Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,141 members, 7,829,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. (54525 Views)

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / My Sister Wants Traditional Marriage In The City: Is It Normal? / Confusion In My Very Young Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Queenzzy: 10:45am On Aug 24, 2021
Avviala:
Nigerian men are useless. All of them.
If they don't cheat, they are hypocrites, toxic or women beaters. Even the so called calm ones are egoistic bastards and manipulative d**ks. The op wants his sister to stay in a marriage where she is disrespected daily but would not want to be disrespected as well.
It's women I blame. If right from time, we never accept cheating, men would not think of imposing their disgusting acts on us. Or at least not openly.
Since your sister's husband is only useful because of money, she should bear the marriage till she has enough savings to cater for herself and the children.
And I hope this is a lesson to women that you should never enter a marriage empty handed. Men only usefulness is money. If you remove that power, its easy to see them for the sh*t they are.
seconded

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 24, 2021
JovialJune:

Before I got married, I was working, when I got married, I had three at once, as in triplets, you can imagine how stressful it was for me, to the extent that I had to ask for extra two months leave without pay after maternity leave, the temptation to resign was so strong I had to pray fervently for the strength to go on, even my husband wanted me to quit that he will take care of everything, I nor gree, las las I pull through, my kids are still little toddlers but we dey manage ourselves dey go, with assistance though,

What keeps running through my mind during those times was "this kids will grow up one day and leave, what will I look forward to when I wake up in the morning, an empty house or a beautiful day at the office with my colleagues?" It has worked for me and it still does, so forget jare, the sister can do it, let her start something small and pick up from there.

Chai you are very fertile o. Hopefully you close shop after this. Another attempt may birth twins or to triplets again.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by JovialJune(f): 11:37am On Aug 24, 2021
Beloved3:

Chai you are very fertile o. Hopefully you close shop after this. Another attempt may birth twins or to triplets again.

I don close job forever o, I cannot come and kill myself,

Funny thing is, they say twin births or triplets and other multiple births are hereditary or runs in the family, but there is nothing like that in mine or hubbys' lol.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Powerfly(f): 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2021
crackhaus:

Except you want to resort to spiritual control na.

And even with these charms, I believe you can only use them to eat your husband's money or cause him to hate his mother and siblings. grin

The day you cheat on him, get pregnant for your side-bobo and then tell him you want to bring the child into the marriage for him to raise (even if it's only for infancy), that charm will clear from his eyes sharply.

You don't know the shit happening in this country bro! Never say anything is impossible... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Uyi168: 3:10pm On Aug 24, 2021
Emmanuel909090:

In this case the woman is.
[/b]The man is misbehaving, that doesnt mean he loves her less.[b]
How can you love someone and still be cheating on her, Indiscriminately?

Will you take that from your wife?.

14 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Fiscus105(m): 3:31pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:
Good morning fellow nairalanders, I hope your day is going well though mine didn't start so well. I am a nairalander but I have to open this account for this. I have an issue bothering me, I will try to keep my story as brief as possible.

I am a guy from a humble background. My parents had only two children, myself and my younger sister who is now married with two kids. She had her last baby boy some time early this month. Her marriage with this guy ( my brother inlaw) has been one I considered relatively peaceful. That is from my own perspective knowing that there's no marriage without one or two misunderstanding here or there at some point.

Well, she found out that her husband got another girl pregnant who gave birth to a baby girl. My sister found out after she gave birth to her first son. Her husband was the one that confessed to her that he has another child outside their marriage. They settled the issue and moved on he promised he would end the relationship he had with the baby mama.

Last year, during the Covid19 period, my sister found out that he was still seeing his baby mama after she saw their chats. She confronted him and he denied having anything to do with the baby mama except for sending money for his daughter's upkeep once in a while. It was a big issue which was brought to the attention the two families. They found a way to settle after a lot pleading and talking to the two of them.

