Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,071 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:06 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1369787 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 9:15am On Sep 12, 2021
damseltiwa:
Good afternoon everyone, please I have a question.

I did my biometrics on 2nd Sept at Ikeja and I've not received any mail at all since then. Is it everyone that received the "CAS has been used mail"?
I'm tracking it and it's still at DMC
Although I have previous refusal in 2015 but I don't feel it's an issue cos I've seen several people with refusal getting visa.

Have they sent you a CAS has been used mail? That might not portend well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 9:16am On Sep 12, 2021
Adorablemom:
Good day all, I am currently filling my visa application, on my Cas it is stated that the evidence used in obtaining this offer is copy of degree certificate from Xyz University. Please does this mean that I can only submit my degree certificate because that is what is stated on my Cas. Do I still need to upload my transcript and WAEC. Gurus in the house please help me out, people that have gotten visa too, please your input would be appreciated.
Only your degree certificate is needed

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 9:21am On Sep 12, 2021
deewhone19:

People going to Teesside or already at Teeside... abeg which means una take enter... cos most flight to Newcastle have a layover of about 12hrs or more at Heathrow which I feel is too much. Is it advisable to fly to Heathrow and board train to Middlesbrough instead of waiting for 12hrs or more to connect your flight to Newcastle before then entering Middlesbrough or how una take run am.
Abeg people going to Teesside let's connect.

Just wait for 12 hours and save your self the stress

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2021
Visa2022:
Hello Folks,
Please I need all the advice I can get so I don't make a costly mistake.

I recently secured an admission in Teesside University, Middlesbrough, UK.(Data Science and Analytics)..

The tuition fee I'm to pay is approximately £15k ( over 4 or 5 instalments).

Now my question is:
What are the prospects of me being able to raise this sum of money from side jobs I'd take up, considering the limited work hours permit for student visas. (£15k looks like a lot of money and I'd overstretch myself to meet up with payment).

My bro has been advising me to ignore the admission and apply to US schools next year and see if I can secure admission on scholarship ( He's currently schooling on scholarship)...

He says trying to meet up with the £15k tuition payment would wear me out and drastically affect my performance at school, which makes no sense in the long run.

Please House, what do you think?? Are there chances of raising such funds within the 1year period

Please I need all the advise I can get.
Cc: justwise

You have zero chance, listen to your brother

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rabato: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2021
bemagnify:

Nigerian banks use the official CBN rate.. therefore it is cheaper than black market rate...

Black market rate for GBP is about 730 while Official bank rate is 580 to 590...

Choose wisely bro.
Chose wisely ke’ there is nothing to chose na bank I dey go straight. Omo na so I for take pay 2.2m o! God forbid. Abeg if you get questions better ask o! No matter how stupid it sounds there will always be a response to it

12 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2021
Rabato:

Please I am yet to understand something, is it cheaper paying from Nigeria because the person who I want to help me pay my deposit in the UK is charging me the normal black market rate.

Put your Naira in a bank account and apply with Form A, you will get the official rate and payment will be done directly to the school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rabato: 9:30am On Sep 12, 2021
Enraf:

Put your Naira in a bank account and apply with Form A, you will get the official rate and payment will be done directly to the school
Thank you so very much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2021
fabulous2019:
Please I want to pay for visa fee and Ihs fee, can I use my gtb us$ debit card
But the money is in dollars oh
Urgent please

Yes that’s normal
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rabato: 9:36am On Sep 12, 2021
Abeg if you are for Birmingham City University January 2022 make we begin dey link up from now o!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by invisible007: 9:37am On Sep 12, 2021
Please how long does it take courier to deliver passport from TLS... I got collection mail on Friday and I reside in Delta

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fabulous2019: 9:38am On Sep 12, 2021
Thanks enraf u too much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vivvica(f): 9:38am On Sep 12, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by delxmaverick(m): 9:42am On Sep 12, 2021
Boss, I have been away for a while… Na work stress jere… I saw your post above… Nice one prepare well… I am also doing the same thing but this school called Teesside haven’t said a word to me since I sent them an email regarding my refusal. What is that?

