Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (859207 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 10:52am On Oct 04, 2021
Toceenay:

The fact that 2.1 is usually the minimum requirement for a master's program doesn't mean everyone with 2.1 will automatically secure admission. All schools always mention that "meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission" and that is based on many factors.

Even here in Nigeria, like 40,000 candidates or more will write Post UTME, and like only 5000 - 8000 will be admitted for an academic year, despite the fact that they must have 200 point in Jamb for meeting the cut off mark.
Another angle which is very True.

A case of yearly ADMISSION QUOTA

It's advisable for 2.1 candidates to do the extra ordinary when applying for grad. school and not applying conventionally
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 10:52am On Oct 04, 2021
What's the probability of getting a PPR after a medical invitation
CalcreteJB:
Got medical request yesterday, trying to get an appointment and both IOM and Q-life seem fully booked for October. Confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 10:55am On Oct 04, 2021
onyintel:
I am looking at 28th or 29th

December, right ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 10:55am On Oct 04, 2021
CalcreteJB:
95%
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NommyD: 11:03am On Oct 04, 2021
What school please? I am going to Halifax as well

grace4ever2021:
I'm going to Halifax, and I'm also sending my passport to lagos where I did my biometrics and also where I would love to have it back

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by haaryobhami: 11:17am On Oct 04, 2021
Leyemoshood:

Yes you can
j
Thnx bro,do I need to take my birth certificate along or just international passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Queen6996: 11:20am On Oct 04, 2021
KellyKk:

Anon123 ordered mine , Reliable and trusted on this platform

Can you share his email please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Queen6996: 11:21am On Oct 04, 2021
KellyKk:

Anon123 ordered mine , Reliable and trusted on this platform

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ayindesegun10(m): 11:22am On Oct 04, 2021
No PPR today?? What's going on?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hannahopaleye12: 11:25am On Oct 04, 2021
CalcreteJB:
+234 8113975433
+234 7027704055, try those numbers. I reached out to IOM abuja and they were able to reschedule to an earlier date next week

Hello,
Okay good you reached out to Abuja. I also got a date in Abuja for nextweek as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 11:27am On Oct 04, 2021
Its coming... Its still loading

Ayindesegun10:
No PPR today?? What's going on?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thelmaebere: 11:29am On Oct 04, 2021
Hello gurus in the house. Please i need ur advise on the course to go for. I have a bsc in engineering and a 3 years career path in banking. I checked for managemennt courses but they require Gmat. Please assist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:29am On Oct 04, 2021
Iffylove:

YES oooo. I believe is from tomorrow. Mine is coming tomorrow amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ayindesegun10(m): 11:37am On Oct 04, 2021
Iffylove:

I claim mine

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akanoa: 11:40am On Oct 04, 2021
gracedson:
For those resuming in January, when do you intend to travel ?
December 13. KLM to Calgary.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2021
Queen6996:

Check ur mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 11:43am On Oct 04, 2021
Thelmaebere:
Hello gurus in the house. Please i need ur advise on the course to go for. I have a bsc in engineering and a 3 years career path in banking. I checked for managemennt courses but they require Gmat. Please assist.
I doubt if you can go for a Masters in Management programs cos you don't have the academic background. Your Transcript says more about your Engineering background. A University admission committee in Canada would likely not convinced you gonna be a best fit for a Masters in Management due to your Engineering background.

If you are interested in a Banking, Management program, based on your work experience, a PG.Cert program at a College related to your work experience (Banking, Management) is your best shot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jojorito007: 11:46am On Oct 04, 2021
I received a mail on Saturday that they were reviewing the additional documents I sent’ abeg how long will it take for them to finalize on my application considering that I am a May applicant. The documents they requested for are my kids birth certificates, marriage certificate and authorization letter from hubby to travel with them. I don’t know how long this will take . I started lectures online already since May and it hasn’t been easy at all. I am having mid semester test next week’ I don’t wall all my efforts to be in vain o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon44: 11:49am On Oct 04, 2021
Good morning House,
Please I need all the Gurus in the house to come to my rescue. So I have BSc. in Economics but I have been working as an administrative officer for about 5 years now. I got admission to University of British Columbia for a Masters program with tuition of 10,165.19 CAD per year starting January 2022. I was given $12,000 back in 2019 by my father (retired) who is currently indisposed and I have also been able to raise $8,000 since then from my savings and investments. All these funds have been put in my dom account since May this year but I was told since I am below 30 years, I cannot be self sponsored. Please I have the following questions:
a) Is there a better way to present the funds in my SOA without using my father as a sponsor, I mean do I have to because he gave me the chunk of the funds 2 years ago?
a) Is their any other financing company (apart from Prodigy Finance, Mpower, Discovery, Ascent & co - they either don't fund my school/program) that I can get student loans from who would pay my tuition so the funds in my account will be used as living expenses as I intend to purchase GIC to indicate my commitment
b) Is there a way I can present the funds if my mom rents out her apartment for me to have more funds to cover living expenses (since I haven't been able to secure a loan) without her being my sponsor because she doesnt have any business as she has also stopped business for years now, so no documents to show for her to become my sponsor.
c) Or is there anyway I can be self sponsored, using the funds in my SOA (to serve as tuition & pay off one semenester's tuition) and the funds from renting out my mom's property (to serve as one year living expenses:CIBC's GIC), then use my other investments like stocks, valuation of my mom's property, and my own mortgage property to show I'll have the living expenses for the second year.

