Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855425 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by prada1: 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2021
gracedson:
Well, I don’t know about Lagos, I sent mine to Abuja and I was getting updated via email throughout all the stages. I got it back in like a Week.
Did you check your Spam folder ?
nothing at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oyesquare10: 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2021
RollyA:
my notes are out.

Lump deposits are sums received from my sponsors. One from my sponsor since November 2020 and another received by my mum in April which I used to pay my fees. With all the letters of sponsorship and gift deed I attached.

These people just they do as they like, I don't see any sense in this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 8:38pm On Sep 14, 2021
prada1:
nothing at all
Just calm down, let’s see how tomorrow goes. Abuja VFS even called me sef, there have been lot of comments on this forum that Lagos is not as fast as Abuja.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dukealara: 8:39pm On Sep 14, 2021
badmanjo:
God is always and forever hereeee... PPR!!!!!! dropped for me yesterday afternoon after 6 long months.... April 2nd applicant..... Lemme share a little story before sharing timeline and documents

Congratulations! Go and excel! It will definitely go round.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nanyashaven: 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
Hey guys,
Please is anyone having issues signing into GCKey account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sam4774: 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
my honest opinion, your finances are definitely in order, but please do not leave space for loseguard oo. your SOP must tie all this together, you must allow them to believe your sponsor is really going to spare no expense to educate you and why. sometimes its not just okay to flash the cash to these VOs properly document why this sponsor is motivated to sponsor you with evidence. an example is the fact they already provided u with 4m among other things. it shall end in praise

femmmmi94:
Gurus in the house. I plan on to submit my study permit application next month.

Here is my financial standing.
My sponsor would be providing proof of investment of 100k USD in stanbic IBTC. As well as bank staement. He has also provided additional naira of 4m to me. I have paid First semester tuition of 8950CAD already as required by the school. I also have 10k USD worth of mutual funds personally

Gurus. Am i good to go??

Please your honest opinions are highly needed
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
Nanyashaven:
Hey guys,
It is a normal thing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 8:43pm On Sep 14, 2021
So my friend got his medical request today after 11 good months of waiting and even though he submitted nse requirements. Please whoever in the shoes should keep on sending mails. He has been sending mail twice a week since February.

Me I be july applicant I pray they start attending to us positively soon

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dukealara: 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
Jadel03:
It’s PPR

God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through? Numbers 23vs 19

Program: Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting, University of British Columbia (UBC DAP). The program reads Diploma in Accounting but my admission letter actually showed a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting.

Self-Sponsored Student

Approved Permanent Residence Application but awaiting PPR. The delay was obviously due to COVID. How I knew it was approved was because I ordered my GCMS notes in December 2020. This is to further confirm that Dual Intent is allowed.

Application Submitted-April 2nd 2021

Eligibility Started/1st Ghost Update- April 16th 2021

Upfront Medical-8th May 2021

Medical Passed/2nd Ghost update: 18th May 2021

Ordered 1st GCMS note (CBSA): May 18 2021 received 13th July 2021 with Eligibility showing recommend Interview an info sharing complete.

3rd Ghost Update: June 17 2021

Ordered 2nd GCMS Notes (IRCC): 5th July 2021 and received 20th August 2021 with Eligibility showing recommend Interview and Info sharing complete

BVL and PPR: 14th September 2021

Documents Submitted:

All IMM forms

SOP AND LOE

Admission letter

International Passport

MBS ($30,000) and IELTS

Employment letter, Confirmation Letter, Promotion Letter and work Id

Treasury bill Certificates

Stanbic IBTC Pension Statement

Undergraduate Certificate

Professional Certificate in Business Accounting

Undergraduate Transcript

NYSC Certificate

Father’s Property Documents (Two C of O’s).

Congratulations!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nanyashaven: 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
KellyKk:
So my friend got his medical request today after 11 good months of waiting and even though he submitted nse requirements. Please whoever in the shoes should keep on sending mails. He has been sending mail twice a week since February.

Me I be july applicant I pray they start attending to us positively soon

The person could have done upfront medical since.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by prada1: 8:47pm On Sep 14, 2021
gracedson:
Just calm down, let’s see how tomorrow goes. Abuja VFS even called me sef, there have been lot of comments on this forum that Lagos is not as fast as Abuja.
im really worried. Tomorrow is going to make it 1 week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2021
Silverkc:
Good day everyone.

Yesterday I got a rejection Letter from IRCC.

Reasons are,

1. Financial Status and personal assets.
2. Family ties.

I was wondering if my application was actually reviewed.
I don't understand how someone that submitted an application with 6 million in my account, 17 million in my sponsors account, my employment letter from my bank and confirmation letter with account statements.

I also submitted my wife's details plus my child. My wife, child , 6 siblings and parents birth certificates.
My family won't be going with me. My application was a self application. My family is here in Nigeria, siblings and parents are also here in Nigeria.

Yet I was rejected on a family ties bases.

If I could understand the financial status and personal assets own. What about family Ties?
Is my wife, child, siblings and parents not a family? my application was just self application. So what brought about rejection based on family ties.

This shows that IRCC does not review most applications. They only issue decision based on assumption. Because I submitted every details concerning my family including Marriage certificate from Federal Government judiciary.

I was pained because I wasted time waiting for the study permit, even when I had a chance to travel to UK.

So everyone. Just keep praying hard. Because is only God that helps on this issue. Do ur own part and add it with prayer.
As for me, I just took it that this was not God's plan for me.
Let me try UK and U.S instead of reaplyin again. I don't believe canada reviews applications properly.
A friend told me but I doubted.

