Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855398 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Developer12: 12:44am On Sep 15, 2021
Good evening guys, pls I have Hnd in Estate Management and Valuation and I'm looking to have my Pgd in Canada. but in the course of my research, I didn't find any relating course to Estate mgt with over 1 year duration. Meanwhile a friend already advised that I'll need a course of at least 2yrs duration so as to be given 3yrs work permit or more. Now my question is can I find an Environmental sciences course for PGD in any college in Canada for at least 2years duration?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by STRICK00: 1:32am On Sep 15, 2021
Hello guys,

I just arrived Canada today.. I wish everyone the best!

41 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bertram87: 1:46am On Sep 15, 2021
STRICK00:
Hello guys,

You are welcome to Canada….. May the land favor you and yours.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by endinpraise907: 2:14am On Sep 15, 2021
Congratulations to you.. All the best
Bertram87:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JDforeal: 3:59am On Sep 15, 2021
prada1:
Awolowo road ikoyi

I sent mine to Abuja same day as yours and got my stamped passport on Monday

Please others sending passport, it’s advisable to send to Abuja

Be patient, you’ll get it soon, or rather send an email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JDforeal: 4:03am On Sep 15, 2021
Sheyman56:
Hello... It's really urgent!!... Can a friend who's in Canada pay my first semester tuition fee through online banking? Not my sponsor...Do I need to explain that? Should there be a letter from him ?

My sister in Canada paid my fees
She isn’t my sponsor

But I made a transfer in naira back to her husband’s Nigeria account , and stated it in my SOP as school fees payment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JDforeal: 4:06am On Sep 15, 2021
Favouriteguy:

@badmanjo please how much is the transmission fee?
Do u advise I use Abuja route for stamping even though I reside in Lagos?

Everyone says Abuja is faster, I used Abuja and got my passport in less than a week

Transmission fees I paid last week Tuesday was 8,920
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nanyashaven: 4:49am On Sep 15, 2021
Fortuneforever:
I am, but it's not unusual. I have cleared cache, used different browsers yet it goes back.
I was even hoping it's peculiar to me today, assuming they where working on my file lol.
Let me just wake to updates tomorrow!!

I have a message but I can't access the gckey account to view it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RiquezaOlami(m): 5:26am On Sep 15, 2021
badmanjo:
I began this amazing and stressful journey 6 months ago, without even knowing who would sponsor me. An Uncle of mine then gingered me that Canada was the truth and the way for the youths now and promised to make sure the dream was accomplished... I tried to make use of a well known agency In Lagos but their bill was quite much so I decided the money was best spent elsewhere. I then Began to focus more on Canadian study trends as it dawned on me that I would be processing this application myself. I read Nairaland trends from part 17 and now it's in part 20. I gathered all I could get my hands on just to make sure I submitted this application April 2nd but still I felt it wasn't good enough.... Things like 3rd party sponsorship, me not submitting a personal bank statement and also not having any land Documents in my name became my biggest fear.... But then I met Sam from Nairaland also, who was also going to the same school as me, and he encouraged me to submit..... Cutting the long story short.... The application was approved yesterday and glory be to God.... Thank you also Sam for all you did mehn, you are really a friend turned brother����������.... Also want to appreciate everyone here including the gurus as every single thing I used for my application was gotten from here.... What God cannot do dosent exist and I ask anyone who hasn't gotten a decision yet to keep the faith and whoever was denied to keep trying..... I'll be sharing my timeline soonest

Good day... Please I am also an applicant, just got my admission letter, what are the next steps to visa processing, please. I am a newbie here. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 5:48am On Sep 15, 2021
Good morning all ppr hopefuls..
Our testimony will surely come..
June/July get ready
It will end in praise

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by rightdata: 6:06am On Sep 15, 2021
Can anyone help me with a contact to process Unilag transcripts. I urgently need to process transcripts for Faculty of science. Department of Physics.

