Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,402 members, 7,836,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (875667 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sandra734030:

I am reapplying ASAP!! But my representative said she can’t give me my login details because she used a representative portal to apply. What do I need to do ?
what does this even mean?.

am so sorry for ur refusal dear,but I think at this point u need ur gckey.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ACGA: 10:29pm On Sep 28, 2021
ACGA:
Good evening everyone,
Please I want to ask if quarantine plan approved by dli is Jo longer required because I tried to get mine signed by my school but I received an email saying I don't need it anymore that I should just make a personal quarantine plan. I don't know if it has something to do with the fact that I am fully vaccinated.
Please I need an answer urgently I am trying to figure out the next steps to take
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
Bushboy009:
Hello everyone , I’ll be forever grateful to this Platform, I’m currently on quarantine day 8 in Nova Scotia , i pray everyone waiting for good news gets it this week
so good hearing from u brother.Enjoy itself.God don bless u already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ACGA: 10:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
Bushboy009:
Hello everyone , I’ll be forever grateful to this Platform, I’m currently on quarantine day 8 in Nova Scotia , i pray everyone waiting for good news gets it this week
Hi that's good to hear congratulations
If you don't mind me asking I am also coming to Nova Scotia and my DLI said I don't need an approved quarantine plan from the institution and they gave me a template for a person quarantine plan although I am vaccinated I want to know how you went about the whole quarantine plan stuff just to be on a safe side

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by misterditto: 10:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
ADVICE NEEDED

I want to apply for this program (career progression) in canada

My Background :
I have a degree in Agriculture science and I have National examination board in occupational safety and health International General certificate (NEBOSH IGC) and I have over seven years of working experience as health and safety Officer.I am married with kids

Kindly advice on the course to apply for and schools with affordable tuition and how can I bring my family on?

How much can I show as proof of fund?

Sincerely thanks to the gurus on this thread..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Schoolhike: 10:40pm On Sep 28, 2021
Emmasonic4me:
A recent CBN update on guidelines for obtaining PTA now allows students with one-way ticket to get PTA.

This update came into effect about a week or 2 weeks ago. A very close friend of mine travelling to UK this week with one-way ticket got hers ($4,000) yesterday from Stanbic IBTC Bank.

If your travel date is within 2 weeks from now, you may want to give it a shot and update us.

Wema bank included
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 10:56pm On Sep 28, 2021
lobinche101:
Sorry for the late reply. MP is member of Parliament.
Their email add mostly end with@parl.gc.ca just search for the MP in your province you will see a list of all of them. Pick their emails and start bombarding them with emails grin

Thank you I appreciate..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:24pm On Sep 28, 2021
Any mail received now feels like its from IRCC.

I give kudos to those waiting for months ooo. O ga gan

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by haaryobhami: 11:27pm On Sep 28, 2021
Good pm here ,I intend to submit my documents o IRRC soon,before doin that,I want to pay part of my tuition before submitting,would it increase my chance of getting student visa?
Hope to get a reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
haaryobhami:
Good pm here ,I intend to submit my documents o IRRC soon,before doin that,I want to pay part of my tuition before submitting,would it increase my chance of getting student visa?
Hope to get a reply

This question is dicey. It may and may not but its still good you pay. It shows you meant the right business. It means you actually want to go and school. The VO might use it as part of your eligibility that you are serious about what you want to go and do in Canada. So go ahead and pay.

Though some got their PPR without paying a dime since their school did not make it compulsory.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 11:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
I have a big problem your suggestions please.. I got acceptance letter for fall 2021 from CNA very late, June 25th. Maybe due to my late application to the school but immediately I swung into action by sumitting my Visa application 13th July and is still in progress till date.
This is my problem the school gave me till 21st September to be in school else I will reapply or my tuition will be re-funded back to me as they do not do deferral. Now is as assumed my admission is cancelled since there is no deferral, is there still hope my Visa will be approved ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 28, 2021
Hugzzz:
PPR issued some few minutes ago. All i could think about was to tell you nairalanders. As a matter of fact, i had to quickly join nairaland just to let you know that its not time to give up. I have been a nairaland addict for a while but just never joined. I feel I owe it to this family to testify and to encourage someone that "what God cannot do does not exist".

