Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,567 members, 7,840,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina (19252 Views)

What Femi Adesina Told Me When I Visited Villa – Kukah / See What Femi Adesina Wrote About COS, Gambari 12 Years Ago! / Femi Adesina: My Daughter Almost Cried When She Read About Me On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by RiceProducers: 9:24pm On Aug 14, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

First of all, you lie!! Third mainland bridge, shiroro dam and port Harcourt 2 were all started and completed by IBB.
Secondly, Warri Itakpe was meant to service Ajokuta whose development Buhari truncated. You can ask yourself what benefit the rehabilitation has brought now. If ajaokuta is not working, that rail is as good as useless. So the reason why successive govts abandoned it was because it's a service rail not passenger rail as is being attempted now.
Thirdly, so many of the so-called "massive infrastructure" of your god were already planned or put in motion by previous admins too. So find something else to say.

Buhari truncated Ajaokuta? What school did you go sir?. As for planned infrastructure projects that were not done when oil price was $100 per barrel and financial flows out Of Nigeria rivaled FDI into Europe, only God will save Nigerians from moral cowardice and mortal fear of truth but the country is not going anywhere with cowards

1 Like

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by NGpatriot: 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Keep quiet. it's not about the year the Russians left. It's about the maladministration of successive govts for which your Buhari is a major part. Or you can furnish us with how far he went with the Steel complex in the two years he spent as a military ruler after he toppled the govt that started the building. Don't forget he was also a major player in the Abacha govt under whom the steel complex became fully abandoned. He was head of a lucrative agency that had so much funds to play with.

The rail is not the most critical aspect of getting Ajaokuta running. The most critical aspect is getting the Iron ore complex up. Nothing has been done in that regard so forget all this noise about abandonment of the rails because na wash. The rails are useless as long as the iron mines and the steel complex are not up.

Can you show us the utilization of the rail since passenger traffic was added to it. You people need to be realistic. What is the transport volume between Warri and Itakpe to warrant passenger traffic? If nothing, it will increase the turnaround time of the tracks. Steel load is big enough in the first place.

So, we should let the 30 old abandoned rail project continue to rot, decay and be abandoned simply because other components are not up and running when they are finally up and running, the already completed and functioning railway system woun't be needed or that's when we should start running arund trying to fugure out how to complete the abandoned project?

Where is the sense in your conclusion

That rail line serves 3 states from Dekrta to Edo and Kogi and it remains the cheapest, safest and fasted route to the FCT.

As they say, ipob mentality is a backward and upside-down mentality..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by shadeyinka(m): 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2021
Ovamboland:

Is anything in the world stopping you from banding together as was done in America to build huge steel plants in Nigeria?
Since you have not done it and govt is taking up the challenge to build, did you submit your proposal to build one instead of the Russians and govt threw it away in favor of theirs?

Why have you not built your own in the 40 years the govt plant has failed to start?
I do not have the capacity of building foundries 1/10th as big as Ajaokuta Steel. But, Nigeria has several hundred more qualified people who can be HARNESSED by those in government. If I could succeed in my small capacity, surely the Government can succeed in the big project.
It's not about me, its about those wasting the enormous human capacities existing in this country through myopic reasoning and poor leadership.

Like I said, I have build several at my level for my own purpose (interestingly for hobby purposes). I have developed my one refractory materials that are even at par with imported ones. At my level, I have succeeded where a big country like Nigeria has failed. The same thing with Nigeria banning the "so-called illegal refineries" while they cant refine one litter of crude oil. Is that not a big shame?

Ovamboland:

It's easy to make highfalutin statements Knowing the reality on ground.

Why are you not making pencil, pins, spoons, razor blades etc like citizens of many other countries? Govt must still come and spoon feed you and empower you?

