Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer - Programming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer (37139 Views)

Make Your BUSINESS Stand Out! Get AFFORDABLE Websites Done Made With Utmost Care / I Need A Programmer For My Project. / I'm Leaving Nairaland But Not Without A Gift For ALL Programmers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Hassanmaye(m): 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2021
Commanderinpips:

My brother people are frustrated in this country, infact I told my wife few days ago that it seems Nigeria was created to frustrate people. No power, no good internet connection and water. How do we survive.
grin angry sorry
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by TheOldGods: 2:35pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Is it with Animation you Get that kind of money
yes boss. I'm not even making anything, the guy who is like a mentor to me makes 3million on a single 1mins animation. It's all about how you place yourself. Let me tell you the truth, I messed up my university to learn animation. My 200 level gp was 1.6 I swear, I was almost kicked out from school, but now here I am

1 Like

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
damosky12:

Till the 17th century, most parts of the developed world were plagued with slavery and slave trade, the most barbaric forms of racism, cannibalism, and the likes.

It didn't get worse. Things have changed. Civilization has set in.

Terrorism is terrorism. Everything you have said is all tied to terrorism and insecurity. For real, every sensible Nigerian is concerned about this. But overcoming this is not impossible as you seem to suggest. USA, France, Bangladesh, Turkey, etc. have managed to curtail it in the past. Nigeria will too!

Where are you running to BTW? Many Africans are low-key attacked, mistreated, and killed in Europe and the USA. Racism and gangsterism is no joke in many European countries.
Its better to get killed and enjoy a little in those country. The 100k I earn here every month is not enough to survive again
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2021
TheOldGods:
you start with a 100k own. I started animation with a laptop that has 4gb ram old corei5 and 2gb Nvidia 820m which is nonsense. It takes me hours and hours to just preview 1 mins of animation, it made me run mad, but that same laptop made me my first 1million in 3 months. It's all about setting yourself
Is HP Omen 15 Gaming Laptop capable for those animations ?
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2021
abimic:
That is true op, some of my guys with Andela work remote with some American firms but ultimately leaving Nigeria should be everyone's priority as a programmer. If one gets past the live coding test, then one is 60% sure of nailing the job if he/she puts in more efforts. Working as an expatriate can be so sweet, hopefully our button clicks.
what's live coding test ?
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Commanderinpips: 2:43pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hassanmaye:

grin angry sorry

I don't need your sorry at all, I am just concerned about the suffering of others. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by UncleJudax(m): 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

I am not saying boys and girls should not move out...infact, I am moving out too again also cos I have done my best too in the little ways God sent me. However, I do not appreciate the way OP is doing it.

He is going to be a secondary citizen where he is going. Well, who cares about that? But the issue is that he has relatives here. So? What about that?

Anyone who talks like OP has the tendency to just leave, forget about Nigeria, even abandon everything including his friends.

With that kind of style, they always return only when they want to contest for political positions. Though, they tell you they will not, but trust me ...they will.

And if care is not taking, there are jobs he will want or progress he desires that he needs to still look Niaja side. If Naija is destroyed, he wont have such. No matter what and whenever he fills any form, he will forever wrote Nigeria as his place of birth. The reference will be there for the rest of his life. That's it.

So, why cant we be positive in the midst of calamities? I dont pray Nigeria turns to Afghanistan.

So sir, take back your statement. Nigeria will never go beyond redemption. If you understand this negative statement, you will never utter it.

What has prayer got to do with anything? if you like pray reach north pole, Nigeria is beyond redemption.

all the pastors and immams telling you to pray for the country are chilling with the politians.

fix yourself and your family, if you can.

if you like no wake up.
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by macjireh: 2:47pm On Aug 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Tech twitter has been on fire this past few days. First was the new startup law being passed that will see the government taking one percent of startup revenue especially fintechs and the second was the closure of accounts belonging to fintech companies like risevest, investbamboo, and trove. This is just 2 months after the crypto ban.

I predicted this will happen a few months back but some people as usual called me a pessimist. Now, this has happened. They came for gokada first citing stupid reasons yet okadas are still in Lagos driving anyhow. They blocked remittances and made it very difficult to receive money. If you work remotely in Nigeria for a foreign company, you can attest to how difficult it is to receive money. I know people who have lost their jobs just because the companies they work for could not figure out how they could pay them in Nigeria then add the epileptic electricity supply and the bad internet.

