Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) (3514 Views)

Marrying A Feminist / "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri / 15 Signs That You Are Under The Attack Of A Spirit Husband And Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Wawelexy(m): 3:38am On Aug 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I said developed world, and not western world. undecided

And obviously, since women are subclass citizens in much of Africa and much of the under developed world, it would make no sense for even begin to mentored any of them now, would it? undecided

Issues with "self happiness"? If you live in a gutter, do you look up and out for a way out of what amounts to a predicament or do you keep your head down so you don't have issues with "self happiness"? undecided
................................... What about the ones that has already been mentored? Isn't that why divorce is on the high rate lately.............. As per your reply to self happiness, you should know that everything was created for a purpose.....

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Magnoliaa(f): 3:45am On Aug 15, 2021
cooooooks:
The "we" refers to just 2 people, those in conversation. Who are the others? tongue

Oh. So you're speaking for what others agree on now? You're speaking for what Kobo believe?

And yeah, what's the relevance of what you think to what feminists advocate for?

2 Likes

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Magnoliaa(f): 3:49am On Aug 15, 2021
cooooooks:
Awaiting clarification of the 2nd analogy.

Someone posted a picture on the thread and I replied to that picture. You and some other user are replying to my reply to that picture on the thread. If you feel the content of the picture does not fit the thread, take that up with the person who posted the picture.

My response to you at that time was about the message of the picture and what it was saying. Why do you relate that to the topic of the thread? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Magnoliaa(f): 3:54am On Aug 15, 2021
cooooooks:
Clarify the bolded. Is the redefinition OF the mother or redefinition BY the mother?

It reads like it should be by.

Awaiting the clarification.

If a bitter mother tells her children untrue things about their father, is their father automatically those things because she said it? Does her saying/telling the children changed the father into what he's not?

2 Likes

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Magnoliaa(f): 3:56am On Aug 15, 2021
cooooooks:
Clarify the bolded. Is the redefinition OF the mother or redefinition BY the mother?

It reads like it should be by.

Awaiting the clarification.

Okay. By. So answer the question.

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Kobojunkie: 4:00am On Aug 15, 2021
Wawelexy:
................................... What about the ones that has already been mentored? Isn't that why divorce is on the high rate lately.............. As per your reply to self happiness, you should know that everything was created for a purpose.....
I mean mentioned.. undecided

Do what if Divorce rate is high? If people want a Divorce, who are you to deny them that? Just as you have a right to marry anyone you chose it follows that you should also have the right to divorce as you chose. undecided

As for your claim that everything was created for a purpose, are you suggesting that those who find themselves living in a gutter should accept that as the purpose for which they were created, or something? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Magnoliaa(f): 4:02am On Aug 15, 2021
cooooooks:
From your perspective, in your own analogy, X hates C but C doesn't hate X. So what is your vantage point in the analogy?

Why am asking is because you appear as the arbiter of what is false, correct in the analogy (you created the analogy so obviously you ARE the arbiter).

Who is the corresponding arbiter of truth in any ism?

Women's issues and plights and state and tangible solutions are things that can be objectively ascertained. Seeing and judging for yourself and aligning yourself with the truthful perspective is possible. And do you believe there very well are misogynists who can misrepresent and misunderstand, peddle lies about feminists?

3 Likes

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Magnoliaa(f): 4:09am On Aug 15, 2021
cooooooks:
There was no context as to who A, X, and C were. Just that they are friends.

I think in that case, it is safe to assume that they are adults or young adults who can end their friendship as a group or individual friendship with each other at any time. The same can't always be said about people in abusive relationships, work environments, or (especially) children.

If I have a friend and they hate me, I likely no longer have a friend. Can one hate their friend?

Are you redefining words again 'adding to the discussion' undecided ?

And what other context do you want me to provide?

The point is: if X hates C on untrue basis and believes C to hate them, when this is in fact not the case, does that make C an X-hater?

3 Likes

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Wawelexy(m): 4:13am On Aug 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I mean mentioned.. undecided

Do what if Divorce rate is high? If people want a Divorce, who are you to deny them that? Just as you have a right to marry anyone you chose it follows that you should also have the right to divorce as you chose. undecided

As for your claim that everything was created for a purpose, are you suggesting that those who find themselves living in a gutter should accept that as the purpose for which they were created, or something? undecided
............... What happen to them making their gutter glitter by working hard? See stop forming what you are not supposed to be.

