Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (854316 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2021
KellyKk:

You are not even talking about july
Most of we july applicants Are still expecting decision

I'm not asking about PPR, I'm asking if there is any changes in thier application apart from biometrics update and medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 5:49pm On Sep 28, 2021
@TEEMENZO yes oo am AUGUST applicant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2021
@Teemenzo ...Well aside medical that was passed for mr on September 8th and background check that started Sept 2, same day biometrics updated nothing yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 5:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
EstherAda92:

Please what is the full meaning of MP ? And how can someone find the MP in her constituency.. my school is in Corner Brook Newfoundland. Who knows how I can reach out to the MP because I need to email the MP.. please house anybody that knows how I can contact the MP should help me

Member of Parliament.

Good could help. I used to have the link but ask people that have. You are to send mails yo the MP representing your province Newfoundland only o. You will see several you can send mails to ensure you include your full name, date of birth, uci and application numbers, Name of school and course in the body of the mail.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 5:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
Teemenzo:

I'm not asking about PPR, I'm asking if there is any changes in thier application apart from biometrics update and medicals.
No changes yet on my app.
But a friend who also submitted his app july19 his eligibility started on Friday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Braintrain: 5:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
Thaiy:

Here is my timeline as promised.

What God cannot do does not exist......He did it for me.

The interest to travel started a while back in 2018, had an express entry (EE) in 2020.
I decided to focus and survive in Naija and make things work while I stumbled on this platform in part 17.

I started putting my application together reading and following information from this platform.

I applied for a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration in January, 2021 to Memorial University of Newfoundland, got a LOA in March, 2021few days to my birthday, though I asked God for a birthday present which was my admission.

Getting documents was not an issue, but get the proof of fund, I can still tell that my application was nothing perfect, but God is a perfect God, He made it all perfect.

1st time applicant
Normal route
Application Submitted - May 15th 2021
Biometrics - 18th May
Upfront Medicals : 26th June 2021.
Medicals passed: 6th July 2021
Eligibility Started : Never started, even as at yesterday

Bvl at 6:53am
PPR dropped this morning10th September 2021 at 6:56am

Orders gcms notes twice, the first had blank eligibility. The 2nd is expected on the 12th of September.

I cannot leave God out of my application, prayed and fasted. All I can say is that God alone did it.

Thanks to all those who helped, answered questions and proffer solutions

I deferred on Monday, got response on Tuesday, with new LOA as I did not want to study online.

[/b] I will reach out to my school if anything can be done.

To all hopefuls...God is giving attention to your requests in Jesus Name.

What God cannot do does not exist.[b]

Hello so I just started my admission process today for Newfoundland I paid 120cad processing fee I’ll like to know what else I need to do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2021
jollytravels:
@Teemenzo ...Well aside medical that was passed for mr on September 8th and background check that started Sept 2, same day biometrics updated nothing yet.

Same here, i applied on sept 20, biometrics update on 22nd while medical was passed on 24th, background check ongoing. Nothing more. I don login tire.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2021
KellyKk:

No changes yet on my app.
But a friend who also submitted his app july19 his eligibility started on Friday

Mine, eligibility hasn't started yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2021
Your branch
Letter of acceptance
Letter that shows your funding
Booked ticket
Stamped passport

Contact your bank for more details

aminat2000:
Pls can I just walk into any branch/bank for the PTA or is it head office? What documents do I need to show to prove that I am fully funded?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by abidam2013: 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2021
Yes it is Kenya office
The BVL too is signed Kenya office
He already did medicals
He applied May 12th

Anon123:

Huh.. Which office are you sending the webforms to?

It has to be Kenya o

Has your husband done medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onyekachiii: 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2021
Hello house, please my passport came with the date effective from sept though I deferred my admission to Jan. My question is, am I to raise a web form now or wait till I travel to send my new LOA to IRCC and please how do I raise web form because I used an agent and from now I want to be doing all these myself . thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 6:11pm On Sep 28, 2021
A recent CBN update on guidelines for obtaining PTA now allows students with one-way ticket to get PTA.

