Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) (81481 Views)

Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Dixie Wildfire Becomes The Largest In California History(Pix) / Biden Wins More Votes Than Any Candidate In US History, Breaks Obama's Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ibuildstuff(m): 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
descartes400:
Trump ma Man!

Not only was he acquired he was also vindicated!

We await the mid-term election next year November.
How?
Care to explain?
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by brightalo1010: 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
Righteousness2:
Way back, we spoke on how America ( The Sleeping Giant) has become a shadow of itself.
I said here that America has become a bunch of Clown, heading for Destruction and on the edge of Oblivion.

The USA did not just become a world Power because they had the Dollar. It is GOD ALMIGHTY that makes Kings and Brings down kings. The POWERS that be are Ordained by GOD. GOD Blessed the USA and made her a Super Power.

The USA has over the years deviated from the laid down Godly Foundation of the Founding Fathers. The USA was built on Judaic Godly Principles but today it has become a Cesspool of Iniquity, Abominations, Lawlessness ,unGodliness and everything evil.

Trump who was seen as Unqualified and a Fornicator was GOD'S Mercy on the USA to turn them back to their root. I remember I kept vocing it here that Trump is a Mercy Period.

What is happening now to the USA is just a shadow of what is Coming. When GOD Invest in you and you mess up! Once your cup gets full , it is Disater and Destruction.

America today From its Leadership has turned its back on GOD.
GOD has also turned HIS back on her.

If GOD turned His First Born Isreal to a graveyard and drove them out of their land when they messed up, America aka Babylon the Great will not be Spared.

My Admonishment to all and sundry is this, in this Endtimes, there are Nations that are appointed for Destruction, so ensure you seek God's Face and Permission before you go on that trip, because GOD will only protect the Person he sends to a place.

Noise maker usd prayer to go and wage Wars and protect Afghanistan citizens if you think you don't like what Joe Biden did. If prayer no work use tear gas because I know you can't afford gun or bombs.

Is not responsibility of USA to protect Afghanistan unless you can show us where Bible said so.

You don't expect usa tax payers money to be used in protecting other countries. Enough is enough if you don't like what Biden did go and rule or carry your Bible into Afghanistan and use it to fight them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by drmikeadams(m): 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
Mangekyo:
They Americans did the right thing by leaving. But the way they left was shameful, no doubt.
grin grin how Americans for take leave??.them for writ apology letter to Afghans grin

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by sterlingD(m): 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
HOMELAND SEASON 8
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by mhmsadyq(m): 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:

cool

Mutual feelings... Not expecting any political logical comment from a flat header whose ancestors down to him and ethnicity of 30 million humanoid can't produce a fvcking President in 50 years , vice in 35, senate President in 15 , Speaker in 35.... I mean they can't even gain independence from a fellow black African Nigeria to have a Biafra Nation

I guess eating akpu is the only feat they are meant to achieve

Epic!

You wicked.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by drmikeadams(m): 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
brightalo1010:

Noise maker usd prayer to go and wage Wars and protect Afghanistan citizens if you think you don't like what Joe Biden did. If prayer no work use tear gas because I know you can't afford gun or bombs.

Is not responsibility of USA to protect Afghanistan unless you can show us where Bible said so.

You don't expect usa tax payers money to be used in protecting other countries. Enough is enough if you don't like what Biden did go and rule or carry your Bible into Afghanistan and use it to fight them.

I support u sir

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by michlins(m): 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/
Nonsense.

US did well leaving Afghanistan. They cannot be there forever.

Just like Nigerians that instead of fighting for their rights are waiting for UN to come and sacrifice lives and money to do for them those things they can do for yourselves. Dream on! If you choose not to protect yourself, don't expect anyone to care for you. If you tackle US in US, Americans will rise up in defense. But if you tackle other lazy countries, they expect US to come and protect them. Yet they hate Americans.

/
the media are protecting the interest of their paymasters who are benefitting immensely from the war.

Obama campaigned on bringing home the troops but ended up sending more young soldiers to die for a war that they have zero interest in.

Biden did well

7 Likes

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by goslowgoslow(m): 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
Massiveglory:

No wonder the sort of gibberish you put out here Day by day, week by week and month by month.
Nothing gibberish say something to counter him
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ibuildstuff(m): 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sirmuel1:
Americans are so confused.
I'm telling you, some few years ago they were insulting Obama for not withdrawing the troops, Biden has withdrawn the troops they are still complaining.

