Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) (81498 Views)

Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Dixie Wildfire Becomes The Largest In California History(Pix) / Biden Wins More Votes Than Any Candidate In US History, Breaks Obama's Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by goodheart02(m): 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hanibbal:

Which kain brutal savage reply b dis. Chill na

And what's savage about his statement filled with folly. SMH
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Sirmuel1(m): 9:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
ibuildstuff:

I'm telling you, some few years ago they were insulting Obama for not withdrawing the troops, Biden has withdrawn the troops they are still complaining.

They are never satisfied
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by writeprof(m): 9:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
After reading the entire speech, Joe Biden just went against the deception of Political Correctness. Applaudable decision on his part.

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ocelot2006(m): 9:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobicove:
Why are the Americans complaining?

They got what they voted for undecided

If terrorists turn Afghanistan into a hub from which to launch attacks on the US they will forever regret this decision to leave

So you want the to stay forever? Is 20 years of lives lost, trillions of dollars, hardwork, sacrifice of blood and tears not enough? Oya pick up a weapon and go and fight there na.

Their initial objective was Osama Bin Laden. They've achieved that by killing Osama and destroying Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Abeg there's a limit to everything.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by goodheart02(m): 9:53pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:

Oh!!! Before you go on and on your fermented akpu induced mental bullshit

I am proudly Omoluabi ,Omo Karo ojire so don't sweat it we know the poverty capital of Southern Nigeria... Where chest beating hairy humanoid pack themselves like sardines on ifesinachi busses to cross river Niger heading to Yoruba land to escape regional poverty

It seems you learnt the word "Humanoid" newly, because that's the major word u have been using since your arguements
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by themanderon: 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
All of this did not by surprise me a bit. Something is in the offing. Who supplied the weapons that the taliban has been using to fight for all these years? Surely they did not manufacture them and the speed with which the Afghan soldiers capitulated is highly suspicious. The next few weeks will reveal what the agenda is.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ocelot2006(m): 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
brightalo1010:

Noise maker usd prayer to go and wage Wars and protect Afghanistan citizens if you think you don't like what Joe Biden did. If prayer no work use tear gas because I know you can't afford gun or bombs.

Is not responsibility of USA to protect Afghanistan unless you can show us where Bible said so.

You don't expect usa tax payers money to be used in protecting other countries. Enough is enough if you don't like what Biden did go and rule or carry your Bible into Afghanistan and use it to fight them.

A carton of small stout and a plate of Nkwobi for this man.

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Benitoh: 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
Americas are honest

They are straight forward

Unlike the British very cunny and dishonest
Look at what they did wth Nigeria just because of their selfish desires.
They caged us together with northerners
Ruling us through northerners
America don't have regard for that kind of child play because they are honest.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Theboss100(m): 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
cool

mutual feelings too......
a stark illiterate who fails to understand that his region has dominated power for years and ironically that same region is the most backward in the country...... Filled with poverty and hunger stricken almajiri illiterates who now drink cow urine combined with freshly cut grass can be quite a shameful and disgraceful thing to humanity.... cheesy
Hahahahaha guy you wicked. See brutality. No no no no, you kant make heaven. gringringringrin
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Angelfrost(m): 9:58pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:

Ok suite yourself Amigo.... If calling me Northerner, Fulani , or any other Bullshit helps your civil war Biafra war defeat low self-esteem issues and inferiority complex, marginalisation complex

Call me whatever you like.. Omo yebboo

There is a saying... When you roll with pigs, you get equally filthy.

You are no different from that person you have been exchanging needless and childish tribal insults. Both of you are exactly the same..

Dimwitted narcissistic ethnic bigots!!! Such a shame!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Kuginzi: 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
For how long will American Soldiers stay in Afghanistan?

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Ruggman: 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
I have said it time without number that Joe Biden is a disaster, American's have joined Nigeria the blame game has just started.
Clueless and hopeless government.
Trump is the real deal, Americans made the greatest mistake electing an incompetent man to lead them.
Welcome on board with Nigeria
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by emmnprince(m): 10:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
Grateful007:
...how much are you paid to type dis nonsense

By now you should understand that FalseProphet always say the opposite of things. Always turn what he say upside down, abi opposite, then and then, you will know what he has said.