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Magnoliaa(f): 4:32am On Aug 15, 2021
cooooooks:
For starters, there is no actual feminism to attack, in my view, because it is a nebulous term.

Even if there were a feminism to attack, I wouldn't want to attack.

I think there have to be women's rights advocates just as there have to be men's rights advocates.

Also, I am neither feminist, nor anti-feminist, nor red pill.

If I'm any "ist", or "ian", I'm a humanist and an egalitarian.

So what are you doing on this thread exactly? All your comments have been from what stance? What exactly are you arguing against? Or disagreeing with? If feminism is not a thing, feminists would not be as well. The term 'feminist' will simply be null and what you'll have is women who call themselves a word that means nothing. So why EXACTLY are you arguing with feminists or countering any body that is anti-feminist? If feminism means nothing to you, how exactly are you even conceptualizing anything? There should be nothing like a man-hating feminist to you. Just a man hater, so what's your grouse with the two terms 'feminism' and feminists?? You asked me who the arbiter of any ism is, it certainly cannot be you who knows what is right and truthful as well, so how can you tell feminists that their 'ism' isn't right? I'm still maintaining you have no basis to be coming for feminists and analyzing what they are doing or saying, even if you're judging by what they say/tell you. It is a contradictory rut. You claim feminism is not real (in your view!) ... and you're not anti-feminist... so I honestly don't get your purpose here. So what if a feminist tells you she's a women's rights advocate (and a redpiller tells you he's a men's rights advocate), what then? You're coming from a subjective stance to what to be speaking on what others do and practice. Did you suddenly disappear and became void when you were once a redpiller? For you to claim it's not a think now. Or when you used to follow their teachings? You're either a humanist or egalitarian(which will be contrary to your "no ism exist" belief), but since you said if, then okay. You're not a humanist or egalitarian.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by CutieKing: 5:35am On Aug 15, 2021
Feminism is what you make of it. It’s only strong on paper and non existent in reality.It’s more of self acclaimed.
Even at that, if I may ask, if feminism is a right,from whom are you demanding that from ?,is it from the government, or your employer,religious organizations (church/mosque) or family (marriage)?.
The pastors or other people making comments about this are only doing that in the context of marriage and we all know the biblical stands on this…. Man and woman are not equal. Simple !!!.

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by advanceDNA: 6:06am On Aug 15, 2021
cooooooks:
I don't think this comment is entirely logical. If toughchic is championing 'feminism' on NL, isn't she one of those who is championing the 'movement'? Why then does it not matter how she sees it?

Who are the people at the 'forefront'? (Also, is there a battlefield?)

U are totally entitled to your opinion of what u think aligns with logic or not....I try not argue on nairaland anymore becos I’ve noticed overtime people ignore context, and dialogues almost always become an insulting contest

...Nevertheless, you triggered me, so i’ll shoot a little...

..first, it’s possible for the view of a person a few persons to be different from the view of those championing a cause for a group whether the group was formed or naturally existing group like being female or male...it happens all the time ..in work place, political group, etc..

For example:
many individual Transgender women (I.e men that they are women) don’t support the idea that they should allowed to participate in natural biological women sport....

Why ? There is a reason women sports were created in the first place... that’s because men are not equal...men are stronger and it wasn't considered fair for women and men to compete on the same level because women will almost always come short...
But those championing the cause at national and international level have successfully pushed for trans women to compete. technically making trans women with men muscle, bone mass, to easily outwit real biological women...

Similarly....
the fight of feminism at national level isn’t who should be the head of the family ..... who give a flying fvck about who tags himself or herself the head of a house...? Oh!.the Nairaland feminist care about those things..

Like the transgender example I gave...is the lady you are defending among those at pushing for equal mix of men and women in work places..claiming women are not fairly represented But ignoring the biological nature of women in the expense of men and the company??

Is she among those clamoring for automatic seats for women at company’s board level at the expense of competence irrespective of the gender

The point is...the current feminism champions we have now are just disguising behind equality..it’s Only about power and an unhealthy competition with men..

because if they are all about equality and balanced ...they will also champion equal gender representation among plumbers, mechanic, soldiers, carpenters, auto insurance fee(which is by the way, cheaper for women than men in manat countries) post-child delivery leave..etc

Like I said these power hungry ideologies have rippled down to homes/ marriages where where Husbands and wives are supposed to be a team.... but people now raise funny issues like:

-why should I be the one to cook because I’m female...