To cut the long story short, she sent me screenshots that proves that he is still seeing the baby mama. In one of the screenshot he wants to see her in their normal place and the girl agreed but doesn't want them have sex on this particular occasion. My sister has bad temperament and it is not easy to calm her down when triggered. She's threatening to quit the marriage and I fear she may do something wrong this time around . She is yet to confront her husband because I managed to convince her to keep it on hold till she calms down.

Note : My Dad is late and my younger sister is a house wife hence solely dependent on her husband. Please ignore my grammatical errors. I am putting this out here because I have ran out of ideas.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2021
Nigeria ladies has nothing to offer in marriage
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by seproperties(m): 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2021
Wahala too much for Marriage joor. Its not by force ... Divorce , Adultery ,Lack of Trust , Arguments,Querelling ,Poverty ,Sexual Weakness ,In-laws , Suspicion ,bla bla bla ..Abegiiii
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by SirBunky85(m): 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2021
GenAbacha:
And what is wrong if she quits the marriage?

didn't you read about the lady being just a housewife? How would she cope if she leaves the husband?
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Commotfornigeri: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:

It rains everywhere, I don't want her to make a decision she will regret for the rest of her life.

She should leave the marriage, but not today. A woman can leave a marriage without walking out immediately.

For now, let her start piling funds and a business. Then she should plan a 2-5 years exit strategy.

As long as she has her plan in motion, even if the man keeps cheating, she wont be bothered.

Also, by then, the kids will be more grown and easier to handle.

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Truvelisback(m): 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:
Good morning fellow nairalanders, I hope your day is going well though mine didn't start so well. I am a nairalander but I have to open this account for this. I have an issue bothering me, I will try to keep my story as brief as possible.

I am a guy from a humble background. My parents had only two children, myself and my younger sister who is now married with two kids. She had her last baby boy some time early this month. Her marriage with this guy ( my brother inlaw) has been one I considered relatively peaceful. That is from my own perspective knowing that there's no marriage without one or two misunderstanding here or there at some point.

Well, she found out that her husband got another girl pregnant who gave birth to a baby girl. My sister found out after she gave birth to her first son. Her husband was the one that confessed to her that he has another child outside their marriage. They settled the issue and moved on he promised he would end the relationship he had with the baby mama.

Last year, during the Covid19 period, my sister found out that he was still seeing his baby mama after she saw their chats. She confronted him and he denied having anything to do with the baby mama except for sending money for his daughter's upkeep once in a while. It was a big issue which was brought to the attention the two families. They found a way to settle after a lot pleading and talking to the two of them.

To cut the long story short, she sent me screenshots that proves that he is still seeing the baby mama. In one of the screenshot he wants to see her in their normal place and the girl agreed but doesn't want them have sex on this particular occasion. My sister has bad temperament and it is not easy to calm her down when triggered. She's threatening to quit the marriage and I fear she may do something wrong this time around . She is yet to confront her husband because I managed to convince her to keep it on hold till she calms down.

Note : My Dad is late and my younger sister is a house wife hence solely dependent on her husband. Please ignore my grammatical errors. I am putting this out here because I have ran out of ideas.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by bokey(m): 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2021
She should tell her husband for open a business for her, that's what you get when they make you their house wife so that you gotta depend on them for virtually everything,Let her find something doing from there the husband will limit his cheating paralysis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:

Tell her to calm down, get busy and give herself brain.

She should read this book and thank me later

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by INCREDIBLE007(m): 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2021
hmm
a very dicey affair
in my opinion

But above every other thing
wisdom is very crucial at this point in time
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by joyandfaith: 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:

I am very sure baby mama is earning some digits.
Tell your sister to start working and making money. Most men don't appreciate house wife.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle

As a woman with 2 children, that your husband isnt abusing you and hasnt chased you out, better stay in the marraige. 1) no man will take on a woman with children talk less 2 unless the man himself is not a correct man. 2)she is making it easy for the baby mama to take her place unchallenged. 3) she will regret it later in life.

I can almost guarantee you your sister will ultimately regret her action.