I give all glory to God.

Application - May 16th
Correspondence letter - Sep 28
PPR - Sep 28th

Course - 2 years diploma (Post secondary school)
Age - 36
Self sponsored

Anyways, I got admission to go for PGCE @ Oxford University in Uk in July but I declined and kept hoping and clinging on to that good news people posted. A number of people felt I was in sane not to have grabbed it but well, it's not about schooling but about relocating permanently as we all want to. Thank God HE turned it all around for me. Thank you all as I read up on how to have hubby and the kids join. May God grant us all our hearts' desire. Amen.
this is grace indeed.congrats bro.this is a silent reader giving back.God bless u and prosper u bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 28, 2021
tyscott99:
Yes, I have.
I had some lump sum at the end of my application. Just that.

I paid part of tuition before, Now I’ve paid full and I’m waiting to submit in December for the lump sum transaction I had in July to go away first before submitting… Aug - Nov SOA

Ok bro.Are u self sponsored ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 28, 2021
DestinationCann:
Yes if you have a scholarship.
No, if you don't have a scholarship.

Don't book return ticket with plans to cancel, CBN will know and your bank will publish your name.

I thought someone sed 1st bank now give students PTA as long as u r enrolled and have gotten Visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 28, 2021
Ketima:
Abeg gurus, how long does PPR take to land after BVL. LOl. I don't check mail and I don d tire.
open ur GCkey and check.someone last week got ppr without knowing till after like 3 days.He never got a mail 4 PPR after getting the BVL Email. It rarely happen though but u can check
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 29, 2021
Teemenzo:
Abeg August applicants, any show? Has anybodys eligibility started?
hahahahaha. my real GEE calm down.lets all find something to keep busy with.this ppr wait is the hardest thing av done in my life.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 12:05am On Sep 29, 2021
Enjay316:
hahahahaha. my real GEE calm down.lets all find something to keep busy with.this ppr wait is the hardest thing av done in my life.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the wait get why
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 12:46am On Sep 29, 2021
Hello all!

1) For father sponsorship letter template here, should the font need to be left like that, what should be the font?
2) As a father-sponsoring, must one(he) name the number of children he has or his earning in a year, can't i skip or remove that?

3) In the declaration, if indicates we stay together(me and dad) through address, won't that raise the eyebrow of the VO?

4)What's the meaning of i undertake to repatriate him at my cost...
Also, I further understand I may be commiting an offense and liable to persecution... What does it really implies, can i remove them?

5)Do I need to bold those indicated as bold in the letter?

6) Lastly, please,the title for father, is it at place of work confirming his recent position?

Abeg help me answer this ASAP!
Thanks.
Hello, please help me answer this oooO.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JDforeal: 12:54am On Sep 29, 2021
Hello everyone, anyone travelled with Egyptair this period?

I would appreciate a response
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Rbae: 2:23am On Sep 29, 2021
DestinationCann:
Sorry for what agents have done to you. However, I think you should not copy and paste someone else's SOP, instead, contact reliable people on this thread to help you get whatever you have written.

Some people also offer to write SOPs for a fee on this thread. Search

Honestly, i asked for FORMAT. I can't ask anyone for their SOP nah. Iwant to write it and all I'm asking for is guidance. I use to get info from Drs on Twitter but I can't reach out to them since July cos of the Twitter ban. I have a proofreader already all I need is the format.

