Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,744 members, 7,959,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:02 PM

If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married (45523 Views)

My Husband Hasn't Touched Me For More Than A Year / Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! / Public Notice By Housewife Who Hasn't Cheated On Her Husband For 29 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by Rockride: 8:13am On Aug 16, 2021
Married wrong... if he married the woman for him then d reversed would be d story. I can tell you several people I know.
yomi007k:
ANY MAN THAT TRIES THIS WILL SHED TEARS AND BLOOD.

I KNOW A GUY THAT DID IT AND HE NOW LIVES MORE LIKE A STREET URCHIN.
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by sparko1(m): 8:35am On Aug 16, 2021
saphiere:
[s][/s]The Bible said so and not a motivational speaker.

Madame the Bible didn't say so, the bible said he who finds a wife, not when! It's only two good head that's is better than one, two thousand bad head is less than one.
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by jmichael259(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2021
saphiere:
Facts.

I know some men who did not amount to anything but as soon as they got married they are now doing well. Two of them are landlords and all of them are car owners.

Indeed women are blessings.

What did they do differently that changed their situation after marriage?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by FullBlastLight: 10:33am On Aug 16, 2021
Aidejay:
What that guy wrote is NaanSense, but as e don quote bible verse put una go swallow am. I pity anybody that takes such things seriously, you forget all men are not the same,
all fingers are not equal,
cut your cloth according to your size,
one man's meat is another man's poison.
E work for johnny no mean say e go work for jona.

I can only wonder why u think it won't work 4 u too, while it worked 4 some!

Pessimists everywhere!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by djon78(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2021
ityP:

No one brings anyone luck. Stop deceiving yourself. When Prov. 14:1 says a wise woman builds her home, it didn't even connote financial building. No woman is tied to my financial success. There are so many single men who are financially successful. You people should stop misquoting the scriptures

It is not good that a man should be alone, I will make him an helpmeet
Thats What God Said in Genesis

Woman was created with a purpose by God

Woman was made for man as. Put by Apostle Paul

There is a value a true woman brings To a Man's life
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by ityP(m): 11:28am On Aug 16, 2021
djon78:

It is not good that a man should be alone, I will make him an helpmeet
Thats What God Said in Genesis

Woman was created with a purpose by God

Woman was made for man as. Put by Apostle Paul

There is a value a true woman brings To a Man's life

So, your Lord and Saviour that was single till death is a fool abi? Or the apostle Paul that actively encouraged singleness no get sense abi? Stop quoting Bible anyhow
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by djon78(m): 11:28am On Aug 16, 2021
Nauttyprof:

So, when a wise woman builds her home it means she is the custodian of favour. Read your Bible to understand the way God operates and stop coming up with examples that Bible never gave.

I have asked you a simple question - Men don't have grace or favour, right? I will be waiting for your response to this question.

Bible says ........ and obtains favour from God. Now, it is no more God but the woman. Na wa o.....

When you find your own wife, you get the favour from God and not the woman bringing favour and then making the man look like one without favour.

The woman coming into your life unlocks that favour

God that made it did it for a reason

Like I said
I have seen this scenario many times without number

There was this dude unmarried and he was well advancing in age mid Forties
He was from the East living in Lagos
Things where very tough for him for over 12 years
Never went home

His people were begging that he should come and find a wife
After like some years he traveled back and took a wife

Few months he came back to Lagos after marriage he got a major contact that opened mega door of business for him

I have seen this play out times and times again
So enough of this argument

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by djon78(m): 11:32am On Aug 16, 2021
ityP:

So, your Lord and Saviour that was single till death is a fool abi? Or the apostle Paul that actively encouraged singleness no get sense abi? Stop quoting Bible anyhow

Jesus and Apostle Paul were exceptional because they had very unique ministry

Everyother person in the Bible married

If you don't want to marry it's ok for you

But don't come and be spreading deception

God created marriage
It was not man that created it
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by ityP(m): 11:36am On Aug 16, 2021
djon78:

God created marriage

But even the apostle Paul actively promoted singleness, not withstanding anyone's unique ministry. I no argue say na God create marriage but to paint singleness as something "not of God" is so out of place. Make Una no dey quote Bible anyhow
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by ityP(m): 11:42am On Aug 16, 2021
djon78:

Like I said

Never went home

Few months he came back to Lagos after marriage he got a major contact that opened mega door of business for him

The richest man in the world Jeff Bezos is single. Also, I know so many men who, despite the fact that they were struggling and hence not ready for marriage, because of strong head, went and married, na so so garri they and their family dey chop. One of them, his first son, who is barely 12 don become bread winner. His siblings are following suit. Na that kind life you dey encourage people make e live. Una wicked

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by Nauttyprof(m): 11:47am On Aug 16, 2021
djon78:

Like I said

Never went home

You have changed the narrative now. This is the point I have been trying to pass across. It is not that the woman brings the favour but that the man found a (good) wife, God then favours him.

I just wanted to correct your initial notion of making it seem as if the woman is the carrier of the favour. Everyone is favoured by God either male or female. This is the essence of grace. The only added advantage is you now having a good wife. You receive favour from God for the union.
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2021
Na credit dem go use marry? Mr Kayfish.
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by Bamzyriches451: 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2021
Marriage is over hyped

We real niggaz won't listen to this pussy ass advise
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by AAbuja: 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2021
This is not advisable except you have a family who is supportive

1 Like

Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by Aidejay(m): 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2021
FullBlastLight:

I can only wonder why u think it won't work 4 u too, while it worked 4 some!

