Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (860489 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kema22: 8:06am On Sep 09, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by favourdamsel: 8:07am On Sep 09, 2021
Ketima:

Hello,

For Master program, Most schools in Canada only ask for referees official mail and not Gmail or Yahoo mail, as they believe applicants might be the one running the said yahoo or Gmail accounts.

But some schools accept it. I think university of saskatchewan,I used 2 referees with official mail and one referee with Gmail and it went through.

So try and get a referee with official email.to be on safe side

Thanks. Let me try my best. And see how I can find a lecturer in my department using the official email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by prada1: 8:10am On Sep 09, 2021
Good Morning guys. so here is my timeline and story.
1st time applicant.
Application submission-May14th
Biometrics-May 27
Medicals-August 11
Correspondence-September 7
PPR-September 7 (about 30 mins after correspondence)

i received nothing on my application till September. I sent mails but they said to stop so i did but on September 7, i sent another one begging them to answer me and after 30 mins, I got my PPR. Infarct, Eligibility never changed till i got my correspondence.
To my story

I am a product of God's grace. When God says YES, believe me, no one can say NO. I applied to about 3 schools but i picked a course not really related to my discipline because i wanted funding. Sha, i was reject in two of the schools and i was giving an alternative in the 3rd university which is MUN to take a graduate diploma and upon my performance this fall, i will switch to the masters program which can be funded.
It sounded great and i asked here on NL for people's opinion if this was a good offer.it wasnt logical so majority of the people discouraged me saying i had a good grade in my undergrad cgpa of 4.+ so if i applied, my visa might be rejected. Also, there is no career progression, i am going for a course which is not aligning and so on.
i didn't know what to do but at some point, but i decided to give it a trial.

i went ahead to submit my application. The point i am trying to make is that.
My application looked impossible and even me myself was skeptical about it

1. I had limited fund i.e my funds where less than 7m, the funds where lump sum. It was sent to me about 5 days before i applied and i never showed where it came from i.e the persons bank statement cause it was from various sources.
2. i didn't pay any tuition not even deposit
3. Doesn't look like there was career progression
4. going for a different course

Document submitted
1. My university transcript, degree cert, waec etc.
2.My bank statement
3.Nysc cert
4.SOP- Very detailed 4 pages
and some other document like employment letter, payslips (just 2 years work experience with NYSC)

Infact, i have started preparing for another application window and was about tom pay for ielts and start the process again but GOD had plans for me. Little did i know .

Sha Sha Sha, God did it. My point is to give us hope that God can break all protocols if we believe. This platform helped me a lot. I cant count how many people i DM to help me and they were all willing. I did it myself, No agent whatsoever and it was all based on the knowledge i acquired and information i got from this platform.
God bless us all. lets Keep the hope alive and it shall surely End in Praise

Please, i am looking for a roommate/ Accommodation (F). I plan travelling next month to ST Johns. Also, where can i get the Johnson and Johnson[right][/right] vaccine. Since its one shot. Please help. I am trying to save cost.

Thank you all

51 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by favourdamsel: 8:11am On Sep 09, 2021
mastersammy:

Some universities do request from their applicants to send reference letter that contains their university email address but the problem now is it's not all lecturers that makes use of university email address, some of them have their own personal email address.
I know one of the schools in Canada that does that and university of Calgary is one of them cus I can remember applying for admission for someone and they requested for university official email address, I helped the person by writing to the school and explaining to them that the lecturers doesn't operate using school email address, and I manage to forward the Reference letter like that , the one with lecturers personal email address and the person was given Admission.
So In your case now, it's either you write to your school authority in Nigeria here to obtain a letter from them stating that most of the lecturers don't use university email address, maybe from the School VC or Student affairs and also you can equally write to the school in Canada too and explain to them to and hear what they will have to say

Thanks . God please help me to pass this hurdle. I know it will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 8:15am On Sep 09, 2021
Kema22:
Thanks sis

I am a male person.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sandra734030: 8:19am On Sep 09, 2021
Congratulations
God please break protocols for my sake

prada1:
1st time applicant.
Biometrics-May 27
Medicals-August 11

i received nothing on my application till September. I sent mails but they said to stop so i did but on September 7, i sent another one begging them to answer me and after 30 mins, I got my PPR. Infarct, Eligibility never changed till i got my correspondence.
To my story

I am a product of God's grace. When God says YES, believe me, no one can say NO. I applied to about 3 schools but i picked a course not really related to my discipline because i wanted funding. Sha, i was reject in two of the schools and i was giving an alternative in the 3rd university which is MUN to take a graduate diploma and upon my performance this fall, i will switch to the masters program which can be funded.
It sounded great and i asked here on NL for people's opinion if this was a good offer.it wasnt logical so majority of the people discouraged me saying i had a good grade in my undergrad cgpa of 4.+ so if i applied, my visa might be rejected. Also, there is no career progression, i am going for a course which is not aligning and so on.