Okay, you couldn't start because we don't have infrastructure? But here you are fighting tooth and nail to convince us the infrastructure provided is useless and unnecessary.
Because I cant produce the volume required to make them competitively cheap.
But my dear country has the resources to make sure that Nigeria and Nigerians produce pencils, pens, papers etc at ridiculously cheap prices

But poor leadership wouldn't allow that: admit it bro, we have poor leadership in Nigeria.
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by CoolAmbience(m): 9:48pm On Aug 14, 2021
lexy2014:

Can't u defend ur claim that "There has been no single President better than Buhari since independence"? Since u aren't lazy and have done ur own research, answering my questions shouldn't be a challenge for u:

Is this what u call a comparative analysis based on ur conclusion that "There has been no single President better than Buhari since independence"? I don't see any indices in what u wrote.

In ur number 3 point for instance, what are d figures? What's d reality on ground? What's d living standard of Nigerians since 2015 compared to before 2015? How has d economy been diversified? What has it been diversified to? how much revenue came in since 2015, how was it utilised that made u say "prudent management of economy"?

You have to take every aspect of governance since 1960 (taking into cognisance section 14 (2b) of d constitution), compare every administration since 1960 and mirror against d buhari administration using every single aspect of governance as indices.

'Living standards since 2015'....

Fold your arms and wait for Buhari to come and feed you.

The era of arm folding and money sharing are over.

Buhari has done well. You may continue to deny it all you want, but the evidences are there for everyone to see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Ovamboland(m): 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Why should I list? The former SGF used millions to clear invasive plant species. That's a good starting point don't you think?

And these are from the loans spent on infrastructure?
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Ovamboland(m): 11:43pm On Aug 14, 2021
aribisala0:

You obviously fancy yourself as intellectuak. The earlier you embrace reality the better

China is a net creditor to the US and many countries in the world
Nigeria has almost 100% reliance on oil as its source of dollars and at the moment is using over 70% of revenue to service debt

This means if the price of oil should crash we are at risk of insolvency
That is irresponsible
We are already seeing signs of distress.
The government is borrowing from the IMF which is a lender of last resort and has imposed conditions on the government
Devalue the Naira
Remove oil subsidy

In short loss of sovereign control and you are here mouthing off ignorantly

Story story, non oil revenue is steadily increasing with 56% growth in VAT returns and, 45% increase in CIT. Infrastructure solutions to port congestion you so much hate will increase returns from excise duty and other tax reforms will increase revenue. We won't need to wait for 10 years to start building infrastructure as you hope, it's already happening and some in use already whether you like it or not.

The same subsidy you just complained is not the best and making us take more loans than necessary is the same one you claim if we agree to IMF condition we will lose sovereignty. Like all of us in debating ending or keeping subsidy are stupid and going either way will make us at the mercy of IMF.
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Ovamboland(m): 11:50pm On Aug 14, 2021
aribisala0:

Empty ignorant rubbish

Do nothing you are accustomed to is full, enlightened and awesome
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by aribisala0(m): 4:03am On Aug 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

Do nothing you are accustomed to is full, enlightened and awesome
Would it not be nice if you put in the same effort into educating yourself properly.
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by aribisala0(m): 4:05am On Aug 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

Story story, non oil revenue is steadily increasing with 56% growth in VAT returns and, 45% increase in CIT. Infrastructure solutions to port congestion you so much hate will increase returns from excise duty and other tax reforms will increase revenue. We won't need to wait for 10 years to start building infrastructure as you hope, it's already happening and some in use already whether you like it or not.

The same subsidy you just complained is not the best and making us take more loans than necessary is the same one you claim if we agree to IMF condition we will lose sovereignty. Like all of us in debating ending or keeping subsidy are stupid and going either way will make us at the mercy of IMF.

So many empty and meaningless words. All of it profound in your eyes.
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by aribisala0(m): 4:16am On Aug 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

Loans are used to fund the budget full stop

When you eat rice and stew the body does not separate the rice for the legs and the stew for the hands

If you borrow 50% of your budget everything in the budget is 50% funded by loans

1 Like

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:21am On Aug 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

No. They are from tithes and offerings
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Ovamboland(m): 7:23am On Aug 15, 2021
aribisala0:
Would it not be nice if you put in the same effort into educating yourself properly.

You are just a comedian, how did you educate yourself to arrive at the wacky conclusion that infrastructure is not important or useful?
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:24am On Aug 15, 2021
NGpatriot:

So, we should let the 30 old abandoned rail project continue to rot, decay and be abandoned simply because other components are not up and running when they are finally up and running, the already completed and functioning railway system woun't be needed or that's when we should start running arund trying to fugure out how to complete the abandoned project?

