Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now (64670 Views)

My Car Now Overheat, What Can Be Done? / Prince Philip’s Car Now A Sri Lankan Royal Artefact / Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by PapaGfad: 9:34am On Sep 28, 2021
Scottz:
I need a used Camry or Honda
My budget is 1.3/1.4m

I have one....1.1m
Still being used for Uber runs in Ibadan.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by PapaGfad: 9:37am On Sep 28, 2021
officerfudo:

Bought a Nigerian used car with just a friend to help look at it, turned out the car was good, have been driving it around since January and the car dey give me joy. It all comes down to luck as some mechanics can make you waste your money becos of the little money they want to make. Don't blame them too much, we are all living in Buhari's Nigeria.

The real problem with Nigerian used cars are mechanics. They gamble alot. But if you are lucky to have a competent and trustworthy mecks, you are game.

1 Like

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
ospreywin:
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that purchase.

1. Make sure the seller you're buying from has an identity, you don't just buy from a random person with no link to anyone or anywhere so you won't be buying a stolen vehicle. Do your due diligence before buying a Nigerian used car.

2. When inspecting, take your "trusted" mechanic along, don't depend on your own little knowledge about cars to make a purchase, look under the vehicle for any rust make you no go buy "panda or" lowe" (that word is for the street for useless or fake stuff grin).

3. Check the vehicle papers very well, ask for the custom papers, make sure all documents are intact. From the vehicle papers, check the VIN/Chassis Number written or inscribed on the windshield, engine hood and door sides if they correlate with the one on the documents, most people register vehicles with a lot discrepancies, if they don't correlate na wahala be that oo(though I can help you rectify that but e go cost you some money).

4. Try and negotiate the cost of processing your change of ownership and registration fees along when you're dealing and negotiating with the seller, the cost of changing ownership with due process is on the high side now as you know the FG has increased the price of number plates across the nation.

5. After making payment, make sure you both sign an agreement for and purchase receipt to legally show your transaction and the amount you bought it.

6. After doing the 5 above, you can now contact oga VD for your proper vehicle registration grin. Thank you

Check my signature for your vehicle documents needs, fast, reliable and hassle free. May your vehicle never be your coffin, may the Good God keep you safe as you cruise around with your ride from known and unknown danger.

1 Like

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 4:42pm On Oct 19, 2021
ospreywin:
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that purchase.

1. Make sure the seller you're buying from has an identity, you don't just buy from a random person with no link to anyone or anywhere so you won't be buying a stolen vehicle. Do your due diligence before buying a Nigerian used car.

2. When inspecting, take your "trusted" mechanic along, don't depend on your own little knowledge about cars to make a purchase, look under the vehicle for any rust make you no go buy "panda or" lowe" (that word is for the street for useless or fake stuff grin).

3. Check the vehicle papers very well, ask for the custom papers, make sure all documents are intact. From the vehicle papers, check the VIN/Chassis Number written or inscribed on the windshield, engine hood and door sides if they correlate with the one on the documents, most people register vehicles with a lot discrepancies, if they don't correlate na wahala be that oo(though I can help you rectify that but e go cost you some money).

4. Try and negotiate the cost of processing your change of ownership and registration fees along when you're dealing and negotiating with the seller, the cost of changing ownership with due process is on the high side now as you know the FG has increased the price of number plates across the nation.

5. After making payment, make sure you both sign an agreement for and purchase receipt to legally show your transaction and the amount you bought it.

6. After doing the 5 above, you can now contact oga VD for your proper vehicle registration grin. Thank you

Check my signature for your vehicle documents needs, fast, reliable and hassle free. May your vehicle never be your coffin, may the Good God keep you safe as you cruise around with your ride from known and unknown danger.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 9:03am On Oct 25, 2021
I'm available to care for your vehicle documents needs
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 9:56am On Oct 28, 2021
Want to register your Tokunbo vehicle or Nigerian used vehicle? Kindly check out my profile below for best offer!
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by skywalker240(m): 7:45am On Nov 09, 2021
ospreywin:
Want to register your Tokunbo vehicle or Nigerian used vehicle? Kindly check out my profile below for best offer!
Am with you Sir
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
ospreywin:

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by coolangel54(f): 10:21am On Dec 07, 2021
How do we know dealers of these naija used cars?
Kraytur:
I bought my Nigerian used Honda from a dealership and I’ve not touched or serviced it since I bought it no issues so far drives smoothly 170k mileage grin
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Kraytur: 10:33am On Dec 07, 2021
coolangel54:
How do we know dealers of these naija used cars?

I’m no dealer just an end user but trust me I have very good knowledge of cars I’ve used 6 cars this year and I bought All 6 myself without any mechanic

When you go for inspection first thing you should note is engine then transmission then check for interior and shocks and AC and you’re good to go but don’t go without a mech if you don’t know how to self inspect

If you’re in Lagos reach out to me I’ll go with you for a token or show you how to inspect

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by honda001: 10:29pm On Dec 07, 2021
Please, kindly tell us the dealer.

