Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (860645 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Electroweb(m): 9:37am On Sep 09, 2021
Nice one!
I wanted to know how long it takes for the passport to be stamped and returned from IRCC.

THANKS

mastersammy:

Pls I won't advice you to apply for the visa with your hubby and kids at the same time, it's a wrong move. Basically, if you do that, your more like throwing away your life line that is suppose to back you up in securing the visa.
What I'm trying to say is, you've already have a social ties you can use to add strength to your home ties, so why throw it away by applying together with your family at the same time.
Tell your hubby and kids to stay back, you should apply first and use your hubby and kids as home ties bcus your husband and kids adds more strength to your home ties, so use them to equip your home ties arsenal.

Secondly, draft a good Sop and most importantly make sure you state your study plan in the Sop,this way VO will see that your Sop has a direction.
While writing your Sop you can also reveal to ircc that you own a business but it's registered in your hubby's name but for them to believe it, you need to add evidence to it that you truely own the buisness. The reason why I want you to bring this up is for you to be adding more juice to your home ties. Telling the VO you own the buisness but it's registered in your hubby's name is not enough, you need to show them evidence bcus you having a buisness of your own that is thriving and also using your family as home ties, they will make up a sufficient home ties to some extent.

Since your overwhelmed with the whole thing,I suggest you take it step by step so that you won't get confuse. You can start by surfing the internet and look for school that will suit your needs in terms of tuition and course.
Once you get admission, you can come back here and inform us so that we will tell you next step to take
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OCT202020: 9:37am On Sep 09, 2021
Oviebright:

Baba nor pay your school fees with Flywire oh it’s not recognized in WEMA bank that’s the exact problem I faced months when I wanted to pay my school fees oh. Just find somebody in Canada to do it for you. As for Flywire I don’t trust them when I went to WEMA bank didn’t recognize dem. But some people said they have done their school tuition payment using Flywire here.

You could have tried another branch or another bank.

Flywire is a reliable and recognized medium,I'm sure so many people can testify to this. The only problem is their conversion rate if transaction is to be done in local currency. Best bet, use FORM A if you want to used FLYWIRE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 09, 2021
Thanks
demmyg4real:

Yes, it will be Tru fly wire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mudiwest(m): 9:48am On Sep 09, 2021
Patricknetter:
Hello everyone,
PPR dropped!!!

See better problem o.
Just deferred last week, received my new acceptance letter from the school and today i just got my PPR. I'm wondering what to tell IRCC and what to upload or what to even do
Gurus, please help me oooooo

May we know your timeline please

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gracehayford1: 9:49am On Sep 09, 2021
Congratulations.. pls when did you apply..
Patricknetter:
Hello everyone,
PPR dropped!!!

See better problem o.
Just deferred last week, received my new acceptance letter from the school and today i just got my PPR. I'm wondering what to tell IRCC and what to upload or what to even do
Gurus, please help me oooooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by LILIAN75: 9:49am On Sep 09, 2021
Thank you dear
KellyKk:

Lilian sorry about your refusal, Trust me the lord is your strength, my own little knowledge though , if there is another chance of differing to May2022 intake that will be fine . Within these periods you will be able to order your GCMS notes and see the VO concern about your application. I don’t think January 2022 will work-out because you will have to wait for your note a month and few weeks and you know it take IRCC almost four months to finalize application these days. My little knowledge though . Await other gurus opinions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OCT202020: 9:51am On Sep 09, 2021
Bosede24:
Hello everyone, please I want to ask a question oo

If I collect the first and second dose of the vaccine here in Nigeria....will I have to collect any one when I want to travel next year August?

2. Wil I still do the mandatory quarantine when I get to Canada?

You're already fully vaccinated,no shaking.

August next year still far o, I'm sure a whole lot of things would have changed by then, just keep enjoying jare
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godsfave: 9:53am On Sep 09, 2021
They just sent me validity of your biometric information, please what does that mean for my application?

