Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (851345 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gusismith: 10:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Hi Honourable,

Sequel to your question as regards MBA with GMAT/GRE WAIVER, Read the post in the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/209#106068089

Sample Letter to waive GMAT in CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES (Avoid Plagiarism to the bare minimum and write it based on your own situation)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/99#90667909

Hello, Please I graduated with 2.1 in Electronic Engineering since 2007. How can I get admission to Study in Canada with free or affordable tuition
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KikkyQ: 10:05pm On Oct 03, 2021
I applied for a study permit for a PGD and got it. Myself and 4 other Nigerians are currently attending classes together
kenny2u:
Do VO denies visa for PGC study in Canada? Been hearing lots of stories around PGC study visa denied.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gusismith: 10:13pm On Oct 03, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Yes you are right and that depends on different factors based on each individuals and the school or schools in question

A 2.1 graduate of 5 years study gap might not find it easy to get admission cos of the assumption by a Professor or graduate comitee that such candidate might not have an updated knowledge of what he/she want to come study in Canada most especially if its a thesis based masters program

The work Experience of some 2.1 graduates is not related to what they studied in the university. In the move to get thesis based masters admission that requires a candidate to get a Supervisor (Prof.), that prof. might not be interested in such Candidate

Some 2.1 graduates are going for research interests in a Masters program not related to their degree. Though some do it cos they can tailor their research experience to that non related research interests but some can't cos there is no connection.

Some 2.1 has grade, and in the context of Canada's Graduate School Admission Requirements, there are mostly focus on the CGPA of that 2.1 graduate in his last two years e.g. 400 L & 500 L which must be 70-75%.

Also some 2.1 graduate don't package their application well, they feel only the 2.1 would be sufficient. Thats why lots of Canadian universities ask for ACADEMIC CV (not the conventional CV in Nigeria), and Statement of Purpose for admission which is also called Letter of Intent, Motivation letter etc.

I have a feeling there is more to a 2.1 graduates not able to get admission, await more inputs from the house on that

POTENTIAL SOLUTIONS FOR 2.1 GRADUATES LOOKING FOR MASTERS ADMISSION AND FULLYFUNDED GRADUATE OPPORTUNITIES IN A CANADIAN UNIVERSITY OR UNIVERSITIES

You need to package and position yourself before making move on your graduate application cos there are lots of brilliant graduates from different parts of the world you gonna be competing with. So in order to AVOID SUBMITTING ANY HOW and NON-COMPETIVE GRADUATE APPLICATIONS, see this;

- Send COLD MAILS to Profs. you have something in common with in terms of research
- Your Research Interests must align with what a Prof. focuses on most especially those of you who want to do thesis-based programs
- Do online courses related to your research interests which is to be stated in your ACADEMIC CV, this can boost your admission chances
- Attend conferences webinars, workshops etc. related to your research interests for Masters
- Your SOP for admission must be well written, proofed read, and plagiarism free
- COVER LETTERS to apply for advertised graduate positions (MSC, PHD)
- Recommendation letters

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED LINKS FOR PROSPECTIVE GRADUATE STUDENTS

Detailed Guide for Masters Degree holders who want to do a PH.D in Canada (fully-funded) also find attached Dr. Olumuyiwaayo's magic/jazz Academic CV & Cold Mail (THIS IS ALSO APPLICABLE TO B.SC HOLDERS INTERESTED IN GOING FOR A MASTERS)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/649#105043322

Cold Mail Samples to Secure a Supervisor in a Canadian University
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/103#102538464

Tips & Tricks on how to secure Fully-funded Graduate Opportunities in a RESEARCH GROUP - STEM & Non-STEM (With an over 75% Success Rate if you do your DUE DILIGENCE) in Canada, USA & other countries
https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/69#105460732

Facts about getting FULLY-FUNDED GRADUATE OPPORTUNITIES (VERY IMPORTANT)
https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/59#105424761

A SAMPLE OF A SOFT REMINDER MAIL TO THE PROFESSOR YOU SENT A COLD MAIL TO AND IS YET TO RESPOND
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/436#104040092

You might need to check out the above information and resources so you can be strategic about your approach for graduate school against FALL 22

Good luck!!!!!

