Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. (54462 Views)

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / My Sister Wants Traditional Marriage In The City: Is It Normal? / Confusion In My Very Young Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Clean2016: 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2021
GenAbacha:
And what is wrong if she quits the marriage?

Why are you bothered? What ideas are you looking for?

A contract has been breached and it’s only right you terminate it.

The Òyìnbó that convinced us cheating is bad, don't they cheat? They cheat, they divorce and divorce and when they are tired they turn to gay. Rain fall everywhere.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Exceed15: 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2021
The deed had been done and hence a legal ground to file for divorce.The big question is does she still love her husband? Does she still believe in the marriage?

If her answer is NO, kindly allow her make her decision. Her happiness is paramount.

And lastly be strong for her at this phase of her life .
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by sun123: 4:33pm On Aug 24, 2021
GenAbacha:

You dey mind am.

He wants his sister to stay in a marriage full of infidelity but he can’t stay in one himself.

His blood sister we’re talking about here.

Last last enlightenment is key.

It’s no longer enough to be educated

What are you even saying? The op clearly said that her sister is a dependant ,if she quits the marriage, she and the children will suffer and more importantly the financial burden will rest solely on him and from what he said he doesn't have the financial backbone to weather the attendant storm . You are here yarning okpata as if you will come to their aid when the chips are down.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by sylve11: 4:33pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:

I honestly don't know how the instance you gave relates to my story. I am pro family, my first instinct is how to preserve my family.

Please stop listening to that guy. cool

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by gabicon: 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:
Good morning fellow nairalanders, I hope your day is going well though mine didn't start so well. I am a nairalander but I have to open this account for this. I have an issue bothering me, I will try to keep my story as brief as possible.

I am a guy from a humble background. My parents had only two children, myself and my younger sister who is now married with two kids. She had her last baby boy some time early this month. Her marriage with this guy ( my brother inlaw) has been one I considered relatively peaceful. That is from my own perspective knowing that there's no marriage without one or two misunderstanding here or there at some point.

Well, she found out that her husband got another girl pregnant who gave birth to a baby girl. My sister found out after she gave birth to her first son. Her husband was the one that confessed to her that he has another child outside their marriage. They settled the issue and moved on he promised he would end the relationship he had with the baby mama.

Last year, during the Covid19 period, my sister found out that he was still seeing his baby mama after she saw their chats. She confronted him and he denied having anything to do with the baby mama except for sending money for his daughter's upkeep once in a while. It was a big issue which was brought to the attention the two families. They found a way to settle after a lot pleading and talking to the two of them.

To cut the long story short, she sent me screenshots that proves that he is still seeing the baby mama. In one of the screenshot he wants to see her in their normal place and the girl agreed but doesn't want them have sex on this particular occasion. My sister has bad temperament and it is not easy to calm her down when triggered. She's threatening to quit the marriage and I fear she may do something wrong this time around . She is yet to confront her husband because I managed to convince her to keep it on hold till she calms down.

Note : My Dad is late and my younger sister is a house wife hence solely dependent on her husband. Please ignore my grammatical errors. I am putting this out here because I have ran out of ideas.

First and most importantly she should get professional help. She should have done this immediately she found out about the baby and baby mama. Send a message to pastor Kingsley Okonkwo or praise fowowe.

Your sister needs to face her new reality, telling her husband to stop seeing the baby mama is asking him to cut ties with his child, that child ties the whole family together, herself inclusive.

She need to see the baby mama like cocaine or heroin and here husband the addict, person don't just quit drugs they have to go through rehabilitation and therapy to quit, that's what her husband needs. He will cry and repent this minute and the next minute he runs to his baby mama because he is hooked.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2021
bepositive11:

This situation is really sad. I feel even more sad for the kids.

You claim to be pro family but you need to understand something. You may have heard of physical abuse but there's something even worse than that -- emotional abuse. The wounds are not visible but they are there and they are deeply damaging

Your sister has only one life to live. Do you want her to keep being disrespected and mistreated for life just to hold a family? Do you want her son to learn his father's ways and do the same to his own wife when he grows up?

Please, stop thinking about what you want and think about what your sister wants. It's her life. If she wants to leave, let her leave but try to make sure that she can take care of herself financially first

Marriage is meant for couples with genuine love and mutual respect for each other.

