Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (860976 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SweetJJ: 9:22am On Sep 23, 2021
Emmasonic4me:

$794.80 when converted with their rate for the day, it came to about N330k. Did you get any better offer?

Abeg where is your POE? Toronto?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by adiggs: 9:25am On Sep 23, 2021
If you can bring dollar equivalent of 570 I can help you out with my card plus 50 dollar bonus thanks
quote author=Fawaz12345 post=106087158] but I tried paying my tuition fees it’s 412 online I don’t know why with a card tho[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by philit22(m): 9:29am On Sep 23, 2021
Please am thinking of using British air cos it’s cheap but it has a stop over at London. Please do I need a transit visa for London to be able to board for Toronto??

I need to know please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Davidbanky(m): 9:31am On Sep 23, 2021
Emmasonic4me:

$794.80 when converted with their rate for the day, it came to about N330k. Did you get any better offer?

Is it CAD they use it USD rate ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Achi911: 9:35am On Sep 23, 2021
ganiruogene:

whats on your GCMS notes. the info on it will give the gurus here an idea on how to advice you

Vo’s view:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tourphland(m): 9:35am On Sep 23, 2021
Jubileefraizer:

Nothing as beautiful as when InSha Allah turns to Alhamdulilah!!

PPR just came through!!!

First time applicant

Non NSE Route

Congrats boss
Application Submitted: 3rd of June

Biometrics(done and passed): 9th of June

Upfront Medicals: 1st of July

Medical Passed: 19th of July

Eligibility: 22nd of September

BVL: 22nd of September

PPR: 22nd September

Submitted forms

All IMM forms

Statement of Purpose

Tuition Payment

Admission letter (Masters in Environmental and Life Science @ Brandon University)

Passport Biodata page

Affidavit of Support (My brother and wife were my sponsors)

Sponsors’ ID Card

Sponsors’ Financial statement

Sponsors Marriage Cert

Resume

Recommendation Letters

Employment letter

Letter of Introduction

University Transcript

Police character certificate

Certifications in Data science/Machine Learning

P.S: In the end it was God’s grace.... I pray for that for all prospective applicants !!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 9:41am On Sep 23, 2021
Davidbanky:

Is it CAD they use it USD rate ?

USD official rate I guess... I selected payment mode by bank transfer to their Zenith Bank, called the phone number on the booking reservation and they gave me conversion rate for the day as 414.50.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 9:42am On Sep 23, 2021
SweetJJ:

Abeg where is your POE? Toronto?
Montreal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by debabaz: 9:45am On Sep 23, 2021
Kema22:
Thank you very much.
I will do as you said

Have You gotten your passport back Now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Favouriteguy: 9:50am On Sep 23, 2021
Favouriteguy:

Thanks again bro.
The attached is the requirement given to me via mail by IRCC. For the 2 copies of consent form, it is not stated. Do you think I should go ahead to add that?

Also for the stapled papers during biometrics, not stated do you think I will need it?

NB: I actually applied under Family class but I always stay to get info here so please advise accordingly.

Thank you and thanks to everybody contributing massively to this thread.

Hello Everybody

I pray the rain of PPR upon every expectant applicant today In Jesus Name.

For those who got refusal mail, NOTE that you aren't refused but delayed. Your PPR is on the way, keep Faith alive.....

Someone should please tell me how I can track my passport as it was sent to VFS Abuja via DHL Wednesday last week and it arrived next day 16th.

Attached is the return ticket tracked on DHL.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Unbin: 10:16am On Sep 23, 2021
Thanks so much for your feedback, I have already submitted my passport to Abuja and also the school has directed I defer to next session reason because in- class has already progress far( class started sept 7), missing class for a month is not ideal for foreign student.

Thaiy:

This is my thought while other gurus comment.
A visitor visa is different from a student visa, you might not get your student permit using your visitor visa, but you can give it a shot as you said.