-why should I submit to my husband (I always ask, how do women even submit to their husband that makes it tantamount to violating their rights or humanity)

-why should my child carry his father’s name and not the woman’s name...

-why should a child automatically come from his father’s state and not the woman’s state..

-I don’t have to take up my husband’s name...

Don’t get me wrong, husbands and wives can discuss whatever they want and the man can always take the woman’s name if he wishes...but why must it be a war of the sexes among people meant to be a team in marriage?
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by kaboninc(m): 6:40am On Aug 15, 2021
AmazonTopaz:
I am not attacking any religion but we gotta admit the obvious sexism. cheesy

I personally don't believe that leadership is in any gender,no it isn't,if that were true the African continent and Nigeria as it is being ruled by 90% men(fake statistics,but male dominated) would have been an Eldorado but we are not instead we are plagued with terrible leaders.

It is in view of this that I don't subscribe to male headship because some men have led their families to the ground and kukuma capsize the ship and caused a plane crash grin.
During Apostle Paul's time women were not leaders seen or even heard even if they were seen,they were not heard.The times are changing and we will change with the times.Leadership has nothing to do with gender and the capable hands should lead.Women should stop being taught to put themselves down for men,the men should be taught to see their wives as their partners and friends whom they should support and not bring down so as for them to feel that they are men.Your wife should not be your competition but your partner, instead of giving sermon to our women let us teach our men to be better men and husbands we should stop making excuses for them after all are they not the 'head of the family' grin

You have a fundamental problem of understanding. It's people like you that's the reason we have a lot of people with a distorted understanding of what feminism is.

Your profile says its not about men vs women thing but your posts here says the exact same thing. And it's about to just kill, crucify, destroy men. Just shut up already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Kobojunkie: 6:42am On Aug 15, 2021
Wawelexy:
............... What happen to them making their gutter glitter by working hard? See stop forming what you are not supposed to be.
They would have to look up in order to even imagine what their gutter could potentially look like, in that case. With head down, all they see is the decay that is living in the gutter and makes it hard to imagine better. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Kobojunkie: 6:44am On Aug 15, 2021
CutieKing:
Feminism is what you make of it. It’s only strong on paper and non existent in reality.It’s more of self acclaimed.
Even at that, if I may ask, if feminism is a right,from whom are you demanding that from ?,is it from the government, or your employer,religious organizations (church/mosque) or family (marriage)?.
The pastors or other people making comments about this are only doing that in the context of marriage and we all know the biblical stands on this…. Man and woman are not equal. Simple !!!.
Wrong! You don't get to come up with a personal definition for it..
fem·i·nism

the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by CutieKing: 7:21am On Aug 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Wrong! You don't get to come up with a personal definition for it..

Feminism
Political ideology
OverviewHistoryFeminist booksFeminist authorsTypesVideos
Main Results
Description
At its core, feminism is the belief in full social, economic, and political equality for women. Feminism largely arose in response to Western traditions that restricted the rights of women, but feminist thought has global manifestations and variations.

This is an extended definition of it from the dictionary but why it’s advocates now making this a talking point in the context of marriage ?.
Also , which societal practices do you want this right respected or accepted as I asked in my quoted post?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:40am On Aug 15, 2021
kaboninc:

You have a fundamental problem of understanding. It's people like you that's the reason we have a lot of people with a distorted understanding of what feminism is.

Your profile says its not about men vs women thing but your posts here says the exact same thing. And it's about to just kill, crucify, destroy men. Just shut up already.

You are the one with a problem of understanding.

I don't subscribe to male headship there is no two ways about it for me cool
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:42am On Aug 15, 2021
CutieKing:

Since it is non-existent in reality why are you worked up over nothing.
Keep deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:43am On Aug 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Please stop emotional babbling already!