Thanks
quote author=Iffylove post=105829188]Good morning all ppr hopefuls..
June/July get ready
It will end in praise[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sheyman56: 6:21am On Sep 15, 2021
JDforeal:

My sister in Canada paid my fees
She isn’t my sponsor

But I made a transfer in naira back to her husband’s Nigeria account , and stated it in my SOP as school fees payment

Thank you so much for the response. But in my case, he's just doing it to support me. Do I still need to explain that? How do I explain it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by STRICK00: 6:22am On Sep 15, 2021
Bertram87:

Thank you chief

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sheyman56: 6:23am On Sep 15, 2021
Sheyman56:
Hello... It's really urgent!!... Can a friend who's in Canada pay my first semester tuition fee through online banking? Not my sponsor...Do I need to explain that? Should there be a letter from him ?

In my case, he's just doing it to support me. Do I still need to explain that? How do I explain it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RiquezaOlami(m): 6:25am On Sep 15, 2021
Iffylove:
June/July get ready
It will end in praise

Amen... Please, I'm an applicant. The school just sent me my admission letter and I've accepted. Please what's going to be my next step? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 6:29am On Sep 15, 2021
Congratulations on your admission
Start reading through from the first page of this thread to know all the necessary documents you are to gather... its very simple and you can do it yourself.

RiquezaOlami:

Amen... Please, I'm an applicant. The school just sent me my admission letter and I've accepted. Please what's going to be my next step? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Favouriteguy: 6:37am On Sep 15, 2021
JDforeal:

Everyone says Abuja is faster, I used Abuja and got my passport in less than a week

Transmission fees I paid last week Tuesday was 8,920

Okay thanks bro. I will use same route.
How do u pay the transmission fee? I want to send mine this morning

Thank You
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 6:42am On Sep 15, 2021
Iffylove:
June/July get ready
It will end in praise
In Shaa Allah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BunmiBie: 6:50am On Sep 15, 2021
STRICK00:
Hello guys,

Congratulations. Nah only this Kain success news I dey envy now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 6:56am On Sep 15, 2021
fatukay123:
I thank God, it is PPR yesterday.

Joy overflow in my heart.

Application date: may 13th
Biometric: may 31
Upfromt medicals: July 21
Correspondence letter Sept. 13, 12:00pm
Ppr: Sept. 13, 12:10 pm

All glory unto God.

Thank you guys for keeping faith alive by sharing our testimonies.
God bless u all��

Congratulations.... go and prosper in Canada.
It ended in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 7:02am On Sep 15, 2021
endinpraise907:
HI Everyone,
congratulations to everyone who has gotten PPR.

this journey has taken so much from me and today, My energy just shut down.
my program started 7th of Sept and school won't deffer without evidence of refusal from IRCC which o don't have as i still await a response.

Sorry to hear about the decision your school took, some schools are forced to withdraw their students whilst deferral could have been an option.
Schools without options of online learning mostly carry out such decision, I will advice you seek admission elsewhere, so you can update IRCC with the new LOA before decision comes from them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BunmiBie: 7:06am On Sep 15, 2021
KellyKk:
So my friend got his medical request today after 11 good months of waiting and even though he submitted nse requirements. Please whoever in the shoes should keep on sending mails. He has been sending mail twice a week since February.

Me I be july applicant I pray they start attending to us positively soon

Please, does it mean I must request for medical immediately I apply to the school of my choice to avoid delay.
Now I want to resume school next year September, so I should request for medical by next month, which is October.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BunmiBie: 7:10am On Sep 15, 2021
Jadel03:
It’s PPR

God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through? Numbers 23vs 19

Program: Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting, University of British Columbia (UBC DAP). The program reads Diploma in Accounting but my admission letter actually showed a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting.

Self-Sponsored Student

Approved Permanent Residence Application but awaiting PPR. The delay was obviously due to COVID. How I knew it was approved was because I ordered my GCMS notes in December 2020. This is to further confirm that Dual Intent is allowed.

