Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now (64661 Views)

My Car Now Overheat, What Can Be Done? / Prince Philip’s Car Now A Sri Lankan Royal Artefact / Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by pocohantas(f): 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
When you hear “used by female banker”, don’t just run, please FLEE.

There is no banker anywhere, let alone a female one.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by BigDawsNet: 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
angry It's not worth it

I have a frnd in naija, who wants to reward himself with a ride....

I actually told him to skip naija used and buy tokunbo ....he decided to ignore and buy used hoping he will be able to save more money..

The car clean gan oh...but the engine na scam

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by HEBEI: 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
cool
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by bodybuilder: 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
Spacebooking is a sin.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by runny7: 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
Check my auto section �
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
Used car in Nigeria is a gamble

2 Likes

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by jaxxy(m): 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nice
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by blackmantis: 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2021
Seal the deal at a police station.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by AdaAwka1: 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
nosiebaba:

Hahaha ha learn from other people's mistakes not yours. That's the 2 %. Go to nl autos and see how many nigerian used cars pics displayed for sale are in mechanic shops.

if u are buying a Nigerian used car, buy with the intention of fixing some things on it. i recently got one at a very good rate soi had enough to change the whole engine totally just to be sure.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by yemmywesey(m): 3:47pm On Sep 10, 2021
available for urgent sale camry 2013 se.
3.8m
Call me. 07066445936

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by AdaAwka1: 3:47pm On Sep 10, 2021
BigDawsNet:
angry It's not worth it

I have a frnd in naija, who wants to reward himself with a ride....

I actually told him to skip naija used and buy tokunbo ....he decided to ignore and buy used hoping he will be able to save more money..

The car clean gan oh...but the engine na scam

he should get a good mechanic to harvest the good part of the engine and change the remaining half if he cant buy a full engine.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Ofuobikelvin(m): 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2021
Please I need a Nigeria used car for 1m or 1.2m
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by BigDawsNet: 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2021
AdaAwka1:

he should get a good mechanic to harvest the good part of the engine and change the remaining half if he cant buy a full engine.

It wasn't in his plan to ever replace his new shinning naija used car engine...

That advice go just weak the nigga more....

His currently consider reselling

2 Likes

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by AdaAwka1: 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
maldino:

cheesy that 98 high bro...

very high, forgetting that many sell their very good naija used cars cos they need money urgently.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by bmdmix11: 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
nosiebaba:
My own advise is if you don't know that person personally and you haven't witnessed how he handles his car, RUN OOH 98% of Nigerians only sell their cars when the problem don tire them
abi oo
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by bmdmix11: 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
or or or enter car lot n buy one
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Sparkle777(f): 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
Scottz:
I need a used Camry or Honda
My budget is 1.3/1.4m

Location? I wanna sell my Honda Discussion Continue for 1.5, very clean, ac chilling, never touched engine. Am based in Abuja.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by May1st: 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
Shop your authentic foot wears from the official retail partner for Adidas and Skechers. Visit www.shopbcode.com
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Lotti(m): 4:08pm On Sep 10, 2021
ospreywin:
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that purchase.

1. Make sure the seller you're buying from has an identity, you don't just buy from a random person with no link to anyone or anywhere so you won't be buying a stolen vehicle. Do your due diligence before buying a Nigerian used car.

2. When inspecting, take your "trusted" mechanic along, don't depend on your own little knowledge about cars to make a purchase, look under the vehicle for any rust make you no go buy "panda or" lowe" (that word is for the street for useless or fake stuff grin).

3. Check the vehicle papers very well, ask for the custom papers, make sure all documents are intact. From the vehicle papers, check the VIN/Chassis Number written or inscribed on the windshield, engine hood and door sides if they correlate with the one on the documents, most people register vehicles with a lot discrepancies, if they don't correlate na wahala be that oo(though I can help you rectify that but e go cost you some money).

4. Try and negotiate the cost of processing your change of ownership and registration fees along when you're dealing and negotiating with the seller, the cost of changing ownership with due process is on the high side now as you know the FG has increased the price of number plates across the nation.

5. After making payment, make sure you both sign an agreement for and purchase receipt to legally show your transaction and the amount you bought it.

6. After doing the 5 above, you can now contact oga VD for your proper vehicle registration grin. Thank you

Check my signature for your vehicle documents needs, fast, reliable and hassle free. May your vehicle never be your coffin, may the Good God keep you safe as you cruise around with your ride from known and unknown danger.

Nice marketing strategy oga VD

3 Likes

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Comedian2019: 4:08pm On Sep 10, 2021
kingbee90:
The thing is not all that glitters is gold. The fact that a car can start & move doesn't mean it is healthy.
Nigerians patronise "kazeem" mechanics alot. 95% of cars in Nigeria no longer have thermostats & run on direct fan connection.
My point is: Avoid 9ja used cars if you can. Just save an extra bucks & get yourself a clean Foreign used(Toks) car.
If your level too pure, get a brand new car.
How we wey they buy and sell under 500k cars wan take survive na?

2 Likes

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by CXLVII: 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2021
In addition,

Make sure the windshield wipers are working.

1 Like

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2021
Lotti:

Nice marketing strategy oga VD
My Oga grin.... Wetin man go do
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2021
Comedian2019:

How we wey they buy and sell under 500k cars wan take survive na?
You go survive nah...
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by phemmyfour: 4:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
nosiebaba:
My own advise is if you don't know that person personally and you haven't witnessed how he handles his car, RUN OOH 98% of Nigerians only sell their cars when the problem don tire them
Most people sell to upgrade ,just like phones, you ll always get tired of your gadgets at most after 3yrs
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by professore(m): 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
True especially that number one.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Zane2point4(m): 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
I recently bought naija use camry for my bro.
Its the highest highly maintained car I've brought frm a lecturer who wants to upgrade.

Not every naija guy is a careless type o.

The engine 1mz fe is so quiet i begine doubt whether the car get engine atal, u cnt hear it frm the cabin.

I just put 10litres for testing and hv bn driving for 3days now. I shock.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by vivalavida(m): 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2021
Zane2point4:
Its the highest highly maintained car I've brought frm a lecturer who wants to upgrade.

Looks cool

1 Like

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by kponkedenge(m): 4:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
Very informative.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 4:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
Zane2point4:

The engine 1mz fe is so quiet i begine doubt whether the car get engine atal, u cnt hear it frm the cabin.

I just put 10litres for testing and hv bn driving for 3days now. I shock.
It's a cool one! This is a typical example of "rarely used" or "used by a banker type grin"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Zane2point4(m): 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2021
vivalavida:

Looks cool

Only the smell sef when u enter the car go tell u say oyiba hand still deh.

I call the man still dash am 5k for drink, na good man.

My 2az engine chop fuel pass this engine sef angry

1 Like

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Offpointng: 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2021
inoki247:
And make sure you test the car for one month before you pay undecided undecided

Lmao grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) / Dangers Of Buying Vehicles From Cotonou / This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.