If you are a programmer, trust me you are amongst the elite. Walai every day I regret not discovering the tech industry earlier. There's a fucking huge demand for programmers outside the shores of Africa. Latin America, Europe, and Asia. A lot of people think japa and will be thinking USA and Canada. Getting a work visa to these countries as a Nigerian living in Nigeria is almost impossible. It has happened for some people but its not the norm and you should not place your hope on it. The USA has a cap on the amount of work visas that go out every year and those visas most times go to OPT candidates (people who have schooled in the US). Canada doesnt have a cap but they prefer permanent residents or citizens to processing a work visa from scratch for an outsider. Australia same thing.

There are other countries that exist that do not have a cap on work visas and are desperately looking for programmers. These countries can be used as a stepping stone to your final dream destination instead of wasting your life in Nigeria looking for a US or Canadian visa. Countries like portugal, spain, brazil, mexico, vietnam, japan, south korea. The list is endless. These are countries desperately looking for programmers and their work visas arent difficult to get. Their governments are even encouraging tech migration to prepare for the next industrial revolution. As a Nigerian you have a serious advantage getting there. You speak English. English is the unofficial defacto language of the IT industry. If you go on linkedin and search tech jobs in this countries, you would find out that one of the requirements for most of these jobs is professional english proficiency. Their citizens dont have it and a few who have it are headhunted to countries like the US and Canada leaving a huge gap for skilled third worlders like Nigerians to take advantage of. A japanese programmer who speaks english really well can get into the USA easily. Japan has a visa waiver program with the USA and is one of the few countries that shares a working holiday visa with the US. Brazil has one with germany. Uruguay has with sweden. These are countries you should target because their own people are leaving presenting a very huge gap. Once you can get into these countries, leaving to your dream destination isnt too difficult and even if you dont want to leave, these countries have a lot of opportunities for you to build your own tech business. Their governments are very progressive. Their people arent poor or getting poorer and are very open to using technology. Theres another way of getting to the US via L1 company transfer but how many american tech companies exist in Nigeria and whats the size of the engineering team? These countries have as much 2000 to 3000 size engineering teams. You can move there, switch jobs to an american company and request for an L1 company transfer. The possibilities are limitless.

I myself started testing this theory out and I have gotten ten interviews from companies in Ukraine, Poland, Belarus, Vietnam, and Chile. I am in the mid way of 3 and I really hope one goes through as I want to leave the zoo fast.

You might say stay in Nigeria and start a tech business. Well with what the government is doing to startups and the purchasing power of Nigerians reducing everyday, I dont know how that would be viable. NIgeria is so bad to the point that to eat food is a problem. Growing up, Nigeria was never at a level where food will be a problem. Festival periods and we would have food from all our neighbours even the poorest. Now thas not done and the worst is yet to come.

You can say stay in Nigeria and continue remote. Trust me remote work is sweet in your 20s but a sponsorship job is better as you would be provided insurance for, pension plans and all of that which remote work wont give you and remote jobs arent stable especially with small companies. You can lose them anytime and you need to start looking again. Its not bad in your 20s but will you be doing this at 40 and above. Will you be applying to remote jobs at 50 when your mates who migrated are CTOs for fortune 500 companies earning millions of dollars every year while you are looking for scraps in remote.

Make haste o.
I am a novice to programming... wat programming language will u advice I start with?
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by TheManOfTheYear: 2:53pm On Aug 19, 2021
ShedrachU:

Lol, reading this I can sense depression.
You write childishly, read what you wrote again, so stup!d.

From your write up you said you will cure your generation and any of them who enter Africa will die immediately.

And from your last paragraph, you said even if you VISIT Africa it will be another country. THE SAME AFRICA..

ARE YOU NOT STUP!D LIKE THIS?
You are an Igbo no doubt, people like you will engage in drug trafficking once you enter one of those countries, stop deceiving those you can deceive with your disguise as a programmer.
You were making sense until you switched to tribally insulting him (even based on mere assumption that he is igbo).
You're definitely part of the problems of this country.

Secondly, he does have a point about how young, skilled Nigerians should leave this country as soon as they can because this government is hell-bent on tarnishing any developments from young professionals.

Lastly, what he wrote on that post was a bit hyperbolic, he was speaking out of emotions I reckon.

2 Likes

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by ShedrachU(m): 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2021
TheManOfTheYear:

You were making sense until you switched to tribally insulting him (even based on mere assumption that he is igbo).

Secondly, he does have a point about how young, skilled Nigerians should leave this country as soon as they can because this government is hell-bent on tarnishing any developments from young professionals.

Lastly, what he wrote on that post was a bit hyperbolic, he was speaking out of emotions I reckon.