There's a difference between a healthy functional family and a dysfunctional family. The one your sister has is dysfunctional and it will scar her children psychologically for life

What is your recommendation?

She should leave?

How about finance?

The husband will send money to her
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Edyice: 4:38pm On Aug 24, 2021
Owoooo shocked

See idiotic advice coming from guys grin

Op that man na bad guy and he wanted polygamy and I see him getting more wives

What happened to condoms and pills after sex .

Any ladies who want respect will leave that marriage or take a break ( let the idiot man think for a while or some months, even if the baby mama move in , no man will respect such a woman, they will consider her cheap and more ) the hi goat will still look for another lady to impregnate even if the baba mama move in .

Your needs to leave, since she’s a hot temper lady before it’s too late . She might even stab him in his sleep.

6 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 24, 2021
All these because she can't fend for herself.
obiekunie01:

But why is your sister always checking her husbands phone??

you see the thing is, CHECKING YOUR PARTNERS PHONE IS LIKE PUTTING YOUR FINGER IN THE ANUS - IF YOU DON'T FIND SHIT, YOU WILL FIND MESS OR BOTH - AND YOU WILL NOT LIKE EITHER OF IT!

so for your peace of mind, AVOID CHECKING YOUR PARTNERS PHONES!

Your sister opened the door to breaking her home by checking her hubby's phone!

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by funshybam(m): 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2021
Unfortunately, the guy now has skittering child from another woman.... he can't abandon the child.... he must take responsibility for the child, and probably the mother.... your sister should brace for the worst, the guy may eventually marry the girl and bring her home.... she should try get something doing or you support her as the next few months may be turbulent for her.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by bepositive11: 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What is your recommendation?

She should leave?

How about finance?

The husband will send money to her

As I said, it's up to her. She should decide whether to stay or leave. She knows what's best for her

As for finance, her husband is very irresponsible. She shouldn't depend on him. She's better off getting a job or starting a business

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by sun123: 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2021
GenAbacha:

You dey mind am.

He wants his sister to stay in a marriage full of infidelity but he can’t stay in one himself.

His blood sister we’re talking about here.

Last last enlightenment is key.

It’s no longer enough to be educated

what are you even saying? The op clearly said that her sister is a dependant ,if she quits the marriage, she and the children will suffer and more importantly the financial burden will rest solely on him and from what he said he doesn't have the financial backbone to weather the attendant storm . You are here yarning okpata as if you will come to their aid when the chips are down.

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by hopexter(m): 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:

It rains everywhere, I don't want her to make a decision she will regret for the rest of her life.

Even if it rains everywhere, she must be tired of being beaten by it. You want her to continue until she contact a deadly disease? oga stand by your sister and help her end the marriage before she dies of it. If the man respects your family enough, he wouldn’t do that to her so get her off the marriage my friend angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Aarenasbaba(m): 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2021
Second thought ooooo
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by showafrica(m): 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2021
Richy4:
She is an Adult and she can make her own decision... But advise her not to be in a haste to leave her marriage... she should think it through and draw a final conclusion either to stay and work out a fine line between both of them or go...

Your sister's husband and the other woman have something in common which is the baby girl...Your sister can throw all the tantrum she wanted from Jerusalem to Jericho it will not change anything... that man can deny all he wanted that he will have nothing to do with the other woman for those that cares to listen... the reality is, that baby girl has come to stay... and will always connect them both....The earlier that sinks into her, the better for her.

The girl na amateur.. Guy man don marry his ex with idea the small girl dey there dey fume. Her mind dey tell her say if she divorce the guy, her former chykers will come back. Reality go soon set in with her. She either accepts the fact that she now has a co wife or divorce with all her mind, leave the children for the man and turn feminist completely without looking back.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by vickydevoka(m): 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:
Good morning fellow nairalanders, I hope your day is going well though mine didn't start so well. I am a nairalander but I have to open this account for this. I have an issue bothering me, I will try to keep my story as brief as possible.

I am a guy from a humble background. My parents had only two children, myself and my younger sister who is now married with two kids. She had her last baby boy some time early this month. Her marriage with this guy ( my brother inlaw) has been one I considered relatively peaceful. That is from my own perspective knowing that there's no marriage without one or two misunderstanding here or there at some point.

Well, she found out that her husband got another girl pregnant who gave birth to a baby girl. My sister found out after she gave birth to her first son. Her husband was the one that confessed to her that he has another child outside their marriage. They settled the issue and moved on he promised he would end the relationship he had with the baby mama.

