.

Anyways, guy, I don't have the passion for fights. I passed that stage a long time ago. Lets leave it here. My points have been made.

Same here

lol @ swamp rat feeling among
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 8:03am On May 18, 2011
At any rate, if I am wrong, feel free to demonstrate. Show us how Igbos have "single handedly" built Lagos.

Are these multi-national corporations with headquarters there all Igbo owned?

I'd love to hear exactly how I am wrong.

In any case, I hope it doesn't puzzle you guys why you are so thoroughly disliked throughout most of Africa (not trying to say it to be offensive, but it is what it is.)

Trade and commerce is not one-sided. . . everyone benefits. So for one side that benefits claiming that it is doing the other side a favor is highly arrogant and offensive.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Justcash(m): 8:05am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

Most of the ones I looked into have nothing to do with Igbos. The railroad for example, construction work is being done by CCECC.

Anyway, it isn't as if Lagos has ever been in a situation where it needed investment for a project and was begging Igbos to invest. Having access to an investment opportunity is the state doing a favor for you, not vice versa.

That is what is so annoying about all of this to me. . . the tail is thinking it is wagging the dog rather than vice versa.

Or are these billion-dollar projects, is the money being sourced from Igboland? The South African and Australian banks that provided a loan for Lekki Toll Road, is that Igbo owned?

To be quite blunt. . . in no way shape or form have you developed Lagos. Buying some land and building a property on it is nice, but pretty much everyone is doing this. It wasn't as if you met a virgin, undeveloped territory and  built it into a juggernaut.

Well, just wanted you to know that Igbos played a big part in building Lagos state. I don't know the rate of real estate investments by Igbos, but from my judgement, they are of great deal. I alone have homes and few ware houses in Lagos state. In Banana iseland, where my last investment is, Igbos own majority of the lands there. I also know some areas where Igbos have bought up most lands in Lagos state. So, I feel Igbos invest pretty much in Lagos state.

That being said, Lagos is way more attractive than most Northern, SW and SE states. So, I expect that people that are asking why Igbos don't invest in SE should ask why Yorubas from Ondo, Ekiti, Osun, Oyo etc don't do same in their states.
It is about strategic importance and attractiveness of a place. Lagos have built a reputation as an important investment point, so the huge investment by Nigerians should not be a basis of asking questions about why they don't invest in their home states.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by karlmax2: 8:06am On May 18, 2011
Don't blame eko ile and co they knw the damage an international sea port in the se/ss would do to the lagos and the sw economy!!!
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 8:08am On May 18, 2011
alexleo:

We know the bunch of bigoted monkeys.
I'll add ekt_bear and alj harem.

Buncha crude beasts.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 8:08am On May 18, 2011
@Justcash:

My brother. Buying a piece of land and building a home on it is not "single-handedly" building Lagos. What does that even mean? You aren't buying the land and building it for a charity, yes? It is an investment opportunity. And key word is opportunity.

So you mean to tell me that if someone gives you an investment opportunity, you are the one doing them a favor? Rather than vice versa?

If my buddy gives me a stock tip and I make a killing off it it, the corporation I profited from is the one doing me a favor?
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by dempeople(m): 8:08am On May 18, 2011
Eko Ile:

Same here

lol @ swamp rat feeling among

Was that necessary? I wrote that you should leave it. Did u have to insult me?   angry angry
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 8:09am On May 18, 2011
Let me tell you something, ibo people are very selfish, if they are in any way capable of developing anything, they'll do it back home first, in fact., they'll deny you and prevent you from catching up.

Is it commons sense that if it's possible in Lagos state, it should be freekin easy in your own village?

The silly nonsense defies logic anyways.

Are they not the same people sitting on their hands begging for everything from the federal government, ?
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 8:10am On May 18, 2011
Beaf, you are an i.d.iot, a fraud, and a fool.

You are the scum of the earth.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 8:11am On May 18, 2011
dem_people:

Was that necessary? I wrote that you should leave it. Did u have to insult me?   angry angry

That was for some other i.di.ot and drunken fisherman in this thread, not you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Police That Killed Muyideen Mustafa Has Been Stoned To Death In Illorin / I Can’t Guarantee Fulani Herdsmen’s Safety, Says Fayose / EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.