Lol, saying he is Igbo is no assumption. 85% of Igbo are bent on calling Nigeria zoo.

If he's ain't Igbo he should prove me wrong.
Or he should drop his LinkedIn profile link let's see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by DivergentThinka(m): 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2021
TheOldGods:
get paid? People complicate things oo. Don't you have a domiciliary account? Is it not working? What about payoneer, payoneer has a bank account, which you will get paid instantly.
Bro please do you know the rate wit which Payoneer would use to credit my nigerian bank account ?
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by VTJN(m): 3:20pm On Aug 19, 2021
Jamestown123:
See as person fit cause problem for himself. You go curse your generation not to come to africa, if not them go die.
The guy dey jonz smiley smiley
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by 0dav2(m): 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2021
Mehhhh what programming language should I learn now?
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Cousin9999: 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2021
Bossman:
Some valid points are made here regarding working remotely, for the same high salary, with relatively cheaper cost of living. However, we need to remember that constant power supply and uninterrupted (and very good) internet connection are the key to making that work. As a software guy myself, I have visited Nigeria and have tried to do a bit of remote work on some occasions. It's usually not a very pleasant experience, due to the not so reliable internet connection.

Yeah, I understand those issues. That's why I suggested going to another African country in my original comment.

Furthermore, you don't necessarily need to be strongly connected all hours of the day to do this work. You also don't need to be plugged in all day.

Think about this. Some coders use a pencil and pad for most of their development, and they can code fairly involved things in minutes rather than hours. And these aren't elite coders. Furthermore, today you can have a whole development suite on a cell phone. There are also cheap tablets with power comparable to a laptop, and they can go almost a whole day on a single charge.

And connection becomes less relevant when you're releasing your own products instead of strictly working for someone. You can hire people to be available. Let them camp out by their computer while you enjoy yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Angelawhite(m): 3:30pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hassanmaye:

grin grin sorry sir you owe at least your family members and they are Nigerians and to the Nigeria society in general including Buhari grin

Lol. I like the sarcasm grin

1 Like

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by VTJN(m): 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2021
ShedrachU:

From your write up you said you will cure your generation and any of them who enter Africa will die immediately.

And from your last paragraph, you said even if you VISIT Africa it will be another country. THE SAME AFRICA..

You are an Igbo no doubt, people like you will engage in drug trafficking once you enter one of those countries, stop deceiving those you can deceive with your disguise as a programmer.
The guy dey jonz ;

His type are littered across space in Nigeria. They are damn too desperate to make this money. Like too too desperate

They claimed this country cannot get better again. At times i wonder if truly they aren't Nigerians

So bittered, desperate and confused smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Enceladus(m): 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2021
Litmus:
Just when Nigerians are becoming recognised worldwide as excellent programmers and a computing tech and fintech hub is beginning to take root and bloom in Nigeria, some want to sabotage all that. undecided

But do you think it's fair to be a programmer in this country? Nigeria does not deserve anybody with professional skills.
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by lordally(m): 3:38pm On Aug 19, 2021
RedEnergy:
My current girlfriend is a White American. We love each other so much. Our marriage is my permanent ticket out of this Hell called Nigeria. I can't wait. I definitely won't be in this country by 2023 grin

A piece of advice bro... Don't ever rely on her coming to Nigeria for marriage , I'm not saying it won't work all I'm saying is you should on your own start working towards legal ways to Leave Nigeria because you see these people , they're not Reliable. They would love you today , tomorrow they'll switch up. It's all about their own interest.
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by femijay8271(m): 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2021
KushLyon:

start with html and css, then move to javascript after that

Alrite thanks
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by lordally(m): 3:51pm On Aug 19, 2021
antimason:
here is my own dilemma, I am a truck driver very much employed (gainfully), but I have this passion to learn programming. Of course the nature of my job can't give me the chance for person tutelage. So sincerely I want to ask if I can develop it personally,if yes which of the programs is best suited for beginners. And also whenever I decide to start and end up hitting am impasse of understanding the next step can you act as a source of online tutor?

Since you're into Truck driving , I did suggest you look towards Europe. Mostly Eastern European countries. Cos they're easier to move to than the west. Moving via work visa is your best bet. You can use another blue collar job let's say for instance, a Factory Worker or store keeper job to relocate , work for a while while you source for truck driver job or any other thing you want. Peace
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by jimmynauty: 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Tech twitter has been on fire this past few days. First was the new startup law being passed that will see the government taking one percent of startup revenue especially fintechs and the second was the closure of accounts belonging to fintech companies like risevest, investbamboo, and trove. This is just 2 months after the crypto ban.

