Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) (3521 Views)

Marrying A Feminist / "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri / 15 Signs That You Are Under The Attack Of A Spirit Husband And Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by advanceDNA: 6:51pm On Aug 18, 2021
cooooooks:
Have a good day. It seems communication between us was muddled.

Also get over yourself. Nobody knows you or is trying to insult you. The world ain't after you bro.

Cheers.

Guy...why are all your comments Patronizing ...you told me my comments doesn’t flow with logic...it’s like calling someone irrational...I ddnt get angry but explain...yet you are calling paranoid...jeez!
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2021
efficiencie:
When as a woman your father is a drunkard, your boyfriend is a tout, your uncle is a fraudster, your fiance is a leech that lives of you and your sons loiter the streets with nothing meaningful to do, you will easily be a feminist. Feminism is the pill you give to women surrounded by idiots who call themselves men but when you are surrounded by real men you will have zero incentive to be a feminist.

A real man looks after his own. A real man provides support for his own. A real man is sober. A real man takes responsibility for his actions. A real man empowers everyone around him to best of his capacity. A real man provides leadership. A real man has a impressive following among his family and friends...a real man gets the submission of his wife effortlessly. A real man makes feminism unnecessary!

We can thank the masculine idiots for the rise of feminism!
While the statement in bold seems logical enough, not all women are dependent on men or care to live that way, and so feminism is not just a pill for only women surrounded by eejits. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Acidosis(m): 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2021
What's your opinion about radical feminist's view of biological reproduction? smiley When women under the guise of feminism begin to challenge or ask why women give birth instead of men, you expect the average Nigerian man or woman to accept that movement? How do you tell the average baby-bump loving family to adopt that movement?

Of course, there are many other issues that affect women today which feminism seeks to challenge but hey, do we really need "feminism" to address ra.pe, abuse, pay parity?? There are a number of institutions already fighting for women's rights and the pioneers aren't even feminists.

If you feel you have to belong to a group of feminists before you do the right thing as a human, then something is fundamentally wrong.

Appreciate your femininity as a woman; don't let anyone lie to you. Like masculinity, femininity is what you should embrace, not feminism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by ImaIma1(f): 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2021
The kind of feminism we see here is SINGLE ladies with animosity towards men. They rubbish the main aim of the feminism movement. They act like heartbroken and bitter people, always ready to spew and pounce on negativity about men.

They are at the fore front of the "men are scum" association. It's about hating men; usually very toxic in nature. Just recently a popular "men are scum" leader and feminist (Bianze) got married and it raised a lot of eyebrows.

These class of feminists are quick to denounce feminism when they finally find a man that scatters their brains with love.

Feminism is much more and very different from all of this, but that's what we get here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by cooooooks(m): 9:23pm On Aug 18, 2021
Not my intention and I'm always happy to improve my communication skills.

I'll try again.

Debate the particular feminist and not the 'movement'. What, the person can easily disavow your points

advanceDNA:

Guy...why are all your comments Patronizing ...you told me my comments doesn’t flow with logic...it’s like calling someone irrational...I ddnt get angry but explain...yet you are calling paranoid...jeez!
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by efficiencie(m): 10:06pm On Aug 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
While the statement in bold seems logical enough, not all women are dependent on men or care to live that way, and so feminism is not just a pill for only women surrounded by eejits. undecided

Yeah right! "Independent woman" is the catch phrase describing women who have lived under oppression for years and have one way or the other obtained freedom. If a woman was never oppressed she will not seek independence because she would already have it. You don't seek what you already have. I believe that most of the women that claim to be a feminist have been victims of oppression in one way or the other...but when you are surrounded by great thinkers, mentors, teachers, coaches, guardians and leaders as men you will have no trouble submitting to their guidance, leadership and wisdom.

Irresponsible and foolish men are the sole drivers of feminism. These are the men who think having a deek is all it takes to be a man. Ironically it is these same foolish men that these feminists envy. Feminist envy the fact that foolish men do whatever they life whenever they like. Feminists envy the fact that foolish men get to do stupid things and get away with it and would like to enjoy the same privilege. Feminist want to be equal to men who sacrifice family and parenting on the altar of career success. Feminists want to be equal to men whose inordinate desire and ambition for fame, power and wealth have led them down paths that have constituted a threat to themselves, their families, their communities and their nations. Feminists would like to enjoy the transient pleasures that foolish men enjoy!