For example, if he say, that is white, na black he mean! If he say, see dog dey come, na goat dey come or na go the dog dey go!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by kayjay69(m): 10:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
military strategists say the US cannot commit their entire resources to Afghanistan or any one country alone. if they do, they run the risk of other nations running wild. so you see, even if iraq was not invaded, i do not think the taliban could have been vanquished entirely.

a majority of the people there are deeply conservative. the US installed government was corrupt and inept, the people in government were the direct antithesis of the average afghani. so unless the US dropped an atomic bomb on the entire Afghan people and started all over (which is near impossible) then the outcome was always going to be the same.

just like vietnam, it was a lost cause from the beginning simply because the US felt as they always do that the people of Afghanistan would support them in liberating themselves from the Taliban.

there are countries out there that need true liberation, Nigeria for example, but you won't see the US come to our aid. Rather they would go to places such as Iraq and Afghanistan where not only are they deeply unpopular but they tend to overestimate their reputation.
lexy2014:

i agree with your postulations totally. afghanistan isnt worth d sacrifice but afghanistan isnt actually a graveyard of empires. its actually an exaggerated claim. americas invasion of afghanistan wasnt out of place. d problem was actually d bush/rumsfeld and tony blair factor which diverted war efforts from afghanistan to iraq. fighting two wars at d same time with being hugely unjustified, was d bane of this afghanistan adventure

2 Likes

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by XXXXTENTACION: 10:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
Theboss100:
Hahahahaha guy you wicked. See brutality. No no no no, you kant make heaven. gringringringrin
we will keep hitting them with the truth untill they get sense by force.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by IjeBos(m): 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jeezuzpick:

Yeah.

Great.

So now he's "sacrificed" about 20,000 Americans and millions of sympathetic Afghans who aided the US occupation forces to the Taliban.

I hope you're aware that many Americans are currently trapped in Afghanistan?

I think a lot of people here don't actually know what happened.
Trump made a deal with the Taliban (without the current Afghan government in the room), that by May 1st 2021 the US would leave. And the US wanted a cease fire until then. In return the Trump admin would release 5000 prisoners (one of them who is the Taliban Leader now). In the process Trump drew down the troops and all the supplies needed to maintain them from 14000 to 2500 which was finished the week before Biden was sworn in. He boxed Biden in and bragged about it. He effectively gave the country over to the Taliban. His own words.

https://twitter.com/WUTangKids/status/1427325408148590597
"I started the process, All the troops are coming back home. They couldn’t stop the process. 21 years is enough. Don’t we think? 21 years. [The Biden administration] couldn’t stop the process. They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop the process."

So, on May 1st the Taliban was going to start a new offensive with the aid of the 5000 newly released prisoners. Biden had 2 choices, surge more troops in so he could have time to draw them down or pull everyone out (the same things the Generals told Obama more than 10 years ago); he didn't want to get again boxed in by the military to keep troops for another 10 years. He extended the deadline from May till Sept. He thought he would have 6 month then 90 days.. well until the Afghan army folded. Just to get an idea, Trump left 2500 troops there before he left, we have about 6000 troops there now just to offer protection for the evacuation. If Biden would have wanted to stay longer he would have needed to surge some people say another 100,000 troops to fight the Taliban.

So, ask yourself what would you have done?

5 Likes

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Awoo88: 10:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
I pray make US case no bi like naija own wen dump "not good", jump over bad and worse go carry worst.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by lorenzmond(m): 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
For you to be a great leader, you've to put emotions aside and face squarely what is the real fact.

Biden did the right thing.

How many years will it take till we know that too many people have died in that war.

But, obviously for every action there is equal and opposite reaction.

3 Likes

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ocelot2006(m): 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
goodheart02:

You're the one trying to fool people. We know you hate America, yes we agree, but Stop spamming threads with this gibberish you type. Talibans offering amnesty and western media bla bla bla. Even those in Afghanistan are reaching out to their loved ones outside the country to confirm the terror the Taliban is trying to impose. If so why were those set of Afghans who ran after the transport plane ready to die trying to leave Afghanistan. Atleast that was a video.