I predicted this will happen a few months back but some people as usual called me a pessimist. Now, this has happened. They came for gokada first citing stupid reasons yet okadas are still in Lagos driving anyhow. They blocked remittances and made it very difficult to receive money. If you work remotely in Nigeria for a foreign company, you can attest to how difficult it is to receive money. I know people who have lost their jobs just because the companies they work for could not figure out how they could pay them in Nigeria then add the epileptic electricity supply and the bad internet.

If you are a programmer, trust me you are amongst the elite. Walai every day I regret not discovering the tech industry earlier. There's a fucking huge demand for programmers outside the shores of Africa. Latin America, Europe, and Asia. A lot of people think japa and will be thinking USA and Canada. Getting a work visa to these countries as a Nigerian living in Nigeria is almost impossible. It has happened for some people but its not the norm and you should not place your hope on it. The USA has a cap on the amount of work visas that go out every year and those visas most times go to OPT candidates (people who have schooled in the US). Canada doesnt have a cap but they prefer permanent residents or citizens to processing a work visa from scratch for an outsider. Australia same thing.

There are other countries that exist that do not have a cap on work visas and are desperately looking for programmers. These countries can be used as a stepping stone to your final dream destination instead of wasting your life in Nigeria looking for a US or Canadian visa. Countries like portugal, spain, brazil, mexico, vietnam, japan, south korea. The list is endless. These are countries desperately looking for programmers and their work visas arent difficult to get. Their governments are even encouraging tech migration to prepare for the next industrial revolution. As a Nigerian you have a serious advantage getting there. You speak English. English is the unofficial defacto language of the IT industry. If you go on linkedin and search tech jobs in this countries, you would find out that one of the requirements for most of these jobs is professional english proficiency. Their citizens dont have it and a few who have it are headhunted to countries like the US and Canada leaving a huge gap for skilled third worlders like Nigerians to take advantage of. A japanese programmer who speaks english really well can get into the USA easily. Japan has a visa waiver program with the USA and is one of the few countries that shares a working holiday visa with the US. Brazil has one with germany. Uruguay has with sweden. These are countries you should target because their own people are leaving presenting a very huge gap. Once you can get into these countries, leaving to your dream destination isnt too difficult and even if you dont want to leave, these countries have a lot of opportunities for you to build your own tech business. Their governments are very progressive. Their people arent poor or getting poorer and are very open to using technology. Theres another way of getting to the US via L1 company transfer but how many american tech companies exist in Nigeria and whats the size of the engineering team? These countries have as much 2000 to 3000 size engineering teams. You can move there, switch jobs to an american company and request for an L1 company transfer. The possibilities are limitless.

I myself started testing this theory out and I have gotten ten interviews from companies in Ukraine, Poland, Belarus, Vietnam, and Chile. I am in the mid way of 3 and I really hope one goes through as I want to leave the zoo fast.

You might say stay in Nigeria and start a tech business. Well with what the government is doing to startups and the purchasing power of Nigerians reducing everyday, I dont know how that would be viable. NIgeria is so bad to the point that to eat food is a problem. Growing up, Nigeria was never at a level where food will be a problem. Festival periods and we would have food from all our neighbours even the poorest. Now thas not done and the worst is yet to come.

You can say stay in Nigeria and continue remote. Trust me remote work is sweet in your 20s but a sponsorship job is better as you would be provided insurance for, pension plans and all of that which remote work wont give you and remote jobs arent stable especially with small companies. You can lose them anytime and you need to start looking again. Its not bad in your 20s but will you be doing this at 40 and above. Will you be applying to remote jobs at 50 when your mates who migrated are CTOs for fortune 500 companies earning millions of dollars every year while you are looking for scraps in remote.

Make haste o.

For me will invest in young wans and show them this suggestions
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by lordally(m): 3:58pm On Aug 19, 2021
CSTRR:

I have been trying to master front end Development.

It's not been easy mhen.

Javascript is a beast.

What Resource or Resources do you use to learn? It might be the cause
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by UncleJudax(m): 4:02pm On Aug 19, 2021
CSTRR:

I have been trying to master front end Development.

It's not been easy mhen.

