Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (860975 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hannahopaleye12: 2:20pm On Oct 01, 2021
Hello,

Please anyone with a medical appointment date earlier than 26th of October. I got 26th from iom but it is too far for me. Anyone in the house willing to swap dates please.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2021
amblessed2021:
Congratulations! July Applicants lets gather here for prayers, Our month of congratulations.

Congratulations to you bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2021
Gracefunmy:
All thanks to God almighty, my PPR dropped today, seems as If I am getting my own independence from Nigeria today .

Application submitted -July 1st.

Biometrics- July 6th.

NSE submission without any request from IRCC- July 20th (IELTS band 7 and MBS).

Upfront medicals - July 27th (updated as passed).

No updates from IRCC and I got angry as If them beg me to come.

Sent them a passionate appeal on Monday via email and webforms notifying them of the commencemet of studies via ADM (virtual) , attached my enrollment letter and School statement of account.. I got a response back that they are only priotizing mails marked as urgent with processing time been exceeded.
Sent same mail on Tuesday, marked it as urgent and decided to wait for their 24 to 48 hours response timeline as communicated in their initial response .
To the glory of God, BVL dropped yesterday evening and my passport request mail came in this morning..

Congratulations to you, may Canada favour you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teeronzee: 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2021
Please do not pass me by, Gurus kindly attend to me;
Good day everyone. Please I need help. I graduated with a Second Class Upper (2.1) in Industrial and Labour Relations (Personnel management), 2012. My work experience has been in Marketing and Sales. Currently a sales rep in Telecoms.
Please can anyone recommend to me the best Masters courses to go for considering my first degree and work experience. I'm looking at MBA but I want to hear from the gurus first, to avoid spending more money on application fees here and there.
Please Masters degree with reasonable tuition fee that suits my profile.
cc; @lekiboboe, @makano and other gurus �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2021
Hello Tyscott

Why was the money not sent directly to the account you will be using for your Visa application, or why wa the money not used to pay part of your fee straightaway?

You have your reasons though, but your account transactions will determine if the sum of 1M or 2M is a lump sum though, such amount may not necessarily be a lump sum in some other accounts... But all the same, proper explanation will be needed by the Visa officer on such amount if its a sudden "huge" amount..

In that case, a Deed of gift will be necessary..

Or alternatively, your sponsor can state in his/her Letter of sponsorship that a certain amount was sent to your account on so date, you will need to state this in your LOE too, draw the attention of the Visa Officer on the transaction of that date on both Your Sponsor's account(debit) and also your account(Credit).. Your Sponsor will just state in his/her Letter Of Sponsorship that the amount sent is part of his commitment for sponsoring you...

Peace
tyscott99:
I’ve asked this twice but no response.
Please support me Guru in the house …

@makano @frankrobben @lekiboboe

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by anike2011: 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2021
Hello, pls was your medicals upfront? If yes, did you upload your e-medical sheet?
Henriie:
Timeline
Application: May 31st
Biometrics: n/A ( Biometrics Done like years back during my Work permit application. I was Refused twice)
Medicals: 15th September
Medical passed: 24th September
Correspondence letter : 1st October
PPR: 1st October
First time study visa applicant.

TIM masters Program at Carelton University, No tuition fees deposit at all.

Previously studied in the UK, also 5yrs ban from the UK.

I tried to use the services of a Canadian Immigration agent and She told me point blank that she won't take my case because its a waste of money and I won't get it. Hmmm Clearly she isn't God. Indeed there is a God and indeed he answers prayers.

The Way God did it for me, he will do it for you all waiting on your approval. All the best.
����
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2021
Finally, Thank you Makano.

She's just use to sending me money within Her bank (Access Bank) when my salary account and Visa processing account is GT. No other explanation.
Also, I paid the balance of school fees immediately. So I should be fine with my explanation then.

Nevertheless, I am considering working on the Deed of gift to have her signature stated also because I don't want to give room for aggressive VO this time.

Also, It's a self-sponsored, I have paid the full school fees now, I just want to explain where that sudden fund (1m and 2m) came from in my transaction for the purpose to balance of school fees as Mom supported. I have $20,000 CAD in my SOA for cost of living.

I appreciate. Thanks

makano:
Hello Tyscott

Why was the money not sent directly to the account you will be using for your Visa application, or why wa the money not used to pay part of your fee straightaway?

