Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,128 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) (80062 Views)

Hafsat Abiola Knelt Down While Thanking Bola Tinubu (Throwback Video) / Peter Obi Knelt Down To Greet Atiku At NBA Conference (Photos, Video) / Wole Soyinka: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Atiku In 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by realstars: 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2021
Bukasint:

Lol...dog eating community now have prestigious crown than Obi of Ontisha and Oba of Benin hahahaha

Pls don't say this nonsense again in public forum like this.....
Have you ever seen obong of Calabar before?
i am not a Calabarian but let me tell you, they are the king you can never joke with, a demi god, the british knew that, that was why they dilouge with the king during slave trade.
Not that the Oba' the Obi' and the Olu's are not of great values and respect, but Calabar is different from all.
I can only make my point becaused i have been been in their palace through my camara work,
I Am a Profeshional Photographer who has work with different medias in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Owutuotuo(m): 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
DMerciful:
Black man wasting their time and effort on prehistoric nonsense!

Thaenk God for the whites, else we would be racing back in time

“Only a b*****d point at his/her father’s house with a left hand.” - Yoruba proverb

Nothing much to say

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Menance: 5:34pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nisiw366:

Yes oba of Benin Is a yoruba man

Benin was founded by oranmiyan

Keep dreaming with your moonlight tales grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Aganju849: 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
Yeye
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2021
Menance:

Keep dreaming with your moonlight tales grin
You can't change facts. Truth is bitter

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2021
luvinhubby:
Born again Olu.

That's film trick

Forget all those moves, they just publicity stunts.

He is the present husband of all Witches in Warri Kingdom, and the only lead to the great ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by loadedvibes: 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2021
You have it backwards
DankemzI:
Omo royalty is sexy.
If only royalty could be bought I'd have gotten His Royal Highness Obong of Calabar that's the highest Royal tool in Southern Nigeria followed by Obi of Onitsha before Oba of Benin!
Chai power sweet!

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Menance: 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
in nigeria thats how it is. you think poor man dey sit down for front row in church ? front row is reserved for MVP or VIP

Well this is not a church. It maybe the ooni was the first to arrive at the venue.
Bottomline is the throne of ooni isn't the highest in Nigeria.

Una last resort may be to say yoruba own Benin and therefore own oba of benin grin

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Menance: 5:41pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nisiw366:

You can't change facts. Truth is bitter

Where is the facts? Look at this dreamer. Where is it stated?
It probably may even be the other way round Because yoruba is part of the 3 major tribes doesn't make them come before the Benin people.. Y'all Yoruba might just the immigrants from the Benin kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2021
Menance:

Where is the facts? Look at this dreamer. Where is it stated?
It probably may even be the other way round Because yoruba is part of the 3 major tribes doesn't make them come before the Benin people.. Y'all Yoruba might just the immigrants from the Benin kingdom.
Arindin omo. Go back and check your history

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by YouandiAllofus: 5:44pm On Aug 22, 2021
WarriAproko:
it does not stop other tribes/kingdoms not to name theirs as king of warri too
Then there would be too many "of warri". They should not have tried to outsmart others by hastily assuming such controversial title which is very much irrelevant out the Itsekiri's nation and their nationalities within and around warri.
I opined that for the sake of equity and fairness, such title should be scrapped.
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by WarriAproko: 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2021
Officer4:
what other kingdom pls
Urhobos have 2 kingdoms and also the Ijaws. Everyones respect their boundaries.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Successmind(m): 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2021
Same way he also postrate for my king even though he was his secondary School mate...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Menance: 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nisiw366:

Arindin omo. Go back and check your history

I know my history and different versions exist with the Benin as it exists with other tribes.
How about autochthony of the benins?.

You don't go to history and pick the one you like because it's satisfies and massages your ego

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2021
Menance:

I know my history and different versions exist with the Benin as it exists with other tribes.
How about autochthony of the benins?.

You don't go to history and pick the one you like because it's satisfies and massages your ego
I just told you fact. Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man.

