Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (861071 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kachiii47: 7:03am On Sep 23, 2021
Kachiii47:
Hello guyysss
God has done it☺️☺️☺️

PPR dropped this afternoon

June 11th applicant

Hello guys

So here is my timeline

First time applicant

Applied June 11th 2021
Biometrics June 16th, 2021
Did an upfront medicals on 15th June, 2021 and submitted through webform.Medicals was updated June 23rd, 2021
After I didn’t get NSE request, I submitted the documents through webform on 13th of July through webform and also sent mails.
Apart from the normal forms you fill during application, I submitted my letter of funding about 20k from my school (LLM program) and
I submitted statement of account of my Sponsor who is my Uncle ( we have the same surname). As at the time I submitted statement of account he had about 60k cad, however when I got my gcm notes in September, I saw 25k as available funds , I was already very worried cause I didn’t know where 25k was coming from, I never stated that amount in my application as available funds (my guess is that my uncle touched the money in his account) but God showed mercy.
Letter of sponsorship.
For home ties I didn’t submit any land documents, I only mentioned my Uncle’s land address. I also submitted data page of my mum and brother (however I was scared cause my brother is not in Nigeria, just my mom), and death certificate of my late dad, submitted my letter of employment only and my personal bank statement which was about 100k closing balance. Lol
In all I was very scared that my application wasn’t perfect as I didn’t really have much for home ties, sometimes I prayed, sometimes I only cried but I’m super elated God showed up.

No ghost update.

Eligibility didn’t start until I got my Bvl and PPR on 22nd September, 2021

However, I contacted my MP in early August and he responded by saying that my Eligibility had started but my account was still showing background check. So it’s not easy having faith for what you can’t see��. I kept on sending mails too.

Thanks Nairaland. Nairaland was like my bestie that period cause I was always refreshing to see PPR ��

30 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shawnmich: 7:03am On Sep 23, 2021
Thanks for your response.
I really appreciate it

Sandra734030:

Hello
Please Ielts is not compulsory for visa submission
Yes please you still need to provide statement of account. Like means of fund for the next year and you can also use your company statement of account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sweetchi2411: 7:04am On Sep 23, 2021
ifeoluwadayofun:
Come and see what the Lord has done for me.....THE LORD HAS DONE IT.....IT HAS INDEED ENDED IN PRAISE...it's a PPR

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 7:07am On Sep 23, 2021
Use the rate on this link:

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

It's IRCC link. It's #312.58 as at today.

If you want to leave Allowance for fluctuation and surplus POF for VO, use xe.com rate. It's #323.53 today

tyscott99:
A quick question house;

What conversion rate do you use to convert CAD - NGN ??
Google real time conversion do not seem accurate compare to Aboki Fx.

I really want to know the right one to use for my CAD - NGN conversions...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fawaz12345: 7:27am On Sep 23, 2021
DestinationCann:
Use the rate on this link:

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

It's IRCC link. It's #312.58 as at today.

If you want to leave Allowance for fluctuation and surplus POF for VO, use xe.com rate. It's #323.53 today

but I tried paying my tuition fees it’s 412 online I don’t know why with a card tho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Prettymi20: 7:42am On Sep 23, 2021
Goodmorning, please how do you know when eligibility starts? Will you receive a mail to that effect?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ritzzybaron: 7:50am On Sep 23, 2021
Request for your test result from Qlife. Perhaps Canada needs you to do more testing based on your results. That is a possibility too.
Safetysmile:
I appreciate u greatly, I did it 10th of June 2021 oooo

I will effect auto emails and webform at least three this week, my Heavenly FATHER will step into d situation in JESUS' Name

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Rach622(f): 7:52am On Sep 23, 2021
When can I schedule appointment for Biometrics please..is it after it is requested or can I do it now.
Rach622:
Good morning all,

Please when can I do biometrics ? where ? what is the process and how much does it cost for an adult and for a minor? please please help. PS; I'll be submitting my application in October

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ritzzybaron: 7:56am On Sep 23, 2021
Since you were interested in resuming this fall, you could have started your classes online. Please engage your school ASAP. Some schools no longer allow entry into a session after first week of resumption.
Octavoral:
Good day everyone. I'm here for some clarifications.

I've submitted my passport to VFS via DHL and I'm awaiting the return. My school resumed sept 7. Hope it won't be too late for me to resume by September ending.