Application Submitted-April 2nd 2021

Eligibility Started/1st Ghost Update- April 16th 2021

Upfront Medical-8th May 2021

Medical Passed/2nd Ghost update: 18th May 2021

Ordered 1st GCMS note (CBSA): May 18 2021 received 13th July 2021 with Eligibility showing recommend Interview an info sharing complete.

3rd Ghost Update: June 17 2021

Ordered 2nd GCMS Notes (IRCC): 5th July 2021 and received 20th August 2021 with Eligibility showing recommend Interview and Info sharing complete

BVL and PPR: 14th September 2021

Documents Submitted:

All IMM forms

SOP AND LOE

Admission letter

International Passport

MBS ($30,000) and IELTS

Employment letter, Confirmation Letter, Promotion Letter and work Id

Treasury bill Certificates

Stanbic IBTC Pension Statement

Undergraduate Certificate

Professional Certificate in Business Accounting

Undergraduate Transcript

NYSC Certificate

Father’s Property Documents (Two C of O’s).

The wait was long but it eventually ended in praise.

I wish everyone here awaiting decision a positive response. And to those that were denied, do not give up. Please order your notes and re-fire.

Remember fam it is not over until we win.

Please, can I use red copy of property if I don't have C of O yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by prada1: 7:12am On Sep 15, 2021
Kema22:
Hello...I also didn't get any confirmation from vfs do I contacted the office with the live chat software and I was given my tracking ID. When I checked this evening it was showing that my passport is in transit for stamping and I submitted on Monday.
So, relax. I am sure they have received it and since its already a week, they must have sent it for stamping. It may even be on the way back. You can also message vfs office to ask for your tracking ID so you can track it yourself
Thanks Kema. id you get any notification in GC key yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RollyA(f): 7:13am On Sep 15, 2021
Thank you.

My GIC confirmation came in yesterday

Lovesarrow:
Just relax. It will come. Your money no go lost. Happy to help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 7:16am On Sep 15, 2021
Oyesquare10:
My application was just refused based on personal asset and financial status. I am expecting one GCMS notes by 18th of this month. But as it is, I don't think I will apply again, I might have to look for another country.
May 15th applicant

It is sad your application was refused, it is merely a delay, do not get discouraged, order your notes and reapply, the expected notes would have been generated and might no cover events for refusal. Tackle concerns and your next application will be a hit in Jesus Name

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BunmiBie: 7:17am On Sep 15, 2021
BenedictStinson:
Sorry if this is kind of a newbie question but can one start applying for fall 2022 intake in colleges now or their admissions aren't open yet?

We are in the same shoe o
Lots of information here and I am getting confused already. Sighs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 7:18am On Sep 15, 2021
BunmiBie:

Please, does it mean I must request for medical immediately I apply to the school of my choice to avoid delay.
Now I want to resume school next year September, so I should request for medical by next month, which is October.
Get admission first , then submit your application and do your upfront medical to fast process your app
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 7:19am On Sep 15, 2021
Just going through my LOE that I submitted I discovered I only mentioned I am married with a son that is because my daughter was not born when I wrote the letter but I included her in family information form and added her birth certificate. My daughter was born on 23rd of August and I have prepared my letter weeks before her arrival and I submitted my application on 27th of August.
Does this mean anything? Or nothing to worry about. I just discovered now cox I was so busy with hospital runs and visa application. Na now my eye clear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kema22: 7:20am On Sep 15, 2021
Nope
No notification there yet
prada1:
Thanks Kema. id you get any notification in GC key yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jadel03: 7:21am On Sep 15, 2021
Good Morning BunmiBie,

Do you mean photocopies of the C of O? Kindly clarify what you mean by red copy of property.

BunmiBie:

Please, can I use red copy of property if I don't have C of O yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BunmiBie: 7:31am On Sep 15, 2021
SuomyNona:

Congratulations on securing a supervisor.

Don't ask about funding yet, some programs automatically fund all admitted MSc thesis and Ph.D. students.

What is your intended course of study?

Please, when I was applying, they ask if I am relying on then to fund me or I can fund myself.

I feel this is tricky. What would you suggest I select in this case?
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.