2 Likes

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by peacettw: 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Best speech ever.... Blunt and straight forward

20 years ago, US sent Americans to Afghanistan for their own protection, thousands of Americans died, thousands more physical wounded, hundreds of thousands mentally traumatized, 1 trillion wasted in war expenses without any significant results or benefits to American taxpayers or Christian world

Joe Biden made it crystal clear, 20 years ago some American parents might have been sent to a pointless American mission in Afghanistan, in 2021 he is not willing to send more of the war veterans kids again to witness pointless war their parents witnessed

If you wish to join the Fight as a righteous Christian to defend Afghan Shi'ite, Sunni Muslim or orthodox Catholic, take a flight to Kabul

Joe Biden as a Father watched his son fight as a US Army Major from 2002 to 2015 in the Middle east till he died... That's personal sacrifice of a father

I witnessed the event and thought it was well delivered too. Sadly, these things only work for a moment before the hyenas circle in for the kill. I wish him well both literally and figuratively. He will need it.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ibuildstuff(m): 9:05pm On Aug 17, 2021
Righteousness2:
Way back, we spoke on how America ( The Sleeping Giant) has become a shadow of itself.
I said here that America has become a bunch of Clown, heading for Destruction and on the edge of Oblivion.

The USA did not just become a world Power because they had the Dollar. It is GOD ALMIGHTY that makes Kings and Brings down kings. The POWERS that be are Ordained by GOD. GOD Blessed the USA and made her a Super Power.

The USA has over the years deviated from the laid down Godly Foundation of the Founding Fathers. The USA was built on Judaic Godly Principles but today it has become a Cesspool of Iniquity, Abominations, Lawlessness ,unGodliness and everything evil.

Trump who was seen as Unqualified and a Fornicator was GOD'S Mercy on the USA to turn them back to their root. I remember I kept vocing it here that Trump is a Mercy Period.

What is happening now to the USA is just a shadow of what is Coming. When GOD Invest in you and you mess up! Once your cup gets full , it is Disater and Destruction.

If GOD turned His First Born Isreal to a graveyard and drove them out of their land when they messed up, America aka Babylon the Great will not be Spared.

My Admonishment to all and sundry is this, in this Endtimes, there are Nations that are appointed for Destruction, so ensure you seek God's Face and Permission before you go on that trip, because GOD will only protect the Person he sends to a place.
Guy shut up, Trump would have done exactly what Biden did.
You are just a fool.

5 Likes

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by drmikeadams(m): 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/
Nonsense.

US did well leaving Afghanistan. They cannot be there forever.

Just like Nigerians that instead of fighting for their rights are waiting for UN to come and sacrifice lives and money to do for them those things they can do for yourselves. Dream on! If you choose not to protect yourself, don't expect anyone to care for you. If you tackle US in US, Americans will rise up in defense. But if you tackle other lazy countries, they expect US to come and protect them. Yet they hate Americans.

/
..don't mind Afghans and Nigerians grin

2 Likes

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by descartes400: 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
ibuildstuff:

How?
Care to explain?

Why I referenced Trump is because he would have done a better job than Biden!

Biden just blamed trump . It was trumps policy. That’s funny because so far Joe’s only policy has been to undo trumps , check the borders crisis. But in this calamity it’s all trumps fault . He is such a disgrace. Joe biden will go down as the worst president to live in the white house

Biden acts as if he was bound by the agreement President Trump made. The man has overturned virtually everything President Trump has done, doing so in this case would've been just another day at the office. What a lame excuse.

I agree the Afghans needs to step up to the plate, after nearly 20 years of support. However, the withdrawal without any pre-conditions is just another blunder from incompetent President Joe Biden

President Trump’s agreement was “conditions-based”. The Taliban ignored those conditions under Biden, and Biden ignored them as well. No excuse for Biden’s inept and disastrous pull-out.

This is not a question whether The US stay in Afghanistan. It is an issue of his negligence of planning and due diligence for a credible withdrawal. Yet still he tries to deflect.

As for the US mid-term Election slated for November next year is I believe the Republicans will claim the house back and probably impeach this inept President.

3 Likes

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by GABRIEL6036: 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:

No nau,. You call a soldier by his last rank... Or did you think Buhari was born Maj Gen Buhari
I wonder too oooo, that's why its very important to be social literate in every aspect of inter alia...
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Godwin25king: 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Best speech ever.... Blunt and straight forward

20 years ago, US sent Americans to Afghanistan for their own protection, thousands of Americans died, thousands more physical wounded, hundreds of thousands mentally traumatized, 1 trillion wasted in war expenses without any significant results or benefits to American taxpayers or Christian world

Joe Biden made it crystal clear, 20 years ago some American parents might have been sent to a pointless American mission in Afghanistan, in 2021 he is not willing to send more of the war veterans kids again to witness pointless war their parents witnessed

If you wish to join the Fight as a righteous Christian to defend Afghan Shi'ite, Sunni Muslim or orthodox Catholic, take a flight to Kabul

Joe Biden as a Father watched his son fight as a US Army Major from 2002 to 2015 in the Middle east till he died... That's personal sacrifice of a father

It just made the world see them as cowards
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Jerryherd: 9:08pm On Aug 17, 2021
peacettw:

I witnessed the event and thought it was well delivered too. Sadly, these things only work for a moment before the hyenas circle in for the kill. I wish him well both literally and figuratively. He will need it.

