Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (977) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1254536 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dablac01: 10:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
Oncanada:

It depends on the plan you subscribed to. You can access 2k only on the annual plan.

I did the annual plan, i can only spend 500$ from the 1st-15th, then 1,500$ from the 16th-30th.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by uulove(f): 10:12pm On Jan 19, 2022
Osoderi:

I only paid Day2 for £50.. which is 34k was removed from my Nig. account

This is quite expensive. Day 2 and 8 tests cost just £15 with vivo clinic. You can book it from UK gov website.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Jhayson(m): 10:13pm On Jan 19, 2022
Anyone used Travelbeta for booking lately?
Are they reliable?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MercyJJC: 10:13pm On Jan 19, 2022
Is advisable to live in Manchester while schooling in Derby?

I have serious difficulties securing accommodation for me and my wife in Derby. My school is university of Derby. But a friend of a friend is willing to help get a place in Manchester.

That is why I am asking please it's urgent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bonsue908: 10:17pm On Jan 19, 2022
Abbadmus:

Use vpn it will work perfectly

Vpn will work
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by uulove(f): 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2022
MercyJJC:

I have serious difficulties securing accommodation for me and my wife in Derby. My school is university of Derby. But a friend of a friend is willing to help get a place in Manchester.

How do you intend to commute to school? I think it will be quite expensive. The cheapest train ticket you can get is a split save and it costs £37. A regular ticket costs £64.50 from Manchester to Derby.
Lets assume you have lectures twice a week. It will cost you between £74 to £109 a week. Its really on the high side or do you have a full scholarship?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by uulove(f): 10:27pm On Jan 19, 2022
MercyJJC:

You may want to look for accommodation around Burton-on-Trent or Tamworth. That way you will be spending less.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bonsue908: 10:28pm On Jan 19, 2022
MercyJJC:

@ MercyJJC …. derby to Manchester is like 1hr 50
Minutes by Car which I don’t think it would be easy. You can check nearest places to derby for easier and better accommodation .. Plus have you arrived Uk yet ? I’m also for January intake in derby
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by canadaishome: 10:28pm On Jan 19, 2022
I've said this before and will say it again just as few other people have stated.
Pleaseeeeeeee
Have a PLAN when you are coming to the UK. Don't just plan for visa application only.
In our online induction today, a Nigerian had the audacity to ask the lecturer why the lectures are Mondays to Thursdays and how are they expected to work and pay balance of school fees?

It was so embarassing. That kind question is for "inside house"
Let's conduct ourselves properly in front of outsiders abeg else UK might start doing what Germany does with blocked accounts.

Abeg oooo

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Exoticmm(f): 10:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
Did you try this, are they good?

uulove:

This is quite expensive. Day 2 and 8 tests cost just £15 with vivo clinic. You can book it from UK gov website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by yourfavourite: 10:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
Not yet
GT012022:

Have you gotten any update?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by uulove(f): 10:43pm On Jan 19, 2022
Exoticmm:
Did you try this, are they good?

That is the test I booked for my sister-in-law. It was pretty straightforward. You just do a swab, take a snapshot of the swab with the data page of your international passport, upload it to their site and you get your result in less than 5 minutes.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Exoticmm(f): 10:44pm On Jan 19, 2022
shocked shocked shocked

canadaishome:
I've said this before and will say it again just as few other people have stated.
Pleaseeeeeeee
Have a PLAN when you are coming to the UK. Don't just plan for visa application only.
In our online induction today, a Nigerian had the audacity to ask the lecturer why the lectures are Mondays to Thursdays and how are they expected to work and pay balance of school fees?

Let's conduct ourselves properly in front of outsiders abeg else UK might start doing what Germany does with blocked accounts.

Abeg oooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by uulove(f): 10:44pm On Jan 19, 2022
canadaishome:
Pleaseeeeeeee

Abeg oooo

Well said!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sonwa: 10:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
It really true, my offer states 50%
LuchiBianca:
I just checked so be sure and it says you must pay the remaking upon enrolment . As at last year what you said was the norm. I know this because I applied for a course there but didn't accept the offer.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rhennykay: 10:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
LuchiBianca:
No they don't. Just the initial deposit of 2k pounds
Thanks. Initial deposit is now 3k pounds as stated on the condition of their offer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mannymanny: 11:02pm On Jan 19, 2022
Lola0211:

Salford uni for masters in innovation and IT management asked 5500 pounds as deposit
Mad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by unknownknowguy: 11:03pm On Jan 19, 2022
emysassy:
Keystone. They debited the next day.

Thank you, which branch did you use and when was this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mollue(m): 11:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
How long does it take to get a Visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ibrahim2032: 11:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
Amen
skarlet:
Who's Team Dec 30th, Ikeja TLS?

This week, prepare for glory!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by skarlet: 11:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
uulove:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by skarlet: 11:13pm On Jan 19, 2022
uulove:

That is the test I booked for my sister-in-law. It was pretty straightforward. You just do a swab, take a snapshot of the swab with the data page of your international passport, upload it to their site and you get your result in less than 5 minutes.

Did Day 2 and Day 8 PCR Tests cost £110?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 11:18pm On Jan 19, 2022
canadaishome:

Abeg oooo

Why do I need to have a plan when I can pray and fast against imaginary enemies and bullies on Nairaland?

angry grin

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mannymanny: 11:19pm On Jan 19, 2022
LuchiBianca:
I
If you are Looking at cities with job opportunities maybe you should ignore Sheffield. No offence to students there. grin Salford Coventry are bigger cities. Roehampton is in London so is middlesex

One can move to another city after studies right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by uulove(f): 11:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
skarlet:

Did Day 2 and Day 8 PCR Tests cost £110?

No. That is too expensive. You need to choose the self-testing option. Infact zoom test and UK health kits limited also offer days 2 and 8 tests for £15. The kits are usually posted to a UK address but you will have to do it yourself and send the swabs back.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Olidawg247(m): 11:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
Rhennykay:
I got an Offer from Lincoln for September 2022. Does anyone know whether they require pof before they issue CAS?
please when did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MercyJJC: 11:46pm On Jan 19, 2022
Bonsue908:

@ MercyJJC …. derby to Manchester is like 1hr 50
Minutes by Car which I don’t think it would be easy. You can check nearest places to derby for easier and better accommodation .. Plus have you arrived Uk yet ? I’m also for January intake in derby

Thank you for your reply and counsel.

I'm still in Nigeria but will travel next week.

I
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Osoderi(m): 11:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
uulove:

Are u serious For PCR
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Osoderi(m): 12:00am On Jan 20, 2022
NemB:
Which bank pls

1st bank

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by femicashis(m): 12:37am On Jan 20, 2022
Someone from Abuja tls got collection mail yesterday, let's see how it goes today

yolkman20:
Has any biometrics done at Abuja TLS on 30th December been moved to VAC?

Sent paid email since afternoon but no response till now. Na today be 13th working day, something suppose don sup na.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Emperortom: 1:02am On Jan 20, 2022
You can use more between 15th to 30th every month

Ourown:

Please what do you mean by every 15th of the month? I have the signature card and I was only able to use 1k last week. Do you mean I can use 1k from 1st - 15th and another 1k from 16th - 30th of every month?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mannymanny: 1:03am On Jan 20, 2022
Please does Uni of Brighton accept HND??

Also, how much does University of Brighton demand as deposit? And how much do they pay on enrollment?
I couldn’t find that info on their site.

(1) (2) (3) ... (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.