All of those you mentioned are women who have expressed that they want to have equal rights as men in society, something you in your deluded state interpret instead to mean they want to be men. If they wanted to be men, then they could easily accomplish that by going under the knife, and not by agitating that the laws be changed for this purpose. undecided

Equal rights for both gender have been achieved in much of the developed world and is flourishing to date. Why many of you continue to use the word "impossible" to qualify is beyond me. Even more absurd is your fear or the other gender being given the same rights that you have enjoyed for so long. undecided

You won't ask for equal rights when it comes to hard labor? So women in that country who are already doing the same hard labor you speak of are doing what? Why must some of you resort to eejit level reasoning when discussing issues. What do you think the word EQUAL means? undecided

I am afraid that a mass re-education of the Nigerian male may be necessary in order to many of you properly process and realize that your existence as Lords over women was only an illusion created and maintained by the law. But now that the law is to be updated with the times, that delusion has to die and that illusion shattered so that as a people, Nigerians can too embrace a better and brighter future.undecided
kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:44am On Aug 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, equality has been achieved by law in many developed countries and both the male and female of the species are thriving under those laws. So I am not certain what you are still whining about. undecided

Cc cutieking that says feminism is non-existent

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Kobojunkie: 7:46am On Aug 15, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

Cc cutieking that says feminism is non-existent
Ignorance is no longer bliss... not when one lives in the age of information. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Kobojunkie: 7:53am On Aug 15, 2021
CutieKing:

Feminism
Political ideology
OverviewHistoryFeminist booksFeminist authorsTypesVideos
Main Results
Description
At its core, feminism is the belief in full social, economic, and political equality for women. Feminism largely arose in response to Western traditions that restricted the rights of women, but feminist thought has global manifestations and variations.

This is an extended definition of it from the dictionary but why it’s advocates now making this a talking point in the context of marriage ?.
Also , which societal practices do you want this right respected or accepted as I asked in my quoted post?
The reason why advocates make it a talking point in the context of marriage is likely because it is in marriage that the disparity is more clearly exhibited. E.g. a Nigerian woman looses much of her freedoms when a in marriage - this is culture in much of Nigeria. undecided

As the definition you posted explains, full social, economic, and political equality for women. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Wawelexy(m): 8:26am On Aug 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
They would have to look up in order to even imagine what their gutter could potentially look like, in that case. With head down, all they see is the decay that is living in the gutter and makes it hard to imagine better. undecided
........... Ok so u need to visit developed countries before u can make ur vicinity cool or what? Thanks to internet. Let me even ask? Are u a feminist or just a pro-feminist?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Kobojunkie: 11:44am On Aug 15, 2021
Wawelexy:
........... Ok so u need to visit developed countries before u can make ur vicinity cool or what? Thanks to internet. Let me even ask? Are u a feminist or just a pro-feminist?
I never said anything about visiting the developed countries. You came up with that all by yourself there. undecided

Feminist or pro-feminist? What, pray tell, is the difference? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Raalsalghul: 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2021
crackhaus:
Mtcheeeeeeeww...

Lol! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Reinventerd: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2021
okay
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Hathor5(f): 9:24am On Aug 18, 2021
There are many reasons for the attack, let me state the few that come to my mind first:

1. For men: They don't want to give up their position of power and privilege.

2. For ladies: They were raised/brainwashed to accept very low standards for themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by cooooooks(m): 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2021
I see your argument but I'm not perplexed about the argument itself.

The issue is, who are you arguing with?

Is there a committee of 'champions for feminism'? Or, like in your analogy, 'champions for trans rights'? Even if a group calls themselves this name, do all self acclaimed feminists or trans people know about, support or even care about this "committee of champions"?

You've got to discuss with the person in front of you. If you argue with the nonexistent committee of champions, the person in front of you either has to defend people who are not them or, as is often the case, call you misinformed and say those committee of champions are not "real feminists" or "real trans people".

You essentially will be arguing with yourself.

Cheers and have fun.
advanceDNA:

U are totally entitled to your opinion of what u think aligns with logic or not....I try not argue on nairaland anymore becos I’ve noticed overtime people ignore context, and dialogues almost always become an insulting contest

...Nevertheless, you triggered me, so i’ll shoot a little...

..first, it’s possible for the view of a person a few persons to be different from the view of those championing a cause for a group whether the group was formed or naturally existing group like being female or male...it happens all the time ..in work place, political group, etc..