Hello, Please I graduated since 2007 but now want to further my education. I studied Electronic engineering in my bachelors. Where do you recommend I start from? For example, which schools can I apply for a free or affordable masters program? Kindly guide me properly so I can start, Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olaidetola: 10:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
Kema22:
Hello
Good morning
Is there anyone travelling to new brunswick this winter.

I will be attending NBCC Jan intake

Fight is booked for Dec 14th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hannahopaleye12: 10:40pm On Oct 03, 2021
CalcreteJB:
Yeah Q-life responded and gave me 26th of October and the 30days given by ircc expires on the 28th, is this workable please

Hello,

I got the same appointment date from qlife and iom as well and I also have the same expiry date. I’m very skeptical about the dates as they are too close to the deadline so I emailed back pleading for an earlier date but if nothing can be done I will just have to accept it.

You?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 10:54pm On Oct 03, 2021
Temmyturpeh:
Conestogar Doon Campus May,2022 intake

Conestoga Doon Campus too jan,2022 intake
Omo I am waiting patiently for visa like this o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SomBaby(f): 10:54pm On Oct 03, 2021
Jubileefraizer:

The PPR must drop ooo. Will be going to Brandon by December too.. Please let's hook up!

Yes ooo ❤️❤️
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SomBaby(f): 10:55pm On Oct 03, 2021
Zhaynurb:
I don't mind ooooooooooooooo

Thanks.... check your email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oapedukonsult: 10:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
hello guys,please anyone with the information about colleges in Canada that accepts as low as 500cad?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2021
Oapedukonsult:
hello guys,please anyone with the information about colleges in Canada that accepts as low as 500cad?

500cad as full tuition or acceptance fee for you to apply for visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Toceenay(m): 11:16pm On Oct 03, 2021
hotboss:

But not all 2.1 are able to secure Masters admission. Example. Me
The fact that 2.1 is usually the minimum requirement for a master's program doesn't mean everyone with 2.1 will automatically secure admission. All schools always mention that "meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission" and that is based on many factors.

Even here in Nigeria, like 40,000 candidates or more will write Post UTME, and like only 5000 - 8000 will be admitted for an academic year, despite the fact that they must have 200 point in Jamb for meeting the cut off mark.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eleraaa: 11:51pm On Oct 03, 2021
Hey,
Is anyone going to TRU for winter Jan 2022?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by grace4ever2021: 11:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
Please can someone help...abeg
grace4ever2021:
Good day fam,
Please quick one here...how much does it take to pay for a two way passport delivery and iurance for DHL to lagos bkoz I did my biometrics in lagos...please i need ur help abeg ASAP ...
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikkieshow: 11:58pm On Oct 03, 2021
Bank statement and a sponsorletter
Sheyman56:
VERY URGENT!

Good evening...
Please, I need the list of documents to be requested of a sponsor who's based in US.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikkieshow: 11:59pm On Oct 03, 2021
It depends on yourlocation, my friend paid 8k for two ways
grace4ever2021:
Please can someone help...abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikkieshow: 11:59pm On Oct 03, 2021
Anyone going to Trent uni for Jan 2022?
eleraaa:
Hey,
Is anyone going to TRU for winter Jan 2022?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikkieshow: 12:00am On Oct 04, 2021
That only if you are looking for 100% scholarshi program
Oapedukonsult:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Zhaynurb(f): 12:04am On Oct 04, 2021
Please is there anyone going to Thompson rivers University in December for jan2022 intake , my friend needs hook up.

Please message me������
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Zhaynurb(f): 12:05am On Oct 04, 2021
She meant Thompson rivers University
Mikkieshow:
Anyone going to Trent uni for Jan 2022?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 12:09am On Oct 04, 2021
Since I submitted my application 27 of August no single update fro IRCC. I did upfront medical 22 of September, still nothing nothing na wao. Na so e Dey tey? Seems eligibility have not even started counting sef.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 12:10am On Oct 04, 2021
Blessed week ahead in Jesus name. We will all enjoy God's goodness this week.

