Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,609 members, 7,823,652 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (861828 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OCT202020: 10:33am On Sep 09, 2021
Gracehayford1:
Hello all
Ppr just dropped now.. will be back to share my testimony

This September testimony na per second per second.
Congratulations Gracehayford

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 10:36am On Sep 09, 2021
LILIAN75:
Good morning dear nairalanders, the long wait ended today with refusal with reasons insufficient fund and home ties
App 27th of April
BVL 18th of August
Refusal 9th of September

My classes has resumed on the 1st of September , so I deferred the admission to January 2022 due delay of the application processing which has been approved but I'm yet to get the new LOA , will be getting it before next week ends according to my college.
I want to reapply to meet up with January 2022, I want to order for the GCMS but from the comments I have been seeing here, its seems it takes more than a month and we have less than four months to January.
I didn't do upfront medical initially, booked for the upfront after I joined this thread and the appointment is scheduled to be on the 30th of September.
Questions
1) Can I change my sponsor
2) I had gift deed of 2m but the fund is no longer in the account
3) I use my Job as home ties and how I intend to give back to my society upon my return, its a one year health care leadership programme that i applied for. what other thing can I use as my home ties
4) Can I still meet up with January if I reapply
5) should I still go ahead and do the medical exam I booked
I don't even know what to think again

Pls don't be in a haste to reapply just bcus you don't want to miss January class bcus by doin so your applying blindly.
You need to order for your Gcms note, so that you will get to see the VO final remarks in your app and the comprehensive refusal reasons made in it, this way it will enable you to repackage your app and correct all the refusal reasons and retire your application immediately.
Secondly, if you plan on changing your sponsor make sure you state the reason why you want to change sponsor using your Sop, bcus ircc already have your details .
Thirdly, Gcms note takes maximum of 40days to be available but at times it use to be more than that. I advise you to have the patience and wait for your Gcms note, so that you will make corrections.
If you apply for Gcms now I doubt if you will meet up for January intake but nevertheless you can go ahead and reapply, just incase if you don't meet up with January intake, you can still defer your Admission again to summer intake.
Fourthly, using your job alone as home ties is not enough, you need to add more economic ties.
Are you married, you can use your family as home ties, do you have any personal asset or any investment or you have a house registered in your name, you can use these to add strength to your home ties.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lovesarrow: 10:37am On Sep 09, 2021
Maybe you should be explicit in this ur advise. 1yr
Pgc does not get approval. My brother got an approval last month for an 8 months pgc without medicals. So people that don't have the funds for a 2 Yr course should go ahead and apply for a 2yr course instead of 1 year? This ur advise is quite misleading.
Please gurus is this facts??

mastersammy:

Yes that's true that there is low visa approval for applicant in naija going for 1yr program, although the fact is not proven and no evidence to back it up but I've not seen anyone who have gotten approval using 1yr program, just saying from my own view.

Incase if you don't know, 1yr program has it's disadvantages and one of them is, if an applicant manage to get a visa with 1yr program, at the end of the one yr program, the applicant will be given 1yr Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) but if it's 2yrs program it will beget 3yrs PGWP.
Another disadvantage associated with 1yr program is, the one year doesn't usually reach one year, if your giving 1yr program and your giving a visa, the duration of the visa will be 8months if I'm not mistaken or maybe 9months but it doesn't reach 1yr.
So the choice is yours,if you choose to go for the 1yr then so be it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 10:38am On Sep 09, 2021
theboyy:
Hello family

I just renewed my passport, do you suggest i update ircc through webform now or when i eventually get my passport request?

Please fam what do you suggest i do?

Hurry up and forward the New Passport to them through webform before they conclude your app
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 10:40am On Sep 09, 2021
Electroweb:

Nice one!
I wanted to know how long it takes for the passport to be stamped and returned from IRCC.

THANKS

I can say for sure, it could be a month or less , at times it use to be 2months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by theboyy: 10:40am On Sep 09, 2021
OCT202020:

I'll suggest you update them as soon as you can,

You might not get a PPR depending on the months left to expiration, let's assume a final decision is made on your application 1 or 2months to your passport expiration, IRCC go hold on to your passport request o, until it's updated

Thank you so much for your response.

