Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster (43798 Views)

Fati Umar Dikko: Police Arrests Notorious Fraudster In Kano (photo) / Revealed: Notorious Fraudster Who Implicated Hushpuppi In USA / Nigerian Banks Have Porous Online Banking Security—hacker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hassanmaye:

I will remove All my money from that bank today tuweee

Lol..
Make una tell me which ones now? cheesy Make I follow body. grin.

Seriously, it's not fair.
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Rickylambert: 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
yemi1504:

That is simply not true bro! Even with the Security at the back of the card, there is still a landing page where your Otp soft token is expected to be imputed into. The Otp will be sent to your registered phone number. And this is coming from an Access Bank customer! If you do online transactions and they debit you, go in to one of the bank branches and rectify that! No bank as far as I know allows debit for online transactions without a token!
Joker!
Send me ur ATM security details.Forget about otp let’s check something

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by loswhite(m): 2:39pm On Aug 17, 2021
DSuperiorBrand:
And it's the beginning of the end for Access bank
Lol because a foolish person posted rubbish story without a single details to show that it is easy to hack access account...Most ppl just post without reasoning.
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by figure007(m): 2:41pm On Aug 17, 2021
Habayomie:
I agree with him.
That was how my account was wiped when pickpockets stole my phone and even use my SIM to borrow money join.
Those guys used all to buy recharge card and transferred to different SIMs.
Access Bank needs to step up their tech security.
Polaris Bank is better (you will need a password before you can recharge your bank linked SIM)
same thing happened to me December last year.. exactly way you said.. that bank no try honestly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by harjay1986: 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2021
Skyfornia:
Still the best bank for online transactions...their mobile app is second to none. Simple and efficient...
If a client transfer money to you, whether you received alert or not, you can easily confirm by checking the mobile app.

Modified:
All these guys quoting me and cussing...wetin happen nah? Are you depressed?? Channel the energy somewhere else that's profitable.

I have accounts in 3 different banks and I can tell you Access is the best among the three. Choose your bank and allow me choose mine. No be fight...

try standard chartered bank and thank me later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by adebwalex(m): 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2021
Foreigna2:

I have been having my Access bank account compromised before the proliferation of these POS guys. Back then, it was only Paga and I never even used it.
I suspect you see trying to deflect attention from this issue because you are one of the criminals stealing customer's data and funds.

See Mumu...Your entire Family are criminals period
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by 1x2x3: 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2021
AuroraB:
N450k shocked shocked shocked
Chest pain still dey worry my enemy when I remember my 15k+ wey dey wipe sad sad
Did you get your money back

I go every penny back through the police. It took over a month to track and arrest the fraudster.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Burgerlomo: 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2021
Make dem kuku add "easy" to their name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Hassanmaye(m): 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2021
matcom123:
Access Bank staff withdrew all the money in my account in 2006 though i got my money back but I stop using the account and even the bank
since then. "ACCESS BANK" you see them you no run.
Haha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by immortalcrown(m): 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2021
otokx:
Bad publicity for the banks mentioned, thankfully majority of Nigerians are still analog so may never see or hear about this.

You are a joker. Gossiping about bad reputation, online and offline, is a flourishing culture in Naija.
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by 1x2x3: 2:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
joceey:

Did u later get your money back?

Yes I did but not through the bank. Police tracked the fraudster and arrested him before I was refunded the amount and all I spent to get him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by harjay1986: 2:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
Rickylambert:
Joker!
Send me ur ATM security details.Forget about otp let’s check something

many people still think that without their pin you cant do anything on their card .... let dem just send a pics of front and back and wait a minute before they will cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Foreigna2: 2:46pm On Aug 17, 2021
adebwalex:

Who you help,See proudness. Do you even know who am I. God punish you with that useless money that you are bragging of. No need to brag with you because I know you will one day perish and leave that useless Money you have. That is what we are saying , claiming baba Olowo on line buy the time your real identity is discover you will no that you are NOBODY... To hell with your saving, current and cooperate account. Who even asked you. Proudness goeth before destruction....Get out with your miserable Net worth Mr Man.

You are an illiterate, a pauper, a nonentity and morally bankrupt. You are a defender of thieves and criminals and you are a threat to Access bank. You will be tracked and dealt with, I assure you.
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Foreigna2: 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2021
adebwalex:

See Mumu...Your entire Family are criminals period

Don't worry. I will teach you a lesson. Just get ready.
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by ChiefDenis(m): 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2021
I used diamond access for 6 yrs, undisputably the worst bank I've ever had the misfortune of using, no one that likes peace should be using that bank it's garbage
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by yemi1504: 2:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
Timblogga:
I was shocked when I used my access bank card details to pay for something online, and there was no 2 factor authentication, before then I always thought it’s pointless for thieves to snap people’s ATM
cards.

Yes, they need to change as regards that! But in my opinion, all Nigerian banks seem to have that same loophole, they will tell you that such landing page can not be made global on all websites which is definitely not true not with the tech Wizkids like those of Paystack and Abeg around!
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by preshyusufu: 2:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
This is just the plain truth. someone stole one of my friends phone from his shop and he tried severally to get in touch with Access Bank help desk, and the calls couldn't go through, within the space of two(2) hours, Access Bank borrowed the fraudster =N=175,000 from my friend's account without any proper check. The most painful thing is that, the bank started deducting the money from any money paid into the guy's account. He was paying from the bank's negligence.
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by clothingonline(m): 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2021
Wema bank since 1806! I love you pa
FCMB
Fidelity
This three bank I can use
The rest hv not tried it
But I hv my names on 12 Nigerian banks
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by yemi1504: 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
Adinoyi119:
Meanwhile Yahya Bello made it compulsory for every Kogi State civil servants to used access bank.