He is a 70+ almost 80 years old man, he has suffered almost all kind of deep pain, with 40+ in politics spanning south African apartheid Afghanistan and Iraq.... I don't think Biden cares about hyenas pulling him down because he is soon going down
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by lexy2014: 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
Righteousness2:

Oga stop saying trash. u only making a ridicule of yourself. unfortunately, in your narratives, u are bringning d Bible to disrepute. pls read to get informed:

Let's note that the man leading the current Taliban offensive, Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar -- the jihadi cleric who may become the next president of Afghanistan or, formally, the Emir of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan -- was being held in Pakistani and might still be there were it not for Trump.

In 2018, the Trump team asked Pakistan to free Baradar so he could travel to Doha for talks.
In Trump's eyes, Baradar may have looked a bit like North Korea's Kim Jong Un, the leader he could try to sweet talk and coax, showering him with praise while extracting essentially nothing from him, while drawing attention to himself and his theatrical "boldness".

In 2019, Trump wanted to bring the Taliban to Camp David, and he wanted to do it just in time for the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. His advisers persuaded him that bringing the leaders of a group responsible for killing thousands -- including thousands of Americans -- and still engaged in regular attacks against Afghan civilians, was not the best of ideas.

Trump relentlessly, cluelessly sabotaged peace talks, proclaiming his determination to pull out, and unexpectedly announcing troop reductions. His tweets became a major obstacle to negotiations, as he declared he was withdrawing US forces, the only leverage of US negotiators, without obtaining any real concessions from the Taliban.

In February 2020, Trump unveiled an agreement with the Taliban. The deal was an utter embarrassment, one of the worst ever negotiated by an American president. Under its terms, the United States not only agreed to withdraw by May 2021, it also committed itself to obtaining the release of 5,000 Taliban prisoners, and another thousand in subsequent months, fortifying the Taliban's fighting force. The US also promised to help lift all international sanctions against the Taliban. In exchange, the Taliban promised not to attack Americans until they left, and agreed to start talks with the Afghan government.

The supposed negotiations with Afghan representatives went nowhere, but the Americans started leaving. Trump kept tweeting he was pulling out the troops, removing any incentive for the Taliban to compromise. Afghan civilians were not fooled by Trump's so-called peace deal. Watching the signing, 28-year-old activist Zahra Husseini told AFP, "Today is a dark day...I had this bad feeling that it would result in [the Taliban's] return to power rather than in peace."She was right. But Trump was excited.

In one embarrassing moment, Trump phoned Mullah Baradar. He had a "very good talk," with the Taliban leader, he crowed, "The relationship is very good that I have with the mullah." Later, he said, "They want to cease violence." Observers sighed in despair. Just the day before, the Taliban had launched dozens of attacks. The Taliban was already taking advantage of Trump's terrible deal.

CNN

2 Likes

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by kayjay69(m): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
you are quoting conservative news outlets castigating Biden.

same conservatives that screamed blue murder and dragged the US into the war in the first place. same conservatives that justified the expanding the war on terror by invading Iraq for little to no reason.

The US keeps repeating the same mistakes and expects a different result. Afghanistan was always going to be Vietnam all over again. The minute they rid the country of Al-Qaeda, they should have left. Staying longer only cost them more, added more to the deficit and made the military industrial complex extremely richer.

They are the ones using these media outlets to bleat because the chopping is over and they now have to figure out another country to invade. Biden did what other Presidents before him should have done. Trying to prop up a clearly corrupt government was never going to work in a very islamic conservative country. The same Afghan soldiers trained by the US willingly laid down their arms and embraced their Taliban brothers. That should tell you all you need to know about everything that happened. And this is why i laugh at some fools here who really think the US can invade and conquer Iran. To invade is one thing but to effectively eliminate the leadership structure and replace it, thereby permanently occupying that country is another extremely difficult thing to do. Not every country wants western ideals and democracy.

Afghanistan is fondly called the graveyard of empires, there is a reason for that name. The US think tanks need to learn from these mistakes otherwise it will repeat itself again.

5 Likes

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ayenale1(m): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
Contest for many years get elected and become a disaster to the world e.g Biden, Bubu...if we have learn as a people Atiku and BHT should not smell power again...cos they will end up disastrous...