It's for my brother and I don't want to pay anyone to write for him again. The last person scammed us. I'll write it and send to a professional who will correct it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Rbae: 2:24am On Sep 29, 2021
Rbae:
[/quote]

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by deeteeneey(f): 3:00am On Sep 29, 2021
PLEASE HELP

I got a request for additional document but no placeholder to upload it. I have responded via CSE and email to Nairobi. I haven't gotten any response from them, is there anything I can still do. Application was submitted May 27th, ADR date September 3rd.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ActivatedDreams: 5:51am On Sep 29, 2021
Rbae:

Note: This isn’t my writeup, I saved it while I was reading through the thread, I hope this help you. All credit goes to the writer.

Guidelines on How to write an SOP (Statement of Purpose)

Most important thing: Avoid Plagiarism

While writing SOP, the following things to be mentioned which will boost chances of convincing a VISA OFFICER and possibly getting a STUDY VISA APPROVAL are as follows:

First of all, write ur name, address and your e-mail address at the TOP far right corner of your SOP.

Your SOP will be addressed to the Deputy High Commission of Canada in NIGERIA

Full Name
Your Address
email address

To,
The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,
4, Anifowose Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria

Statement of Purpose for Canada Study Visa

Dear Sir/Ma.,

1. Introduce yourself in first paragraph.
Write ur name (as written on your international Passport Data page) the qualification and Name of the program you are going for, the Program intake (Fall, Spring or Winter) and Program Duration.

Write, what kind of person you are, your interests and personality etc. This may also include one line background of work & study you did earlier. This should be related to the course your are going to pursue.

2. Explain what do you know about the area of study you are applying for.
Like HR, Marketing, Finance, IT, Multimedia, Engineering etc. Market trends, application of knowledge in work, organisations/roles where you can work after studying in this XYZ field and if possible, 1-2 real life example where you experienced this personally (in your current job or someone in family who works in this field etc.)This shows you are well read and know what you are getting yourself into.

3. Why this particular college/Univ. Explain ranking of the same or relevance of course being offered or if someone known is studying there etc. Mention positive points which you can gather from ex-student's testimonials and college website itself. Again, write in your own language and by your own understanding.

4. Why this Program in that School:
Mention why you chose this program. Explain how courses (subjects) of this course will help you in your career, how some of these subjects you have learnt earlier (basic knowledge) and need better and upgraded knowledge about these (especially if applying for PG/masters), explain application of subjects in real job scenario etc.

5. Why Canada.
Mention all points Canada is famous for like low crime rate, diversity (which helps in learning), livability and quality of life related statistics etc. Facts & figures help you here. Google a little

6.Travel history
If u av not travelled bfor, state the reason why u av decided to travel at this point of ur life, and how important the program is to ur career & personal development back home. Also you might decide not to talk about this if you don't have a Travel History.

7. Employment/Work Experience
Talk about your work experience here. Even if your NYSC PPA is the only place u have Work Experience in, talk about it.

8. Family Ties-Home ties
U can talk about how children are apparent to family inheritance, and how u are obliged to take care of ur family (parent and siblings). U can attach their birth certificates

Secondly, talk bout Landed Properties (Documents, deed of assignment, Deed of conveyance,survey plans and other important doc.) to of prove ur Hometies, also if you have a Job in Nigeria in which u gonna get back to after your study in Canada (Most Especially if the Job relates to the Program u are going for in Canada)

9. Proof of Means of Financial Support/Proof of Funds
Mention that you have paid ur tuition fee or made a deposit of ur tuition fee and so so amount has bin set aside by your sponsor for ur Tuition (if not yet paid), so so amount for ur One year Living Expenses (might be more than one year) and so so amount for ur flight itinerary.

10. Summarize with reason of coming back to home country (Future Goals/Career Prospect): Now summarize all details by mentioning your career goals and what will you do post completing this course. Mention how this course will help you in making your career in your home country. Be passionate about job market of your home country and coming back to your country. Because "You'll not leave Canada after your studies" is one of the biggest reason for Student Visa refusal.

11. Conclusion
U can end it like this or in ur own preferred sentence

Dear Sir/Madam, I hope that you will find all my documents in proper order and I kindly request you to process my visa application as soon as possible. I am very much thankful to you for giving me your valuable time to process my student visa application.