My advice: turn her misfortune into her advantage. Now she has leverage over her husband who produced a child outside the marraige , use it as leverage to her advantage.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by qtguru(m): 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:

I honestly don't know how the instance you gave relates to my story. I am pro family, my first instinct is how to preserve my family.

Na so, Abeg let your sister do what she wants to do, it's her life.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2021
GenAbacha:
And what is wrong if she quits the marriage?

Why are you bothered? What ideas are you looking for?

A contract has been breached and it’s only right you terminate it.

He is bothered because the sister is a house wife, the divorce might also affect him financially

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by joyandfaith: 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2021
NaijaCoverBlog:
Nigeria ladies has nothing to offer in marriage

Not all of them.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by emonis88: 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2021
First ur sister is a house wife, if she leaves her marriage now , her upkeep go dey ur head o!
She should use this opportunity to get something doing, she can get money from her hubby n start a good business or she should get a job, cus even as a house wife , if anything happens to her hubby, she il find it hard ,n them don dey 2 wives now o! If she gets herself busy , n financially independent then if she wants to leave him, she can.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Okwyjesus(m): 3:41pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:
No

Tell her to calm down and consider the future of her children.

The husband has a child outside and will once in a while look in the direction of his blood. She should forify her place in the home by drawing the husband to herself and leaving rooms for one or two misbehaviour.

Quitting is not the best option, the strange woman will gladly come in once she quit and her children will be disadvantaged.

I have seen it before, she should not allow emotion decide for her. It's time to be strategic
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 3:41pm On Aug 24, 2021
joyandfaith:

Not all of them.

All the ladies that has come across way, has nothing to offer ooooo
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:41pm On Aug 24, 2021
crackhaus:

After threatening fire & brimstone, I hope she'll actually go ahead and quit the marriage.

For where
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by ipobarethieves: 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2021
sad Softly softly (tell Ur sis/show her this thread sad( Nobody's above mistake.What happened don happen.Tell her not to quit the marriage or else she'll suffer unless she is a working class lady not those ones dat sale coke/bottles water on the where will she get money to feed herself/2 kids? She should cool temper and stay put in her matrimonial home biko
2ndtimeuncle:

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Romanoff(f): 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2021
Oga, you and your sister should start intensifying her job search and start planning how she can start a business so she can be independent.

That marriage is over, especially considering the fact that she is temperamental.

She fit kill that man if she continues to dey endure.

Marriage no be do or die affair. If she leaves and the side chic moves in, does it change the fact that the man could also get another woman pregnant again?

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by joyandfaith: 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2021
NaijaCoverBlog:

All the ladies that has come across way, has nothing to offer ooooo

You are local champion then

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Eriokanmi: 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:

It rains everywhere, I don't want her to make a decision she will regret for the rest of her life.
Wisdom won't elude you
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by penearth(m): 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2021
Plz tell ur sister to calm down, next wife is already knocking d door for her mistakes. Let her play maturely by exempting her husband's "stupidity" let her take everything to her heart and seek d Lord in times of difficulties IF ACTUALLY SHE LOVES HIM DEARLY
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2021
joyandfaith:

You are local champion then

Shut up your mouth there, ladies have nothing to offer both in relationship and in marriage.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2021
obiekunie01:

But why is your sister always checking her husbands phone??

you see the thing is, CHECKING YOUR PARTNERS PHONE IS LIKE PUTTING YOUR FINGER IN THE ANUS - IF YOU DON'T FIND SHIT, YOU WILL FIND MESS OR BOTH - AND YOU WILL NOT LIKE EITHER OF IT!

so for your peace of mind, AVOID CHECKING YOUR PARTNERS PHONES!

Your sister opened the door to breaking her home by checking her hubby's phone!

I promised not to comment violently to anyone here.

Boy oh boy did you push the bar for me!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom / Meet Phil The Mature Man Who Like To Dress Like A Baby(pics/vieo) / How I Handled My Husband And His 4 Side Chicks - Woman (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.