You have your reasons though, but your account transactions will determine if the sum of 1M or 2M is a lump sum though, such amount may not necessarily be a lump sum in some other accounts... But all the same, proper explanation will be needed by the Visa officer on such amount if its a sudden "huge" amount..

In that case, a Deed of gift will be necessary..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chisolove3: 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2021
[OK...Thank you..

quote author=Bobomaigida post=106344941]

The UofM uses Western Union Business Solutions, but it is accessed through the students portal, the account details will be retrieved from there, which you can take to the bank to pay with form A[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hebsyn: 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2021
cutemelv:
Timeline
Application: May 14th
Biometrics: 10th June
Medicals: 14th September
Medical passed: 16th September
BVL: 1st October
PPR: 1st October couple of minutes after.
First time applicant.

Sincerely I wasn't optimistic about my application because I didn't pay first year tuition and I used a friend in USA as sponsor(didn't upload my statement, IELTS, employment letter and all the numerous documents I have come across here). I discovered this forum after I had applied. I uploaded very few documents and seeing people upload a lot more discouraged me further. But I thank God it ended in praise.
I have work experience in a multinational here in Nigeria and have never travelled. My program is M.Eng Computer Engineering.

I sincerely wish all those waiting for decisions a successful response. And hope this encourages someone out there.

Congrats! Please could you tell us the institution and programme you applied to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hebsyn: 3:18pm On Oct 01, 2021
Henriie:
Timeline
Biometrics: n/A ( Biometrics Done like years back during my Work permit application. I was Refused twice)

I tried to use the services of a Canadian Immigration agent and She told me point blank that she won't take my case because its a waste of money and I won't get it. Hmmm Clearly she isn't God. Indeed there is a God and indeed he answers prayers.

The Way God did it for me, he will do it for you all waiting on your approval. All the best.
����

Congrats on your PPR. Did you disclose your previous UK ban? If Yes, did you submit the ban statement (letter) from the UK?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2021
How long school fees payment from the bank take to deliver to the school in Canada?
Anyone used access bank? How long did it take?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2021
Ketima:

I haven't heard of this before. Both Postgraduate diploma and master's students use form A to pay tuition ( unless other means specified by the institution). Mine was done in a week with form A.
Which bank did you use please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2021
GodsGabby:
Lianna new moniker has been banned or deleted.
Not fair!

Hello Lianna2020
Glad you back on here..
I sent a long congratulatory message to you the day you shared your timeline, only for me to come back and didn't see my message nor yours.
I was like what did you do wrong again before i sent that message i am quoting now.

I said i wasnt suprised your hubby and kid app came out so fast that it was same grace as yours. Your app was one of the fastest too.
And i remember how you were so worried about your son, how he cries and gets cranky. But now all that is history because God has perfected it all.
I am happy for you and i wish you all the best.
Will respond to your mail soon(i just recovered the password to the mail i used here)

Welcome back dear!!.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tre20: 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2021
Congrats bro
Henriie:
Timeline

����
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2021
No dear, I got the medical request on the 15th, went for my medical examination and iom sent it to ircc.

anike2011:
Hello, pls was your medicals upfront? If yes, did you upload your e-medical sheet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2021
June 26, Amen oo
DestinationCann:
Congratulations on advance on your PPR.

Please when did you apply?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Officialksolo: 3:49pm On Oct 01, 2021
Good day everyone

Please do anybody have an idea of health center in lagos state where I can receive the Covid-19 vaccine.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chisolove3: 3:49pm On Oct 01, 2021
[Just contacted first bank and they said form A does not accept 3rd party,western union business solution is a 3rd party...that form A ,it must bear the name of the school...so which bank did you use??

quote author=Chisolove3 post=106346238][OK...Thank you..

The UofM uses Western Union Business Solutions, but it is accessed through the students portal, the account details will be retrieved from there, which you can take to the bank to pay with form A[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2021
Thank you, will do that
Malone122:
contact both hospitals and tell them you have been requested to do your medicals from ircc they should fix you with an earlier date

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 4:05pm On Oct 01, 2021
Chisolove3:
[Just contacted first bank and they said form A does not accept 3rd party,western union business solution is a 3rd party...that form A ,it must bear the name of the school...so which bank did you use??

quote author=Chisolove3 post=106346238][OK...Thank you..