Kraytur:

I’m no dealer just an end user but trust me I have very good knowledge of cars I’ve used 6 cars this year and I bought All 6 myself without any mechanic

When you go for inspection first thing you should note is engine then transmission then check for interior and shocks and AC and you’re good to go but don’t go without a mech if you don’t know how to self inspect

If you’re in Lagos reach out to me I’ll go with you for a token or show you how to inspect
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Kraytur: 7:31am On Dec 08, 2021
honda001:
Please, kindly tell us the dealer.

Maoh motors find my number so and message me so I can drop his number
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 10:52am On Dec 14, 2021
Kraytur:

Maoh motors find my number so and message me so I can drop his number
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by bastien: 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
Kraytur:

out of everything you mentioned you miss out the most important ones! Documents! Complete document paper and also written agreements with the main owner not the deal, and the last one check for rust underneath the car

4 Likes

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Kraytur: 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2021
undecided
bastien:
out of everything you mentioned you miss out the most important ones! Documents! Complete document paper and also written agreements with the main owner not the deal, and the last one check for rust underneath the car

Those too oooo thanks for buttressing my brother those are also very important fa undecided
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by bastien: 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2021
Kraytur:
undecided

Those too oooo thanks for buttressing my brother those are also very important fa undecided
yes sir lol
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by chuxmgc: 9:29am On Dec 27, 2021
solasoulmusic:

I did tinting permit as well so it had to go through the police so if there was an issue it would have been revealed also the transfer between me and the dealer as well I don’t pay cash at all for that reason it will be on your statement along with the date and time of purchase

Please how did you go about the tinting permit? I have a Peugeot car on the way with factory fitted tinted class
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by adubam(m): 10:24am On Dec 27, 2021
chuxmgc:

Please how did you go about the tinting permit? I have a Peugeot car on the way with factory fitted tinted class

Underground runs 25k
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by checkmatez: 10:55am On Dec 27, 2021
adubam:

Underground runs 25k
he said factory fitted tint and not the after market... Nigerian police still attend to factory fitted tint..

How do you feel trying to swindle him of cash?
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 27, 2021
chuxmgc:

I do all my car papers with Lagos state in the secretariat by High court next to the police station.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by adubam(m): 11:22am On Dec 27, 2021
checkmatez:
he said factory fitted tint and not the after market... Nigerian police still attend to factory fitted tint..

How do you feel trying to swindle him of cash?

All I will say to you is that God bless you for insulting me. I don't do tinted. Our company's car has a factory tinted and a police man did it for us at that amount. If you were not properly raised. I was.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by chuxmgc: 11:39am On Dec 27, 2021
adubam:

Underground runs 25k

Wow that's much for how many years? Or its just a one time payment?
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by chuxmgc: 11:39am On Dec 27, 2021
solasoulmusic:
I do all my car papers with Lagos state in the secretariat by High court next to the police station.

Please how much was spent in total?
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by adubam(m): 11:51am On Dec 27, 2021
chuxmgc:

Wow that's much for how many years? Or its just a one time payment?

For Life.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2021
Tinted permit has been suspended, there's no underground runs or anything.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2021
chuxmgc:

Please how much was spent in total?

It depends on the type of car and also if the previous owners owed something to Lagos state or wherever they were using the car in my case Ogun state was owed 3 years or so and I paid it o just used the same plate I had with the older car I bought but wasn’t happy with.

I have a contact will be happy to share but can’t reveal how much I paid in total for security reasons

The plate is like 60-75k new but free if reusing tinted permit was about 25,00 and registration is cheap each person has their cost but it’s important to note that right before the ban was when I did my tinting no underground
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by checkmatez: 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
adubam:

All I will say to you is that God bless you for insulting me. I don't do tinted. Our company's car has a factory tinted and a police man did it for us at that amount. If you were not properly raised. I was.
cry baby yet you didn't state Ur intention!!
If you are not current with information and news around you don't go typing bulshit..
Won't respond to you again
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Pidivine: 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2021
checkmatez:
cry baby yet you didn't state Ur intention!!
If you are not current with information and news around you don't go typing bulshit..
Won't respond to you again

Of a truth you were not properly raised - so arrogant.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by honda001: 11:18am On Dec 29, 2021
Was the car scanned?
Kraytur:
I bought my Nigerian used Honda from a dealership and I’ve not touched or serviced it since I bought it no issues so far drives smoothly 170k mileage grin
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by Kraytur: 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
honda001:
Was the car scanned?

Yes no issues at all
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 8:53am On Jan 14, 2022
ospreywin:
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that purchase..

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now by ospreywin(m): 5:45am On Apr 06, 2022
ospreywin:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangers Of Buying Vehicles From Cotonou / This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine / Innoson Releases Luxury IVM G80 And G40 SUV (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.