Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? (2931 Views)

Don't Widowed Women And Divorcees Need To Get Remarried? / Igbo Guys Marrying Very Young Girls / Why Do Men Think Widowed Women Are Prostitutes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Southernigbo: 9:51am On Aug 17, 2021
I understand that there are so many beautiful young ladies who have never been married before, but then not all divorces and widowed ladies are bad, too old or whatever negativity any person might want to associate with them. In fact, many of them are far better in all ramifications than these slayqueens parading as young girls. In essence my advise to young n old guys out there is that, just as you consider young girls for marriage, don't exclude these divorces n widowed women. Don't see them as women who are sex-deprived who should be taken as lovers n temporary sex mates.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by ifytrik(m): 9:52am On Aug 17, 2021
Southernigbo:
I understand that there are so many beautiful young ladies who have never been married before, but then not all divorces and windowed ladies are bad, too old or whatever negativity any person might want to associate with them. In fact, many of them are far better in all ramifications than these slayqueens parading as young girls. In essence my advise to young n old guys out there is that, just as you consider young girls for marriage, don't exclude these divorces n windowed women. Don't see them as women are sex-deprived women who should be taken as lovers n temporary sex mates
Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by donbachi(m): 10:08am On Aug 17, 2021
It takes the grace of GOD and excess love,for a man whose mother is alive to marry the above mentioned.
Alot of guys would have.but their parents,mumu folks and "wetin people go talk"

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Drince: 10:17am On Aug 17, 2021
Doors it bother you?? grin grin grin
I think everyone has a different taste and needs..
Single mums and divorcés are increasing at an alarming rate, and its quite logical though.. When a Man divorce his wife or vice versa the man tends remarry a young girl with no children at all, and start his own new family and apparently it supported by the society.. And still the same society don't allow guys to marry single mums and divorcé..

But yes Guys are getting married to divorcé and single mums

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Ishilove: 10:23am On Aug 17, 2021
Afi windowed women.

10 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 17, 2021
And they're always very caring and less dramatic...
I'm talking about the rich ones ooh

2 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Southernigbo: 10:44am On Aug 17, 2021
Ishilove:
Afi windowed women.
afi widowed women bawo?
Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 17, 2021
Lots of stereotype about those sets of women especially in our Nigerian society,but every preconceived negativities they might have about those sets of women fly out of the window once a woman in USA,Canada, Australia,England etc is in the picture .
Family members that do kick against such union will give it a go ahead and call it "true love" cheesy
Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Jesterinjay: 11:03am On Aug 17, 2021
Because they are such a pane(pain) cool
Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by MufasaLion: 11:06am On Aug 17, 2021
Most guys don't want the baggage that comes with it.

9 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Southernigbo: 11:36am On Aug 17, 2021
MufasaLion:
Most guys don't want the baggage that comes with it.
but many of the women cn and do take care of their children
Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by neonly: 11:37am On Aug 17, 2021
Person leave wahala u wan enter am again what you would have added is dat what d caused d divorce in d first place
D widows cause get comma sha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by MufasaLion: 11:39am On Aug 17, 2021
Southernigbo:
but many of the women cn and do take care of their children

It's not just about them being independent independent, it's more than that.
Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by bigdammyj: 11:40am On Aug 17, 2021
Noted
Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Isilion: 11:43am On Aug 17, 2021
Who dey ready to marry tokunbo whily new chases plenty for market grin grin grin
Wisdom will not kill me shocked shocked shocked grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 17, 2021
There are enough divorced men for the female divorcees,,,, same with widows & widowers.
Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 17, 2021
Ishilove:
Afi windowed women.

grin grin
Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Dare1971(m): 11:49am On Aug 17, 2021
Any single mother age 30-40 interested in relationship or companionship should contact me ( Not for financial purpose please)
Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 17, 2021
Dare1971:
Any single mother age 30-40 interested in relationship or companionship should contact me ( Not for financial purpose please)

Do you mind a 38-yr-old single lady, sir? I can give Saphiere to you.

5 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Greystone: 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
Southernigbo:
I understand that there are so many beautiful young ladies who have never been married before, but then not all divorces and windowed ladies are bad, too old or whatever negativity any person might want to associate with them. In fact, many of them are far better in all ramifications than these slayqueens parading as young girls. In essence my advise to young n old guys out there is that, just as you consider young girls for marriage, don't exclude these divorces n windowed women. Don't see them as women who are sex-deprived who should be taken as lovers n temporary sex mates.