Secondly, aside covid test and airline ticket, what are the other requirements to enable hitch free travelling
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sammychi90: 8:07am On Sep 23, 2021
Good morning house, please can one way flight ticket be used in getting PTA at the bank ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kenthro: 8:08am On Sep 23, 2021
Sammychi90:
Good morning house, please can one way flight ticket be used in getting PTA at the bank ?
yes if you're travelling as a student
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by obilec: 8:09am On Sep 23, 2021
Good morning house
Please someone posted about accessing a loan for study recently, please can anyone point me to that post or give more info? Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 8:15am On Sep 23, 2021
Online rate is parallel market and not official rate.

Go to your bank to pay your school fees please.
It's cheaper in bank. Just tell them you want to pay school fees and you'll be given a form A to fill.

Generate bank details from your school. Most schools use CIBC.

Fawaz12345:
but I tried paying my tuition fees it’s 412 online I don’t know why with a card tho

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 8:15am On Sep 23, 2021
Kenthro:
yes if you're travelling as a student

Only if the student has full scholarship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 8:23am On Sep 23, 2021
obilec:
Good morning house
Please someone posted about accessing a loan for study recently, please can anyone point me to that post or give more info? Thanks alot

You can use the search bar to find the information or check other online sources.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by onomss: 8:28am On Sep 23, 2021
Asslady7:

Congratulations, did you write ielts?

Nope

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 8:32am On Sep 23, 2021
Visit mpowerfinancing dot com

obilec:
Good morning house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Achi911: 8:40am On Sep 23, 2021
Hello guys, I got a refusal last month.
My gcms just arrived, and I don’t know what to do next.

Please I need assistance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ganiruogene(m): 8:45am On Sep 23, 2021
Achi911:

Please I need assistance

whats on your GCMS notes. the info on it will give the gurus here an idea on how to advice you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hdior(f): 8:46am On Sep 23, 2021
Hello house. Uni of Regina is asking for official copy of my degree certificate. Please how is that done.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ganiruogene(m): 8:47am On Sep 23, 2021
labasulla:
Hello Everyone,

My husband's visa was denied attached is the correspondence letter, please what can we do about this please this.

HELP ME

please order for your GCMS notes first
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Topjim786: 8:55am On Sep 23, 2021
Please how do u do ur gcms note. I need to do for myself because I refuse too yesterday.
Achi911:

Please I need assistance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 9:04am On Sep 23, 2021
Topjim786:
Please how do u do ur gcms note. I need to do for myself because I refuse too yesterday.

don't know if I'm permitted to state site here, But you can order yours from thegcmsonline dot com. that's where I requested my first and 2nd gcms from. We have other 3rd party sites for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 9:05am On Sep 23, 2021
Chisolove3:
We are about to book o...how much did KLM charge?

$794.80 when converted with their rate for the day, it came to about N330k. Did you get any better offer?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 9:05am On Sep 23, 2021
Achi911:

Please I need assistance

Do well to share the note here so that the gurus can advise you accordingly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Funmikorya: 9:09am On Sep 23, 2021
Lekiboboe:

See the link below for lists of ;

Masters in Accounting and related Programs at Canadian Universities
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/243#103169920

The Master degree programs in the link above offers PGWP and the schools are all Designated Learning Institutes (DLI), but you can still
confirm them yourself to be very sure (seeing is believing wink )

How to Check if a School is a DLI (Designated Learning Institute) & Offers PGWP (Post Graduate Work Permit)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/11#89109090

By the way, i don't know why you are going for another MSC when you are presently doing one (probably you are even on the verge of finishing it), cos there is little or no Academic Progression in that and it might likely affect your Study Visa Approval chances, but you know better why you wanna go for another Msc (based on your reasons).

That being said, get ready to convince a VISA OFFICER with very STRONG and COGENT REASONS on your SOP why you are going for another Masters instead of a PHD. Get across to the gurus (JustMellow, Frankrobbn1) as regards your STATEMENT OF PUROPSE, cos admission is important, but approval of your study visa is importanta

Good luck!!!!
Good morning and thank you for your response, God bless you.
I just feel I should quit my current MSC and start another in Canada.
Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sandra734030: 9:12am On Sep 23, 2021
Funmikorya:

Good morning and thank you for your response, God bless you.
I just feel I should quit my current MSC and start another in Canada.
Thank you sir

Don’t quit o
I just finished my mba program in Nigeria and I am going for med in Canada. Or is it the same course you are going for ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 9:14am On Sep 23, 2021
Titan1295:

Now I got it better. Thank you. I'm actually for my PPR but I used an agent and this happens to be my first application. Most of the terms here are terms that I'm not that very much familiar with because I used an agent.