This update came into effect about a week or 2 weeks ago. A very close friend of mine travelling to UK this week with one-way ticket got hers ($4,000) yesterday from Stanbic IBTC Bank.

If your travel date is within 2 weeks from now, you may want to give it a shot and update us.

Modified: It appears the PTA is issued to students with scholarships for now. We hope this changes soon as more FX becomes readily available.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by omariam: 6:13pm On Sep 28, 2021
Braintrain:

Hello so I just started my admission process today for Newfoundland I paid 120cad processing fee I’ll like to know what else I need to do
Pls did u pay using ur Nigerian bank ATM card.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by koolice009: 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2021
Oviebright:

With one way ticket??

Just confirmed now...it's only available for students on scholarship with one way ticket

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2021
Please when did you apply for your GCMS notes?

MamateesLababy:
My GCMS notes just arrived. Still waiting for PPR. I covered information that I think may be sensitive. Can anybody advise on the notes? Is there any other part of the notes to include?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pufframmy: 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2021
can u please share document submitted

Hugzzz:
PPR issued some few minutes ago. All i could think about was to tell you nairalanders. As a matter of fact, i had to quickly join nairaland just to let you know that its not time to give up. I have been a nairaland addict for a while but just never joined. I feel I owe it to this family to testify and to encourage someone that "what God cannot do does not exist".

I give all glory to God.

Application - May 16th
Correspondence letter - Sep 28
PPR - Sep 28th

Course - 2 years diploma (Post secondary school)
Age - 36
Self sponsored

Anyways, I got admission to go for PGCE @ Oxford University in Uk in July but I declined and kept hoping and clinging on to that good news people posted. A number of people felt I was in sane not to have grabbed it but well, it's not about schooling but about relocating permanently as we all want to. Thank God HE turned it all around for me. Thank you all as I read up on how to have hubby and the kids join. May God grant us all our hearts' desire. Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by koolice009: 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
Anyone applying or already studying Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics at University of Manitoba...I want to confirm if GRE is compulsory, I sent a mail to the department to ask but no response yet

Anyone with info should please assist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
Please when did you apply for the GCMS notes?

ModupeAr:
Please @Makano @Lekiboboe @Anon123

What does this mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TradeSunMoore: 6:26pm On Sep 28, 2021
Because IRCC is not prioritizing visitors visa at this time, you may have to send a mail to ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca. I also filled a 'special webform' on the IRCC site for telling them about the application and requesting for quick process
attaching some documents - the study visa, birth certificate and other document (they are listed on the site) etc asking for the application to be expedited. This is what I did earlier this year and my visitors visa to accompany my daughter (mine was just for 2 weeks trip) was approved within a couple of days after waiting endless for feeback . I do not know if this still apply, but you can more sight from the IRCC website

I have been a silent reader on nairaland for more than 10 years, and I must say that there is a wealth of information here that can never be bought with money. Kudos to all those sharing live up to date information. You are life savers.

The study visa application was made for my Child who is to resume high school, accompanied by a parent on visitor visa. We used an agent, but in hindsight you can do it on your own through information gleaned from this forum.

We got the PPR request yesterday after months of waiting and getting into real panic mode when school resumed early September. Through this forum, I discovered that sending several webforms and e-mails works. Also, try and do upfront medicals as it helps to facilitate the process.

Timeline (Study Visa)
Application Received - April 28th 2021
Biometrics request- April 29th 2021
Biometrics done/passed – May 21st 2021
Upfront Medical – 15th September 2021 (Had to do it by faith after reading the testimonies)
Medical request – 17th September 2021 (raised webform immediately to upload e-medical slip. Several emails sent).
Upfront medical passed – 27th September 2021
Correspondence letter (BVL): - September 27th, 2021
PPR: - September 27th, 2021

Timeline (Visit Visa)
Application Received - April 28th 2021
Biometrics request- April 29th 2021
Biometrics done/passed – May 21st 2021
Correspondence letter (BVL): - September 17th, 2021
PPR: -In progress

We are still waiting for the visit visa. We are seriously praying for this to come out soonest and we receive it by faith.

If anyone has any ideas on what sort of webform to raise to IRCC on this, please share.

Thanks again to everyone sharing information on this forum. You are the real MVPs!!!!