There are very real challenges involved.

- Everyone especially a man's parents and relatives will be wondering why their son decided to overlook the countless single ladies around to want to marry a divorcee.

- Many parents will not give their blessing to the union
- If the said divorcee has a child, the man who is single and wants to marry the lady will have to decide whether he is ready to becone an immediate father figure
- The divorced partner is a constant 3rd wheel in ur relationship esp if they hav a child/ children
- Deciding how to raise a step child and juggling visitation rights/ custody fights
- Religious factors eg. A lot of people will tell you that you are committing adultery if u marry a divorcee whose former spouse is still alive

The list goes on...

Too many challenges undecided

6 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by siofra(f): 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2021
From what I've seen in movies it's because their children will be jealous and feel betrayed cheesy
Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Exkandayee(m): 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2021
I'll only marry a white widowed woman or devorced,,, for naija most widows killed there husband or the divorced ones cheated on their husbands,

7 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Kondomatic(m): 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2021
There are so many reasons.

1. Whatever a divorcee or widow can offer, a girl who hasn't married before can do same. Nothing beats starting with someone who doesn't have that ex husband or step child wahala.

2. Like someone already said, what people will say is another thing.

3. Marrying a divorced woman is double wahala. If she was the problem in her first marriage, you're in deep shit. If the ex husband was the problem then you have to work to prove you're not an asshole like him.

4. Not many can raise another man's child in this hardship. Many of the women don't have enough, so marrying them means inheriting extra financial burden and a lot of us are not doing that okay.

If marriage is a responsibility then marrying a divorcee or widow is responsibility pro max prime. grin

17 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Southernigbo: 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
Dare1971:
why relationship and not marriage? Many men are in this bad habit of treating divorces n windowed as ladies who shd be treated as concubines. abeg no concubine these poor women, not to talk of giving them extra problem by impregnating them while still unmarried

3 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by zexy2030(m): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2021
Abeg single men should leave them alone, leave them for widowers or divorcee like themselves or baby daddies..As a single guy, find a single girl, they are so many and of different categories, pick your evil and marry one...

Going for a divorced woman, in this days of social media could bring alot of dramas you can't handle.

You may fling but don't keep it...inshort connect them to baby daddies if u have .

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2021
It's just fear.
Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2021
Ishilove:
Afi windowed women.

Hahahahaaaa... You're not a nice fellow. tongue grin

Op, no mind her. It's simply "Widows"
Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by multiple4u: 1:33pm On Aug 17, 2021
Why would you buys a used car when you can buy a brand new car?

Women in that category have been used. That's another man's property.

Women who are divorced will always try to bring up her last marriage that didn't work. She will always try to compare you with her ex. She will lie about what happened in that marriage. How she did everything for the guy, etc. It's not a good idea for a young guy to consider a divorce women. I am not saying they are all bad. But why would you get yourself involved at all.

If you get a widow as a wife, she's always in pain and sorrow for the death of her husband. She will always think about what life could have been with him. What and what they could have achieved together. How he died, what killed. How she loved him more than the current husband. Even though none of that might be a reality had it been the guy is alive. But that's just how human brains work. We think about something that we don't have and what we have we think it's not good enough. Then if there's a child or children from the previous marriage, it's very complicated. How can you raise another man's children.

It's a very complicated situation for both divorced and widowed women out there. Plus a lot of women out there are looking for husbands!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Martinez39s(m): 1:42pm On Aug 17, 2021
If you can purchase original material, why go for okirika (second-hand material) that comes with a lot of baggage?

3 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by Judybash93(m): 2:29pm On Aug 17, 2021
The truth is, divorced people come with baggages and most single men or even single women are not ready for that kinda relationship. The best thing in my opinion is for them to also go for other divorced people. I'm sure they can work something out.
Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by ultiabaz36(m): 2:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
Window women
Door men
House children
grin grin grin

Widow is for women
Widower is for men

Ishilove:
Afi windowed women.
Re: Why Aren't Guys Marrying Divorces And Widowed Women? by blinking001(m): 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
Their ships had sailed long ago. We ain't gonna marry them. They are damaged goods.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Proposes To Girlfriend At Mall But Everyone Surprisingly Ignore Him / Eyeball Licking Fetish... / Nairaland In 2006(throwback).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.