God bless u all. I wish u guys all the best.
am so sorry 4 ur outcome.But please order 4 ur note 1st before u make up ur mind.How related is ur sponsor to u? was there any lump sum?
these are generic messages.
also is ur course related to ur job ?

please order ur note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 8:53pm On Sep 14, 2021
prada1:
Your worry cannot do anything, so Why Worry ?

Just calm down, they will surely process it, you can send an e-mail to them or call the phone number for their office.

Your passport is definitely going to be stamped, 100%.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oyesquare10: 8:59pm On Sep 14, 2021
Leyemoshood:

Sorry about your refusal, i think you should see your GCMS note before taking a drastic decision of not applying again.

Which platform or link did you use to order your GCMS note?

Through a friend in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by badmanjo(m): 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2021
Thank you Gracedson

gracedson:
A big congratulations to you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by badmanjo(m): 9:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
Be calm, it took a friend 2 weeks through Lagos to get hers back .. I just sent mine also through Lagos DHL today.. tho I didn't pay transmission fee only DHL fee. What were the documents u included in urs

prada1:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tonerochi: 9:30pm On Sep 14, 2021
Please how long did it take you to get the notes and how much?

Oyesquare10:

Through a friend in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kema22: 9:34pm On Sep 14, 2021
Hello...I also didn't get any confirmation from vfs do I contacted the office with the live chat software and I was given my tracking ID. When I checked this evening it was showing that my passport is in transit for stamping and I submitted on Monday.
So, relax. I am sure they have received it and since its already a week, they must have sent it for stamping. It may even be on the way back. You can also message vfs office to ask for your tracking ID so you can track it yourself
prada1:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oyesquare10: 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2021
tonerochi:
Please how long did it take you to get the notes and how much?

Yet to get it and it was a friend that did it for me so he didn't charge. But it's around #5,000 if you want to order from third party company
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fortuneforever: 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
I am, but it's not unusual. I have cleared cache, used different browsers yet it goes back.
I was even hoping it's peculiar to me today, assuming they where working on my file lol.
Let me just wake to updates tomorrow!!

Nanyashaven:
Hey guys,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2021
Good evening guys, I have this very serious question, I have Hnd in Estate Management and would like to have my Pgd in Canada, but in the course of my research, I discovered that most relating courses to my Estate mgt are just a year, meanwhile a friend already advised that I should make sure I go for a course beyond a year so as to be given 3yrs visa or more. Pls guys I need advise as to what I need to do from here, a post graduate diploma or certificate relating course to Estate Management which will be over a year is what I require now. Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by endinpraise907: 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2021
Thanks so much.. You made me smile so wide. God bless you

kennyjoy:

Don’t give up Abeg, Refilled that energy back(Chop better Pepper soup and cool down with wine), I would like to encourage not to give up, just wait for the IRCC final say about your SP Application which I prayed is going to be positive, then email your School about the new development they can consider you for the next Intake and it will also be easier for you to be readmitted if you reapply. You have come this far to Give up now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Adebusolaash: 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2021
Amycanada check their website:
Please those in/got an offer in NBCC ( New Brunswick community college),what's the total cost for 1 year for an undergraduate program? Including on-campus residence.

It's urgent, if you know please reply. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ola240: 11:15pm On Sep 14, 2021
dollymon:
Please is there anyone here that was accepted at Seneca college? How did you pay your fees, was it via form A? I have sent them couple of emails regarding this but no response yet. I also read above that theres a WhatsApp group for seneca prospective student, pls can I be added to the group?

Thanks.
would like to be added too please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BenedictStinson(m): 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2021
Sorry if this is kind of a newbie question but can one start applying for fall 2022 intake in colleges now or their admissions aren't open yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2021
You can
BenedictStinson:
Sorry if this is kind of a newbie question but can one start applying for fall 2022 intake in colleges now or their admissions aren't open yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sheyman56: 11:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
Hello... It's really urgent!!... Can a friend who's in Canada pay my first semester tuition fee through online banking? Not my sponsor...Do I need to explain that? Should there be a letter from him ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BenedictStinson(m): 11:26pm On Sep 14, 2021
Lianna2020:
You can
Ok thanks Some of the school's I had looked at were still on 2021 calendar,it was getting confusing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SwayB(m): 11:50pm On Sep 14, 2021
Jessica50:
I didn't pay the tuition fee just the acceptance, it's my first time applying I just wanted to give it a try and didn't know what to submit, pof was 1m
Yea u made it easy for the VO. I'm sure you know the right steps to take now. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RoyalDukeDon: 12:00am On Sep 15, 2021
You used Lagos VFS? How many days? Congratulations once more.
Bushboy009:
Stamped passport delivered . God will answer everyone’s prayer this month �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Favouriteguy: 12:17am On Sep 15, 2021
gracedson:

Please would you advise I send mine to Abuja or Lagos. I reside in Lagos though but I would prefer the fastest route.
Do I have the option of going to their office to submit it if I want to use Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Favouriteguy: 12:44am On Sep 15, 2021
badmanjo:
Be calm, it took a friend 2 weeks through Lagos to get hers back .. I just sent mine also through Lagos DHL today.. tho I didn't pay transmission fee only DHL fee. What were the documents u included in urs

@badmanjo please how much is the transmission fee?
Do u advise I use Abuja route for stamping even though I reside in Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.