Showers of PPR on all of us expecting in Jesus name.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 12:12am On Oct 04, 2021
frankob:
Since I submitted my application 27 of August no single update fro IRCC. I did upfront medical 22 of September, still nothing nothing na wao. Na so e Dey tey? Seems eligibility have not even started counting sef.

Have you done biometrics? If not, check your mails for it. Since August, your biometrics ahould have been updated.

My own biometrics and medicals have been passed since last week and i submitted my application on sept 20

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 12:15am On Oct 04, 2021
Teemenzo:

Have you done biometrics? If not, check your mails for it. Since August, your biometrics ahould have been updated.

My own biometrics and medicals have been passed since last week and i submitted my application on sept 20

Yes I did biometric since 2019. I did medical 22 of September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 12:19am On Oct 04, 2021
Teemenzo:

When did you do medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Keet18: 12:20am On Oct 04, 2021
Third class metallurgy and materials engineering (bsc) 2017
I own two companies registered under CAC
One man business
I source and procure goods for people in Nigeria in large quantity
Good inflow and outflow in my company’s statement of account
Good inflow and outflow in my personal statement of account too
I intend to do a PGD

Please what course would you recommend and schools please

And what documents should I use for my visa application

Thanks so much to y’all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by grace4ever2021: 12:22am On Oct 04, 2021
I'm going to Halifax, and I'm also sending my passport to lagos where I did my biometrics and also where I would love to have it back
Mikkieshow:
It depends on yourlocation, my friend paid 8k for two ways

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Greatadams: 1:25am On Oct 04, 2021
Ketima:

Hahaha, you're replying who isn't serious. Check out his comments and his name as well. Seems he missed the page he was meant to be.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 00AspiringStude: 2:17am On Oct 04, 2021
Hello Guys, please i am new to this platform. I submitted my student visa application for an MBA in December 2020 though with my spouse but i did not do upfront medicals. I was notified that i qualify for NSE and submitted additional documents including my bank statements and IELTS general and they confirmed that my application has been updated and processing is ongoing. This is October 2021 and still no update and the status is still the same. I have taken online classes for two terms since April 2021 but i have decided to take a break till i get a response on my applicstion. I have also notified IRCC via the web form as the school insists they cannot reach out on my behalf to follow up. An agent advised that i should submit another web form to remove my husband's application and state that he has a new business and he no longer wants to travel with me which is true since i have been able to successfully study online for two terms and maynot need him closely with me anymore as i am no longer nervous about being away wihout support. Do you think this is wise? If yes, Please how do i go about it and will this work? I am confused now. Can some please advice me? What should i do and can you please direct on steps to go about adjusting my application and following up to get a response? I know alot of people that submitted after me have gotten a response. I'm worried and tired and really confused at this point. Anyone with this similar issue?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Amicableoga: 2:24am On Oct 04, 2021
KikkyQ:
You dont need a transit visa. Bear in mind that the flight is not very comfortable. Also for your layover, you are given access to the internet for only 1 hour. Bear this in mind if you are going to be there for a long time. You can give other airlines a shot like lufthansa.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chrysto: 2:44am On Oct 04, 2021
Thanks a lot, I will do as advised if I don’t get a response in December after applying .

quote author=KikkyQ post=106418427]If there is an option for deferral of your course, apply and if you don not get a decision by Nov/December, defer your program and upload the new letter of acceptance to IRCC [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chrysto: 2:53am On Oct 04, 2021
makano:
Hello Chrysto

The bolded will be determined by IRCC.

But with the recent happenings with applicants on this forum, applicants have gotten approval after several months of waiting, some 6 months, some a year and so on... Even with the NSE route, applications are still delayed...

But there can be an exception in your case though......

If by December you do not get an update on your profile (Eligibility review starting, A medical request e.t.c) I will advise you defer your admission to either Spring or Fall..

Peace

Thanks a lot, I will do as advised . Now that you mentioned medical, I better go book an appointment ASAP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hugzzz: 3:37am On Oct 04, 2021
I have thoroughly observed that Nigerians do not go to the school I intend going and I have been wondering why.

The school is packed with loads of Indians and zchinese. Hmmm…hoping I wouldn’t be the only black skin person there.

Please, who is resuming at Canadore College, North Bay, Ontario?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (834)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.