I actually had two more years validity on the passport, I don’t want to come back to Nigeria for passport renewal that’s why i did it, you know how this country is lol, do you still suggest i update them now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by justjify(m): 10:41am On Sep 09, 2021
gracedson:
I just got back my Passport stamped, this stamp looks so beautiful.
grin grin congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 10:42am On Sep 09, 2021
Godsfave:
They just sent me validity of your biometric information, please what does that mean for my application?

Someone please reply me

May 14th applicant, eligibility started yesterday

It means final decision has been made on your application and you should be expecting your decision envelope in your gckeys account in the next 3days or less. I assure you, definitely the final decision will be communicated to you in the next 3days

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 10:45am On Sep 09, 2021
Ikechi17:
Good house,
Please I need advice ,am confuse on the next step to take . I applied on the 3rd of June , done biometric and upfront medical. Till now application still in progress . Sent mails and webforms, gotten the generic reply. My school opens 9 sept, and the school said I can't defer the program, that my only option is to withdraw before September 15 and get refund of fees paid, or take 3 courses online , pending when I get a decision,and pay the outstanding fall school fees before the September 15. And my program is practical nursing which must require in person teaching. What should I do ?

I suggest you apply for another school and secure LOA from them and forward it to ircc and explain in writing to them why you went for another school , so that they will use it to update your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bayor65: 10:46am On Sep 09, 2021
mastersammy:

You can order your GCMS note in 2ways,either you use someone that stays within Canada to order it or you use any of the companies in Canada that orders Gcms note for people worldwide to get your own.
Just incase if you don't have any friends or relative in Canada to order the note for you,I suggest you go for the other option.
I recommend you choose either Getgcms.com or Gcmsbuddy.com to order the note , since you have no one in Canada.

Thanks, should I order GCMS basic Or GCMS documents? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Leyemoshood: 10:47am On Sep 09, 2021
Enjay316:
unfortunately I had in the news today that it's only 4 remote places where its difficult to get to and to also vaccinate so that it will just be once nd 4 all.

Oh, okay.

Everyone waiting for PPR that's yet to be vaccinated should go for Moderna ASAP, it's just 4 weeks interrva between the 1St and the 2nd those. Once they can remain in Nigeria for 2 weeks after the 2nd dose, they'll be exempted from quarantine in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 10:48am On Sep 09, 2021
velii:

But doing an additional 1yr program would give 3yr PGWP

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by LILIAN75: 10:49am On Sep 09, 2021
Thank you dear
mastersammy:

Pls don't be in a haste to reapply bcus you don't want to miss January class bcus by doin so your applying blindly.
You need to order for your Gcms note, so that you will get to see the VO final remarks in your app and the comprehensive refusal reasons made in it, this way it will enable you to repackage your app and correct all the refusal reasons and retire your application immediately.
Secondly, if you plan on changing your sponsor make sure you state the reason why you want to change sponsor using your Sop, bcus ircc already have your details .
Thirdly, Gcms note takes maximum of 40days to be available but at times it use to be more than that. I advise you to have the patience and wait for your Gcms note, so that you will make corrections.
If you apply for Gcms now I doubt if you will meet up for January intake but nevertheless you can go ahead and reapply, just incase if you don't meet up with January intake, you can still defer your Admission again to summer intake.
Fourthly, using your job alone as home ties is not enough, you need to add more economic ties.
Are you married, you can use your family as home ties, do you have any personal asset or any investment or you have a house registered in your name, you can use these to add strength to your home ties.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gracehayford1: 10:50am On Sep 09, 2021
Hello everyone, God has done it for me. He’s too faithful to fail me. I wrote down this testimony in faith that I will receive my ppr this week.

My timeline goes like this
Submitted April 10th 2021 ( normal route)
Did biometrics April 26th 2021
I did not get NSE request
Did medicals on the 3rd of June and it was updated to pass on the 10th of June.
The long wait started. I was so worried but I kept on believing in God and also praying
Sent various webform concerning my application but to no avail
Then I sent my enrollment letter through webform July 26th
My eligibility review started on the 31st of July
I sent a webform to Nairobi yesterday telling them that the wait is affecting me mentally and that I need a decision soon. After sending the email I was scared that I might appear desperate but anyways My correspondence letter and ppr dropped today 9th of September
For those waiting for ppr God will do it in Jesus name Amen.
Thank you all for always replying my questions here. God bless you all.
Note: I didn’t pay any tuition fee

33 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 10:51am On Sep 09, 2021
You sure did!!
Congratulations

Gracehayford1:
Congratulations to the ppr receivers.. I’m next in line.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 10:52am On Sep 09, 2021
Lovesarrow:
Pgc does not get approval. My brother got an approval last month for an 8 months pgc without medicals. So people that don't have the funds for a 2 Yr course should go ahead and apply for a 2yr course instead of 1 year? This ur advise is quite misleading.