Feminists have been surrounded by foolish men so much that they have chosen foolishness as a way of life!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2021
efficiencie:

Yeah right! "Independent woman" is the catch phrase describing women who have lived under oppression for years and have one way or the other obtained freedom. If a woman was never oppressed she will not seek independence because she would already have it. You don't seek what you already have. I believe that most of the women that claim to be a feminist have been victims of oppression in one way or the other...but when you are surrounded by great thinkers, mentors, teachers, coaches, guardians and leaders as men you will have no trouble submitting to their guidance, leadership and wisdom. !
Well, If you put it that way, sure! When you have existed under a regime that determines you a subclass citizen in your own country, simply on grounds that you weren’t born with extra meat hanging down between your legs, sure you are bound to be frustrated and oppressed and yearn for freedom from it all. undecided

But it is not right to paint all feminists as women who have been directly oppressed in direct relationships with men and are seeking independence from them in some way. No, feminism is about ceasing to be regarded as subclass citizens and achieving equal rights that are availed the male gender. undecided

I say this because I believe men have the right to be foolish, irresponsible, and downright slowpoke too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by efficiencie(m): 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Well, If you put it that way, sure! When you have existed under a regime that determines you a subclass citizen in your own country, simply on grounds that you weren’t born with extra meat hanging down between your legs, sure you are bound to be frustrated and oppressed and yearn for freedom from it all. undecided

But it is not right to paint all feminists as women who have been directly oppressed in direct relationships with men and are seeking independence from them in some way. No, feminism is about ceasing to be regarded as subclass citizens and achieving equal rights that are availed the male gender. undecided

I say this because I believe men have the right to be foolish, irresponsible, and downright slowpoke too.

The bolded clearly shows some level of oppression. If ladies were not regarded as "subclass citizens" and have the so called "equal rights" they will have nothing to fight for. Absolutely nothing. Your statement thereby proves my point that the oppression of the women is the basis for feminism. Just as the oppression of men led to the MGTOW movement as well.
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Kobojunkie: 12:57pm On Aug 19, 2021
efficiencie:

The bolded clearly shows some level of oppression. If ladies were not regarded as "subclass citizens" and have the so called "equal rights" they will have nothing to fight for. Absolutely nothing. Your statement thereby proves my point that the oppression of the women is the basis for feminism. Just as the oppression of men led to the MGTOW movement as well.
Oppression is indeed a leading reason but not an only reason. undecided

Women yearn to be regarded as equals as their existence is known to be of equal importance to the human race as that of men. So, even in your utopic land where women are second-class citizens but all the men wise and responsible beings, there will still be those women who want that second-class citizenship status revoked and given the same right as the other gender so they too can freely exist as the men do, even if that existence is live in squalor. undecided

Even a happy slave, whose master pampers him, yearns from time to time to sit as his master does, and even wear the same hat as he does. undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by AlphaTaikun: 10:49pm On Mar 19, 2022
ImaIma1:
The kind of feminism we see here is SINGLE ladies with animosity towards men. They rubbish the main aim of the feminism movement. They act like heartbroken and bitter people, always ready to spew and pounce on negativity about men.

They are at the fore front of the "men are scum" association. It's about hating men; usually very toxic in nature. Just recently a popular "men are scum" leader and feminist (Bianze) got married and it raised a lot of eyebrows.

These class of feminists are quick to denounce feminism when they finally find a man that scatters their brains with love.

Feminism is much more and very different from all of this, but that's what we get here.
@Imalma1,
You're wise and have an elavated
undertanding of what's going on. BALANCE is the keyword here!

Some of the extremist feminist
views are coming from those from broken homes or experienced
TRAUMA from broken romantic affairs, and they NEVER bonded with their fathers while growing
up. (The same can be said about violent, bossy and insecure young and older men who themselves may be on hard drugs or have seen their mothers experience verbal or domestic violence).

What the young women (and men) should be emphasizing here and offline is HUMANISM, self-love and respect for mankind.
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by kazyhm(m): 11:36pm On Mar 19, 2022
traihit:
To me, you're free to get as far as you want to get whether you're a man or a woman. The world is at your feet and you should not be denied of the benefits of being human.

However, when we allow privilege for women to override men's freedom, were creating another unequal society. Moreover, if feminism is tearing marriages apart, why don't we restrict feminism to the office space and leave it out of the home instead of creating a toxic world.

Which is better, a world where men would gladly give up their rights to honour women or a world where men would be coerced into making women higher than themselves and thereby building up anger and bitterness within?

As for marriage, I go by the school of 'whatever rocks your boat'. Shey marriage is the agreement of a man and a woman? Let them choose what's best for them. If I don't like feminism, I go far from feminists and if I like it, I go for them.

Don't feel intimidated whether feminism is supported or not. Do your own thing.

Very good point. I personally don't take feminist serious because in actual sense, the movement didn't review anything new to human relationship as they claim. The women that endure whatever they term bad in marriage knew what they were doing.....and they understand the purpose of doing such...... feminist only achieved criminalization of sacrifices in relationships/marriages.

Feminist also understand the deficiency in women against men hence, pretending to be fighting for a good cause by demanding standards be lowered for their inclusion in everything. The aftermath of the demands is that mediocrity should over-run competency. And as you can see, they won't even stop there, they're selling the idea that women are far better in decision making yet don't want to prove it by competing on a level playing ground, but want incentive and they want that to be included in the law..........feminists are simply double standard advocate.

