Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk (15275 Views)

Fufu And Milk Is A Bad Combo Your Girlfriend Must Surender (pictures) / Does Hot Guinness Stout Remove Pregnancy Of Two Weeks / The Benefits Of Drinking Stout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk by doksblog(m): 11:04am On Aug 13, 2021
Years back when I was at home with my mother, she usually sends me to nearby shop to get Guinness stout and “Peak milk”. Though she will deliberately give me to drink after mixing the two, but I personally don’t like the bitter taste of the combination.

The sole reason why I managed taking it then was that, my mother made me to believe that the combination is “good to my health.” And she knows, I don’t joke with my health, coupled with the fact that I like anything healthy.

However, when I got admission into the university after some couple of years, I met a close friend who normally drank Guinness stout with milk every weekend.

And when I decided to ask him about the benefits of taking Guinness stout and milk, he answered and said, “I get relaxed with my skin looking refreshed after taking it.”

That’s just it, even when I took it. You too can try and share your experience as well. But before I conclude on the health benefits of Guinness stout and milk, let us consider separately, in brief, the health benefits of Guinness stout and that of milk.

Benefits Of Guinness Stout

Famously known as ‘the black stuff or made of more,’ Guinness stout is loved and enjoyed all over the world with Nigeria included, but it’s hard to think of it because of the bitter taste.

But something about the slightly bitter taste of Guinness has convinced most Nigerians that it has medicinal benefits.

It is not out of place to see a Nigerian, especially ladies, having a bottle of Guinness just to combat stomach aches.

You know, when a people believe that something is beneficial to their health, it is easy for them to love it.

As well as being cited as having health benefits for pregnant women, Guinness stout was thought to be a good source of iron and therefore useful during pregnancy or breast feeding.

However, if the truth be known, Guinness contains a barely 0.3mg of iron per pint.

Benefits Of Milk

Milk has been enjoyed throughout the world for thousands of years. By definition, it’s a nutrient-rich fluid that female mammals produce to feed their young.

The most commonly consumed types come from cows, sheep and goats. Milk consumption is a hotly debated topic in the nutrition world, so you might wonder if it’s healthy or harmful.

However, below are science-backed health benefits of milk so you can decide if it’s the right choice for you.

Milk Is Packed With Nutrients

The nutritional profile of milk is impressive. After all, it’s designed to fully nourish newborn animals.

Milk is a rich source of protein, which is necessary for many vital functions in our body, including growth and development, cellular repair and immune system regulation.

Just one cup (244 grams) of whole cow’s milk contains:

Calories: 146
Protein: 8 grams
Fat: 8 grams
Calcium: 28% of the RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowance)
Vitamin D: 24% of the RDA
Riboflavin (B2): 26% of the RDA
Vitamin B12: 18% of the RDA
Potassium: 10% of the RDA
Phosphorus: 22% of the RDA
Selenium: 13% of the RDA
In addition, milk is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including “nutrients of concern,” which are under-consumed by many populations.

It provides potassium, B12, calcium and vitamin D for healthy bones and skin, which are lacking in many diets. Milk is also a good source of vitamin A (for good eyesight), magnesium, zinc and thiamine (B1).

Additionally, it’s an excellent source of protein and contains hundreds of different fatty acids, including omega-3.

Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk

It Gives Vitamins And Iron

According to an article from the Institute of Brewing, a pint of Guinness is full of nutrients, including all the B vitamins, except B12, which is contained in milk.

Vitamins play a vital role in helping our bodies convert food into fuel. Three pints of stout ALONE will give you roughly the equivalent of a single yolk egg and contain 3% of an adult’s recommended daily dose of iron, which can help boost your energy levels if you’re feeling a bit sluggish.

It Gives Blood Because Of Iron Content

Although not in milk, Guinness has 0.3 milligrams of iron per beer, which is about 3% of an adult’s daily recommendation iron intake.

That may not seem like a lot but given that most adults fail to reach the recommended 19 mg/day, every little bit helps.

Iron is an important component of hemoglobin, the substance in red blood cells that carries oxygen from your lungs to transport it through your body.

Guinness was actually once given to post-operative patients and pregnant women for this reason. No wonder my mother wants me to drink it, maybe for blood as well.

It Contains Antioxidants

Yes, the combination contains antioxidants, but how? Guinness stout contains nearly twice the amount of antioxidants found in light-coloured lagers. Guinness Stout is packed with flavonoids, the antioxidants that give fruit and vegetables their dark colour. Are you surprised?

Antioxidants are molecules that neutralise free radicals, unstable molecules that can harm your cells.

We usually find them in foods such as raspberries, kale and artichokes, even in many other fruits, vegetables and nuts.

The health benefits associated with a diet packed with plants are at least partially due to the variety of antioxidants they provide your body. Guinness stout and milk will give just that.

In addition, getting enough antioxidants in your system is great for your heart. Slowing down the deposit of cholesterol on artery walls, this can help reduce blood clots and the risk of heart attacks.

It Supports A Healthy Heart

Like mentioned above, Guinness contains “antioxidant compounds” similar to those found in fruits and vegetables that slow down the deposit of cholesterol on artery walls. This can help reduce blood clots and ultimately the risk of heart attacks.

It Supports Better and Healthy Bones

The combination of Guinness stout and milk may promote bone density given the plant hormone phytoestrogen that is found in the beer and Calcium found in milk.

Vitamin D found in milk protects the teeth and bones and defends against diseases such as osteoporosis.

On top of building bones and keeping them healthy, calcium enables our blood to clot, our muscles to contract and our hearts to keep beating.............CONTINUE...
https://doksblog.com/health-benefits-of-guinness-stout-and-milk/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk by Giftexx: 11:07am On Aug 13, 2021
Nice
Re: Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk by Mozino007(m): 11:08am On Aug 13, 2021
Hmnnnn keep deceiving yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk by Iyasaburi: 11:18am On Aug 13, 2021
I concur.
25 years ago, I drank stout when I was feeling somehow, I don't know what was wrong with my body, I feeling weak from inside.
Something, spoke to me from within me to go and buy stout, I obeyed. The result was amazing. I felt on top of the world, from that night through the week I felt strong.
You know what, that was the first and last time I took stout. My mind has not referred me to it again.

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2021
Iyasaburi:
I concur.
25 years ago, I drank stout when I was feeling somehow, I don't know what was wrong with my body, I feeling weak from inside.
Something, spoke to me from within me to go and buy stout , I obeyed. The result was amazing. I felt on top of the world, from that night through the week I felt strong.
You know what, that was the first and last time I took stout. My mind has not referred me to it again.

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk by Iyasaburi: 11:31am On Aug 13, 2021
LordVoldermort:

Lol grin

You know, I am a Christian.
Re: Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 13, 2021
Iyasaburi:

You know, I am a Christian.
So God told you to go and buy stout...okay o cheesy
Re: Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk by doksblog(m): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2021
That's it ooo
LordVoldermort:

Lol grin
Re: Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk by Iyasaburi: 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2021
LordVoldermort:

So God told you to go and buy stout...okay o cheesy

Did you see me mention God? Don't misquote me o

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk by Divoc19(f): 9:27am On Mar 27, 2022
I must say, Guinness is a unique brand.
Re: Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk by Kobicove(m): 12:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
Are you advertising Guinness Stout or what? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Did You Have Sex In Secondary School? Share Your Story / What’s The First Thing That Sexually Attracts You To Someone? / When Being Loving Becomes Inevitable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.