1. I had limited fund i.e my funds where less than 7m, the funds where lump sum. It was sent to me about 5 days before i applied and i never showed where it came from i.e the persons bank statement cause it was from various sources.

Document submitted
2.My bank statement
3.Nysc cert
and some other document like employment letter, payslips (just 2 years work experience with NYSC)

Infact, i have started preparing for another application window and was about tom pay for ielts and start the process again but GOD had plans for me. Little did i know .

Sha Sha Sha, God did it. My point is to give us hope that God can break all protocols if we believe. This platform helped me a lot. I cant count how many people i DM to help me and they were all willing. I did it myself, No agent whatsoever and it was all based on the knowledge i acquired and information i got from this platform.

Please, i am looking for a roommate/ Accommodation (F). I plan travelling next month to ST Johns. Also, where can i get the Johnson and Johnson[right][/right] vaccine. Since its one shot. Please help. I am trying to save cost.

Thank you all

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Somekay: 8:35am On Sep 09, 2021
Please I have just my Biometric Validation letter please will that suffice as the biometric slip? I can’t find any slip given to me in 2018 when I did biometric
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 09, 2021
If you pay your fees with flywire will the school refund with flywire rate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oviebright: 8:39am On Sep 09, 2021
Good morning everyone, please how much is Medicals, biometric fees and also police report. In naira please I need any answers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oviebright: 8:42am On Sep 09, 2021
Blazca:
Baba nor pay your school fees with Flywire oh it’s not recognized in WEMA bank that’s the exact problem I faced months when I wanted to pay my school fees oh. Just find somebody in Canada to do it for you. As for Flywire I don’t trust them when I went to WEMA bank didn’t recognize dem. But some people said they have done their school tuition payment using Flywire here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oviebright: 8:48am On Sep 09, 2021
Please an agent secured my admission and has my login details I plan to defer till may and I’ve already told him yet he keeps shifting the date to defer the admission. And I don’t have login to defer by myself. Does anyone know how I can go about the deferment without having login to the account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 09, 2021
Already paid successfully shaa, just wondering about this
Oviebright:

Baba nor pay your school fees with Flywire oh it’s not recognized in WEMA bank that’s the exact problem I faced months when I wanted to pay my school fees oh. Just find somebody in Canada to do it for you. As for Flywire I don’t trust them when I went to WEMA bank didn’t recognize dem. But some people said they have done their school tuition payment using Flywire here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bosede24: 9:01am On Sep 09, 2021
Hello everyone, please I want to ask a question oo

If I collect the first and second dose of the vaccine here in Nigeria....will I have to collect any one when I want to travel next year August?

2. Wil I still do the mandatory quarantine when I get to Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 9:01am On Sep 09, 2021
prada1:
1st time applicant.
Biometrics-May 27
Medicals-August 11

To my story

Document submitted
2.My bank statement
3.Nysc cert

Thank you all

It’s by God grace not by bulky documents. You don’t even submit any landed documents. Even your POF is not even up to 30kCD. No tuition deposit Nothing
Congrats � May the land Favour you

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by onyek82(m): 9:02am On Sep 09, 2021
Somekay:
Please I have just my Biometric Validation letter please will that suffice as the biometric slip? I can’t find any slip given to me in 2018 when I did biometric

Bro i am in the shoe with you o, I did mine 2017, I can't find any copy of my slip, and I have been wondering how I will go about it if my PPR eventually drops
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Doree: 9:05am On Sep 09, 2021
Doree:
I have a question pls,

For newly arrived travellers, will a quarantine over a separate room in an apartment, though with a shared bathroom/toilet though with another person be accepted?
One other person uses the other room, although he is fully vaccinated and is not a vulnerable person.

Someone should answer me pls nah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jojorito007: 9:06am On Sep 09, 2021
prada1:
1st time applicant.
Biometrics-May 27
Medicals-August 11

Congratulations
I applied same day with you and our biometrics was done same day too. My eligibility started yesterday. I am praying for the best .

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bayor65: 9:08am On Sep 09, 2021
Please house, how can I order for my GMC note?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ohizzy(m): 9:09am On Sep 09, 2021
MJ1000:
Hello Everyone,

Please what are the best ways of explaining lump sums?

Thank you

By stating what the funds are for and your relationship with the sender with evidence to back it up in your SOP/LOE.

