Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,407 members, 7,850,450 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:34 PM

What's The Obsession With Phone Apps? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Obsession With Phone Apps? (364 Views)

MY OPINION: Obsession With SA Women - Nigerians Only Get Scraps / My Secret Obsession With Impregnating Another Man's Wife / Obsession With My Girlfriend Is Tearing Me Apart. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Obsession With Phone Apps? by Premiumwriter2: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2021
Recently, I've started noticing website owners always trying to force people to browse their websites on their mobile app instead of doing so in a browser.

If you are a frequent user of Quora, Reddit and other popular forums, you'll probably have noticed this.

A lot of times, you can't move from your Google search results to read contents on these websites directly without them asking you to switch to their mobile apps. Some even make it almost impossible for you to read some contents if you don't make the switch.

I don't know about other users but I find this really frustrating and annoying. I mean, what's the point of switching from my browser to download and install your app just because I want to reach content on your website.

It just doesn't make any sense. We all know where the Play store and App store are. If we want your app, we know where to go find them. Put the notification that you have an app and a suggestion if we want to switch for better experience. Forcing it down our throat is not the definition of a better experience to me.

Worst, is that I have other important tabs open. If every one start doing that, shey pesin go fit do research like this?

I just hope nairaland doesn't try this in the nearest future tho.
Re: What's The Obsession With Phone Apps? by Monogamy: 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2021
Most of those apps are privacy information stealers..

They would sell your number, your data to highest bidders
Re: What's The Obsession With Phone Apps? by Goodlyhrt(m): 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2021
Monogamy:
Most of those apps are privacy information stealers..

They would sell your number, your data to highest bidders
That's true. The data market is rife.. I mean its all for the Benjamin's.
Re: What's The Obsession With Phone Apps? by FalseOracle50: 4:26am On Aug 15, 2021
Did you miss a good opportunity? Recieve a second chance right now in Jesus name

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think About Peku Dating Website ? / Please Enlightening Me On Use Of The Antiretroviral Drug / Chicken Manages To Dominate Stubborn Snake (VIRAL VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.