Infact, I watch on sunrise daily on channels....the women was talking about car seatbelt was designed against women...that was on this last international woman's day.

They can't even constructively defend the movement without comparing themselves with men......and paint black virtually everything men created through blood and sweat......and they wonder why reasonable men will not support the movement.

They claimed gender roles is a social construct....but can't provide statistical proves to back the claim.......

A sport competition in the UK experimented this theory of gender makeup........this same gender equality society start crying foul that men wins women football championship.

I was watching sky news the other day....the female soldier was claiming there is no conventional war anymore, therefore rigorous soldier grilling is of no use hence, should be abolished... because it affects women biology makeup, tremendous weight loss in women, reduced the chance of getting pregnant...etc which discourages women from joining special units in the military.......

Who want to be dragged into the pronoun debate going on in the UK ? Credit to feminist.
Women will continuously demanding for handouts rather than start producing results with the one they've gotten.

They claimed leadership is not gender base however, no law prevent them from voting and be voted for in the past 60years of Nigeria independence.......

It is even amazing how they excluded women that have messed up in leadership position in the past........but focused on men..that have contributed far more positively to the society.

I don't respond to feminist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by GloriousGbola: 12:43am On Mar 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Oppression is indeed a leading reason but not an only reason. undecided

Women yearn to be regarded as equals as their existence is known to be of equal importance to the human race as that of men. So, even in your utopic land where women are second-class citizens but all the men wise and responsible beings, there will still be those women who want that second-class citizenship status revoked and given the same right as the other gender so they too can freely exist as the men do, even if that existence is live in squalor. undecided

Even a happy slave, whose master pampers him, yearns from time to time to sit as his master does, and even wear the same hat as he does. undecided

Every person ultimately wants control of their own destiny, even if they will Bleep it up. Also, eventually you come to realise the overlords are not actually that much smarter or better or deserving than you, which is why colonised states started agitating for independence.

When you go to obodo oyibo and see that the noisy District officer is just a bloke at the bottom of a pecking chain and not as omniscient as he pretends to be
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by theTranslator: 1:14pm On Apr 14, 2022
Klass99:

This part just off me, lol grin

That must have been a bad day and experience for the man.

To have one woman school or insult them, is bad enough! To now have more than one woman do it, in one setting, must have been an ego destruction!

You terrorist feminists emasculated that man o! Not nice, not nice at all...gringrin
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by theTranslator: 1:21pm On Apr 14, 2022
What I know is that most contemporary feminists (often the loudest) just want to take the position of the present man. They don't really want equality they want superiority.
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by pansophist(m): 2:07am On Apr 15, 2022
The irony is that women that called themselves feminist don't practice feminism. Infact, men are feminist by actions, but women are by words. Show me a woman that really wants 100% equality and I'll show you a hero.

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:17pm On Feb 15
Where Folake4u and Magnoliaa.

E don tey oo.

How una dey? grin
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by folake4u(f): 3:28pm On Feb 15
AmazonTopaz:
Where Folake4u and Magnoliaa.

E don tey oo.

How una dey? grin

Happy New Year to you. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:43pm On Feb 15
folake4u:

Happy New Year to you. cheesy
Same to you o. grin

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by folake4u(f): 4:44pm On Feb 15
AmazonTopaz:

Same to you o. grin

I hope you've been good?

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Eunoiaa(f): 5:22pm On Feb 15
AmazonTopaz:
Where Folake 4u and Magno liaa.

E don tey oo.

How una dey? grin

👀👀👀👀

Queen Mother. cheesy

It's truly been ages.

Mortals have been boring me largely; been chilling with the gods.

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by CHRISTFUCKER: 5:34pm On Feb 15
Nothing like feminism

Just a bunch of bittered man hating lesbos with daddy's issues galavanting under the canopy of feminazism

The truth is men and women are not equal, they can never be equal

1 Share

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Jman06(m): 5:37pm On Feb 15
What we have in Nigeria are pseudo feminists who like to think they're feminists whilst still clutching tightly to all the undue benefits patriarchy gave to women. If you claim to be a feminist whilst still wanting men to fight wars alone, provide for family alone, open car doors for you, pay your bride price, come out at night and face anything threatening the family etc, you're nothing but a confused human being and should go to hell with your feminism.

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:34pm On Feb 16
Eunoiaa:

👀👀👀👀

Queen Mother. cheesy

It's truly been ages.

Mortals have been boring me largely; been chilling with the gods.
I greet you.
Queen maker.

I have outgrown Nairaland.
Trust you are doing well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:34pm On Feb 16
folake4u:

I hope you've been good?
Yes.
I am ok. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by folake4u(f): 11:39pm On Feb 16
AmazonTopaz:

Yes.
I am ok. Thank you.