Last year, during the Covid19 period, my sister found out that he was still seeing his baby mama after she saw their chats. She confronted him and he denied having anything to do with the baby mama except for sending money for his daughter's upkeep once in a while. It was a big issue which was brought to the attention the two families. They found a way to settle after a lot pleading and talking to the two of them.

To cut the long story short, she sent me screenshots that proves that he is still seeing the baby mama. In one of the screenshot he wants to see her in their normal place and the girl agreed but doesn't want them have sex on this particular occasion. My sister has bad temperament and it is not easy to calm her down when triggered. She's threatening to quit the marriage and I fear she may do something wrong this time around . She is yet to confront her husband because I managed to convince her to keep it on hold till she calms down.

Note : My Dad is late and my younger sister is a house wife hence solely dependent on her husband. Please ignore my grammatical errors. I am putting this out here because I have ran out of ideas.
Na normal thing na. Come Abuja u go see 2 days marriage.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by tunwumi: 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2021
Just a simple question. What does your sister tends to gain if she quit? Did she think that the baby mam will not become the real wife in 2 days? Just thinking out loud niii

2ndtimeuncle:

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Babaheekmat: 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:

1. WHATEVER YOU DO IN THIS LIFE..
NEVER DEPEND ON A MAN FOR SURVIVAL!!! UNLESS YOU ARE A SALAFIYAH.
2. CHECKING HER HUSBAND'S PHONE WOULD ONLY BRING MORE SADNESS TO HER. LEAVE HIM ALONE AND FOCUS ON GETTING HIS ATTENTION..THE POOR HUSBAND JUST WANT ACTION WITH THE EX.. THAT'S ALL.. NOTHING SERIOUS.. WITH THIS INCESSANT ARGUMENT, SHE WILL MAKE HIM MAKE SOMETHING SERIOUS FROM THE EX
3. QUITTING MARRIAGE IS VERY EASY.. MOVING ON IS THE KOKO.. who wan marry after 1? Even if she's independent?

Just saying though
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Babaheekmat: 4:51pm On Aug 24, 2021
vickydevoka:

Na normal thing na. Come Abuja u go see 2 days marriage.

Babe.. calm down
. We no dey Twitter.. na NL be this..

2 days marriage ke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by peacettw: 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2021
She needs to think logically in other to work out her marital problems effectively. Since she forgave him when she found out that he had a baby outside of the marriage, I think it is only practical that she accepts that he is no longer the ideal man she once married, and that trust will no longer be a factor in play.

More so, she only just gave birth. If she has post partum depression which I suspect, then there are many other variables besides the husband's wandering appendage that may make her act this way. Why not councel her to first focus on her new born baby? After several months, she can reevaluate her relationship with her husband. I bet you that by then she may be less inclined to leave her marital home.

Really don't know what to say in this situation

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Avviala: 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2021
Gunayo:
lf men's usefulness is money, what is women's usefulness if not for that thing in between their legs. Women are their own problems. Mind you, not all men are useless. You sound like someone that had similar experience or heart break before.

Uhm. You are funny. Truth is if most women have money, men have no usefulness. I have not been heartbroken before. And that's because I look out for some qualities in men which most lack. And I say it again, men are useless without money.

6 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by DONORJIR(m): 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2021
tesseract:

This is the advice she should take...the truth is the man will not leave the side woman alone... They are bound by the baby they have together. She must establish herself first before she takes any drastic decision. Also the other lady is more than willing to replace her as soon as possible if she decides to exit the marriage.
UNDERSTANDING will damn solve this problem
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Allwell96: 4:53pm On Aug 24, 2021
Being a house wife is the problem here. If she had something doing, she would be bold enough to take appropriate action...

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by caandi: 4:53pm On Aug 24, 2021
This is a hard situation, but if she quits now then what! It’s raining everywhere. It’s a pity your dad is late if not he would have been in the best position to caution your sis hubby. Well if the man is really taking care of her and the kids she should stay in the marriage except if he’s beating her or maltreating her on top the cheating saga. She’s a housewife without any means of survival, that means she’s solely dependent on the hubby. If you support her to leave the marriage, then find her something doing, establish her in a business so she can take proper care of herself and her children, cos if you start taking care of her now and tomorrow you have your own family, can you keep up? These are the things that you should consider
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by pepetua(m): 4:54pm On Aug 24, 2021
No be say I de support bad character but for Nigeria of today,if you marry any man that can take care of you and your children" please stay and pray for a better tomorrow because Nigeria and everything inside it I don be anyhow.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by KingofHearts(m): 4:56pm On Aug 24, 2021
[quote author=2ndtimeuncle post=105091142]Good morning fellow nairalanders, I hope your day is going well though mine didn't start so well. I am a nairalander but I have to open this account for this. I have an issue bothering me, I will try to keep my story as brief as possible.

