Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (860596 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teeprecious: 9:00am On Sep 29, 2021
Schoolhike:

Wema bank included

How come some banks are saying the student must show evidence of scholarship?
Is it that banks are twisting the policy cos there is no uniformity across all banks nau
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2021
EstherAda92:
I have a big problem your suggestions please.. I got acceptance letter for fall 2021 from CNA very late, June 25th. Maybe due to my late application to the school but immediately I swung into action by sumitting my Visa application 13th July and is still in progress till date.

Hi Esther, why don't you request the school to push you to next intake which might likely be next year, if they agree, you will need a new LOA from them and update IRCC.

The time lines you were given were simply too short to get a decision so it isn't your fault.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kenthro: 9:34am On Sep 29, 2021
Teemenzo:
Abeg August applicants, any show? Has anybodys eligibility started?
I'm September 13 applicant. My eligibility has started
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 9:41am On Sep 29, 2021
Bobomaigida:

Hi Esther, why don't you request the school to push you to next intake which might likely be next year, if they agree, you will need a new LOA from them and update IRCC.

The time lines you were given were simply too short to get a decision so it isn't your fault.

I was told I will have to reapply, that before October ending the site will be open for fall intake again. I don't know if I should request for my refund because my mind is no longer in the school, I have found another school NBCC which has a Power co-op (Power Engineering) I am just concerned about my Visa application that is progress

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 9:44am On Sep 29, 2021
Someone who works in 1st bank told me it's not possible except there's scholarship.

Enjay316:
I thought someone sed 1st bank now give students PTA as long as u r enrolled and have gotten Visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SAF2K: 9:46am On Sep 29, 2021
No so good news for me this morning. cry
Got denied 29th sept. Bvl and correspondence letter drop same time.
Applied july 16th.
1 Year pgd project management centennial college.
I have an Mba. 1 paid full fees of 17cad with gic 10cad
self sponsored. using my 3kids and hubby as home ties.
etc.
Got this msg though different from the generic msgs i have read.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, [b]based on the limited employment prospects in your country of
residence.
[gcsm notes applied since august have not landed .

Biko Nairaland Family/Gurus come to my aid how to restrategise and refire. This Jrny no retreat.
Thank in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 9:57am On Sep 29, 2021
Kenthro:

Did you apply from Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by misterditto: 10:02am On Sep 29, 2021
ADVICE NEEDED

I want to apply for this program (career progression) in canada

My Background :
I have a degree in Agriculture science and I have National examination board in occupational safety and health International General certificate (NEBOSH IGC) and I have over seven years of working experience as health and safety Officer.I am married with kids

Kindly advice on the course to apply for and schools with affordable tuition and how can I bring my family on?

How much can I show as proof of fund?

Sincerely thanks to the gurus on this thread..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 10:04am On Sep 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please my brother has desire for scholarship but he only has Waec and he's 19years old.

Please what are his changes?
He is a science student with a good Waec result.
He was formally pursuing medicine but I'm not sure he can get scholarship directly for medicine, if I'm wrong please correct me guys

He's looking at going for B.Sc in computer science or any related course or relating to medicine

@lekiboboe you're blessed in the area please help out smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mmoo: 10:15am On Sep 29, 2021
Hello House,
Please I got my second gcms note this morning.....the first one on the 22nd of July 2021 showed eligibility as recommended interview and no pre assessment....this second one is showing eligibility blanc.....preassesment ..blanc...

Please what does this mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by wd2454418: 10:16am On Sep 29, 2021
Sorry for the denial. Can you shear documents submitted?
SAF2K:
Applied july 16th.
etc.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, [b]based on the limited employment prospects in your country of
residence.

Biko Nairaland Family/Gurus come to my aid how to restrategise and refire. This Jrny no retreat.
Thank in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Laurendee: 10:17am On Sep 29, 2021
Please who has experience or knows someone who brought an infant with them while studying in Canada?
What was it like generally?

Were you or the person able to school and work part time alongside having to care for the infant?

Also what was average fee for daycare or babysitter for the infant?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by usor00(m): 10:19am On Sep 29, 2021
is it NSCC?
ACGA:

Hi that's good to hear congratulations
If you don't mind me asking I am also coming to Nova Scotia and my DLI said I don't need an approved quarantine plan from the institution and they gave me a template for a person quarantine plan although I am vaccinated I want to know how you went about the whole quarantine plan stuff just to be on a safe side
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godsfave: 10:24am On Sep 29, 2021
Good morning team,

Please is there a specific amount one must have while traveling? Will i be asked for statement of account? If yes, can i present my sponsor’s statement of account? Must i be in possession of cash? If yes, how much? Please help a sister
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 10:26am On Sep 29, 2021
SAF2K:
Applied july 16th.
etc.

residence.

Thank in anticipation.