Oranmiyan even named Benin ile ibinu which was corrupted to Benin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Donatusqaz12: 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2021
Omo royalty is sexy.
If only royalty could be bought I'd have gotten His Royal Highness Obong of Calabar that's the highest Royal tool in Southern Nigeria followed by Obi of Onitsha before Oba of Benin!
Chai power sweet! [/quote]

Ooni

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by WarriAproko: 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2021
YouandiAllofus:

Then there would be too many "of warri". They should not have tried to outsmart others by hastily assuming such controversial title which is very much irrelevant out the Itsekiri's nation and their nationalities within and around warri.
I opined that for the sake of equity and fairness, such title should be scrapped.
Example the Oba of Lagos is not the only King in a Lagos. The Itsekiris knows their boundaries otherwise another Crises

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Dantee8433: 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2021
DankemzI:
Omo royalty is sexy.
Chai power sweet!
Obong of calabar and obi of onistsha pass Oba of Benin...You must be smoking some cheap sh*t

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Tinubuadvocate: 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2021
[s]
priceaction:
what arrogant tinubu will never do. The day he refused to stand up for ooni of ife , while everyone did that on the high table , was the day i knew he never send all these customs.
[/s] face your business man.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Menance: 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nisiw366:

I just told you fact. Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man.

Oranmiyan even named Benin ile ibinu which was corrupted to Benin

When same is said about Ikwerre being an Igboid group which was coined from Akwereulem na still una go Dy cry.

Pls Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man from where?
Of he is not from any of the 6 Yoruba states oga pls rest

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by YouandiAllofus: 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2021
WarriAproko:
Example the Oba of Lagos is not the only King in a Lagos. The Itsekiris knows their boundaries otherwise another Crises
They are popular minority within warri which should deter all thoughts of power contestation..

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by ComeToJesus: 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2021
FarahAideed:
OBJ sha ...he know how to play the game of optics

If he doesn't kneel, you'll still complain that he doesn't respect traditions and royalty.

Confused generation.
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 5:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
Menance:

When same is said about Ikwerre being an Igboid group which was coined from Akwereulem na still una go Dy cry.

Pls Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man from where?
Of he is not from any of the 6 Yoruba states oga pls rest
Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man from ife

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Bimpe29: 5:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
That's Ebora Owu for you.
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nanaborga(m): 5:59pm On Aug 22, 2021
WarriAproko:

Una two just dey cap nonsense, how old is the two urhobo kingdoms you’re claiming , how old is the ijaw kingdoms , are they up to 500 years old , you just dey cap nonsense, itsekiri king has been referred to as olu of Warri since time immemorial, kingdoms and thrones wey never get reach three kings in history na you wan use take compare throne wey don produce 21 kings and still go interregnum of 88 years join

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by gregyboy(m): 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2021
Aderewah:

Only for edo. Ooni and Alaafin tops benin king
n

Go sit down

Ooni stool that was invented in 1897 that you want to use to compare the oba of benin are you high

The screenshot is a French documentation of 1823 in benin that was translated by me using goggle lens

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Ikpeyi: 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
Baba Owu himself...

The greatest Yoruba man...

Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba for 2023...
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by mp3ree: 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2021
DankemzI:
Omo royalty is sexy.
Chai power sweet!

The highest of the three you mentioned is the oba of Benin.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Ikpeyi: 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2021
Baba Owu himself ...

The greatest Yoruba....

Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba for 2023...
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by gregyboy(m): 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2021
trutharena:

Oni of Ife is the highest royal stool in Southern Nigeria.

Check anytime all the kings converge for a meeting in Abuja and see the positioning of their seats.

Colonial siting arrangement..... Lol who follows that except yoruba

Oba of benin is greater than the ooni of ife, everyday twice on Sunday is only the oba of benin the Queen has invites to buckham palace no other monarch not even thr the ooni of ife who was given the front sit was invited

The ooni of ife nor reach forget the sitting arrangement it was done with preference and not history

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by seyz91(m): 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2021
cheesy
Optimistguy1969:

Game of lights ko,
Game of thrones ni grin
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by seyz91(m): 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2021
Confirm!
Antoeni:
Obj values culture more than any Nigeria leader dead or alive. He respects the office and not the holder of the office. May baba live long in good health.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” / Kola Abiola Hugs Tinubu In Aso Rock As Buhari Confers GCFR On His Father. Photos / FBI List Of Nigeria’s Richest Politicians - Herald.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.