Anyways, we are putting a call through on Monday sha… Dem Don reply you

Punkydude:

Its not dear, no need to worry. Some cases are unique like mine. As for me, am just confident they are conducting a background check on the person i said am going to stay with cuz 40% of the first interview was on that. An application she put forward was refused last month self, so am just facing the brunt.

Even @delxmaverick also confirmed that they asked him alot on his uncle, whom he said he was going to stay with.

Its not about finance, else they would have just sent the refusal immediately. Its just about the study gap and the unfortunate coincidence.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Visa2022: 9:46am On Sep 12, 2021
justwise:

Hmmm...
Okay, thanks for your input..I appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Anbandaras: 9:55am On Sep 12, 2021
Anbandaras:
Good Morning Gurus in the house ,I want to pay for IHS,i have a dependant,added her details during the application,I’m confused it’s showing I don’t have dependant, any input please

@justwise kindly help out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 10:11am On Sep 12, 2021
Visa2022:
Hello Folks,

I recently secured an admission in Teesside University, Middlesbrough, UK.(Data Science and Analytics)..

Now my question is:
What are the prospects of me being able to raise this sum of money from side jobs I'd take up, considering the limited work hours permit for student visas. (£15k looks like a lot of money and I'd overstretch myself to meet up with payment).

My bro has been advising me to ignore the admission and apply to US schools next year and see if I can secure admission on scholarship ( He's currently schooling on scholarship)...

He says trying to meet up with the £15k tuition payment would wear me out and drastically affect my performance at school, which makes no sense in the long run.

Please House, what do you think?? Are there chances of raising such funds within the 1year period

Either you look for a 2 yr course which will make you pay 7500/yr or less which is more doable or go to the US

15K in one year is not going to be easy with studies

I sometimes wonder how lots on people on this thread want to do it without help from home

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OrionDigits24: 10:11am On Sep 12, 2021
invisible007:
Please how long does it take courier to deliver passport from TLS... I got collection mail on Friday and I reside in Delta
24hrs interval, just track, once it has departed PH to Delta, give it 6hrs max and go to their office, if it is within working hrs. You may not wait for them to call you, kill the anxiety on time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OrionDigits24: 10:13am On Sep 12, 2021
Please who knows if Ethiopian Airlines is ok to fly to London, any restrictions on the Airline?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by invisible007: 10:23am On Sep 12, 2021
OrionDigits24:

24hrs interval, just track, once it has departed PH to Delta, give it 6hrs max and go to their office, if it is within working hrs. You may not wait for them to call you, kill the anxiety on time.

Thanks for this..... *tension* undecided

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by francis00(m): 10:24am On Sep 12, 2021
justwise:

@justwise mine is similar to this but it's for 2years, 7500 for the first year and 7500 for the second year, I will be paying 4000 bfr leaving Nigeria and there is 1500 scholarship for me so the remaining balance is 2k pounds, and the remaining 7500 for the next year,is it possible to be able to pay it with the 20hrs a week given for students. Please answer this @ justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Profgame(m): 10:26am On Sep 12, 2021
IfGodbforme:
Good evening family, please who are those coming to university of Sussex this September? Let's connect. I am in the UK �� already.