I'm afraid he's right. The Taliban offered Amnesty to everyone who fought on the other side. That was announced by them in today's press conference at Kabul. But it's left for the world to see if they'll honour their word.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
Righteousness2:
Way back, we spoke on how America ( The Sleeping Giant) has become a shadow of itself.
I said here that America has become a bunch of Clown, heading for Destruction and on the edge of Oblivion.

The USA did not just become a world Power because they had the Dollar. It is GOD ALMIGHTY that makes Kings and Brings down kings. The POWERS that be are Ordained by GOD. GOD Blessed the USA and made her a Super Power.

The USA has over the years deviated from the laid down Godly Foundation of the Founding Fathers. The USA was built on Judaic Godly Principles but today it has become a Cesspool of Iniquity, Abominations, Lawlessness ,unGodliness and everything evil.

Trump who was seen as Unqualified and a Fornicator was GOD'S Mercy on the USA to turn them back to their root. I remember I kept vocing it here that Trump is a Mercy Period.

What is happening now to the USA is just a shadow of what is Coming. When GOD Invest in you and you mess up! Once your cup gets full , it is Disater and Destruction.

America today From its Leadership has turned its back on GOD.
GOD has also turned HIS back on her.

If GOD turned His First Born Isreal to a graveyard and drove them out of their land when they messed up, America aka Babylon the Great will not be Spared.

My Admonishment to all and sundry is this, in this Endtimes, there are Nations that are appointed for Destruction, so ensure you seek God's Face and Permission before you go on that trip, because GOD will only protect the Person he sends to a place.
Shut up, You annoying prick!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Best speech ever.... Blunt and straight forward

20 years ago, US sent Americans to Afghanistan for their own protection, thousands of Americans died, thousands more physical wounded, hundreds of thousands mentally traumatized, 1 trillion wasted in war expenses without any significant results or benefits to American taxpayers or Christian world

Joe Biden made it crystal clear, 20 years ago some American parents might have been sent to a pointless American mission in Afghanistan, in 2021 he is not willing to send more of the war veterans kids again to witness pointless war their parents witnessed

If you wish to join the Fight as a righteous Christian to defend Afghan Shi'ite, Sunni Muslim or orthodox Catholic, take a flight to Kabul

Joe Biden as a Father watched his son fight as a US Army Major from 2002 to 2015 in the Middle east till he died... That's personal sacrifice of a father

You really do not understand the issue here. The issue is not whether the US should pull out of Afghanistan. Infact, Trump was the President to sign a deal with the Taliban for the US to pull out of Afghanistan. Most Americans agree that it is time to pull out of Afghanistan, but it is the Manner in which the US pulled out that is the problem. I am a Biden supporter, but his advisers messed him up big-time.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Freebills12: 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2021
[color=#770077][/color]
Monogamy:
shocked

Very presidential statement
The question should be 'is America really fighting this war for the Afghan or for herself?... bearing in mind that all the lslamic terrorist groups will converge at Afghanistan to fight her especially Al Qaeda
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2021
Ruggman:
[s]I have said it time without number that Joe Biden is a disaster, American's have joined Nigeria the blame game has just started.
Clueless and hopeless government.
Trump is the real deal, Americans made the greatest mistake electing an incompetent man to lead them.
Welcome on board with Nigeria[/s]

Trash

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by fof1: 10:22pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

20 years ago, US sent Americans to Afghanistan for their own protection, thousands of Americans died, thousands more physical wounded, hundreds of thousands mentally traumatized, 1 trillion wasted in war expenses without any significant results or benefits to American taxpayers or Christian world

Joe Biden made it crystal clear, 20 years ago some American parents might have been sent to a pointless American mission in Afghanistan, in 2021 he is not willing to send more of the war veterans kids again to witness pointless war their parents witnessed

If you wish to join the Fight as a righteous Christian to defend Afghan Shi'ite, Sunni Muslim or orthodox Catholic, take a flight to Kabul

Joe Biden as a Father watched his son fight as a US Army Major from 2002 to 2015 in the Middle east till he died... That's personal sacrifice of a father