Thank you jare. Who says 1year PGD or PGC does not have a chance. Everybody can't go for the 2year program. Reason most people opt for the 2 year program is because of the 3 year PGWP which you can still get as a 1year PGD student if you were able to secure another one year program.

Everyone should just relax with their opinions so that misleading information don't put people in dilemma.
A ma laluyo. Amin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 09, 2021
Is there anyone with PPR that deferred till next semester? What is the plan and when will it be advisable to travel?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 10:53am On Sep 09, 2021
Congratulations
Gracehayford1:

Hello everyone, God has done it for me. He’s too faithful to fail me. I wrote down this testimony in faith that I will receive my ppr this week.

My timeline goes like this
Submitted April 10th 2021 ( normal route)
Did biometrics April 26th 2021
I did not get NSE request
Did medicals on the 3rd of June and it was updated to pass on the 10th of June.
The long wait started. I was so worried but I kept on believing in God and also praying
Sent various webform concerning my application but to no avail
Then I sent my enrollment letter through webform July 26th
My eligibility review started on the 31st of July
I sent a webform to Nairobi yesterday telling them that the wait is affecting me mentally and that I need a decision soon. After sending the email I was scared that I might appear desperate but anyways My correspondence letter and ppr dropped today 9th of September
For those waiting for ppr God will do it in Jesus name Amen.
Thank you all for always replying my questions here. God bless you all.
Note: I didn’t pay any tuition fee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 10:54am On Sep 09, 2021
Lovesarrow:

Plss your quoting me wrong, I never said 1yr program can not get one's visa approved but rather it's usually difficult to obtain visa using it, that's why I don't advice ppl to go through it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by LILIAN75: 10:54am On Sep 09, 2021
Thank you so much
OCT202020:

So sorry about the outcome of your application,your time is coming and very soon shall it be.

If your refusal was only on the ground of fund insufficiency then I don't think you need to order for gcms note (it's direct enough) and you surely know the solution.

1. There's no harm in changing your sponsor, especially If your sponsor's financial status hasn't improved significantly over time. You can also have more than a single sponsor.

2. It doesn't matter, you'll repackage the whole thing.

3. Your job/ business, family, properties and investments and community involvement .

4. This one dey God's hand o, IRCC is highly inefficient and they have no guiding rules. You might be lucky to get a speedy response though, but no one can tell.

5. Please go ahead with the medicals, although it has nothing to do with the outcome but it helps with the process.

6. Please stay strong, keep your eyes focused on the dream, never stop being hopeful and most importantly, never stop thanking God. We will all celebrate with you las-las.
It will surely end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godsfave: 10:55am On Sep 09, 2021
mastersammy:

It means final decision has been made on your application and you should be expecting your decision envelope in your gckeys account in the next 3days or less. I assure you, definitely the final decision will be communicated to you in the next 3days
Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lovesarrow: 10:57am On Sep 09, 2021
Master Sammy sorry If it looks like I'm attacking ur posts but I know for a fact that you can request for an extension within Canada. Please I think we should double check what we post on here. A lot of people just run with it whether true or not.

mastersammy:

Once the initial 1yr visa given to you expires and your done with your year study, your expected to exit the country and if you want to get additional 1yr program, you must exit the country and reapply again from outside

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 11:01am On Sep 09, 2021
Lovesarrow:
Master Sammy sorry If it looks like I'm attacking ur posts but I know for a fact that you can request for an extension within Canada. Please I think we should double check what we post on here. A lot of people just run with it whether true or not.

I get your point and your entitle to your opinion, anyone is free to counter cus it's allowed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Electroweb(m): 11:02am On Sep 09, 2021
mastersammy:

I can say for sure, it could be a month or less , at times it use to be 2months

Wow! I was even looking at two weeks max. It is well. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by darey360(m): 11:03am On Sep 09, 2021
Even if you go for a year program , you can still go for another one immediately after the first year and then get your 3 years Pgwp after the second year
mastersammy:

Plss your quoting me wrong, I never said 1yr program can not get one's visa approved but rather it's usually difficult to obtain visa using it, that's why I don't advice ppl to go through it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:06am On Sep 09, 2021
Hello Lilian

Sorry about your refused application... As we all know, its not over until you win..