Thanks be to God who has made all things beautiful in his time.

[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 6:27pm On Sep 28, 2021
Without scholarship?

Emmasonic4me:
A recent CBN update on guidelines for obtaining PTA now allows students with one-way ticket to get PTA.

This update came into effect about a week or 2 weeks ago. A very close friend of mine travelling to UK this week with one-way ticket got hers ($4,000) yesterday from Stanbic IBTC Bank.

If your travel date is within 2 weeks from now, you may want to give it a shot and update us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 6:29pm On Sep 28, 2021
DestinationCann:
Without scholarship?

She's self-funding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hallenjay: 6:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
ADVICE NEEDED.

HELLO good people in the house.

One of my colleague that we share secret a lot gave me an offer and I need your opinion.
He says her mother can sponsor me to Canada based on agreement that I will pay her some percentage of everything she spend when I get there. Like if she spent 200 nairn am going to pay her 150% of it. ( example)
So before we reach this stage ,he once told me his mum want him to leave the country but his girlfriend is the one holding him down bla bla bla and he still hope to leave the girl but he needs how to convince her because they are always together which am aware of.
It seems he wants the girl to conceive so everything will be settled and a kind of am married status will hang around his neck for the girl to trust her. She is afraid he might get anoda girl wen he leave d country for greener pasture

My question and curiosity is that:
Is it possible she did this ( I mean the mother fully sponsored a colleague / friend of his son abroad legitimately with no string attached or some underneath plans )

Should I consider it or what are the questions I need to ask and what conditions should I accept this offer.NB: I work and earn well but I don't like my work and most importantly Nigeria is getting worse by the day.

Is there a format like this that's going on for some deals that I don't know about.
I'm happy and elated because she say Canada and having know that Canada are not into what's happening in Italy and Co. I want to believe that slavery, po*n and Co may not be in pictures since we r not talking of Malaysia and Co.

Another reason why I come here again is that, the son was giving me option to choose from, like do I want Germany, France or Canada. I choose Canada to see if he will say he doesn't think her mum can pull it through but he didn't instead he even say 2yrs student visa may be the option available.
He talks as if this is what they do often and say he has a lot of people outside the country ( he didn't say if they are all der through her mum)

Last but not the least is meeting her mum for some court document's and agreement.

THE ABOVE POST WAS WHAT ME AND A FRIEND DISCUSSED AND SINCE I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT TRAVELING, I TOLD HIM NAIARALAND WILL HELP.

KINDLY HELP LADIES AND GENTs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MamateesLababy: 6:45pm On Sep 28, 2021
DestinationCann:

August 5th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aminat2000(f): 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2021
Yes, I have started lectures online. No, you don't need a transit visa.
philit22:

Maybe by November. Have you started lectures online or you deferred to January? Also do you need a transit visa for British airways cos I’m just seeing different things.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MamateesLababy: 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2021
DestinationCann:

August 5th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Pandasofire(m): 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2021
Will be attending University of Calgary foqr Fall 2022.
Course based, so I won't be getting funding from School.
I finished NSYC in March 2020,currently 27 years old,
been helping out one of my cousin in his business.
Now I don't have any landed properties, cars.
I'm actually an only son, dad is dead so basically I only have my mum.
My sponsor is going to be my cousin from my mum's side (her sister's son), and I can possibly use 2 sponsors too, both are siblings.
Would like to know if I stand a chance and what documents to seek for or possibly how to go about the applications.

Please don't ignore if U can help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aminat2000(f): 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2021
Alright, thanks
DestinationCann:
Your branch
Letter of acceptance
Letter that shows your funding
Booked ticket
Stamped passport

Contact your bank for more details

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2021
Hallenjay:
ADVICE NEEDED.

