Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster (43813 Views)

Fati Umar Dikko: Police Arrests Notorious Fraudster In Kano (photo) / Revealed: Notorious Fraudster Who Implicated Hushpuppi In USA / Nigerian Banks Have Porous Online Banking Security—hacker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Foreigna2: 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2021
adebwalex:
Na your entire family you go teach lesson. Mumu for life
adebwalex:
See Mumu...Your entire Family are criminals period

Don't worry na. I will make you a scapegoat. Shebi it is bank security work that is making you run your mouth anyhow. Debo, I promise you that by the time I start with you, you will sell that your uncompleted house and all you have to do case.
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by yemi1504: 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
Rgade:
Very shitty bank. I’m sure it was because of Access bank that sporty bet had to add a new security layer. Because the number of people that we’re getting scammed through sporty bet was getting crazy; and 95% of the time access bank was the culprit.
I personally know 2 people that were scammed through sporty, both were access customers.

Sportybet itself was porous without that two-factor authentication, it took me a while to patronize them back because of my experience and other people's experiences with their very lax security website then!
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by expressglory: 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
Apart from basic security loopholes in their tech department, scammers are attracted to Access Bank because you can be allowed to open an account without linking your BVN or even government ID!
Though they are not the only bank offering this service..they are the most vocal about it.

That is why you see every Tom,Dick And Harry opening dubious account (using any unverified name ) with them and transferring the money later.

I know they initiated this app account to help people... unfortunately this may be their Achilles heel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by SundayIgboh: 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
I don't receive OTP codes from access when I make any online transaction. They just debit me gbam

Seriously??
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Nisiw366: 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
yemi1504:

That is why I said it is not the fault of the bank if you patronize such unsafe websites! Besides, all of them have the same loopholes as regards that, so singling out one bank will be grossly unfair with that information I just gave you! Besides, the USSD Code one for all banks is a very easy loophole to exploit for fraudsters since I can claim to recharge my line with ridiculous money and later sell it in return for cash! That is the one, you should be focusing on! Besides, with the forex limits on non-domiciliary accounts, there is a limit on the amount of money that can be stolen using that method except if they have changed such limits and I don't know.
I'm not talking about unsafe website here

Or is alibaba or aliexpress unsafe website to you?

Just admit you have limited knowledge about it

There are even some tools you can use to bypass otp
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by yemi1504: 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2021
immortalcrown:

Not unique. Some other banks have this quality. The major thing is financial security. Based on my experience, First Bank mobile app seems to be the best in terms of security.

But is their USSD Code safe? Sorry to throw spanners in the works here! People forget that it is not the app that is majorly the problem but no landing pages on some websites and the porous USSD Code without two-factor authentication that is!
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by larryeffizy1(m): 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2021
If their's any other adj to qualify the bank in terms of insecurity, I'm a victim of this recently and nothing was done till date.... I lost over 400k and they told me nothing could be done..

As the matter of fact, the account was even used for loan which I'm waiting for the day they'll call me to come remmit the loan.... Thoo I've stopped using the bank lately....

Useless insecure bank..... I detest it with passion....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by adebwalex(m): 3:22pm On Aug 17, 2021
Foreigna2:

Don't worry na. I will make you a scapegoat. Shebi it is bank security work that is making you run your mouth anyhow. Debo, I promise you that by the time I start with you, you will sell that your uncompleted house and all you have to do case.

grin grin grin For your info that house is completed and my family is living their now cheesy grin and let me tell you am not within the state. No condition is permanent..I am inviting you to canadan to join me..
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by sonofthunder: 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2021
PresidentAtiku:
Almost all scam and Yahoo on Facebook Use Access Bank account to defraud.

