Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now (64671 Views)

My Car Now Overheat, What Can Be Done? / Prince Philip’s Car Now A Sri Lankan Royal Artefact / Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 9:58pm On Apr 12, 2022
ospreywin:
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that purchase.
1. Make sure the seller you're buying from has an identity, you don't just buy from a random person with no link to anyone or anywhere so you won't be buying a stolen vehicle. Do your due diligence before buying a Nigerian used car
2. When inspecting, take your "trusted" mechanic along, don't depend on your own little knowledge about cars to make a purchase, look under the vehicle for any rust make you no go buy "panda or" lowe" (that word is for the street for useless or fake stuff grin).

3. Check the vehicle papers very well, ask for the custom papers, make sure all documents are intact. From the vehicle papers, check the VIN/Chassis Number written or inscribed on the windshield, engine hood and door sides if they correlate with the one on the documents, most people register vehicles with a lot discrepancies, if they don't correlate na wahala be that oo(though I can help you rectify that but e go cost you some money).

4. Try and negotiate the cost of processing your change of ownership and registration fees along when you're dealing and negotiating with the seller, the cost of changing ownership with due process is on the high side now as you know the FG has increased the price of number plates across the nation.

5. After making payment, make sure you both sign an agreement for and purchase receipt to legally show your transaction and the amount you bought it.

6. After doing the 5 above, you can now contact oga VD for your proper vehicle registration grin. Thank you

Check my signature for your vehicle documents needs, fast, reliable and hassle free. May your vehicle never be your coffin, may the Good God keep you safe as you cruise around with your ride from known and unknown danger.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 3:47pm On Apr 24, 2022
[quote author=ospreywin post=111892712][/quote]
Hello
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 5:43am On Apr 29, 2022
ospreywin:
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that purchase.

1. Make sure the seller you're buying from has an identity, you don't just buy from a random person with no link to anyone or anywhere so you won't be buying a stolen vehicle. Do your due diligence before buying a Nigerian used car
2. When inspecting, take your "trusted" mechanic along, don't depend on your own little knowledge about cars to make a purchase, look under the vehicle for any rust make you no go buy "panda or" lowe" (that word is for the street for useless or fake stuff grin).

3. Check the vehicle papers very well, ask for the custom papers, make sure all documents are intact. From the vehicle papers, check the VIN/Chassis Number written or inscribed on the windshield, engine hood and door sides if they correlate with the one on the documents, most people register vehicles with a lot discrepancies, if they don't correlate na wahala be that oo(though I can help you rectify that but e go cost you some money).

4. Try and negotiate the cost of processing your change of ownership and registration fees along when you're dealing and negotiating with the seller, the cost of changing ownership with due process is on the high side now as you know the FG has increased the price of number plates across the nation.

5. After making payment, make sure you both sign an agreement for and purchase receipt to legally show your transaction and the amount you bought it.

6. After doing the 5 above, you can now contact oga VD for your proper vehicle registration grin. Thank you

Check my signature for your vehicle documents needs, fast, reliable and hassle free. May your vehicle never be your coffin, may the Good God keep you safe as you cruise around with your ride from known and unknown danger.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2022
ospreywin:

1. Make sure the seller you're buying from has an identity, you don't just buy from a random person with no link to anyone or anywhere so you won't be buying a stolen vehicle. Do your due diligence before buying a Nigerian used car.

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by SUGARCyprian247: 12:25am On Jul 03, 2022
Thanks
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2022
ospreywin:

1. Make sure the seller you're buying from has an identity, you don't just buy from a random person with no link to anyone or anywhere so you won't be buying a stolen vehicle. Do your due diligence before buying a Nigerian used car.

2. When inspecting, take your "trusted" mechanic along, don't depend on your own little knowledge about cars to make a purchase, look under the vehicle for any rust make you no go buy "panda or" lowe" (that word is for the street for useless or fake stuff grin)

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2022
ospreywin:

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2022
ospreywin:
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that purchas

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
ospreywin:

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by luuvv: 3:59am On Sep 10, 2022
[quote author=ospreywin post=116164274][/quote]Good day, please I need your advice and possibly your service.

My boss recently gave a car, nissa jeep 2001. He can't find the custom doc but I have the original vehicle registration documents also a copy of the proof of ownership since I'm the one renewing it yearly. The documents carries his wife's name but his own phone number on it and the wife is out of the country. Now I wish to do a change of ownership and continue with the old number plate on it (though change to new number plate) because the number is crested on most parts of the car like the glasses or can I change to new number? . How do I go about this, documents and cost? Since the car is given and not purchased.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by luuvv: 4:00am On Sep 10, 2022
Good day, please I need your advice and possibly your service.