Where is the sense in your conclusion

That rail line serves 3 states from Dekrta to Edo and Kogi and it remains the cheapest, safest and fasted route to the FCT.

As they say, ipob mentality is a backward and upside-down mentality..

Show with facts that it's the "cheapest, safest and fastest route to the FCT".
Show the utilisation also.
You just wrote a truckload of rubbish laced with ignorance.
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Ovamboland(m): 7:24am On Aug 15, 2021
aribisala0:
Loans are used to fund the budget full stop

When you eat rice and stew the body does not separate the rice for the legs and the stew for the hands

If you borrow 50% of your budget everything in the budget is 50% funded by loans

Indicate the loans taken for the purpose of cutting grass
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by aribisala0(m): 7:26am On Aug 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

You are just a comedian, how did you educate yourself to arrive at the wacky conclusion that infrastructure is not important or useful?

You set your own exam , write it and award yourself an A+

Is that not lunacy

If you are unable to provide any shred of evidence that I said that infrastructure is not useful then please shut up and stop seeking attention

Go and get a useful job
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:26am On Aug 15, 2021
RiceProducers:

Buhari truncated Ajaokuta? What school did you go sir?. As for planned infrastructure projects that were not done when oil price was $100 per barrel and financial flows out Of Nigeria rivaled FDI into Europe, only God will save Nigerians from moral cowardice and mortal fear of truth but the country is not going anywhere with cowards
I guess he was not one of those led and benefited immensely from this country in the 1980s and 1990s.
As I've told you brother-in-arms, there's nothing on ground that's superb or other administration have not done infrastructure wise.
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by aribisala0(m): 7:27am On Aug 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

Remind us how much was spent on cutting grass? Did I introduce grass cutting?
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by aribisala0(m): 7:28am On Aug 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

Indicate the loan spent on infrastructure
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:28am On Aug 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

grin grin
What hilarious statements won't you make while trying to defend your weak position?
So the govt blowing it's own trumpet by reporting what projects it has done will automatically change what has been spent on a project commissioned?

I see your hope lies in Nigerians not knowing or being aware that such projects had be executed. That's the only reason their noise could cause you so much distress.

You keep shouting the projects are corrupt but unable to show any evidence. I've told you the project cost about $5m/km.
You are yet to demonstrate what the real cost should be. You can't even show were similar projects all over Africa have been proven to be substantially far away from the the Nigeria projects.

You're shouting corruption, corruption as if that's the only evidence that proves it.
Stop deceiving yourself. Nigerian rails are one of the most expensive in Africa.
What projects have the govt done. 90% of the project your other moniker listed are ongoing. Let's see them completed before you start claiming they are done.
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:33am On Aug 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

So whatever you claim without evidence that Buhari did to delay the construction of Ajaokuta in 20 months could not be reversed in 8 years of Babangida, 5 years of Abacha, a year of Abulsalam and 16 years of PDP. Please clap for yourself for your super story.

Yeah right, the rail line was started in 1987 and abandoned, tied down national resources, ignored by 5 leaders and the leader who unlocked that value in 2020 and as we speak Nigerians not goats or foreigners now have train option in that axis is the bad guy? Fine logic.

I know good things distress some people, I never imagined it would get to this extent. I would only expect this from enemies intent on total destruction and annihilation of our country.

We see foreigners, Ghanaians, Egyptian, Moroccans say thumbs up and congratulations for these same projects hoping they get such, but just read silly things so called Nigerians are saying. Something that their fellow citizens are benefitting from.
Ajaokuta has become a sign of expensive waste of money. There are experts who believe with the poor quality of iron ore that we have, the project should never have even been started.
But that's not the point. The point is like I've been drumming into your ears, the rail was abandoned because it was meant to service the steel complex which was not yet ready as at then and even the iron mines too. Claiming it was abandoned as if it could ever work just to score cheap political points is propaganda the type APC is known for.
As an example, can you show us the utilisation of the rail now?
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by awumen: 7:36am On Aug 15, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Show with facts that it's the "cheapest, safest and fastest route to the FCT".
Show the utilisation also.
You just wrote a truckload of rubbish laced with ignorance.
@NGpatriot, while I won't agree or dispute your info yet, I will like to see a chart showing utilisation on this route to FCT. I believe it will not only support your argument but it might also change some mindset.
I still support infrastructural development anyday