You will see all those posts on Facebook groups using sick children or family pictures asking you to assist with 1,000 2,000 ,5000 nothing is too small, all na SCAM and na access bank. See sample one of the f**ls just posted to a church group. HEARTLESS DEMONS

Very terrible KYC procedures by the bank making it easy to be used

CBN should look into that bank

This is terrible, I never took note of this pattern.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by yemi1504: 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2021
harjay1986:

many people still think that without their pin you cant do anything on their card .... let dem just send a pics of front and back and wait a minute before they will cry

You are right there but I still maintain no bank is innocent concerning this, so singling out one bank is grossly unfair in my opinion! By the way, I mentioned most of my funds are offline with a two-factor authentication app and you should think about that too! No bank is safe even your so-called "safe" banks without that two-factor authentication in my opinion! My 2 cents!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by AdeChukwu: 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
Noted.

Buhari will address that alongside other security issues and corruption in Africa at large.
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by yemi1504: 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2021
preshyusufu:
This is just the plain truth. someone stole one of my friends phone from his shop and he tried severally to get in touch with Access Bank help desk, and the calls couldn't go through, within the space of two(2) hours, Access Bank borrowed the fraudster =N=175,000 from my friend's account without any proper check. The most painful thing is that, the bank started deducting the money from any money paid into the guy's account. He was paying from the bank's negligence.

Really sad stories here! I just saw that option is on their USSD Code, that is really really bad! I checked but I saw it is not working on mine! They should obviously remove that option in my opinion! GTBank for some reason does not have it, though the salary advance option is equally as risky! Wow, we learn everyday!
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by yemi1504: 3:32pm On Aug 17, 2021
Rickylambert:
Reasons they loose guard their cards and start blaming Banks

Reason why I don't put my cards in my wallet, a wallet can easily be lost!
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by sylve11: 3:33pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sacredness:
why people still making used of that bank still baffs me.
TECHNICALLY
MORALLY
FINANCIALLY KEEP OF PUBLIC FUNDS
PHYSICALLY ND
SPIRITUALLY ..in facts all roundly is very porous..
END TIME BANKING SYSTEM
undecided

Hmmmm embarassed cool
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by yemi1504: 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2021
expressglory:
Apart from basic security loopholes in their tech department, scammers are attracted to Access Bank because you can be allowed to open an account without linking your BVN or even government ID!
Though they are not the only bank offering this service..they are the most vocal about it.

That is why you see every Tom,Dick And Harry opening dubious account (using any unverified name ) with them and transferring the money later.

I know they initiated this app account to help people... unfortunately this may be their Achilles heel.

You are right on that!
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Joeyfizzo: 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hence the name "Access Bank"... Easily accessed
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by KaptainAfrika: 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2021
Choiiiiiiiiiiiiiii this is nyash opening.
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hassanmaye:

When he sued the bank did they pay him? Very useless bank

He didn't really sue them but he got a lawyer that wrote to them, put CBN and Consumer Protection in copy then threatened to sue them after a certain ultimatum
Delivered the letters to their office, CBN and CPC office
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by movid(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2021
PresidentAtiku:
Almost all scam and Yahoo on Facebook Use Access Bank account to defraud.

You will see all those posts on Facebook groups using sick children or family pictures asking you to assist with 1,000 2,000 ,5000 nothing is too small, all na SCAM and na access bank. See sample one of the f**ls just posted to a church group. HEARTLESS DEMONS

Very terrible KYC procedures by the bank making it easy to be used.

CBN should look into that bank
36k was wiped from my wife's acct May this year. She complained to her bank GTB and was told the person that did the stuff used it to play soccer on a betting site. She tried and tried if the bank could assist in retrieving but all efforts was to no positive result. Pls is there a way to go abt it again?
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Bucky001(m): 3:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
First Bank remains the best secured bank aside their lackadaisical approach in service
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by musicwriter(m): 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
@Foreigna2 @adebwalex

Are you both really hating each other because of an online post? Because of a bank that doesn't know you?

Please drop any idea of taking anything off Nairaland. I even have a literal mad man hating on me here on Nairaland but that doesn't worry me because I know he's sick. And the right thing to do is keep off such person.