Someone please reply me

May 14th applicant, eligibility started yesterday

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bayor65: 9:58am On Sep 09, 2021
Hello, my application was refused this morning. Please I will need gurus in the house to put me through because, I will like to reapply

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fortuneforever: 10:02am On Sep 09, 2021
Congratulations to recent ppr holders, we tap into your testimonies as we anticipate ours!

It will soon reach us! May 16th!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MJ1000: 10:04am On Sep 09, 2021
Thank you

ohizzy:

By stating what the funds are for and your relationship with the sender with evidence to back it up in your SOP/LOE.

Best of Luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi17(m): 10:08am On Sep 09, 2021
Good house,
Please I need advice ,am confuse on the next step to take . I applied on the 3rd of June , done biometric and upfront medical. Till now application still in progress . Sent mails and webforms, gotten the generic reply. My school opens 9 sept, and the school said I can't defer the program, that my only option is to withdraw before September 15 and get refund of fees paid, or take 3 courses online , pending when I get a decision,and pay the outstanding fall school fees before the September 15. And my program is practical nursing which must require in person teaching. What should I do ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bosede24: 10:08am On Sep 09, 2021
OCT202020:

You're already fully vaccinated,no shaking.

August next year still far o, I'm sure a whole lot of things would have changed by then, just keep enjoying jare
Thank you��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 09, 2021
That's bvl. You should get a final decision soon I suppose
Godsfave:
They just sent me validity of your biometric information, please what does that mean for my application?

Someone please reply me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 10:09am On Sep 09, 2021
Godsfave:

Someone please reply me

a final decision has been made. Be expecting PPR soon by God grace

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 10:10am On Sep 09, 2021
Ikechi17:
Good house,
Please I need advice ,am confuse on the next step to take . I applied on the 3rd of June , done biometric and upfront medical. Till now application still in progress . Sent mails and webforms, gotten the generic reply. My school opens 9 sept, and the school said I can't defer the program, that my only option is to withdraw before September 15 and get refund of fees paid, or take 3 courses online , pending when I get a decision,and pay the outstanding fall school fees before the September 15. And my program is practical nursing which must require in person teaching. What should I do ?
mine is June 2. Let's be hopeful that they start working on June applications next week

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mudiwest(m): 10:10am On Sep 09, 2021
Ikechi17:
Good house,

My best advice for you is to withdraw your admission from that school. The timeframe they are giving is too short.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2021
Oviebright:
Please an agent secured my admission and has my login details I plan to defer till may and I’ve already told him yet he keeps shifting the date to defer the admission. And I don’t have login to defer by myself. Does anyone know how I can go about the deferment without having login to the account?

You don't need to have gckeys logins before you defer your program, just contact the school, as long as you have your registration number given to you by the school when they offered you Admission, you can use the registration number to write to the school , so that they will identify you and ask them to defer your program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by velii: 10:15am On Sep 09, 2021
But doing an additional 1yr program would give 3yr PGWP

mastersammy:

Yes that's true that there is low visa approval for applicant in naija going for 1yr program, although the fact is not proven and no evidence to back it up but I've not seen anyone who have gotten approval using 1yr program, just saying from my own view.

Incase if you don't know, 1yr program has it's disadvantages and one of them is, if an applicant manage to get a visa with 1yr program, at the end of the one yr program, the applicant will be given 1yr Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) but if it's 2yrs program it will beget 3yrs PGWP.
Another disadvantage associated with 1yr program is, the one year doesn't usually reach one year, if your giving 1yr program and your giving a visa, the duration of the visa will be 8months if I'm not mistaken or maybe 9months but it doesn't reach 1yr.
So the choice is yours,if you choose to go for the 1yr then so be it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by theboyy: 10:16am On Sep 09, 2021
theboyy:
Hello family

I just renewed my passport, do you suggest i update ircc through webform now or when i eventually get my passport request?

Please fam what do you suggest i do?

Please guys?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godsfave: 10:16am On Sep 09, 2021
atiteb4:
a final decision has been made. Be expecting PPR soon by God grace

Amen! Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Victoryokondu: 10:17am On Sep 09, 2021
Godsfave:

Someone please reply me

A decision has been made on your application, you will receive notification of the decision soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gracehayford1: 10:20am On Sep 09, 2021
Hello all
Ppr just dropped now.. will be back to share my testimony

44 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 10:20am On Sep 09, 2021
Gracehayford1:
Hello all
Nah so
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 10:22am On Sep 09, 2021
Gracehayford1:
Hello all
congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:23am On Sep 09, 2021
Make sure you come back..