My boss recently gave a car, nissa jeep 2001. He can't find the custom doc but I have the original vehicle registration documents also a copy of the proof of ownership since I'm the one renewing it yearly. The documents carries his wife's name but his own phone number on it and the wife is out of the country. Now I wish to do a change of ownership and continue with the old number plate on it (though change to new number plate) because the number is crested on most parts of the car like the glasses or can I change to new number? . How do I go about this, documents and cost? Since the car is given and not purchased.[quote author=ospreywin post=116164274][/quote]
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 9:34am On Sep 10, 2022
luuvv:
Good day, please I need your advice and possibly your service.

My boss recently gave a car, nissa jeep 2001. He can't find the custom doc but I have the original vehicle registration documents also a copy of the proof of ownership since I'm the one renewing it yearly. The documents carries his wife's name but his own phone number on it and the wife is out of the country. Now I wish to do a change of ownership and continue with the old number plate on it (though change to new number plate) because the number is crested on most parts of the car like the glasses or can I change to new number? . How do I go about this, documents and cost? Since the car is given and not purchased.

1. You can do the change of ownership, but with new number plate. You can't use the old owner's number plate
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by luuvv: 10:03am On Sep 10, 2022
ospreywin:

1. You can do the change of ownership, but with new number plate. You can't use the old owner's number plate
But the number is written all over the car.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by luuvv: 10:05am On Sep 10, 2022
ospreywin:

But the number is written all over the body of the car.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 10:54am On Sep 10, 2022
luuvv:
But the number is written all over the body of the car.

An affidavit and police report will cover for the number plate engraving
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by tochi8888(m): 11:41am On Sep 10, 2022
Sparkle777:

Location? I wanna sell my Honda Discussion Continue for 1.5, very clean, ac chilling, never touched engine. Am based in Abuja.

Send pics
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 5:28pm On Sep 29, 2022
ospreywin:

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 6:26am On Jan 14, 2023
ospreywin:

I'm now available
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 12:13pm On Jan 24, 2023
ospreywin:

Contrary to your 98% some people sell to upgrade
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2023
ospreywin:

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by BestTrades: 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2023

To check vin of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification ..

https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 9:17am On Mar 10, 2023
ospreywin:
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that purchase

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 6:05pm On Mar 20, 2023
ospreywin:

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 11:34am On Mar 25, 2023
ospreywin:
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that purchase

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 3:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
ospreywin:
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that pur

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Unrated900(m): 7:47am On Mar 30, 2023
ospreywin:

Contrary to your 98% some people sell to upgrade

Contrary to what he says also

99% of nigerians

Sells their car to meet up problem
Example lanlord wahala and many more
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 5:17am On Apr 01, 2023
ospreywin:

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 12:34pm On Jun 22, 2023
ospreywin:

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Sirwallace(m): 5:14am On Dec 09, 2023
This is is comprehensive.

I am looking to buy a Nigerian used car.

You mind pointing me to a dealer.

I would love to contact you too.

Thanks

I bought my first car from an owner and the second from a dealer and the experience I will share with you all.

The owner was deceitful despite being a close friend there were more things wrong with the car than they stated. A scanner is important when buying a car after 1996 and he lied it wasn’t scannable but it was they had hidden the OBD port. I fixed everything and added some personal touches to get the car I actually wanted. I didn’t source a mechanic before hand so I fell victim to roadside craftiness where they remove some of your parts and sell it back to you. Annoying experience but at least you know where not to go.

The dealer a better experience overall because you know where to go and have a receipt with the business name and you do see their legal name on the papers and they have much more to lose so they aren’t just looking for a quick buck to disappear. There were minor repairs needed but I always change spark plugs and coils to start afresh. if you research and have background knowledge of maintaining a car buying used car or new would not be any different. Test drive it and buy it there and then don’t go home to sleep over it because those 24hrs impact the kind of car you will come back to meet. For example some dealers swap brain boxes brakes and all that.

Overall have your preferred Rewire, a trust worthy mechanic and a trusted parts supplier and it will make a huge difference and give you peace of mind.

Secondly if you can afford it have cameras everywhere in the vehicle wifi backing up via GSM to another location.

When you’ve bought it reset the transmission so the car adapts to your driving style. Have a scanner and be good with your hands and be able to listen for trouble sounds and your car will last a long time. Immobilizer that only you know how to deactivate as well is necessary

Lastly Edmunds.com is where I go to check the ratings of all cars I’m thinking of purchasing or helping a client find. The feedback allows me to see what kind of vehicle I am buying and what kinds of problems are common.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangers Of Buying Vehicles From Cotonou / This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine / Innoson Releases Luxury IVM G80 And G40 SUV (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.