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by winner37(m): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
How long will US troops continue fighting endless war ?
How long will US troops continue losing their life on a foreign land ?
How long innocent civilians blood will be shedding?
Why fighting for Freedom for people who doesn't want to be free ?
Do they prefer war for peace ?
What Boris Johnson did is a very nice action, he loves is troops he doesn't want their wives to be a widow and he doesn't want their children fatherless..

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by lexy2014: 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
Godwin25king:

It just made the world see them as cowards

how did d world see them as cowards?
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Twofoursix: 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
Righteousness2:

So you know all this things and yet you could not belief that it is God that made BUHARI president. Just have patience till 2023 or before then for God to bring him down.
All Christian in Nigeria should be happy with the present condition of our country because here is not their Home.

As for me am just an ordinary hypocrite
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ayenale1(m): 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
I missed Trump...the world at large missed Trump...
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by lexy2014: 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
ayenale1:
Contest for many years get elected and become a disaster to the world e.g Biden, Bubu...if we have learn as a people Atiku and BHT should not smell power again...cos they will end up disastrous...

hows biden a disaster to d world?
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by proxillin(m): 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
falseprophet:
Afghanistan is not in any chaos, the streets are safer now than when America were running things.

Taliban is already offering amnesty to saboteurs and it can only get better from here.

Don't let western media fool you into thinking "Afghanistan have fallen"

from your room.

taliban is another name for boko haram...watch the next few months...
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by linearity: 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
Mangekyo:
They Americans did the right thing by leaving. But the way they left was shameful, no doubt.

How is it shameful?

They have been there for 20 years, invested blood and treasures, trained Afghan Soldiers, etc.

Afghan Soldiers refused to defend their territory, their politicians were clueless and you expect Americans to defend and keep dying to defend their country for them?

The rapid take over by the Talibans justified the US leaving, it shows there is complacency within the Afghan military who aided and having helping the Taliban.

3 Likes

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by descartes400: 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
ayenale1:
I missed Trump...the world at large missed Trump...

I Tell you!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by lomprico(m): 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2021
CNN follow blast am? asking for DT grin
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Grateful007: 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
falseprophet:
Afghanistan is not in any chaos, the streets are safer now than when America were running things.

Taliban is already offering amnesty to saboteurs and it can only get better from here.

Don't let western media fool you into thinking "Afghanistan have fallen"
...how much are you paid to type dis nonsense
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by lexy2014: 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
kayjay69:
you are quoting conservative news outlets castigating Biden.

same conservatives that screamed blue murder and dragged the US into the war in the first place. same conservatives that justified the expanding the war on terror by invading Iraq for little to no reason.

The US keeps repeating the same mistakes and expects a different result. Afghanistan was always going to be Vietnam all over again. The minute they rid the country of Al-Qaeda, they should have left. Staying longer only cost them more, added more to the deficit and made the military industrial complex extremely richer.

They are the ones using these media outlets to bleat because the chopping is over and they now have to figure out another country to invade. Biden did what other Presidents before him should have done. Trying to prop up a clearly corrupt government was never going to work in a very islamic conservative country. The same Afghan soldiers trained by the US willingly laid down their arms and embraced their Taliban brothers. That should tell you all you need to know about everything that happened. And this is why i laugh at some fools here who really think the US can invade and conquer Iran. To invade is one thing but to effectively eliminate the leadership structure and replace it, thereby permanently occupying that country is another extremely difficult thing to do. Not every country wants western ideals and democracy.

Afghanistan is fondly called the graveyard of empires, there is a reason for that name. The US think tanks need to learn from these mistakes otherwise it will repeat itself again.

i agree with your postulations totally. afghanistan isnt worth d sacrifice but afghanistan isnt actually a graveyard of empires. its actually an exaggerated claim. americas invasion of afghanistan wasnt out of place. d problem was actually d bush/rumsfeld and tony blair factor which diverted war efforts from afghanistan to iraq. fighting two wars at d same time with being hugely unjustified, was d bane of this afghanistan adventure
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Southeast21: 9:16pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:

cool

Mutual feelings... Not expecting any political logical comment from a flat header whose ancestors down to him and ethnicity of 30 million humanoid can't produce a fvcking President in 50 years , vice in 35, senate President in 15 , Speaker in 35.... I mean they can't even gain independence from a fellow black African Nigeria to have a Biafra Nation

I guess eating akpu is the only feat they are meant to achieve

I see
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by XXXXTENTACION: 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2021
brightalo1010:
why not go and replace usa in afghan so you will protect them instead of being here beating chest and making senseless noise, Joe Biden no longer want usa tax payers money to be wasted on meaningless fight in other man's country. Deal with it or keep ranting online that's all you are good at.
fvcking headslammers...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Iran Hackers Hack Into American Government’s Website / Afghan Stowaways Fall To Death After Clinging To Plane (Pics, Video) / Namibia Is One Of The World's Emptiest Countries (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.