Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,271 members, 7,836,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition (14448 Views)

Poll: Is it ok for them to do this sort of thing?

Yes, I support it.: 15% (17 votes)
No, it's a mistake.: 84% (96 votes)
This poll has ended

Are You A Pervert? Take This Test To Find Out.. / Try This Simple Test To Know If You Have A Weird Mind / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Galadriel(f): 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2007
Oh by the way. I am new guys! Just joined Nairaland today.
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by WesleyanA(f): 11:54pm On Jul 27, 2007
Welcome to Nairaland Galadriel tongue how are you?
this site is kind of addicting for some people so try not to get addicted. lol
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by ajadrage: 11:54pm On Jul 27, 2007
People Living With HIV/AIDS. And, mmm I do not want to join issues sha, but like was said, let the man of God clarify issues. It is unjust to discriminate because Jesus no go discriminate who go enter his kingdom. Christians should be seen to be living what they teach. It is unchristian to discriminate in whatever guise. I stand to be corrected
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Galadriel(f): 11:55pm On Jul 27, 2007
My dear I think your warning came too late!!! Once I stumbled upon this forum, I do not know what has come over me! shocked
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Galadriel(f): 11:58pm On Jul 27, 2007
Even at work, once I am done my tasks and waiting for my supervisor to give me new ones, I am always just browsing through threads and reading the ones that catch ma interests!!!
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by WesleyanA(f): 12:15am On Jul 28, 2007
yeah i feel you. grin

but you're now officially part of the family, so welcome. lol
just try to stay out of trouble 'cause there can be so much drama at times.
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Galadriel(f): 12:19am On Jul 28, 2007
Yeah, I feel you on tha one! I have read some threads that have turned real ugly!! embarassed What's up with that? Thanks a lot for replying!
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by shinystar(m): 12:44am On Jul 28, 2007
It' so digusting that a misson University is sperheading this discriminatory policy against PLWHA. I have always known and insisted that religion is our main problem in Nigeria. The question is would Jesus have refused them admission on the account of their HIV status? Would he have shattered their dreams because of that? Why do we preach Christ and act just contrary?
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Galadriel(f): 12:47am On Jul 28, 2007
Its because many at times, we call him Father but know him not!
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Galadriel(f): 1:08am On Jul 28, 2007
If this policy is completely true, shouldnt it have some sort of purpose? What is their aim and what do they have to gain by preventing these students from graduating. Personally I am still trying to understand how all these helps in any way.
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Esss(m): 1:22am On Jul 28, 2007
Just to clarify one thing;
1. Married people(women) who have registered their mariage with the school can do it and be pregnant. That one is allowed according to the original/first post.

Question; Why are people saying/insinuating the Oyedepo is not aware of this Law/rule. The bloody school is his own. He knows. Infact he made the damn law.

Why will parents actually send their kids to such mediocre schools?? I mean the laws/rules are downright ridiculous. No cellphones, No relationships, Lights out, No partying, No socialization, You must attend church on Sundays, Dress codes (this I could understand), e.t.c. And to top it up, they now discriminate against pregnant chicks, and PLWHA (people living with HIV AIDS).

If parents feel their kids are not mentally developed enough to live independently in school then they should keep them at home. This sounds more like bootcamp than a university. Most people are trying to compare CU with Oral Roberts University, but they differ greatly. ORU is being run by smart intelligent educationists, CU is obviously being run by a "nigerian pastor".

A decent university is not determined by the amount of HIV-ive students you have or the amount of Virgins you graduate. It seems they are more concerned with "morals" than the actual purpose a university is created for. University life is supposed to prepare you for both the educational side of life (hence the lectures and books), the political side (Student unions, student associations, e.t.c), the emotional part (hence the freedom of interaction and dating and pregnancy i guess grin), e.t.c.

That school/management needs to review its priorities cos its obvious that they are either confused or outrightly stupid.
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by kaydee(m): 1:28am On Jul 28, 2007
@ David Dylan

U're a big f**k up oh! After all ur crucifixion of Islam,ur hypocrisy is revealed here. U shoulda been silent bout this. What if one of them was ur brother? Don't try to argue further coz u messed up big time
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by honeric01(m): 5:11am On Jul 28, 2007
ajadrage:

People Living With HIV/AIDS. And, mmm I do not want to join issues sha, but like was said, let the man of God clarify issues. It is unjust to discriminate because Jesus no go discriminate who go enter his kingdom. Christians should be seen to be living what they teach. It is unchristian to discriminate in whatever guise. I stand to be corrected
[b][/b]says who? is that how your bible wrote it? Jesus never said everyone will enter the kingdom of God, he said, except a man is born again, he can never seen the kingdom of God, so please stop trying to twist the bible to your taste, Bishop Oyedepo (covenant university) says except you conduct a test for pregnancy and HIV before and after school, you wont be allowed to gain admission or graduate yet until your problems are taken care of, and they never said they won't admit, they only said they will have to screen and then treat the case before any other thing, stop trying to make people think the same way you think and do things, you can't expect all schools are be the same, so every schools has its own policies and this is Covenant's policies, its either you take it or leave it, after all, American embassy won't grant you visa if you are HIV positive and UK won't grant you visa if you either HIV positive or have tuberculosis.
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Galadriel(f): 5:50am On Jul 28, 2007
What problems? Is Oyedepo now the solver of the world's problems? In this life problems abound, what Covenant should be teaching their students is how they deal with the consequences of actions and choices they make in life. Maybe this policy means well, but something about it is just not right. I cant quite put ma finger on it but something about this policy is just not right!!!!
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Galadriel(f): 5:51am On Jul 28, 2007
[qWhy will parents actually send their kids to such mediocre schools?? I mean the laws/rules are downright ridiculous. No cellphones, No relationships, Lights out, No partying, No socialization, You must attend church on Sundays, Dress codes (this I could understand), e.t.c. And to top it up, they now discriminate against pregnant chicks, and PLWHA (people living with HIV AIDS).