What about if you should deposit 10m(maybe you won a bet) in one's dad account as your sponsor and leave it there for 6months before visa application, will that still be questionable since the cash was deposited at once and left there without being used. Also, is it 4months or 6months statement of account. I am a learner in this regard

If the money is before 6 mknths or 4months, you are good. Just allow for proper inflow and outflow withoit affecting the amount you need as proof of fund.

As for the months, IRCC says 4months but ti be on a safer side do 6 but if you wish to submit an MBS My bank Statement, it is 1 year "shangileti" no less no more but that requires some password there about.

Abeg gurus, if i miss anything, edit am. Nagode
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 9:17am On Sep 23, 2021
Rach622:
Good morning all,

Please when can I do biometrics ? where ? what is the process and how much does it cost for an adult and for a minor? please please help. PS; I'll be submitting my application in October

Submit you application first and book for your biometric. You don't need to wait ti get your BIL Boometric Instruction Letter, just book on VFS Global. Before the second day, you will receive your BIL.

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 9:19am On Sep 23, 2021
DestinationCann:
Thanks jare.
I'm actually very occupied in Nigeria ATM, I just need closure on the whole rollercoaster of application.

My 1st visa application to any country. I loved Nigeria till #EndSars happened and the realities of a failed nation dawned on me.

I don't pray to be here till they start preparing for the election they plan to rig and kill for.

The system is faulty already. Nigeria is at the tip of the cliff. 2023 is the iceberg that will hit the cliff and break off the tip. When the tip is off, we will work of the remains of this country. We don't pray we move from fry pan to fire but its looking like it.
Olorun a so wa ju'gba na lo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SweetJJ: 9:19am On Sep 23, 2021
Rach622:

When can I schedule appointment for Biometrics please..is it after it is requested or can I do it now.

Have you submitted your application? When you do, they will send you a Biometric collection letter, instructions on how to book for your biometrics will be on the letter. Then you choose a day that will be convenient for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by philit22(m): 9:21am On Sep 23, 2021
aminat2000:
My Canadian Neighbours please rejoice with me, God has located me too. {Quick song: Oyi biri biri, Oyi Kan mi ooo/×2 Aanuoluwa yi Kan mi ooo}. Thank you Lord!

My Timeline goes thus;
JUNE APPLICANT!!!
Application Submitted: 2nd June, 2021
Biometrics request: 3rd June, 2021
Biometrics Completed: 11th June, 2021 ( Updated thesame day)
Upfront Medicals done: 14th June, 2021
Medicals updated to passed: 16th June, 2021
BVL: 22nd Sept, 2021
PPR: 22nd Sept, 2021

Lists of Documents Submitted;
* 3 IMM Forms
* PASSPORT
- Copy of new and old passports
- Police report of missing old passports
- Expired Travel visas(Israel and Dubai)
- Immigration entry and exit stamps
* LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
- Official letter of acceptance from the school (USASK)
- Email correspondence of research supervisor and I
*PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
• Letter of financial support from research supervisor
• News article of research supervisor awarded grant
• My personal statement of account
• Gift deed from mother
• Sworn affidavit for Gift Deed
• Receipt of Payment for Gift Deed

* DIGITAL PHOTO

* CLIENT INFORMATION
• Statement of Purpose
• First Degree Certificate
• First Degree Transcript
• First Degree Research Project (Abstract Online Copy)
• Certificate of Completion (Biopharma Institute) – An abridged Course
• Foreign Credential Evaluation Report – WES
• IELTS Test Result
• Senior Secondary School Certificate
• National Youth Service Corp Certificate
• Police Character Certificate
• Birth Certificate
• Curriculum Vitae
• Letter of Employment from Current Employer
• Copy of Current Staff Identity Card
• Employment Letter from Previous Employment
• Recommendation letters
• Birth Certificates of Family members
• Pictures of Myself and Family
• Picture of Undergraduate Degree Graduation with my family
• Picture of Myself and Colleagues at work
• LAND DOCUMENTS (Deed of assignment, Land receipt, Land survey document, Submission of records)

APPRECIATION
This was an imperfect application made perfect by God. I thank God....Big shout to my God sent helper Mr Frankrobbin. I can't count the number of times I disturbed you and you were very helpful. Thank you so much. And big thanks to everyone that has contributed on this thread. May God bless you all! I pray God will locate all those that are still expecting a decision on their application. AMEN!!!

I’m going to Saskpoly. When do you intend leaving and what airline

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.