Your Sincerely,
Write ur name (As Written on your International Passport Data Page)

Note: Show proof (documents, picture ) on anything u talk about in ur SOP

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi17(m): 7:31am On Sep 29, 2021
Good morning , please will I need to book for a return ticket, when using Ethiopian airlines, KLM or Lufthansa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hallenjay: 7:34am On Sep 29, 2021
Anon123:

OMO.. Please do not continue with this arrangement. It will not end well for you and coukd put you in serious financial debt. Furthermore this will not fly.

I mean a third party not related to you in anyway sponsoring you. You will be denied based on finance.
If you get to canada, it is impossible for you to cope with paying your fees, paying for accommodation/rent, feeding your self with paying the agreed percentage. impossible.

Canada doesn't have issues like that of Italy and co. If you are issued a study visa, uou must stick to the agreement otherwise you will be deported and banned for 10yrs or for life.

You need to be careful if this "son" guy cos I feel he is trying to take advantage of you. Do not agree to his deal. I will advise since the mother is keen. They can transfer the amount to your account and you come here to gain the relevant requirements and knowledge you need to process your application yourself. Ask question when needed.

Finally, I will like to know the end of the bolded story.

Also before you start this parole, make sure you have plans for accommodation at least
The girl, guy and I are living in the same street. D guy and gurl stay the same room since 2017... D girl follows him to everywhere.
But asking her to send me the money won't sound as if I want to abscond with the cash?
Since I can't give my passport for fear of unknown, is there a way we CoulD both process it or any other way this could be achieve without giving my visa out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pufframmy: 7:35am On Sep 29, 2021
PLs kindly response to my PM

Hugzzz:
PPR issued some few minutes ago. All i could think about was to tell you nairalanders. As a matter of fact, i had to quickly join nairaland just to let you know that its not time to give up. I have been a nairaland addict for a while but just never joined. I feel I owe it to this family to testify and to encourage someone that "what God cannot do does not exist".

I give all glory to God.

Application - May 16th
Correspondence letter - Sep 28
PPR - Sep 28th

Course - 2 years diploma (Post secondary school)
Age - 36
Self sponsored

Anyways, I got admission to go for PGCE @ Oxford University in Uk in July but I declined and kept hoping and clinging on to that good news people posted. A number of people felt I was in sane not to have grabbed it but well, it's not about schooling but about relocating permanently as we all want to. Thank God HE turned it all around for me. Thank you all as I read up on how to have hubby and the kids join. May God grant us all our hearts' desire. Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 8:14am On Sep 29, 2021
Good morning all while waiting for my gcms notes can someone be kind enough to show me the page where to find how to package my application again so I can start working on something

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by darey360(m): 8:31am On Sep 29, 2021
It is PPR ALERT GUYS ( my love letter finally came yesterday 28 September 2021 ( around 11:58) when I was getting tired of the whole wait and I was thinking my application was being abandoned

This journey started in 2019 when I got my admission to Fanshawe college, I have always been someone that procrastinate so I always didn’t apply on time, I also felt my application wasn’t strong enough, and whenever I discovered time was no more on my side …gbam!! I defer my admission again. I did that twice.

The last one I did was to September 2021, and again I started sleeping on it, but my trigger was when I came on nairaland and I saw a screenshot that said if you want to get a reply on August 9th you need to apply on or before May 15th, that was my trigger. I gave myself a 10 days ultimatum , na so I run go dust my sop which I have been writing for two years and all other documents ( I did my police report twice , the first one I did expired , did not even applied with it ) put them together, I started disturbing my best friend which is very good in writing , gathered all my siblings that wey sabi write , put heads together to finetune my sop and other documents .
When everything was ready , whenever I went through my sop , me self know say we try.