Find answers to your question below.

1. Why do you wanna change your sponsor, you didn't state how much your sponsor had in his/her account to know if your sponsor is the problem.. your sponsor may not be the reason for your refusal if he/she has the required amount in his or her account.. That is why I will advise you get your GCMS notes first before re-applying so you wont re-apply blindly.

2. is this a question?

3. Even though your Job is an home tie, it isn't strong enough.. Are you married, do you have Kids, do you have aged Parents, do you have siblings that are dependent on you, do you have investments and properties e.t.c

4. Yes you can, reason is cos you wont need to do Biometrics again, and also Medicals that is if your previous medicals is still within a year.. We have seen applicants getting Approvals within a month of them applying.. So yes, its possible you get ur Visa before January all things being equal.

5. You shouldn't be asking this question though, please go ahead with your Medicals and when you are done.. Make sure you submit the Medical slip that will be given you in the clinic along with your new application..

But please make sure you get your GCMS notes before re-applying so you wont be re-applying blindly...

And if you feel you wanna apply without your GCMS notes, at your own risk... Buts its possible you still get approved without the GCMS notes but approval rate is below 50%..

Good luck on your re-application..

Peace
LILIAN75:
Gurus in house help me out , Abeg , pls

Good morning dear nairalanders, the long wait ended today with refusal with reasons insufficient fund and home ties
App 27th of April
BVL 18th of August
Refusal 9th of September

My classes has resumed on the 1st of September , so I deferred the admission to January 2022 due delay of the application processing which has been approved but I'm yet to get the new LOA , will be getting it before next week ends according to my college.
I want to reapply to meet up with January 2022, I want to order for the GCMS but from the comments I have been seeing here, its seems it takes more than a month and we have less than four months to January.
I didn't do upfront medical initially, booked for the upfront after I joined this thread and the appointment is scheduled to be on the 30th of September.
Questions
1) Can I change my sponsor
2) I had gift deed of 2m but the fund is no longer in the account
3) I use my Job as home ties and how I intend to give back to my society upon my return, its a one year health care leadership programme that i applied for. what other thing can I use as my home ties
4) Can I still meet up with January if I reapply
5) should I still go ahead and do the medical exam I booked
I don't even know what to think again

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 11:09am On Sep 09, 2021
Go and tell your yard people ooooo....the eagle has landed!!! All Glory and honour to God Almighty who made this possible.

It's PPR guys!!!

#May14thApplicant
#FullyFunded
No NSE request but I included IELTS General result and MBS.

I'll be back with the full gist. For now...I'm over the moon. What a feeling!!!

56 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CrystalMax: 11:10am On Sep 09, 2021
Congrats to the elders in the house who just got their desired response from IRCC.

Elders, please I need counsel.
I am considering an affordable graduate diploma course in any Electrical Engineering / Data Analytics related disciplines.
(I have a 2.2 in Elect/Elect Eng'g with about 5 years work experience)
The only school I found that offers a related course to my background is Algonquin College (Energy systems) but this course is not available for May 2022 entry. I am planning for May 2022 resumption (This is to give enough time for preparation and visa processing)

Perhaps, I am limited in knowledge of school search, I humbly request for useful advise and suggestions on schools to apply to.

Save a frustrated Nigerian.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 11:10am On Sep 09, 2021
Kubums:
@justmellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Victoryokondu: 11:10am On Sep 09, 2021
Emmasonic4me:
Go and tell your yard people ooooo....the eagle has landed!!!

It's PPR guys!!!

#May14thApplicant
#FullyFunded
No NSE request but I included IELTS General result and MBS.

Congrats to you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by maestro09: 11:12am On Sep 09, 2021
Lekiboboe:

So sorry about your refusal
Await the response of the gurus to the bolded

The thing I can point out here is about the program you went for based on the VO's comment about your proposed study plan is fbis6

Your Bachelors degree & Work experience aligns with Agribusiness management but the the qualification (diploma) of the program you wanna go for is not a good career and academic progression for you. That is, a B.Tech holder going for a Diploma program.

A PG.cert in Agribusiness Management or related program is a better option

See the link below for that

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/652#105068607

Please what course can you recommend for a fresh graduate of Agriculture with a CGPA of 4.42
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jhyd0202: 11:13am On Sep 09, 2021
It's PPR guys
March applicant
NSE route

47 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.