Glad to hear that.

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by pussyphilia(m): 11:53am On Feb 17
My problem with you Nigerian feminists is that you don't want to take the mantle of leadership and control in marriage and relationships, but will still expect men to do that. There are submissive men like us who'll want to be under your control but you'll prefer going for the anti feminists patriarchal men. Such men can never allow you to thrive as feminists.
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Eunoiaa(f): 5:30pm On Feb 17
AmazonTopaz:
I greet you.
Queen maker.

I have outgrown Nairaland.
Trust you are doing well.

Quite understandable. cheesy

I'm great! I hope you're doing beautiful as well.

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:04am On Feb 19
Eunoiaa:

Quite understandable. cheesy

I'm great! I hope you're doing beautiful as well.
Yes, I am thank you. Have a blessed week.

1 Like

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by pocohantas(f): 10:28am On Feb 19
Jman06:
What we have in Nigeria are pseudo feminists who like to think they're feminists whilst still clutching tightly to all the undue benefits patriarchy gave to women. If you claim to be a feminist whilst still wanting men to fight wars alone, provide for family alone, open car doors for you, pay your bride price, come out at night and face anything threatening the family etc, you're nothing but a confused human being and should go to hell with your feminism.

It is your fellow men constituting nuisance by robbing and making earth inhabitable. It is your fellow men that created bride price and are the recipient. Men makeup 98% of lawmakers. So if you guys are tired of paying bride price, please abolish it. If you are tired of going to war, stop causing trouble. You are not going out to fight women. But men like you that you never call to order until they become national demons.

Most households in Nigeria are two income. The few that are one income most times have the woman handling the home.

So I wonder why you make life difficult for yourselves, only to blame "pseudo feminist".

4 Likes

Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Jman06(m): 12:13pm On Feb 19
pocohantas:

It is your fellow men constituting nuisance by robbing and making earth inhabitale. It is your fellow men that created bride price and are the recipient. Men makeup 98% of lawmakers. So if you guys are tired of paying bride price, please abolish it. If you are tired of going to war, stop causing trouble. You are not going out to fight women. But men like you that you never call to order until they become national demons.

Most households in Nigeria are two income. The few that are one income most times have the woman handling the home.

Pseudo feminist indeed. Like he has ever opened a car door for a puppy, let alone woman.
When Queen Elizabeth 1 sent British soldiers to invade and conquer Nigeria, I guess she was a man? Nations go to wars and for different reasons and women can also instigate wars.

You can start your feminism by telling your father and his kinsmen not to collect bride price whenever you're getting married.

I have opened car doors for my women on several occasions and I have also pampered them in many other ways. So, I wonder how you managed to know that I have never opened car doors for a woman.
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by pocohantas(f): 12:56pm On Feb 19
Jman06:
When Queen Elizabeth 1 sent British soldiers to invade and conquer Nigeria, I guess she was a man? Nations go to wars and for different reasons and women can also instigate wars.

You can start your feminism by telling your father and his kinsmen not to collect bride price whenever you're getting married.

I have opened car doors for my women on several occasions and I have also pampered them in many other ways. So, I wonder how you managed to know that I have never opened car doors for a woman.

I don't need to start because he has no semblance to you that delights in whining on Nairaland. He also knows bride price is a symbol of commitment. Not a proof of ownership. If you don't want to pay, there are many women willing to cohabit. There are also men that can marry you. Stop acting like you must pay bride price. Options abound!

Then stop opening. They didn't force you. Or take your complain to the women you opened door for. You didn't open door for any feminist and 99.9% of Nigerian men do not open car doors for women.
Re: Why The Attack On Feminism?(a Feminist Perspective) by Jman06(m): 1:07pm On Feb 19
pocohantas:

I don't need to start because he has no semblance to you that delights in whining on Nairaland. He also knows bride price is a symbol of commitment. Not a proof of ownership. If you don't want to pay, there are many women willing to cohabit. There are also men that can marry you. Stop acting like you must pay bride price. Options abound!

Then stop opening. They didn't force you. Or take your complain to the women you opened door for. You didn't open door for any feminist and 99.9% of Nigerian men do not open car doors for women.
You see, you now termed it symbol of commitment! Incase you don't know, bride price is symbol of ownership in our African setting. That is a man's wife is seen as his property. The white people you copy in your feminism nonsense don't pay bride price. Feminists in the western world don't relax their aszes and expect men to carry their responsibilities like the pseudo feminists in Nigeria.

Don't worry poco my love, I'm ready to bend my rules, open car doors for you and also pamper you in many other ways. You know I love you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Thinking Of Getting Married But Living Apart For Now / Are Presents Dads And Moms Of Today Better Than Their Fathers And Mothers / Me And My Children --- A Short Story!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.