I advice you reach your school, get them aware that your ppr just got approved, and you might be a week from resuming. Send your passport to Abuja, you should get it back in a week, you can travel immediately, while you did get your permit easily.

Or travel to Canada using your visitor visa, send your passport to the vac office within Canada, that way you get your passport stamped and your permit. The latter will get you in Canada while you can go for classes.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:16am On Sep 23, 2021
What I posted here is the recommended GCMS site they can get their GCMS notes, and they will need someone that resides in Canada to get it..

What you talking here, about them doing it themselves is a 3rd party site which we do not recommend here..

So be specific when countering someone's post..

Peace
Thaiy:

They can get it by themselves, not necessarily using someone in Canada, and the timeframe is same.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 10:16am On Sep 23, 2021
Kenthro:
yes if you're travelling as a student

Please are you very sure about this...that a student can get PTA with one way ticket?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Davidbanky(m): 10:19am On Sep 23, 2021
Emmasonic4me:

USD official rate I guess... I selected payment mode by bank transfer to their Zenith Bank, called the phone number on the booking reservation and they gave me conversion rate for the day as 414.50.

Yes, but they won’t charge you at that rate .. I doubt your Naira card can do the transaction at that rate. Try first sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 10:22am On Sep 23, 2021
Davidbanky:

Yes, but they won’t charge you at that rate .. I doubt your Naira card can do the transaction at that rate. Try first sha
Direct bank transfer not with Mastercard.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Time2soar1: 10:23am On Sep 23, 2021
Kenthro:
I am not applying from Nigeria so I won't be using NSE route so I didn't include those documents

Ok. Hope your application get speedy approval.
Wish you all the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 23, 2021
Lump sum = Huge sudden credit in your transaction list.
I had 4m naira credit 3 days to my submission which I never even explained where It came from.

Titan1295:

I'm sorry. A problem known is half solved. Since you have known the cause, then you don't have anything to worry about in your next application. I wish you all the best.

Kindly explain what lump sum means to me. I have googled it but I don't seems to get it right though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Rach622(f): 10:42am On Sep 23, 2021
Okay
Thank you
Teemenzo:

Submit you application first and book for your biometric. You don't need to wait ti get your BIL Boometric Instruction Letter, just book on VFS Global. Before the second day, you will receive your BIL.

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Rach622(f): 10:44am On Sep 23, 2021
Thank you very much. I haven't submitted my application
SweetJJ:

Have you submitted your application? When you do, they will send you a Biometric collection letter, instructions on how to book for your biometrics will be on the letter. Then you choose a day that will be convenient for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OCT202020: 11:14am On Sep 23, 2021
TemmmmyT:
God did it ! God is faithful
I got my PPR !

My application was very very not perfect but God granted me favor, I used my grandpa as my sponsor who is actually retired and only submitted sales of a land, we used Arm money market fund as pof. I submitted my personal bank statement but I didn’t have much in it actually!! All I see is Gods goodness.

Fanshawe college
I deferred to January 2022

May 11 - Application submitted
May 24 - Biometric completed
May 24 - NSE request (ielts only )
May 27 - Medicals done
June 4 - Medicals passed
June 7 - ielts submitted
June 9 - eligibility and additional doc review starts
Silence

Sept 12: I sent a webform attaching my enrollment letter and receipt of first semester tuition paid.

Sept 16: BVl
Sept 20: Passport Request

It ended in praise and God would make this same for everyone trusting him.

All glory to God.
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Davidbanky(m): 11:24am On Sep 23, 2021
Emmasonic4me:

Direct bank transfer not with Mastercard.

Oh! That works for flight ? Whao! Nice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 11:28am On Sep 23, 2021
Misturah24:

Thank you for your response..I have checked out the school and for Phd chemistry one needs to contact a supervisor..please does any one has a format or sample of statement of intent for graduate school..Thanks
In your best interest, make sure you reach out to Professors (read about them and their Publications) with your well drafted non-generic cold mails which must be tailored to each Profs research focus if you are looking for Fully-funded Graduate Opportunities in your Research Interests for Chemistry I'm Canadian Universities.