Honestly this was the sametn they wrote for me I have order gcms notes to be sure of what actually happened maybe you can do the same too so you can repackage it ..I pray it all end in joy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 10:27am On Sep 29, 2021
EstherAda92:

I was told I will have to reapply, that before October ending the site will be open for fall intake again. I don't know if I should request for my refund because my mind is no longer in the school, I have found another school NBCC which has a Power co-op (Power Engineering) I am just concerned about my Visa application that is progress

If you change your school, it means you have to start a new study permit application with a LOA from the new school, I am not sure you can use your existing SP application for the new school since you do not know how quickly they will issue LOA (that you can send to IRCC while this application is being processed) to you and their own conditions of acceptance.
Suggested Options
1. Reapply to fall 2022 and get a new LOA and send to IRCC
2. Withdraw from the school and get your prepaid fees and apply to new sch, get LOA and start a new SP, after you have withdrawn the present SP application.
Please you can also wait for other members contribution.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SAF2K: 10:34am On Sep 29, 2021
wd2454418:
Sorry for the denial. Can you shear documents submitted?
The usual i guess
passport ,pof,mbs ietls result, childrens birth cert and passports, sop,land docs, transcripts/cert for bsc and mba , family picture,work reference letter. thats about it i think
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 10:35am On Sep 29, 2021
Bobomaigida:

If you change your school, it means you have to start a new study permit application with a LOA from the new school, I am not sure you can use your existing SP application for the new school since you do not know how quickly they will issue LOA (that you can send to IRCC while this application is being processed) to you and their own conditions of acceptance.
Suggested Options
1. Reapply to fall 2022 and get a new LOA and send to IRCC
2. Withdraw from the school and get your prepaid fees and apply to new sch, get LOA and start a new SP, after you have withdrawn the present SP application.
Please you can also wait for other members contribution.

Okay thanks for your advice, please gurus in house I need more contribution
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SAF2K: 10:36am On Sep 29, 2021
Katehasty:

Honestly this was the sametn they wrote for me I have order gcms notes to be sure of what actually happened maybe you can do the same too so you can repackage it ..I pray it all end in joy
i intend doing just that. pls which of the gcms vendors do u recommend i use ?
Amen it shall end in praise for us all .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mmoo: 10:45am On Sep 29, 2021
Hello House,
Please I got my second gcms note this morning.....the first one on the 22nd of July 2021 showed eligibility as recommended interview and no pre assessment....this second one is showing eligibility blanc.....preassesment ..blanc...

Please what does this mean? Am really confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:51am On Sep 29, 2021
All of this kinda look shady and may not turn out well. People always get into trouble starting things like this. If you really want to go to Canada for studies and you cannot afford it, I will advise you read up about Mpower and the schools they fund, engage them to know the process involved, Apply to those schools. At least try on your own and back it up with prayers, you may get through with. atleast while paying back, you will know you are paying back a legitimate loan. Or you do the UK study route, there are also legitimate loan companies too. #my2cent

Hallenjay:
The girl, guy and I are living in the same street. D guy and gurl stay the same room since 2017... D girl follows him to everywhere.
But asking her to send me the money won't sound as if I want to abscond with the cash?
Since I can't give my passport for fear of unknown, is there a way we CoulD both process it or any other way this could be achieve without giving my visa out

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by osarodon(m): 10:59am On Sep 29, 2021
Best to defer since you yet to get decision and nobody or agent could determine visa application response time except IRCC.

gregoma:
Good afternoon house, im new here with similar interest. My wife got admission into Cornestoga for a one year PGD program, we got denied last year and we reapplied this June. School has resumed since Sept 9th, still no visa or any updates yet. The agent (Maple academy) is advising that we defer till next year again but im unsettled by this as i think the agent isnt putting our best interest forward. If anyone has experienced this kindly advise on how best i should proceed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jermaie0009: 11:01am On Sep 29, 2021
Sharp sharp

Kenthro:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2021
But someone cannot actually predict these people...
My eligibility started a week after I submitted my application... I am still waiting for approval

I pray we will all be highly favoured

Jermaie0009:
Sharp sharp

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Rbae: 11:16am On Sep 29, 2021
[quote author=ActivatedDreams post=106268641][/quote]

Thanks so much. May God bless you. Thanks This is the guide I needed .Thanks a milli.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:19am On Sep 29, 2021
No issues with that, you will just have to inform the school about the change..

Peace
RoyalDukeDon:
What if someone applies for a new course in the same DLI??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 29, 2021
Yes, Self Sponsored
Enjay316:
Ok bro.Are u self sponsored ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:28am On Sep 29, 2021
INFO SHARING

This simply means they are still on Background check as regards your application and information is shared with Canada’s partner agencies & intelligence partners ...

Info sharing shows they are in contact with other sources/countries as regards your information in the Five Eyes alliance ( Australia, New Zealand, UK & US).. maybe prolly getting information if you have been denied Visa in those countries, international terrorism, war crimes, crimes against humanity & organized crime e.t.c

Eligibility has not started yet...

Peace
ModupeAr:
Please @Makano @Lekiboboe @Anon123

What does this mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 11:32am On Sep 29, 2021
Bunmijab:
Hello everyone,

Please my brother has desire for scholarship but he only has Waec and he's 19years old.

Please what are his changes?
He is a science student with a good Waec result.
He was formally pursuing medicine but I'm not sure he can get scholarship directly for medicine, if I'm wrong please correct me guys

He's looking at going for B.Sc in computer science or any related course or relating to medicine

@lekiboboe you're blessed in the area please help out smiley

Hi honorable,

I am not familiar with Admission or Scholarship for a Prospective Undergraduate student (high school graduate), the gurus might be able to help you on that

Regards

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2021
Please any news from July applicants
Please let's gather here for prayers....
Unmerited favour for all applicants in Jesus name

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 11:50am On Sep 29, 2021
Iffylove:
Please any news from July applicants
Please let's gather here for prayers....
Unmerited favour for all applicants in Jesus name
Still hoping and waiting for the best
July 5th

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gentledoj(m): 11:57am On Sep 29, 2021
Good day my people, can someone tell me how to pay for school fees from Nigeria… pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.