Pessimists everywhere!
grin wait, you call this pessimism?
And marriage based on financial difficulty is optimistic?
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by tellmemore15: 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2021
Very interesting how people quote the Bible to suit their perticular need. If you quote the Bible for marriage then both you and the girl should follow biblical principles as a life style else, you'll pick a cursed woman and destroy your life for ever.

When God talks, he talks to his children. Are you a child of God?
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by gforce5: 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2021
Nigerians love poverty. In fact, they flirt with it. In a country where there's no adequate social welfare scheme (trader money is a scam), why would any rational person do that to himself/herself? In a country where plantain is now an expensive commodity, why would any sane man who cannot even feed himself property add to his suffering? Don't you want better for yourself?? Look at the cost of rent, food, transportation and cloths. While I agree that not everyone will become rich, you should at least be comfortable before you decide to take on responsibilities. There are many married men who are thousands of Naira in debt borrowing money from friends and family in order to provide for their own family.

Do you know how many unemployed youths are roaming the streets with no support system? You are now telling them that marriage can solve their poverty? Africans man....you lots are so archaic in thinking.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2021
saphiere:
Facts.

I know some men who did not amount to anything but as soon as they got married they are now doing well. Two of them are landlords and all of them are car owners.

Can you give your daughter in marriage to those any man that is not doing well and hasn't amount to anything in life
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by hstar: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ok
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by KayCee92(m): 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2021
saphiere:
Facts.

Lol, all shades of wrong. Generalization based on isolated or single event. I don laugh tire grin
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by Gaddafih001(m): 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2021
Hassanmaye:

I will take this advice very serious sir, and sadly remain small for me to make this mistake, I have this girl she almost age to me, when I was in the university we didn't date,. All of sudden during NYSC she becomes an angel she wants me bla bla, Chai I started falling o, God has save me from jazebel.
Of course.
Swhen I tell young men to be patient with themselves, they get surprised.

Be patient.

Women are here forever.

In fact, the most beautiful one meant for you is not yet born.

Build your value. Follow your goals.

Learn from us who have been there before.

Every day in my late 30s, I meet beautiful women who want to taste a slice of me.

Be patient.
My poppsy told me this but I thought he was goofing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by Gaddafih001(m): 5:51pm On Aug 16, 2021
Hassanmaye:

I will take this advice very serious sir, and sadly remain small for me to make this mistake, I have this girl she almost age to me, when I was in the university we didn't date,. All of sudden during NYSC she becomes an angel she wants me bla bla, Chai I started falling o, God has save me from jazebel.
If you are not her choice in her prime,definitely you are her prey now.
Open your eyes and flee.
Don’t even test her kpomo.
She came prepared.
Be wise or else you will turn to a sad philosopher.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by Hassanmaye(m): 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2021
Gaddafih001:

If you are not her choice in her prime,definitely you are her prey now.
Open your eyes and flee.
Don’t even test her kpomo.
She came prepared.
Be wise or else you will turn to a sad philosopher.
Thanks for this philosophy it will take years for some men to learn o

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by FullBlastLight: 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
Aidejay:
grin wait, you call this pessimism?
And marriage based on financial difficulty is optimistic?

No condition is permanent, bro!

Situation changes; things change!

In d final analysis, it shal be 2 everyone according 2 their faith or fear!
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by Austineva2: 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2021
saphiere:
I advise them to marry independent women.
d independent women that will end up using us and converting us to mere houseboy abi grin grin.
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by cooooooks(m): 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2021
Lovely to hear that.

I am of the strong opinion that most Nigerians are either non religious or so incredibly apathetic that they are essentially non religious.

KrazyDave16:

I have left it for those who wants to be "enlightened".

I cannot come and kill myself over something that early christians twisted to the point that one cannot tell which came before or which is true.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by iamL(f): 10:35am On Aug 19, 2021
djon78:

God created marriage

Who told Everyother person in the Bible married?

Jeremiah, Timothy, Japetha daughter, philips daughters, Elijah, Elisha, John the Baptist, Stephen, Naboth, Apostle John were all single too.

The bible did not endourse Marriage or singleness is a personal decision.
Some of have that gift of self-control while others don't so up to everyone.
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by BluntCrazeMan: 5:39am On Aug 21, 2021
saphiere:
Facts.

Would you marry an advanced guy who had struggled all his youthful life away and he has almost absolutely nothing to show for all his struggles and hustles??
Just for you to prove a silly gender-based point, you're saying something that contradicts your own stance for all these while.
Re: If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married by AntiNigerian: 1:02pm On May 20
I pity any unemploy or underpay guy who will try this. Things are too cost. 10 k is not enough for me a week as a single guy talk more a married unemployed or underpaid guy. Never allow anyone to advise you about issue of marriage. Even your parents can't decide for you. A friend of mine who married immediately after servicing with a teaching job is seriously regretting it now. This guy hardly take 3 square meal a day. For how long will he continues like this? Marriage is not a competition. Make sure you have a consistent daily or monthly income before entering into it .Cooking gas is now #550/kg.
this is the year 2024. Cooking Gas is now ₦1200 or more

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To My Little Princess / Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-Pin(s) To Their Clothes/wears? / Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.