One of my colleague that we share secret a lot gave me an offer and I need your opinion.
He says her mother can sponsor me to Canada based on agreement that I will pay her some percentage of everything she spend when I get there. Like if she spent 200 nairn am going to pay her 150% of it. ( example)
So before we reach this stage ,he once told me his mum want him to leave the country but his girlfriend is the one holding him down bla bla bla and he still hope to leave the girl but he needs how to convince her because they are always together which am aware of.
It seems he wants the girl to conceive so everything will be settled and a kind of am married status will hang around his neck for the girl to trust her. She is afraid he might get anoda girl wen he leave d country for greener pasture

Is it possible she did this ( I mean the mother fully sponsored a colleague / friend of his son abroad legitimately with no string attached or some underneath plans )

Should I consider it or what are the questions I need to ask and what conditions should I accept this offer.NB: I work and earn well but I don't like my work and most importantly Nigeria is getting worse by the day.

Is there a format like this that's going on for some deals that I don't know about.
I'm happy and elated because she say Canada and having know that Canada are not into what's happening in Italy and Co. I want to believe that slavery, po*n and Co may not be in pictures since we r not talking of Malaysia and Co.

Another reason why I come here again is that, the son was giving me option to choose from, like do I want Germany, France or Canada. I choose Canada to see if he will say he doesn't think her mum can pull it through but he didn't instead he even say 2yrs student visa may be the option available.
He talks as if this is what they do often and say he has a lot of people outside the country ( he didn't say if they are all der through her mum)

Last but not the least is meeting her mum for some court document's and agreement.

THE ABOVE POST WAS WHAT ME AND A FRIEND DISCUSSED AND SINCE I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT TRAVELING, I TOLD HIM NAIARALAND WILL HELP.

OMO.. Please do not continue with this arrangement. It will not end well for you and coukd put you in serious financial debt. Furthermore this will not fly.

I mean a third party not related to you in anyway sponsoring you. You will be denied based on finance.
If you get to canada, it is impossible for you to cope with paying your fees, paying for accommodation/rent, feeding your self with paying the agreed percentage. impossible.

Canada doesn't have issues like that of Italy and co. If you are issued a study visa, uou must stick to the agreement otherwise you will be deported and banned for 10yrs or for life.

You need to be careful if this "son" guy cos I feel he is trying to take advantage of you. Do not agree to his deal. I will advise since the mother is keen. They can transfer the amount to your account and you come here to gain the relevant requirements and knowledge you need to process your application yourself. Ask question when needed.

Finally, I will like to know the end of the bolded story.

Also before you start this parole, make sure you have plans for accommodation at least

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OluwasureGig: 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2021
Braintrain:

Hi how did you make the payment tried paying the application fee with my access bank debit card to a Keyano college but it’s not going through

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 6:57pm On Sep 28, 2021
Pandasofire:
Will be attending University of Calgary foqr Fall 2022.
Course based, so I won't be getting funding from School.
I finished NSYC in March 2020,currently 27 years old,
been helping out one of my cousin in his business.
Now I don't have any landed properties, cars.
I'm actually an only son, dad is dead so basically I only have my mum.
My sponsor is going to be my cousin from my mum's side (her sister's son), and I can possibly use 2 sponsors too, both are siblings.
Would like to know if I stand a chance and what documents to seek for or possibly how to go about the applications.

Please don't ignore if U can help.

Please try to fund you own account. If they are willing to sponsor you, let them transfer at least the living expense into your account and show commitment by paying your tuition or sending the tuition to your own account.

Either of these, ensure you include a gift deed, consent from your own mother confirming such payment(s), aware her nephew is sponsoring her son. Also include an affidavit of sponsorship from your cousin confirmjng these payments to show his genuineness towards sponsoring you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Pandasofire(m): 7:05pm On Sep 28, 2021
Ok thanks so much
Saved
Anon123:

Please try to fund you own account. If they are willing to sponsor you, let them transfer at least the living expense into your account and show commitment by paying your tuition or sending the tuition to your own account.

Either of these, ensure you include a gift deed, consent from your own mother confirming such payment(s), aware her nephew is sponsoring her son. Also include an affidavit of sponsorship from your cousin confirmjng these payments to show his genuineness towards sponsoring you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 7:06pm On Sep 28, 2021
Hallenjay:
ADVICE NEEDED.

150% return is ridiculous, talk them to 75%, but explain to them that you want to process the Application yourself and you want to be yourself Sponsor, so she should send the money she intend to sponsor you with to your account.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.