Watch the following Videos below (must watch) from the beginning to the end, it's gonna guide you on how write a STATEMENT of INTENT also known as Motivation Letter, Statement of Purpose for graduate school, Letter of Intent. Personal Statement is different from Statement of Purpose. There are samples illustrated in some of the videos, so get your jotter to jot things down when watching them and very importantly, AVOID PLAGIARISM to the bare minimum and make sure your vocabulary, punctuations etc. are all on point, GRAMMARLY WOULD HELP YOU ON THAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4D9kBFzCXw&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtPdRLmuErU&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cz6xRugzio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwuqivcpq1w

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Victoryokondu: 11:28am On Sep 23, 2021
Hi guys,

Do I need a transit visa through Dublin. I’m scheduled as follows Abuja to Addis Ababa to Dublin to Toronto. Biko I’ve already paid for ticket I need answers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 11:34am On Sep 23, 2021
xe.com
tyscott99:
A quick question house;

What conversion rate do you use to convert CAD - NGN ??
Google real time conversion do not seem accurate compare to Aboki Fx.

I really want to know the right one to use for my CAD - NGN conversions...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 11:37am On Sep 23, 2021
It's easy to wish, hope and pray for a better Nigeria from diaspora.

#NigeriaWillBeGreat again but mo ti jaapa 1st.

Teemenzo:

The system is faulty already. Nigeria is at the tip of the cliff. 2023 is the iceberg that will hit the cliff and break off the tip. When the tip is off, we will work of the remains of this country. We don't pray we move from fry pan to fire but its looking like it.
Olorun a so wa ju'gba na lo.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 11:41am On Sep 23, 2021
it will show in 'Review of eligibility' when you logon to your account.
Prettymi20:
Goodmorning, please how do you know when eligibility starts? Will you receive a mail to that effect?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaduchendu: 11:54am On Sep 23, 2021
If you are using it to calculate proof of funds see links for applicable exchange conversion

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

Otherwise it depends on who you are buying fx from.

tyscott99:
A quick question house;

What conversion rate do you use to convert CAD - NGN ??
Google real time conversion do not seem accurate compare to Aboki Fx.

I really want to know the right one to use for my CAD - NGN conversions...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jadel03: 11:56am On Sep 23, 2021
Please reconfirm before buying one way ticket

I heard it applies to only those on scholarship

Emmasonic4me:

Please are you very sure about this...that a student can get PTA with one way ticket?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 11:57am On Sep 23, 2021
Have faith
Trust God. Link upquote author=Achi911 post=106089081]Hello guys, I got a refusal last month.
My gcms just arrived, and I don’t know what to do next.

Please I need assistance [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2021
DestinationCann:
It's easy to wish, hope and pray for a better Nigeria from diaspora.

#NigeriaWillBeGreat again but mo ti jaapa 1st.

Na so ooo. Imdependence day sef sweet for diaspora. Have you compared pictures taken in nigerua even with Iphone and the one taken overseas.

Immediately, you go know say the person don japa

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OCT202020: 12:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
Emmasonic4me:

God bless you for this kind gesture. Helping newcomers settle down quickly with little or no stress means a lot. I'm Quebec bound though.

Really it's commendable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OCT202020: 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2021
Emmasonic4me:
Congratulations to all the latest PPR recipients!!!

@Lianna2020 created a new moniker to announce her good news and someone mentioned her new account has been banned. I don't know if that claim is valid. However if that's the case, I humbly appeal to the moderator behind this to soft pedal. The lady in question has been very active and contributes positively here thereby enriching the thread. In addition to that, even after getting PPR and landing, she still hanged around to help others. That has not always been the case with so many people that get PPR and disappear (which is understandable because of tight schedule and pressures from work and studies).

Again, the moderator should kindly reconsider his or her position. This is my humble submission.

Seconded

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.