For example:
many individual Transgender women (I.e men that they are women) don’t support the idea that they should allowed to participate in natural biological women sport....

Why ? There is a reason women sports were created in the first place... that’s because men are not equal...men are stronger and it wasn't considered fair for women and men to compete on the same level because women will almost always come short...
But those championing the cause at national and international level have successfully pushed for trans women to compete. technically making trans women with men muscle, bone mass, to easily outwit real biological women...

Similarly....
the fight of feminism at national level isn’t who should be the head of the family ..... who give a flying fvck about who tags himself or herself the head of a house...? Oh!.the Nairaland feminist care about those things..

Like the transgender example I gave...is the lady you are defending among those at pushing for equal mix of men and women in work places..claiming women are not fairly represented But ignoring the biological nature of women in the expense of men and the company??

Is she among those clamoring for automatic seats for women at company’s board level at the expense of competence irrespective of the gender

The point is...the current feminism champions we have now are just disguising behind equality..it’s Only about power and an unhealthy competition with men..

because if they are all about equality and balanced ...they will also champion equal gender representation among plumbers, mechanic, soldiers, carpenters, auto insurance fee(which is by the way, cheaper for women than men in manat countries) post-child delivery leave..etc

Like I said these power hungry ideologies have rippled down to homes/ marriages where where Husbands and wives are supposed to be a team.... but people now raise funny issues like:

-why should I be the one to cook because I’m female...

-why should I submit to my husband (I always ask, how do women even submit to their husband that makes it tantamount to violating their rights or humanity)

-why should my child carry his father’s name and not the woman’s name...

-why should a child automatically come from his father’s state and not the woman’s state..

-I don’t have to take up my husband’s name...

Don’t get me wrong, husbands and wives can discuss whatever they want and the man can always take the woman’s name if he wishes...but why must it be a war of the sexes among people meant to be a team in marriage?

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by cooooooks(m): 4:01pm On Aug 18, 2021
*bye. wink

Magnoliaa:

Okay. By. So answer the question.
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by efficiencie(m): 6:05pm On Aug 18, 2021
When as a woman your father is a drunkard, your boyfriend is a tout, your uncle is a fraudster, your fiance is a leech that lives of you and your sons loiter the streets with nothing meaningful to do, you will easily be a feminist. Feminism is the pill you give to women surrounded by idiots who call themselves men but when you are surrounded by real men you will have zero incentive to be a feminist.

A real man looks after his own. A real man provides support for his own. A real man is sober. A real man takes responsibility for his actions. A real man empowers everyone around him to best of his capacity. A real man provides leadership. A real man has a impressive following among his family and friends...a real man gets the submission of his wife effortlessly. A real man makes feminism unnecessary!

We can thank the masculine idiots for the rise of feminism!
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by advanceDNA: 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2021
cooooooks:
I see your argument but I'm not perplexed about the argument itself.

The issue is, who are you arguing with?

Is there a committee of 'champions for feminism'? Or, like in your analogy, 'champions for trans rights'? Even if a group calls themselves this name, do all self acclaimed feminists or trans people know about, support or even care about this "committee of champions"?

You've got to discuss with the person in front of you. If you argue with the nonexistent committee of champions, the person in front of you either has to defend people who are not them or, as is often the case, call you misinformed and say those committee of champions are not "real feminists" or "real trans people".

You essentially will be arguing with yourself.

Cheers and have fun.

Perplex u?? Why on earth do you think I give a flying fvck about perplexing you with my comment...

U technically insulted me saying I’m not logical.
I explained every part and context of my comment and u asked me who I’m arguing with.....u see why I was resisting entering a dialogue...anyways...enjoy the rest of your day
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by cooooooks(m): 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2021
Have a good day. It seems communication between us was muddled.

Also get over yourself. Nobody knows you or is trying to insult you. The world ain't after you bro.

Cheers.

advanceDNA:

Perplex u?? Why on earth do you think I give a flying fvck about perplexing you with my comment...

U technically insulted me saying I’m not logical.
I explained every part and context of my comment and u asked me who I’m arguing with.....u see why I was resisting entering a dialogue...anyways...enjoy the rest of your day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Child Benefit:to Tithe Or Not / Her Husband Won't Talk To Her. / 1 Million Naira A Month - We Finally Got A House In Manchester UK

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.