You are already doing fine by trying to calm her down,keep trying to keep her calm as that is the only way she can hear her heart speak and not follow emotions.

My brother, both the “journey” and the “destination” are important but nothing is more important than your “company”,be careful who & what you listen to on this platform.
Marriage is between husband, wife and their creator..any suggestion against the design of the institution is the wisdom of men and not of God.Your in-law has messed up big time but it is between both of them to resolve.

I have learnt that people draw curses to themselves by interfering in matters that is not theirs.we don’t know God’s plan for this family so you can’t but stay pro family while calming her down.

Never make a permanent decision about a temporary situation!

May the God of peace send peace to your family, especially your sis and may your brother-in-law receive clarity and wisdom to help him grow beyond these rubbish!!

Lastly,if you love your sister, continue to calm her down,comfort her,pamper her and afterwards get on your knees for her sake and pray!! The devil is very powerful.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by cococandy(f): 4:57pm On Aug 24, 2021
Here for the expected and never ending disgusting hypocrisy. “ItS nOt tHe sAme wHen a mAn doEs iT.”

Sounding like idiots undecided

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by cococandy(f): 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2021
tunwumi:
Just a simple question. What does your sister tends to gain if she quit? Did she think that the baby mam will not become the real wife in 2 days? Just thinking out loud niii

What does “the real wife” gain?
Explain to us

6 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by Olumaeme: 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2021
You have mentioned that she have temperament which sill sometimes trigger a lot of things.
I have discovered that people who get angry too often say things they probably cant do and when you beg them they feel big.

Does she have the money to take care of her kids if she decides to end the marriage?
Does the husband have enough money to send to her if she quits?
What was the reason behind getting the lady outside pregnant? Because it could be that she used her mouth to push her husband out with her anger.

If I'm in your shoes, I'll tell her to quit. to reset her brain.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by cococandy(f): 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2021
Redpillar:
I am here for the logical gender’s post. So far they are not disappointing me. grin
it’s been nothing but amusing

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by dandig(m): 5:00pm On Aug 24, 2021
2ndtimeuncle:

It rains everywhere, I don't want her to make a decision she will regret for the rest of her life.
HELLO SIR, PLEASE CAN YOU ADVICE SISTER TO GET HERSELF BUSY... IF SHE LEAVES HOME WHO WILL KEEP HER FROM SLIPPING INTO DEPRESSION AND HUNGER...WILL IT BE YOU? OGA U HAVE WORK TO DO BY SITTING HER DOWN AND TALKING 2HRS TALK INTO HER. LET HER KNOW SHE'S ABOUT LOOSING OUT IN A WAR. IF SHE CAN GET HERSELF BUSY LITTLE BY LITTLE, SHE CAN INDEED SENSE WHERE THE FAULT IS COMING FROM AND COVER IT...IF SHE RELAXES, SHE CAN KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THE OTHER LADY WELL IN A WAY THAT WILL EARN HER � LOVE FROM HER HUSBAND.
Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by nomenclature(m): 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2021
Don't listen to this woke wanna be ,this is not America
GenAbacha:
And what is wrong if she quits the marriage?

Why are you bothered? What ideas are you looking for?

A contract has been breached and it’s only right you terminate it.

Re: My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. by kennysmart21: 5:04pm On Aug 24, 2021
She shoild try and stay in the marriage, no where is peaceful, it has happened and the fact that the husband is trying to keep this ( still talking to the baby mama) means he still have some feelings for her. The husband can't let go of the baby mama, she had a child for him already. As long as the husband keeps doing his responsibility and not abusive to her, she should stay or she won't like herself after leaving

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Should I Tell My Dad About My Cheating Stepmom? / How I Handled My Husband And His 4 Side Chicks - Woman (Video) / This Little Boy Perfectly Imitates His Father's Palour Posture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.