1 Like

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by aribisala0(m): 7:39am On Aug 15, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Ajaokuta has become a sign of expensive waste of money. There are experts who believe with the poor quality of iron ore that we have, the project should never have even been started.
But that's not the point. The point is like I've been drumming into your ears, the rail was abandoned because it was meant to service the steel complex which was not yet ready as at then and even the iron mines too. Claiming it was abandoned as if it could ever work just to score cheap political points is propaganda the type APC is known for.
As an example, can you show us the utilisation of the rail now?
This is where knowledge and Human capital come into it

Nigeria is energy rich and so even if we have no ore whatsoever to industrialize we need to develop the capacity to manipulate metal.
China accounts for 75% of Iron ore imports in the world and nearly 60% of steel production
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by effort1: 7:44am On Aug 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

Of course you benchmark the past with the present to see if we are making progress.

The past and present govt operate under similar condition and environment and will always be the first benchmark.

That's why GDP growth for example is based on where your country was last year or 10 years ago, not on where the next country was.

At least you agree that this government is only focused on competing for failure.

You also agree that all its electoral promises are intentional deceptions.

Congratulations. You have just signed off the future of your children
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:44am On Aug 15, 2021
awumen:

@NGpatriot, while I won't agree or dispute your info yet, I will like to see a chart showing utilisation on this route to FCT. I believe it will not only support your argument but it might also change some mindset.
I still support infrastructural development anyday
No one does not support infrastructure. But if you know APC well, this latest tactics of shouting infrastructure is an attempt to paper over the cracks of the adminstration and it's glaring failures in more critical aspects of the national Life.
Femi is trying to paint that infrastructure is the most important duty of govt and even claimed IBB institutionalised corruption forgetting that IBB performed far better than Buhari will ever do in his 10 years in office.
If IBB who did so well in infrastructure institutionalised corruption, then it means infrastructure development can be a conduit to corruption too.
You can't have it both ways.
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by aribisala0(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2021
Strategic infrastructure projects that endure to this day were done without bankrupting the country

Kainji Dam
Egbin Thermal Plant( The largest plant by output
PH Enugu Expressway
Lagos Benin Express way
Lagos Ibadan Expressway
Abuja Construction
Onne Port
etc

No one borrowed a penny for any of these projects

So our point is we should not cripple other aspects of governance and elevate infrastructure to a religion

If you rescue a starving man you feed him gradually . You don't force him to swallow a goat in one day

Education
Health
Security are crucial

Even in infrastructure we must prioritize and our priority MUST be power
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by awumen: 8:54am On Aug 15, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

No one does not support infrastructure. But if you know APC well, this latest tactics of shouting infrastructure is an attempt to paper over the cracks of the adminstration and it's glaring failures in more critical aspects of the national Life.
Femi is trying to paint that infrastructure is the most important duty of govt and even claimed IBB institutionalised corruption forgetting that IBB performed far better than Buhari will ever do in his 10 years in office.
If IBB who did so well in infrastructure institutionalised corruption, then it means infrastructure development can be a conduit to corruption too.
You can't have it both ways.
I understand we both support infrastructural growth however I agree with you that infrastructural development can also be a conduit to corruption as we have seen in alot of cases especially in Africa and the world in general.
I understand the APC government and I am not a fan of any political party. This government especially has sent us 10-15 years back in more than 70% of their actions and policies
My question to Ngpatriot, show us a chart that will further buttress your point that the rail utilisation as a means of transportation has increased for our people.
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by lexy2014: 10:36am On Aug 15, 2021
CoolAmbience:

'Living standards since 2015'....

Fold your arms and wait for Buhari to come and feed you.

The era of arm folding and money sharing are over.

Buhari has done well. You may continue to deny it all you want, but the evidences are there for everyone to see.