I am coming this September. Can we link up.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by IAMSYLVIA: 10:28am On Sep 12, 2021
Visa2022:
Hello Folks,

Now my question is:

Well, you have to consider your options,
Are you for September or January
If for January, there’s a long study break between May to September, which you would be entitled to work full time and make some better wages.
If it’s a 2year programme, same thing applies.
You just have to confirm your academic calendar.
However, you should have some money saved to cover your deposit and at least first installment with some upkeep money handy..
If you’re very sure of getting the US scholarship, it’s a better option though

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by IAMSYLVIA: 10:39am On Sep 12, 2021
francis00:

@justwise mine is similar to this but it's for 2years, 7500 for the first year and 7500 for the second year, I will be paying 4000 bfr leaving Nigeria and there is 1500 scholarship for me so the remaining balance is 2k pounds, and the remaining 7500 for the next year,is it possible to be able to pay it with the 20hrs a week given for students. Please answer this @ justwise

There are student breaks in between which you could work full time.
Check your academic calendar.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bemagnify: 10:41am On Sep 12, 2021
Rabato:

Chose wisely ke’ there is nothing to chose na bank I dey go straight. Omo na so I for take pay 2.2m o! God forbid. Abeg if you get questions better ask o! No matter how stupid it sounds there will always be a response to it

Lolz use UBA if u are going to the bank ... They remit ur school fees deposit faster, other banks may take 2 to 3 weeks. This thread can I attest to it...

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by damseltiwa: 10:45am On Sep 12, 2021
No they've not. Still hopeful ☺️

Have they sent you a CAS has been used mail? That might not portend well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by holavic20: 10:47am On Sep 12, 2021
Good morning, I got my CAS on 10th September my school starts course date is 20th of September, and on school registration closes on 1st of October. I think the best I can do Is apply for superpriority visa category so as to meet up or should I go for just priority.??
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Boofrenzy: 10:51am On Sep 12, 2021
If there's anything I've learnt about success is not to under estimate your strength, courage and hardwork. Determination is the key to success and there's no limit to what you can achieve . I know a person going to UK for a 19k pounds school fees , don't get me wrong this person ain't rich but she has this belief in herself and I know she'll scale through. Now if you afraid of the unknown, it's your weakness , if you believe you'll succeed. My advise believe in yourself or trust in a person.
Visa2022:
Hello Folks,

Now my question is:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 10:57am On Sep 12, 2021
IAMSYLVIA:

Well, you have to consider your options,
Are you for September or January
If for January, there’s a long study break between May to September, which you would be entitled to work full time and make some better wages.
If it’s a 2year programme, same thing applies.
You just have to confirm your academic calendar.
However, you should have some money saved to cover your deposit and at least first installment with some upkeep money handy..
If you’re very sure of getting the US scholarship, it’s a better option though

smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 10:59am On Sep 12, 2021
Boofrenzy:
If there's anything I've learnt about success is not to under estimate your strength, courage and hardwork. Determination is the key to success and there's no limit to what you can achieve . I know a person going to UK for a 19k pounds school fees , don't get me wrong this person ain't rich but she has this belief in herself and I know she'll scale through. Now if you afraid of the unknown, it's your weakness , if you believe you'll succeed. My advise believe in yourself or trust in a person.

Forget belief and aspire to aspire, this is reality

LOL e say she believe in herself. This is £19K we are talking about here, not 5K

It's either she uses 'ori olori' and school suffers or she completely drops out

The option i know that works for people is for their dependent to work to pay the fees for them, and they switch positions after graduation

Other than that.. OYO is the case o

11 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vivvica(f): 10:59am On Sep 12, 2021
holavic20:
Good morning, I got my CAS on 10th September my school starts course date is 20th of September, and on school registration closes on 1st of October. I think the best I can do Is apply for superpriority visa category so as to meet up or should I go for just priority.??
Thanks

If your pof is ready now then apply for priority visa ASAP . You should have collected your visa in max 8days if all things go smoothly .. but if you’re still counting POF , just do super priority .

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tchim: 11:01am On Sep 12, 2021
scobyy2007:
okay

@scobyy2007,kindly check your mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by holavic20: 11:08am On Sep 12, 2021
vivvica:

If your pof is ready now then apply for priority visa ASAP . You should have collected your visa in max 8days if all things go smoothly .. but if you’re still counting POF , just do super priority .
thanks so much, my POF is ready , but I am considering , high rate of visa application for visa so I won't be delayed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (1008)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.