Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State (46371 Views)

Shuwa Arabs In Lagos Declare Support For Tinubu And Sanwo-Olu (Photos) / Edo APC Crisis: Obaseki Rejects Ganduje Committee, Backs Buhari's Reconciliation / Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by thomasjoe(m): 7:28pm On Aug 19, 2021
Sirjamo:
The only sacrilege here is not going through the palace of the Oba to get his approval.

There's nothing wrong in having a Sultan for the Shuwa migrants in Edo. I know Benin people will have a traditional head in Borno, since Igbo have igwe and Yoruba have a Kabiesi.

I AM DONE TALKING
Thanks for your point but kindly let me add these:
Having a head is different from coronarion...
Coronation is what they are about to do...Edo are hospitable and already have many tribes in peaceful coexistence ...

Ask yourself these questions:
Why was the Edo state traditional council not alerted?
Do Fulanis and Hausas not have communities in Edo state and leaders too ? What is with a coronation when there is an existing monarch ...

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by BKayy: 7:28pm On Aug 19, 2021
belzabull:
I see what you did there

onyeara grin
Nne, hapụ mụ oh grin
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by eteba(m): 7:28pm On Aug 19, 2021
Oluolad86:
cry please continue praying for me for perfect healing. Thanks
I pray you get well soon....Amen

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by BKayy: 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2021
orisa37:
Bkayy is just a SPOILER.
Wetin man go do na?
No be them talk say they want Nigeria and that IPOB/Biafra na their problem.
I support people on what they like na
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by Born2Breed(f): 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2021
It can't work in Benin. Men don already barracade the hotel.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by Evaloyal2J(f): 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2021
grin You Craze
BKayy:
Let it be known that I am against the xenophobia perpetrated by the people of Ẹdo against the peaceful coronation of the Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Ẹdo state.
This might be a stumbling block to the peaceful coexistence of Nigeria.
Lets call a spade a spade. Ẹdo people is wrong here.
They should learn to accommodate their fellow countrymen and allow the Sultan to be coronated so as to bolster national unity and peaceful coexistence which the people of Ẹdo (Bini, Esan, Etsako, Igara and Akoko Ẹdo) fought and are still fighting to uphold.
One Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by BKayy: 7:31pm On Aug 19, 2021
Evaloyal2J:
grin You Craze
grin
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by belzabull(f): 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:

Nne, hapụ mụ oh grin
cheesy
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by Web2020: 7:33pm On Aug 19, 2021
Simbrixton:
Nigeria is a country with laws and rules i believe the federal government should weigh into this matter it would be unfair if malami no do anything about this issue
You and Buhari and Malami will die if you want to force yourself on Edo people. Mark my words. Edo will fight with all within their reach. This is totally unacceptable. No two King in Edo. It can never happen!

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by esdeemiami(m): 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2021
Na so e dey start.....by the time dem don gain ground them go unleash their main aim....

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by UGBE634: 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Learn tolerance afterall there are large percentage of Muslims in edo state roughly 40%. Edo north are entirely muslims.

There is need for sultanate arm there.
Young man you would be mad if you think Edo north is entirely muslim. The towns with the most Muslim populations in Edo north are Auchi and Agbede. And even at that at most Edo north would be 30% Moslems as against the general view of 'entire Edo north'.
As a senatorial district Edo north itself will be 26 percent of Edo state population. I wonder where you came up with 40% of Edo state are moslems

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by ComeToJesus: 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2021
Wetin Sultan dey find for Edo?
No be Sokoto be the seat of the Caliphate?

Do we truly have Arabs in Nigeria? Where did they emigrate from?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by AdTimmy: 7:35pm On Aug 19, 2021
But the southerners are not known for crimes unlike the northern people that are only known for crimes in other regions
Sirjamo:
The only sacrilege here is not going through the palace of the Oba to get his approval.

There's nothing wrong in having a Sultan for the Shuwa migrants in Edo. I know Benin people will have a traditional head in Borno, since Igbo have igwe and Yoruba have a Kabiesi.

I AM DONE TALKING

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by mhmsadyq(m): 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
Mikecold:
Strong statement from obaseki