IT IS ONLY WAR MONGERS THAT WILL HATE JOE BIDEN'S RESPONSE TO D AFGHAN ISSUES...
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by richeeyo(m): 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2021
Massiveglory:

No wonder the sort of gibberish you put out here Day by day, week by week and month by month.
Very straight
Most idiot have no idea how much it's costing America in dollars to be there,
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by OmoEpe(m): 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:

cool

Mutual feelings... Not expecting any political logical comment from a flat header whose ancestors down to him and ethnicity of 30 million humanoid can't produce a fvcking President in 50 years , vice in 35, senate President in 15 , Speaker in 35.... I mean they can't even gain independence from a fellow black African Nigeria to have a Biafra Nation

I guess eating akpu is the only feat they are meant to achieve

Why come to a mere stick fight with an SMG? Ol boy you wicked o, make I no go cross my lane with you; 1 reaction na 10 die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Jerryherd: 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2021
Meninmen:

You really do not understand the issue here. The issue is not whether the US should pull out of Afghanistan. Infact, Trump was the President to sign a deal with the Taliban for the US to pull out of Afghanistan. Most Americans agree that it is time to pull out of Afghanistan, but it is the Manner in which the US pulled out that is the problem. I am a Biden supporter, but his advisers messed him up big-time.

Lol

Since Trump deal in Dubai till 17 August 2021 what should Biden do differently amidst growing internal and external debt ... Need for SBA loan and EDD with other Stimulus package to stimulate American economy

Bro Biden pulled out intelligently and daring them to do their worst

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Decide2rise: 10:27pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:

cool

Mutual feelings... Not expecting any political logical comment from a flat header whose ancestors down to him and ethnicity of 30 million humanoid can't produce a fvcking President in 50 years , vice in 35, senate President in 15 , Speaker in 35.... I mean they can't even gain independence from a fellow black African Nigeria to have a Biafra Nation

I guess eating akpu is the only feat they are meant to achieve

I have been taking note of your numerous comments on here and I deduced you're a yoruba Muslim. Why can't you be sensible and quit all these tribal tantrums and bigotry? A word is enough for the wise
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Krismas(m): 10:28pm On Aug 17, 2021
falseprophet:
Afghanistan is not in any chaos, the streets are safer now than when America were running things.

Taliban is already offering amnesty to saboteurs and it can only get better from here.

Don't let western media fool you into thinking "Afghanistan have fallen"
coolIndeed, western propaganda like the OP’d story, is the MOST MISLEADING thing anyone can lend ears to! They lie like children! When China fell to the communists in 1945, it was US that started saying rubbish like dis, PEOPLE WILL JUST DIE, and so on. 2million people fled to Taiwan to escape from the so called DANGEROUS COMMUNISTS. Then the KMT in collaboration with the US packed every single wealth of China and shipped it to Taiwan! Today China is the second largest economy in the world, the so-called HORRIBLE COMMUNISTS are not horrible again. Useless western propaganda. Mitcheeew

2 Likes

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by goodheart02(m): 10:28pm On Aug 17, 2021
ocelot2006:

I'm afraid he's right. The Taliban offered Amnesty to everyone who fought on the other side. That was announced by them in today's press conference at Kabul. But it's left for the world to see if they'll honour their word.

I was just trying to make a pinpoint on his way of describing the western media of which I'm sure he's still listening to BBC or CNN. I actually know of the Taliban offered amnesty, but you and I know they are likely not to honor it
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Bluffly: 10:31pm On Aug 17, 2021
I'm 100% sure that those abusing Biden has no single loved one on the long stretch of military grave from the 20 years of US presence in Afghanistan
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by jaxxy(m): 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

The problem is the exit strategy was flawed or embarrassing. He should have work on Trumps deal with taliban for a better exit and even negotiations know it will still be a civil war after the US forces leave. A unity government cud have been formed or atleast a better collapse of the current government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Iran Hackers Hack Into American Government’s Website / Afghan Stowaways Fall To Death After Clinging To Plane (Pics, Video) / Namibia Is One Of The World's Emptiest Countries (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.