Congrats

Gracehayford1:
Hello all

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OCT202020: 10:23am On Sep 09, 2021
LILIAN75:
Gurus in house help me out , Abeg , pls

Good morning dear nairalanders, the long wait ended today with refusal with reasons insufficient fund and home ties
App 27th of April
BVL 18th of August
Refusal 9th of September

My classes has resumed on the 1st of September , so I deferred the admission to January 2022 due delay of the application processing which has been approved but I'm yet to get the new LOA , will be getting it before next week ends according to my college.
I want to reapply to meet up with January 2022, I want to order for the GCMS but from the comments I have been seeing here, its seems it takes more than a month and we have less than four months to January.
I didn't do upfront medical initially, booked for the upfront after I joined this thread and the appointment is scheduled to be on the 30th of September.
Questions
1) Can I change my sponsor
2) I had gift deed of 2m but the fund is no longer in the account
3) I use my Job as home ties and how I intend to give back to my society upon my return, its a one year health care leadership programme that i applied for. what other thing can I use as my home ties
4) Can I still meet up with January if I reapply
5) should I still go ahead and do the medical exam I booked
I don't even know what to think again

So sorry about the outcome of your application,your time is coming and very soon shall it be.

If your refusal was only on the ground of fund insufficiency then I don't think you need to order for gcms note (it's direct enough) and you surely know the solution.

1. There's no harm in changing your sponsor, especially If your sponsor's financial status hasn't improved significantly over time. You can also have more than a single sponsor.

2. It doesn't matter, you'll repackage the whole thing.

3. Your job/ business, family, properties and investments and community involvement .

4. This one dey God's hand o, IRCC is highly inefficient and they have no guiding rules. You might be lucky to get a speedy response though, but no one can tell.

5. Please go ahead with the medicals, although it has nothing to do with the outcome but it helps with the process.

6. Please stay strong, keep your eyes focused on the dream, never stop being hopeful and most importantly, never stop thanking God. We will all celebrate with you las-las.
It will surely end in praise.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 10:24am On Sep 09, 2021
Bayor65:
Please house, how can I order for my GMC note?

You can order your GCMS note in 2ways,either you use someone that stays within Canada to order it or you use any of the companies in Canada that orders Gcms note for people worldwide to get your own.
Just incase if you don't have any friends or relative in Canada to order the note for you,I suggest you go for the other option.
I recommend you choose either Getgcms.com or Gcmsbuddy.com to order the note , since you have no one in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 10:24am On Sep 09, 2021
Oviebright:

Baba nor pay your school fees with Flywire oh it’s not recognized in WEMA bank that’s the exact problem I faced months when I wanted to pay my school fees oh. Just find somebody in Canada to do it for you. As for Flywire I don’t trust them when I went to WEMA bank didn’t recognize dem. But some people said they have done their school tuition payment using Flywire here.

Flywire is very reliable. They update you as the cash moved from one account to the other. Their exchange rate if you pay directly with your debit card is crazy. But you ca always generate an invoice from their site flywire.com and take it to your bank. Generating the invoice is very easy. Just register yourself with them, click on new payment and fill in all necessary details.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OCT202020: 10:30am On Sep 09, 2021
theboyy:
Hello family

I just renewed my passport, do you suggest i update ircc through webform now or when i eventually get my passport request?

Please fam what do you suggest i do?

I'll suggest you update them as soon as you can,

You might not get a PPR depending on the months left to expiration, let's assume a final decision is made on your application 1 or 2months to your passport expiration, IRCC go hold on to your passport request o, until it's updated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Myki007: 10:32am On Sep 09, 2021
Please when did you apply?
Jojorito007:

Congratulations
I applied same day with you and our biometrics was done same day too. My eligibility started yesterday. I am praying for the best .

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.