All you have to do on Nairaland is keep off person that doesn't like you and don't respond to them. It's as simple as that.

I love the concept of democracy and free speech so much that I'll prefere someone curse me instead of not being able to air their opinion. I believe everybody is entitled to their opinion, whether I like the opinion or not. So brothers, please let what happen on Nairaland end on Nairaland. Please.
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by PresidentAtiku(m): 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
sonofthunder:

This is terrible, I never took note of this pattern.
It is real bro
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by adebwalex(m): 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2021
musicwriter:
@Foreigna2 @adebwalex

Are you both really hating each other because of an online post? Because of a bank that doesn't know you?

Please drop any idea of taking anything off Nairaland. I even have a literal mad man hating on me here on Nairaland but that doesn't worry me because I know he's sick. And the right thing to do is keep off such person.

All you have to do on Nairaland is keep off person that doesn't like you and don't respond to them. It's as simple as that.

I love the concept of democracy so much that I'll prepare someone curse me instead of not being able to air their opinion. I believe everybody is entitled to their opinion, whether I like the opinion or not. So brothers, please let what happen on Nairaland end on Nairaland. Please.

God bless you. Has you said every body can air is opinion and ment to disagree. Just because I air my opinion he started insulting me that I am miserable and am nobody. Just because or may be a fake big man as he claim does not give him the right to just insult anyone because he is rich. He is not God And I thank God for were I am today. This life no condition is permanent. You are a wise man...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by MARS1(m): 4:13pm On Aug 17, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
I kinda agree. Don't lose you ATM's especially that of access. I don't receive OTP codes from access when I make any online transaction. They just debit me gbam
You must have frequently use your card on that platform, it recognizes your card and bypasses OTP after frequent card usage .. It happens to all banks.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Fortez: 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2021
It’s a useless bank

Fraudulent staffs aswell and lacks food management

I have heard several bad experiences with them before I dumped them

They are fraudulent once you use their card to make international web payment and you get refund from the merchants these crooks won’t credit you
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by AuroraB(f): 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2021
yemi1504:

I have never liked UBA once I experienced their worst bank customer service in school then. That I have an account with them is because I was forced to have an account with them! Don't even mention their crazy fees with a certain type of their accounts, really ridiculous in my opinion!
The deductions' out of the world! Worse is, they have a tailored reason for it. 10k fizzles to 888k with no explanation and no notification. I really feel for whoever banks with these pilferers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by NoFucksToGive: 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2021
harjay1986:

many people still think that without their pin you cant do anything on their card .... let dem just send a pics of front and back and wait a minute before they will cry

Don't mind them

Abeg leave them to be doubting so some people can eat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by Anniemae(f): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2021
Skyfornia:
Still the best bank for online transactions...their mobile app is second to none. Simple and efficient...
If a client transfer money to you, whether you received alert or not, you can easily confirm by checking the mobile app.

Modified:
All these guys quoting me and cussing...wetin happen nah? Are you depressed?? Channel the energy somewhere else that's profitable.

I have accounts in 3 different banks and I can tell you Access is the best among the three. Choose your bank and allow me choose mine. No be fight...

I agree with you...I used Access bank for a long time before I opened an account with UBA...UBA's mobile app is pure trash..I give it to access..their mobile app is the best
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by emilomona(m): 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2021
No be the same Access Bank one nairalander say the dey generate different account numbers of same corporate entity wey dey fraud people with ruse investment.

Smh@Access
Re: Access Bank Has The Worst Banking Security - Notorious Fraudster by perestroika19: 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
Everybody defrauded by Access bank's lax security should team up and institute a class suit against the bank. This will enable them to get justice all at once at shared cost , so the financial burden won't be too much on each individual

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Missing Girl In Abuja Found Dead Under Gwagwalada Bridge / Italian Kidnapper Arrested At Ogbe-Isoko In Delta State (Photo) / Rufai Oseni Vs Benjamin Hundeyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.