I am asking because I know the source of funds is very important to the VOs. I am really and truly grateful for your guidance.
cc: @lekiboboe @frankroben @justmellow

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 11:52am On Oct 04, 2021
Akanoa:

December 13. KLM to Calgary.
Nice, have you booked your flight yet ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:54am On Oct 04, 2021
Hello Silver

Do inform IRCC of this vis webform an also emails.. You didnt state when it will be expiring though and also the stage of your application, that would have made me give you the best advise...

But if your Admission will expire in less than a month and your you haven't done medicals or your Eligibility review hasn t started, I will advise you apply for another admission in the same school, so you can get the updated LOA..

When getting to the final stage of your application IRCC checks for the LOA if it is still valid, and if not, they will request for an updated LOA...So its better you get your updated LOA before IRCC request for it..

Peace
Silverkc:
Please my people what will I do, my admission is about to expire and my study permit is not out yet. Should i apply for another admission in same school? I have already deferred it previously and I can't defer again. Is only once u can defer. Please help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hannahopaleye12: 11:57am On Oct 04, 2021
CalcreteJB:

Hello,

Please when nextweek is your appointment and are you guy or a lady please. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tourphland(m): 12:30pm On Oct 04, 2021
Hi
eleraaa:
Good morning guys, please is anyone attending Thompson Rivers University for winter jan2022 or is anyone going to the province British Columbia?

I’m going to the province. We can connect

But still awaiting visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nimzkitchen: 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2021
Good morning guys, please as a graduate of Health Education with 2.1,I want to obtain a masters degree in Canada..what course can I take?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akanoa: 12:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
gracedson:
Nice, have you booked your flight yet ?
Yes I booked it last week.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
Please can someone assist me with the appropriate link to print the vac consent form. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
Hello gurus in the house I am currently filling out form imm1294e.
1.So I was asked how much is my tuition cost should I put in the amount for one term or the whole MSc program.

2. What do I write at where Asked about funds available?
2. I currently stay in Abi but I’ve been using my parents address during my school and CAQ application. ( which is a different city)
Should I continue ? Because I want to have my biometric done in Abj and so on
Thank you for your anticipated reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mikel78: 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2021
Goodmorning Gurus of the house, pls I am new in the house and it is really my first time of making a visa application in my whole life. I really do need all your support and guidance.

I submitted on the 20th of September, 2021 and I have not received any acknowledgement letter from the embassy up till now. Do u think I should be worried about it? What kind of letters are mine supposed to be expecting from them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Greatadams: 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2021
Now I got my ppr and submitted my passport I got a call for vfs Lagos on the 28th that my passport have been received since then no update do any one have a contact I call talk to
URGENT
And also I don’t knw if it strange or normal
I can’t log in with my gckey again oh
I check the previous night that being 30th for any update I didn’t see then on the 1st I try login in since I couldn’t oh I i attach a picture of what it showing

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by honorableron(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
For those of us that got our permit late and our program only happens during summer.. and Intends to go next summer 2022.. have any one gotten a new LOa from their DLI yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by demmyg4real: 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2021
Hi,

Thanks to all info gotten here.
Was just refused based on personal asset and financial status.

But will deem it fit to refire.

Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akanoa: 1:16pm On Oct 04, 2021
Please for people that got medical requests, please always check the approved hospitals websites regularly. I just got a date for November 2 for my mum's medical right now for qlife even though when I checked on Saturday the earliest date was November 18.
There are 5 slots left for November 12 for anybody looking for slots at qlife.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.