The UofM uses Western Union Business Solutions, but it is accessed through the students portal, the account details will be retrieved from there, which you can take to the bank to pay with form A

Please explain this one because I want to pay school fees I wanted to use western union business solution. What’s the way foward?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hannahopaleye12: 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2021
CalcreteJB:
Thank you, will do that

Have you gotten a feedback from any of the hospitals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hannahopaleye12: 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2021
Has anyone tried walking into iom or qlife very early in the day without an appointment and you were able to get your Medicals done?

I’m thinking of doing this since the date given to me is not favorable.

Also is there a branch of iom or qlife where Canadian Medicals is done on the island?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by username12: 4:24pm On Oct 01, 2021
Hello Frankob,
I don't know how western union business solution works, but I expect they should be able to generate a payment authorization for you, which you would take to the bank to pay via form A. For speedy remittance, use Unity bank. I was debited and got telex copy within 24hrs, flywire got the money within 4 business days
frankob:

Please explain this one because I want to pay school fees I wanted to use western union business solution. What’s the way foward?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2021
username12:
Hello Frankob,
I don't know how western union business solution works, but I expect they should be able to generate a payment authorization for you, which you would take to the bank to pay via form A. For speedy remittance, use Unity bank. I was debited and got telex copy within 24hrs, flywire got the money within 4 business days

That means you used flywire. Will go to unity bank but I don’t have an account with them o. That means I have to go with documents to open account too right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chisolove3: 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2021
[Yes...University of Manitoba generated a Payment instruction using Western Union business solution, now First bank is saying they must credit directly to the school account... That they don't credit through 3rd party...That I must provide account details bearing the school name and the school account number... I want to know if its this is a same instruction for all banks?? I am in a fix here...please I need help on what to do?

quote author=username12 post=106348214]Hello Frankob,
I don't know how western union business solution works, but I expect they should be able to generate a payment authorization for you, which you would take to the bank to pay via form A. For speedy remittance, use Unity bank. I was debited and got telex copy within 24hrs, flywire got the money within 4 business days [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chisolove3: 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2021
I just want to know if there is any other bank that accepts Form A through 3rd Party??
Please someone who has successfully paid his/her tuition to University of Manitoba should tell me how its done pleeeeaaaassssseeeeeeeeeeee!!

username12:
Hello Frankob,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 4:45pm On Oct 01, 2021
Chisolove3:
I just want to know if there is any other bank that accepts Form A through 3rd Party??
Please someone who has successfully paid his/her tuition to University of Manitoba should tell me how its done pleeeeaaaassssseeeeeeeeeeee!!

My dear you need to try another bank o no time. I’m going to pay tomorrow just looking for the fastest if any bank do u nonsense proceed to another branch or bank.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jermaie0009: 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2021
It took them 3days for mine , then I uploaded the receipt to the school

frankob:
How long school fees payment from the bank take to deliver to the school in Canada?
Anyone used access bank? How long did it take?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bukoj: 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2021
Please go to UBA. I did mine on Wednesday and got debited just now. Print out the instruction from WesternUnion, a copy of your Admission Letter, University Certificate and your international passport.

frankob:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bukoj: 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
I did mine on Wednesday and got debited today. I used Western Union Global Pay but for a different school though. I just printed out the instruction and took it to UBA.

Chisolove3:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2021
Good one Tyscott,

Just make sure you do justice to your LOE with convincing and detailed explanation..

It will end in praise..

Peace
tyscott99:
Finally, Thank you Makano.

She's just use to sending me money within Her bank (Access Bank) when my salary account and Visa processing account is GT. No other explanation.
Also, I paid the balance of school fees immediately. So I should be fine with my explanation then.

Nevertheless, I am considering working on the Deed of gift to have her signature stated also because I don't want to give room for aggressive VO this time.

Also, It's a self-sponsored, I have paid the full school fees now, I just want to explain where that sudden fund (1m and 2m) came from in my transaction for the purpose to balance of school fees as Mom supported. I have $20,000 CAD in my SOA for cost of living.

I appreciate. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2021
Congrats to you, God was surely on your side..

Quick one, as regards the bolded, are you still serving the Ban or you are out of it i.e You have completed the 5 Years?

Peace
Henriie:
Timeline

����

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.