Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies (15095 Views)

Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? / Why Do Doctors Start Federal Job On Level 12? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by highoctane: 5:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
Oviebright:
I'm 24 years of age finished nysc and graduated a couple of years ago. Job searching but nothing tangible out of it.

I'm opportuned as my family members are ready to sponsor me to study abroad but we're not rich just a average Nigeria family who can raise funds to do it. But the thing is that I'm having double minds as to whether to lobby and pay for a federal government job or start making plans to leave naija but the problem is that the money is there but no connect there.

What do you think I should decide ON?

Whether to stay in naija and lobby for a federal job or Start making plans to go abroad? But the thing is that we can gather the money to buy a slot if possible but no connect.

Please moderators give your opinions.
We the landlords association of Nigeria bade you safe trip to anywhere. Leave as quick as possible. Our country is getting crowded, they more many of you leaves, the more space we acquire.
Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by BarrSly: 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2021
So I hear that going to Uk to study is one of the best steps. How true is this? Besides it’s one thing to leave and study but how will he survive during the studies before work comes after studying.

safesurfer:
except if he's going to UK, it will be easy for him to get a job after his studies. Especially in US and Canada.
Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by valves: 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2021
Pls leave the country and plan your way to remain after studies. If you're going to the UK you'll have 2 years after your masters to stay back and look for a job. Your options will be limitless, you can apply for PR in Canada, or go for a PhD in the US or Canada.

Now you are still 24 I believe this is the best thing to do for yourself. Most didn't have this opportunity.

4 Likes

Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by vickydevoka(m): 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
Abroad changes you inside and out
Your skin begins to glow during winter
Your thinking changes, everywhere is neat ,smooth and clean.

You begin to see the world in different ways you never imagine.
It changes your life. Your d na is affected by your environment.
In order words jAPA
Bleep skin glowing. We need money glowing
Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by Afonjashapmouth: 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2021
You are contemplating whether to suffer or not ?? . Do Wetin your kids go see you no dash you stone for forehead ooh!!! You are still young and have got alot ahead of you. Fed government jobs cannot save your mental health. I don commot my hand for this talk cos e fit be village people tunning your channel grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by ayandee: 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2021
Oviebright:
I'm 24 years of age finished nysc and graduated a couple of years ago. Job searching but nothing tangible out of it.

I'm opportuned as my family members are ready to sponsor me to study abroad but we're not rich just a average Nigeria family who can raise funds to do it. But the thing is that I'm having double minds as to whether to lobby and pay for a federal government job or start making plans to leave naija but the problem is that the money is there but no connect there.

Whether to stay in naija and lobby for a federal job or Start making plans to go abroad? But the thing is that we can gather the money to buy a slot if possible but no connect.

You better arrange for studies now that you are still young. Consider Canada for studies so you can stay back and get Permanent résidence. Canada gives post study work permit.

By the way, i have a federal job and i am seriously planning relocation. You better japa

3 Likes

Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by Udodiri01: 5:19pm On Aug 17, 2021
Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2021
BarrSly:
So I hear that going to Uk to study is one of the best steps. How true is this? Besides it’s one thing to leave and study but how will he survive during the studies before work comes after studying.

You may have to redirect this question to those with better knowledge and experience. I have never stepped outside Nigeria ( except in my dreams).

However, I believe students abroad are encouraged to work while they study so as to get experience and some cash and their curriculum are well adjusted to accommodate both work and study.

An ex-colleague of mine is currently doing his masters in UK so I learnt this from him.

4 Likes

Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by ibtommy(m): 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2021
Better carry your load and commot now before you regret staying back in this zoo. Go!!! By the way, wetin be "connect"?

Oviebright:

Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by ibtommy(m): 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2021
Pls, what is "PR"?

valves:
Pls leave the country and plan your way to remain after studies. If you're going to the UK you'll have 2 years after your masters to stay back and look for a job. Your options will be limitless, you can apply for PR in Canada, or go for a PhD in the US or Canada.

Now you are still 24 I believe this is the best thing to do for yourself. Most didn't have this opportunity.
Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by JangoroInvest(m): 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2021
Your Degree is not enough, Get a Tech Skill nah

Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by JangoroInvest(m): 5:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
Your Degree is not enough, get a tech skill today!

WhatsApp/Phone: 08105812679

Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by afroxyz: 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2021
You want to stay and lobby for a FG work instead of going out and experiencing the world
Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by Skillsnigeria: 5:29pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2021
Federal government job wey dey pay crumbs lol
Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by Angelawhite(m): 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2021
Oviebright:

So you’re contemplating japa-ring ? You want to be a government worker and get old and start collecting pension?
Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by mema900: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2021
Oviebright:

After the studies, what next?
Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by baconline(m): 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2021
The word is not travel but run, if its not load enof then RUN!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by careytommy37(m): 5:34pm On Aug 17, 2021
HeavenlyHolines:
My dear, before you travel abroad ask questions. Not all abroad are abroad. I live in Kazakhstan and I thank God I left Nigeria because i know someone here and there was a job waiting for me but the problem is that many Nigerians who are coming here,the so called agents don't tell them the truth that in many countries, you will be shocked at the kind of jobs you will do and your expectations of being a millionaire overnight might not come to pass. So there r many factors that might hindered your Eldorado. So ask better questions oo

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by Edyice: 5:35pm On Aug 17, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
This one still dey ask. Maybe if those Afghans who fell from plane had your opportunity, they would not be dead by now. You better "jaaaakpa" before dem Taliban Boko Haram pinned you down.

You mean this people

Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by daroz(m): 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2021
What’s so special about this federal job? My wife is a lawyer who has a federal job for about 9 years now yet still don’t feel financially comfortable or fulfilled in her job.
Now she is planning to quit and relocate abroad.

Guy if you have an opportunity to travel abroad for more education, pls do so as age is still on your side.
You can thank me later.
Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by tnerro1(m): 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2021
Better jakpa before you start looking for a plane to cling unto at the airport.
Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by Maj196(m): 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
Japa but remember racism is real out there.
Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by Joshph: 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
Permanent Residency
ibtommy:
Pls, what is "PR"?

Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by Edyice: 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
Ovie nobody dey tell man .. if you want to stay with a-b-okis

That's your choice

Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by Kingluqman(m): 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
Oviebright:

I feel like slapping you to be honest!!! Use your common sense na, you too know sey na abroad you go go but if you think your country is a better place, just stay and suffer your coconut head small grin

As in.. people wan sponsor you ooo. Chaii!! Person wey get head no get cap oo
Re: Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies by aigbokiejohnson(m): 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2021
PLS TRAVEL O

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dana Pharmaceutical Workers In Minna Protest Over Poor Working Conditions (Pics) / Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! / Is It Wrong To Help Your Boss With His Or Her Bag?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.