uote][quote][/quote]

Are they educating robots?
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Galadriel(f): 5:54am On Jul 28, 2007
Esss:

Just to clarify one thing;
1. Married people(women) who have registered their mariage with the school can do it and be pregnant. That one is allowed according to the original/first post.

Question; Why are people saying/insinuating the Oyedepo is not aware of this Law/rule. The bloody school is his own. He knows. Infact he made the damn law.

Why will parents actually send their kids to such mediocre schools?? I mean the laws/rules are downright ridiculous. No cellphones, No relationships, Lights out, No partying, No socialization, You must attend church on Sundays, Dress codes (this I could understand), e.t.c. And to top it up, they now discriminate against pregnant chicks, and PLWHA (people living with HIV AIDS).

If parents feel their kids are not mentally developed enough to live independently in school then they should keep them at home. This sounds more like bootcamp than a university. Most people are trying to compare CU with Oral Roberts University, but they differ greatly. ORU is being run by smart intelligent educationists, CU is obviously being run by a "nigerian pastor".

A decent university is not determined by the amount of HIV-ive students you have or the amount of Virgins you graduate. It seems they are more concerned with "morals" than the actual purpose a university is created for. University life is supposed to prepare you for both the educational side of life (hence the lectures and books), the political side (Student unions, student associations, e.t.c), the emotional part (hence the freedom of interaction and dating and pregnancy i guess grin), e.t.c.

That school/management needs to review its priorities because its obvious that they are either confused or outrightly stupid.

I couldnt have said it better myself! True talk!
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by 9ja4eva: 5:56am On Jul 28, 2007
@Topic

D policy is thrash and yes people get expelled when they are found pregnant too.

What kind of a rule is dt?Is it not the same school that graduates hypocrites?Me don tire for dis kain talk make people dey talk true abeg

Galadriel:

What problems? Is Oyedepo now the solver of the world's problems? In this life problems abound, what Covenant should be teaching their students is how they deal with the consequences of actions and choices they make in life. Maybe this policy means well, but something about it is just not right. I can't quite put ma finger on it but something about this policy is just not right!!!!

Na all in d name of obey people dey suffer dt thrash.

Deir standard of education is not that high to start with
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Galadriel(f): 5:59am On Jul 28, 2007
How does this impact the future of Nigeria. A school that tells students how to think. yet they have the nerve to say that they are breeding future leaders! Leaders that can't think for themselves, who are forced to sleep at certain times in the night at their age. Even in ma high school, during exam period, all senior gals were left alone to burn the midnight oil! I do not know who came up with this policy, but it seriously needs to go under reconstruction fast!
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by 9ja4eva: 6:02am On Jul 28, 2007
Shows d extent of how hypocrisy can be promoted.

If d skul was all dt y dem no dey known,

Dt is not a school to start with
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by chiegemba(f): 6:09am On Jul 28, 2007
every1 should b given a chance!
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by honeric01(m): 6:11am On Jul 28, 2007
uhm
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Galadriel(f): 6:13am On Jul 28, 2007
Does anyone have an idea when the school's graduation date is?
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by honeric01(m): 6:16am On Jul 28, 2007
go search for their website
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by 9ja4eva: 6:21am On Jul 28, 2007
No idea
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Galadriel(f): 6:26am On Jul 28, 2007
Thanks!
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by samorijack(m): 7:34am On Jul 28, 2007
people like oyedepo should stop playing god,god accepts us regardless of our h.i.v status and he should too,he and his school .
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by honeric01(m): 7:41am On Jul 28, 2007
people are now hitting at someone they shouldn't be hitting at, well you are responsible for your own actions!
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by kaydee(m): 11:21am On Jul 28, 2007
I confirmed that this is all a lie.People living with HIV are in covenant.
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 28, 2007
i wont make comment for or against this cos i graduated from the school.its scary doing the tests knowing your graduation even after convocation is on a shaky pedestal.its for a reason and whatever it is, i hope its purpose is not defeated.
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by somegirl(f): 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2007
Another angle (I don't think anybody has touched this aspect yet): What about the male students who impragnate a woman (or several women)? Are they allowed to graduate?
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by mamaput(f): 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2007
If at all , they should ASK students to sign a contract b4 they start school and not after eating their money,
By the way is it not aganist the law
Re: Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition by Galadriel(f): 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2007
I think most students already knew about that stipulation before they got in. I spoke to my friend who was once in covenant and ma friend told me that the rule had been in effect and most students were aware of it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Thread For Masters Degree Students / Unn Opens Biggest Library In West Africa / 100 Best Secondary Schools In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.