I expected this

No chance given

Your nightmare!
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by Sunnyja: 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:
Let it be known that I am against the xenophobia perpetrated by the people of Ẹdo against the peaceful coronation of the Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Ẹdo state.
Lets call a spade a spade. Ẹdo people are wrong here.
They should learn to accommodate their fellow countrymen and allow the Sultan to be coronated so as to bolster national unity and peaceful coexistence which the people of Ẹdo (Bini, Esan, Etsako, Igara and Akoko Ẹdo) fought for and are still fighting to uphold.
One Nigeria
Did you read upside down the part where it was stated that it's against the state law for any one to proclaim himself a king ?!
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by ello29(m): 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2021
uBuNiT:
Why ? Allow them. IPOB is the people you shouldn't give chance
WE WILL NOT ALLOW KILLERS FULANI HERDSMEN AND BOKO HARAM MILITANTS TRYING TO INFILTRATE SW, SE, SS, MIDDLE BELT REGION WITH ALL STRATEGY
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by Simbrixton(m): 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2021
UGBE634:
They can only talk, you have forgotten that states have some level of autonomy
what law exactly have they broken? edo and unnecessary court cases dont you have edo associations in abuja?
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by Simbrixton(m): 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2021
Web2020:
You and Buhari and Malami will die if you want to force yourself on Edo people. Mark my words. Edo will fight with all within their reach. This is totally unacceptable. No two King in Edo. It can never happen!
naso Oguname die yesterday typical edo man curses everyday i just tire for una who no go die cant you speak reasonably the guy is a leader of a community not a king
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by johnnobles: 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2021
Guide777:
Sultan in Edo? Small small, they are creeping out. Hope they will not cause t,,,,rouble in Edo State?
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by esdeemiami(m): 7:42pm On Aug 19, 2021
Why we dey like cause problem for ourselves and the unborn children, can't everyone just respect their individual space for peace to reign and allow people enjoy life must we create a problem and them start looking for solution.....seriously humans wahala too much
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 19, 2021
Nigeria is disintegrating gradually going by this attitude we are portraying. Let the war begins then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xumMs0eNU0A
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by Web2020: 7:44pm On Aug 19, 2021
Simbrixton:
naso Oguname die yesterday typical edo man curses everyday i just tire for una who no go die cant you speak reasonably the guy is a leader of a community not a king
He should go to your community to lead you and your father. It is totally unacceptable in Edo. You can never deceive us the way you (Fulani) deceive the Hausas. Rubbish!

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by Cele777: 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
Juliusmalema:

I just want to be a voice to the voiceless edo Muslims today.

God willing we will establish the caliphate there.
Allah is a pig and Muhammad is a dog

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by penplus: 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2021
Juliusmalema:

I just want to be a voice to the voiceless edo Muslims today.

God willing we will establish the caliphate there.

Edo Muslims have been living peacefully with Edo Christians, they've never had crisis within them...don't bring your division there...it won't work

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by mightyhaze: 7:50pm On Aug 19, 2021

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2021
nairavsdollars:

https://independent.ng/obaseki-rejects-planned-coronation-of-sultan-in-edo/

They want Edo state to look like Borno state . Edo people reject this kind of offer from Borno grin
If they can travel far and wide just for coronation, they should also be ready to do everything to restore peace to their beloved state.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by gasparpisciotta: 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2021
O da bii pe ori awon fulani daran daran ti yi pata pata!!!!!
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
penplus:

Edo Muslims have been living peacefully with Edo Christians, they've never had crisis within them...don't bring your division there...it won't work

Then allow them have their sultanate
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by amliftedhigher: 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:
Lets call a spade a spade. Ẹdo people are wrong here.
They should learn to accommodate their fellow countrymen and allow the Sultan to be coronated so as to bolster national unity and peaceful coexistence which the people of Ẹdo (Bini, Esan, Etsako, Igara and Akoko Ẹdo) fought for and are still fighting to uphold.
One Nigeria
I hope your parents are not happy that they have a child?
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by rayvelez(m): 7:53pm On Aug 19, 2021
Imagine this nonsense wtf is Sultan in Edo state, thisbpeople madness is getting out of hand.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by Liverpoolfc(m): 7:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
[quote author=Juliusmalema post=104968266]

Learn tolerance afterall there are large percentage of Muslims in edo state roughly 40%. Edo north are entirely muslims.

There is need for sultanate arm there.[/quote Tolerance fire you there. If this rubbish happen for Edo, i will personally lead a statewide protest.
Re: Obaseki Rejects Idriss Addano's Coronation As Sultan of Shuwa Arab of Edo State by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2021
mhmsadyq:

Your nightmare!
I am concerned because we know what the Northerners that incidentally have an Islamic believe of jihad have been doing in the south

Is this not the same concern in the south west where you may be from because we hear such everywhere in south west?

Reason why amotekun was created, reason why all southern governors came together for no land to fulani

Nobody wants to give these people an inch because evidently they engage in kidnapping on highway, killing, raping and disturbing farmers

Now shouldn't a normal person see this as a nightmare situation?

Apparently the chief security officer of my state who knows more than me about the state security agrees with me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Andy Ubah Obtained His PhD From A Degree Vendor - Sahara Reporters (Photos) / Babangida Sarki: Kebbi Governor Sacks Aide For Posting Gay Content On WhatsApp / Amaechi Kneels Down, Prays At Redeem Christian Church In Rivers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.