He clearly has a kickback or a easy future loan policy with them as usual! Some states seem to do that, opening bank accounts for their employees when it should not be so!
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Henrolla(m): 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
BESTScientist1:
That's savage

grin grin I wonder if there's another reason for the name

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Henrolla(m): 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hassanmaye:

grin you just make me to hate the bank

grin grin.. interestingly, I use same bank o
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by 1x2x3: 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2021
opeyemi2012:

I am also a victim of Access bank's willingness to aid and abett criminals. An account was used to defraud I and my colleagues at work, yet Access bank said they can barely trace the owner because the account is on kyc level 1.
Several mails to CBN's anti-corruption unit and EFCC are unattended to till date. Is there a way we can all sue them?

I don't know suing them would help you. It what you lost was much then you could go for the criminal through the police.
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by yemi1504: 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kondomatic:
That's what happens when a bank specializes in employing microbiologists

And not tech guys just to save money for the shareholders in their view!
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by yemi1504: 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
TOPCRUISE:

Do you use Access ATM for online transactions

Yes, I do, I use it on Jumia,and other cheap data websites!
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Nisiw366: 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2021
yemi1504:

I don't but I will even be surprised they can defraud you more than $100 on such websites due to CBN forex limits for non-domiciliary accounts! Two, the fact that it is an international website does not mean such landing page will not come up except if it is an unsafe website, which is your responsibility, not the bank's!

Two Even with that landing page which is common for both banks, a two factor authentication like that of Piggyvest either with a secret question asking for an answer you only know or with another app giving another code with a no forget password option except digital reset of the password at the bank branch or the use of the six-digit transaction PIN on the app is the solution in my opinion (the last suggestion doesn't even require a capital outlay for banks, just few lines of code for that extra information) and same should hold for the more porous USSD Code whether you want to recharge your line or not. So with this, no bank in Nigeria is truly safe so, we are all fvcked anyways. Sorry to burst your bubble here!
Then why are you arguing when you don't do international transactions.

For your info, some international transactions won't ask for otp. Do more research and expand your knowledge
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by yemi1504: 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
AuroraB:
Add the inglorious UBA, biko

I have never liked UBA once I experienced their worst bank customer service in school then. That I have an account with them is because I was forced to have an account with them! Don't even mention their crazy fees with a certain type of their accounts, really ridiculous in my opinion!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Jenniferamams(f): 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
So true.. they deduct money from their customers account with no tangible reason. I'm a victim of such circumstance.They debited my account to the extent it entred minus. It's past 3 months already yet their is no solution to rectifying this problem, they keep telling bullshit and can't give a concrete reason for debiting me.. It's not the first time they are debiting me for no cause but this time around the crossed the line. Ole bank. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Rickylambert: 3:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
harjay1986:

many people still think that without their pin you cant do anything on their card .... let dem just send a pics of front and back and wait a minute before they will cry
Reasons they loose guard their cards and start blaming Banks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by adebwalex(m): 3:04pm On Aug 17, 2021
Foreigna2:

Don't worry. I will teach you a lesson. Just get ready.

Na your entire family you go teach lesson. Mumu for life
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by TLION(m): 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
Skyfornia:
Still the best bank for online transactions...their mobile app is second to none. Simple and efficient...
If a client transfer money to you, whether you received alert or not, you can easily confirm by checking the mobile app.

Modified:
All these guys quoting me and cussing...wetin happen nah? Are you depressed?? Channel the energy somewhere else that's profitable.

I have accounts in 3 different banks and I can tell you Access is the best among the three. Choose your bank and allow me choose mine. No be fight...
. Try Stanbic IBTC you can thank me later
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by yemi1504: 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nisiw366:

Then why are you arguing when you don't do international transactions.

For your info, some international transactions won't ask for otp. Do more research and expand your knowledge

That is why I said it is not the fault of the bank if you patronize such unsafe websites! Besides, all of them have the same loopholes as regards that, so singling out one bank will be grossly unfair with that information I just gave you! Besides, the USSD Code one for all banks is a very easy loophole to exploit for fraudsters since I can claim to recharge my line with ridiculous money and later sell it in return for cash! That is the one, you should be focusing on! Besides, with the forex limits on non-domiciliary accounts, there is a limit on the amount of money that can be stolen using that method except if they have changed such limits and I don't know.
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by adebwalex(m): 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
Foreigna2:

You are an illiterate, a pauper, a nonentity and morally bankrupt. You are a defender of thieves and criminals and you are a threat to Access bank. You will be tracked and dealt with, I assure you.

grin grin grin he pain am. That shows your stupidity.. You are here tarnishing the image of a bank and am telling you that your accession was wrong base on argument and you are here insulting me. I won't exchange word with you. Just to let you know that you are arrogant and proud period

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Italian Kidnapper Arrested At Ogbe-Isoko In Delta State (Photo) / Missing Girl In Abuja Found Dead Under Gwagwalada Bridge / Okada Rider Beats Pregnant Woman To Coma For Grabbing His Crotch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.