Javascript is a beast.

what can you already do? once you get comfortable abit with Html, css and js....pick a framework (vue or react) ...you will start writing fewer codes. but you need that js fundamentals.
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by damosky12(m): 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2021
TJoshy:
Its better to get killed and enjoy a little in those country. The 100k I earn here every month is not enough to survive again

LOL. You think those in Europe and USA are having it all easy? Ask questions!
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by UncleJudax(m): 4:15pm On Aug 19, 2021
Vegasss:
Can anyone actually get a tech job (remote or otherwise) without a degree. If this person has a certificate and is good to some extent?? Please someone give me some educative answer. Thanks
if you show you work, why not. However, with no degree, yout pay maybe affected but this may also depend on the company and/or country.
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by UncleJudax(m): 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2021
ShedrachU:

this is all you could take out of his article? You can do better.

1 Like

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by VTJN(m): 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2021
TheManOfTheYear:

very hyperbolic. The guy is emotionally fluffy smiley
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by UncleJudax(m): 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2021
HobbiDr:

Oboy!!! Hahaha... This hate is it for Nigeria as a country itself or for its citizenry or country and citizenry combine gringringrin... Funny i must say.

Okay, now please I'm new and would like to learn this programming of a thing because from the look it's becoming the future of the world now.

Please can you take me in the hand for a walk through to the very end? Dont worry I'm a fast learner with an engineering background and in my mid 30's kindly let me know what it will take me to be a professional.
you studied engineering (if e like make be sand engineering) without learning one programming language? chai...naija
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by vickimannia855: 4:30pm On Aug 19, 2021
Please I would like to ask because I also have interest in IT, my question is, between been a programmer and a cyber security expert which one is better
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by bukxy: 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Na only web development. Trust me bros me I always do what I say. You can go and trace my posts from when I started learning programming here and was even creating threads asking for help on CSS. Those threads are still there. Even getting certified in salesforce. Someone here said that I won't achieve anything with it. The same salesforce is giving me interviews from large corporate firms from all over the world o.

boss!
i need to connect with you,
I'm 19,
i'm good in Html,css,javascript,jquery,php,mysql,Ajax,

this is 3rd year i have been learning programming,

i'm almost 60% done with a social media project i'm building though i am doing this for my own knowledge and personal experience cos i am not deploying it to the world,

i sent you a pm,pls can you kindly respond with your whatsapp no?

even what i do presently on linkedin is just to send connection invitation link,
i dnt know how to search for jobs
i also needs connection,

1 Like

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by VictorOpurum32(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Bros trust me once I leave this country I wilk never come back and I will lay a curse on my generations. Anyone who decides to come back to Africa will die immediately he lands in African country. I shall lay the curse naked. Walai and I also tell my children the same thing. Anyday they return to where I have struggled to escape from they will die.

There's really no job in Nigeria I can come for. Maybe before I became a programmer you can say so. But all the money I make from programming it's white men. Infact my present skillset and how good I am now was my boss that took me under his mentorship and taught me so much. He's a white man. I have brought In two young Nigerians both juniors into the same company and he's also all teaching us. The same people were rejected by companies in Nigeria but na oyinbo man still come give them chance. Through his mentorship I have gone to work on projects that are used by billion dollar companies. Billion with a b o. As for political position, you can forget it. I will never ever contest to Be a politician in the zoo. I never even did my nysc after graduation so that disqualifies me and I don't give a Bleep.

There's really nothing Nigeria has given me I can say yes thank God I am a Nigerian. My university education wasn't even in Nigeria. As for working in Nigeria. I have only worked with a Nigerian company for two months and that was it the rest of my work has been with companies based abroad.

Secondary Citizen lol maybe for other professions not for programmers O. You don't know what is going on now. The tech industry is basically an employee's market now. This other countries I am talking about. Their salaries might not be USA level but they are ten times higher than Nigeria. I won't pay rent. Food will be given to me. This was stated explicitly at the interviews I have done so basically my salary will just be a pocket money. You can feel the desperation in their eyes even during interviews.

As for my family I really wish them well. The only thing I will do is build a house in Ghana for my mom and dad to stay in and bring my sister over immediately she graduates but as for Nigeria once I am done that's it. Even if I come to Africa to visit I will go to another African country and then the person who wants to see me will come there.
Guy you funny gan
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by abimic(m): 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2021
TJoshy:
what's live coding test ?
To prove your competence and expertise, you would be given some word problems to solve which provide solutions to a peculiar problem, could be in JavaScript, php or python. One I took last was in Python, JavaScript and you are timed, with some conditions set, if you get past this stage, believe me, your chances are high to get to the interview stage. My case study was for an American firm precisely in New York.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates / Top Earners in the Nigerian Software Industry / How To Download Any Udemy Course For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.