DOCUMENTS SUBMITED :

This might of help to somebody
I had like two table of contents ( one for the personal info section and the other for the financial section) also when I talked about any point in my Sop I reference it to the page number in the whole merged document , it might seems to be a lot of work but I was ready to put in a strong application this one time and it’s worth it.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE............................................................................................. 1
EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENTS
WAEC CERTIFICATE....................................................................................................... 7
SECONDARY SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT............................................................ 8
BACHELOR’S DEGREE CERTIFICATE............................................................ 9
UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT....................................................................... 10
CERTIFICATIONS
NYSC CERTIFICATE............................................................. 13
NIGERIAN RED CROSS SOCIETY....................................................... 14
SULTAN BELLO SEC. SCHOOL.................................................................... 15
PPFN CERTIFICATE........................................................................................ 16
INSTITUTE OF AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH AND TRAINING ..................... 17
CERTIFICATE OF REG. OF BUSINESS NAME............................................. 18
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS
APPOINTMENT LETTER..................................................................................... 19
INTRODUCTION LETTER............................................................................. 21
LEAVE LETTER.............................................................................................. 22
OTHERS
RESUME.........................................................................................................23
POLICE CHARACTER REPORT........................................................... 25
SIBLING’S DOCUMENTS.......................................................................... 26
MY SIX (6) MONTHS BANK STATEMENT....................................................... 34

TABLE OF CONTENTS 2

FINANCIAL SUPPORT
SPONSOR’S SWORN AFFIDAVIT.........................................................................1
SPONSORSHIP LETTER ....................................................................................2
TUITION DEPOSIT RECEIPT.............................................................................3
SPONSOR’S SIX (6) MONTHS BANK STATEMENT................................................4
SPONSOR’S NATIONAL ID CARD.....................................................................................53
SPONSOR’S CAC...........................................................................................................54
SPONSOR’S DECLARATION OF NAME............................................................55
SPONSOR’S LAND DOCUMENTS........................................................................56
SPONSOR’S RENTAL RECEIPTS..........................................................................65

Application Submitted: 15th May, 2021
Biometrics completed : 26th May, 2021
Did upfront medicals
Sept 28th Correspondence Letter
Sept 28th PPR

Did not apply for a gmc note and did not raise any web forms. I just had that believe

Already deferred to my admission but a new LOA wasn’t given , I updated my agent yesterday ( to apply to Fanshawe you have to use an agent) and I was told my course may not be available for January, but till next September.
He suggested he will update the school if I can still enroll for this section and I start online .
Hopping to get a positive reply from them soon

I got all my information from nairaland , if I can do it you can and we all can
Congratulations to all that got their PPR and for those that were delayed , it's not the end try again , keep pushing it will end in praise.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by omodunniolaiya: 8:38am On Sep 29, 2021
Good day everyone, I have been a silent reader for a while and applied to Canada with my LOA in May and have only gotten eligibility review since. It has really been a trying time. If anyone can help or recommend ways I can quicken the process, it would be much appreciated.

Timeline
May 14 - Applied
September 10 - Eligibility Review

Background check is being processed.
I have uploaded the additional documents they asked for.

I have also noticed that a lot of Nigerians have been waiting for a very long time, especially those who applied in May, does anyone know why this is the case?
If there is a whatsapp group as well, I would like to be added to it please.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by scaezar: 8:44am On Sep 29, 2021
Hello everyone, my sister in-law submitted an application in May, May ending and she put her 8year old as a dependent. She got her medical request yesterday, thank God, but she got only for herself. Question is, isnt there going to be a medical request for the 8year old?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teeprecious: 8:55am On Sep 29, 2021
Godsfave:

I went to GT Bank yesterday ooo! Nothing come out, they said you must have a two way ticket that proves you’re coming back.

Lol.
A student can only access PTA with a one-way ticket if he or she is on scholarship . The person must show evidence of scholarship too. That's the new CBN policy on PTA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godsfave: 8:56am On Sep 29, 2021
Ikechi17:
Good morning , please will I need to book for a return ticket, when using Ethiopian airlines, KLM or Lufthansa

No you don’t.

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (834)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.