According to u:

"There has been no single President better than Buhari since independence". Based on ur claim above, can u answer d following questions and address d following issues?:

Is this what u call a comparative analysis based on ur conclusion that "There has been no single President better than Buhari since independence"? I don't see any indices in what u wrote.

In ur number 3 point for instance, what are d figures? What's d reality on ground? What's d living standard of Nigerians since 2015 compared to before 2015? How has d economy been diversified? What has it been diversified to? how much revenue came in since 2015, how was it utilised that made u say "prudent management of economy"?

You have to take every aspect of governance since 1960 (taking into cognisance section 14 (2b) of d constitution), compare every administration since 1960 and mirror against d buhari administration using every single aspect of governance as indices.
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by CoolAmbience(m): 11:08am On Aug 15, 2021
lexy2014:

According to u:

"There has been no single President better than Buhari since independence". Based on ur claim above, can u answer d following questions and address d following issues?:

Oga copy and paste!

Disprove it na.
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by lexy2014: 11:24am On Aug 15, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Oga copy and paste!

Disprove it na.

I haven't made any claims. U are d one making d claims. Are u telling me that u can't provide any info to support ur claim that "There has been no single President better than Buhari since independence".

Based on ur claim above, can u answer d following questions and address d following issues?:

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by EnkayDezign: 11:47am On Aug 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

USA owes $20trilion and China owes $2.4 trillion.
Most of the loans were used to build infrastructure and public works projects.

Yes boss, and here we are trying to explain to our fellow arrogantly ignorant 'countrymen' the importance of investing in infrastructure even if through loans. They simply amaze me

1 Like

Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2021
Ovamboland:

Apart from an agreement that must be in place to allow Nigeria build anything 25km into Niger territory, the most important thing is for Niger to see value in the rail access. I can hazard a guess that rail trip from Lagos to Maradi will be far cheaper than truck from Cotonou to Niamey.

$25m is not big money for Nigeria to explore this opportunity. It cannot even pay for the yatch Jide Omokore bought from oil deals while fronting for the then minister of petroleum. It was $200m Nigeria deposited at the court to quash P&ID attempt to fleece us of $10bn. And total project cost of the rail from Apapa to Kano-Jibia is over $10bn. We shouldn't be scared of staking $25m
Well, you thought wrong. Lagos to Ibadan is 1k by road and 2k5 by rail. Same with Abj-Kd. So as we have it now, road is far cheaper than rail. Besides, why don't you look at your map and see which is closer between Lagos to Maradi and Cotonou to Niamey.
You sound myopic. That $25m is the premium. There's interest on it that will be paid and it's obviously a gamble as you have come to agree with. We all complain about waste in govt but you suddenly see nothing wrong in a $25m gamble to Niger.
Your cost-benefit analysis is zero. You're comparing losses and misspends instead of listing what we stand to gain from the $25m. That's really absurd if you ask me.
Re: If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina by Ovamboland(m): 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Well, you thought wrong. Lagos to Ibadan is 1k by road and 2k5 by rail. Same with Abj-Kd. So as we have it now, road is far cheaper than rail. Besides, why don't you look at your map and see which is closer between Lagos to Maradi and Cotonou to Niamey.
You sound myopic. That $25m is the premium. There's interest on it that will be paid and it's obviously a gamble as you have come to agree with. We all complain about waste in govt but you suddenly see nothing wrong in a $25m gamble to Niger.
Your cost-benefit analysis is zero. You're comparing losses and misspends instead of listing what we stand to gain from the $25m. That's really absurd if you ask me.

Kai the railway construction is making you really mad, you seriously hope it will fail. With citizens like you a nation needs no enemies, you're playing that role effectively already.

Let me see if I can drop a little education for you hoping you can still soak up knowledge and make meaning out of it.

Using multi-modal rail and truck transit compared to truck alone, you can cut transportation costs by more than half.20 Apr 2020

Just don't end your life in so much ignorance and bitterness

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Amina Ali Undergoes Medical Examination, Meets Gov Shetima. See Photos / Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN / Youths Asked Me To Run For 2019 Presidency – Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.