Best of Luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by LILIAN75: 9:09am On Sep 09, 2021
Good morning dear nairalanders, the long wait ended today with refusal with reasons insufficient fund and home ties
App 27th of April
BVL 18th of August
Refusal 9th of September

My classes has resumed on the 1st of September , so I deferred the admission to January 2022 due delay of the application processing which has been approved but I'm yet to get the new LOA , will be getting it before next week ends according to my college.
I want to reapply to meet up with January 2022, I want to order for the GCMS but from the comments I have been seeing here, its seems it takes more than a month and we have less than four months to January.
I didn't do upfront medical initially, booked for the upfront after I joined this thread and the appointment is scheduled to be on the 30th of September.
Questions
1) Can I change my sponsor
2) I had gift deed of 2m but the fund is no longer in the account
3) I use my Job as home ties and how I intend to give back to my society upon my return, its a one year health care leadership programme that i applied for. what other thing can I use as my home ties
4) Can I still meet up with January if I reapply
5) should I still go ahead and do the medical exam I booked
I don't even know what to think again

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fejiromich: 9:18am On Sep 09, 2021
Congratulations Somkay

Somekay:
It’s my time!! It’s my turn!! What God cannot do does not exist!! I have come to return all the glory to God almighty.

Application submitted- May 12th
Upfront Medical updated to passed- 5th July
Biometric- still valid from 2018
Eligibility started- 7th September
PPR- 9th September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by LILIAN75: 9:19am On Sep 09, 2021
Gurus in house help me out , Abeg , pls

Good morning dear nairalanders, the long wait ended today with refusal with reasons insufficient fund and home ties
App 27th of April
BVL 18th of August
Refusal 9th of September

My classes has resumed on the 1st of September , so I deferred the admission to January 2022 due delay of the application processing which has been approved but I'm yet to get the new LOA , will be getting it before next week ends according to my college.
I want to reapply to meet up with January 2022, I want to order for the GCMS but from the comments I have been seeing here, its seems it takes more than a month and we have less than four months to January.
I didn't do upfront medical initially, booked for the upfront after I joined this thread and the appointment is scheduled to be on the 30th of September.
Questions
3) I use my Job as home ties and how I intend to give back to my society upon my return, its a one year health care leadership programme that i applied for. what other thing can I use as my home ties
I don't even know what to think again [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by demmyg4real: 9:19am On Sep 09, 2021
Blazca:

Yes, it will be Tru fly wire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OCT202020: 9:23am On Sep 09, 2021
Somekay:
It’s my time!! It’s my turn!! What God cannot do does not exist!! I have come to return all the glory to God almighty.

Application submitted- May 12th
Upfront Medical updated to passed- 5th July
Biometric- still valid from 2018
Eligibility started- 7th September
PPR- 9th September

September babies plenti o,
What a great month
All glory be to God.
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Patricknetter: 9:23am On Sep 09, 2021
Hello everyone,
PPR dropped!!!

See better problem o.
Just deferred last week, received my new acceptance letter from the school and today i just got my PPR. I'm wondering what to tell IRCC and what to upload or what to even do
Gurus, please help me oooooo

36 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bayor65: 9:23am On Sep 09, 2021
How can I order for GCMC note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 9:28am On Sep 09, 2021
LILIAN75:
App 27th of April
BVL 18th of August
Refusal 9th of September

Questions
Lilian sorry about your refusal, Trust me the lord is your strength, my own little knowledge though , if there is another chance of differing to May2022 intake that will be fine . Within these periods you will be able to order your GCMS notes and see the VO concern about your application. I don’t think January 2022 will work-out because you will have to wait for your note a month and few weeks and you know it take IRCC almost four months to finalize application these days. My little knowledge though . Await other gurus opinions

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OCT202020: 9:29am On Sep 09, 2021
Somekay:

I don't think so but I'm very certain that paying the biometrics transmission fee will suffice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by demmyg4real: 9:31am On Sep 09, 2021
Oviebright:

I paid my commitment and full tuition (totaling 10k7 cad) fee through flywire.... Infact I transfered my the money tru their wema bank acc... Flywire confirmed the money via mail same day and the school confirmed the money later (guess about a week or so)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ehisforever24(m): 9:33am On Sep 09, 2021
LILIAN75:
Gurus in house help me out , Abeg , pls

App 27th of April
BVL 18th of August
Refusal 9th of September

Questions
did you write IELTS, also did you use a sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by theboyy: 9:33am On Sep 09, 2021
Hello family

I just renewed my passport, do you suggest i update ircc through webform now or when i eventually get my passport request?

Please fam what do you suggest i do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 9:36am On Sep 09, 2021
Patricknetter:
Hello everyone,
PPR dropped!!!

See better problem o.
Just deferred last week, received my new acceptance letter from the school and today i just got my PPR. I'm wondering what to tell IRCC and what to upload or what to even do
Gurus, please help me oooooo
congratulations. When did you apply for the visa ? Did u submit mbs and IELTS?

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.