Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (853171 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaduchendu: 9:46am On Oct 05, 2021
Bro
maybe you need to confirm this
Is like you can't legally work until you start classes
Octavoral:
Landing gist:

I decided to leave Nigeria October 1st to mark my independence from the country.

Left Abuja 10:20 pm via Lufthansa.
I was a bit tensed cos of enrollment letter. While the Lufthansa staff asked, I gave her all my documents. She kept scrolling but she didn’t see. She was so in a rush and gave dem all back to me. I felt relieved. It was a 7 hrs trip to Frankfurt. I was quite excited when I finally got on board. While on the trip, foods were served but I only got tea cos my body never fit reason vegetable n tomato with a touch of salad. I knew hunger for soon wire me. Flight smooth, no much turbulence, Comfy seats, watched movies, slept till we got to Frankfurt.

Hunger set in, I decided to get some snacks while we wait 5 hrs for flight to montereal. An apple drink similar to lacasera and a cup cake, dem bill me $30. Na dier I know say good life is expensive.
BTW, no matter Wetin u de buy, no de try convert the money to naira cos u go just de get Biggy BP. I ate and I no Belleful. For my mind, just endure, u go reach Canada.
After 5 hrs, we departed to Montreal on a 8 hrs flight. Na same food dem serve again, this time, I took burger, tea and water, watched movies, slept and dreamt beautifully.

We got to Montreal, immigration check, COVID vaccine checked, ArriveCAN checked, as we approach final lap for study permit. I was supposed to have a connecting flight to Toronto but cos of the numerous checks, I missed. My fears returned again when I tot of enrollment letter but I hoped for the best, I was finally cleared without being asked. I boarded Toronto on a rescheduled flight within paying extra. Got to Toronto, converted my BTA to CAD.

My disappointment started when person wey promise to pick me no gree pick calls. No Canada sim, no data. I left the airport on Uber to register sim, trip cost $55, sim with 1 month free call, text and 10gig data $50. I took another Uber to a hotel $55 trip. When I got there, I paid $120/ day for 7 nyts. Money just de go fian fian.

As I de like this, owo ti ku waso ooo.
Yesterday, I went to the school to confirm my slot for January. Ryt not, I’m looking for a shared apartment in Toronto or Brampton. Thereafter, a menial job till January cos money must be made. So, if anybody is willing to share an apartment within those zones, let’s connect. Male or female, I no mind. Abeg, anybody wey fit cook is preferable cos na face just de fresh, I don lean within 3 days.

Drops pen.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 9:46am On Oct 05, 2021
OKP007:
Guys I have an issue, recently got my PPR, but my school (Memorial University Newfoundland) said course registration has closed and they sent me a New Admission letter for fall 2022.
The problem is I have submitted my passport to IRCC and my Course is a one year course, meaning the TVR issued might not Cover fall 2022.
What should I do?. Those with experience kindly help.

The Visa will still be valid till September 2022 but my advice is for you to update ircc with your new LOA via webform. Gurus in the house please this guy needs your advice, please more contribution

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 9:48am On Oct 05, 2021
gaduchendu:
Bro

Exactly what I heard when I was listening to a student in Canada through YouTube

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 9:50am On Oct 05, 2021
EstherAda92:

Exactly what I heard when I was listening to a student in Canada through YouTube

100% correct.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 05, 2021
PatrickOkunima:

It was Zenith that told me they cannot open an account for me. GTB didn't say it explicitly. I provided everything they requested. Then she started asking stupid questions. Finally, she told me she has forwarded a mail to my account officer that he's the person to facilitate the process. Mind you, I already told her what I need the account for. I asked her how long it'll take for me to get a response. She said she doesn't know.
it’s a faster process if your referees are GT account holders and it takes about 5-10 days depending on how fast they can verify the referees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sam4777: 9:53am On Oct 05, 2021
ok will try again, thank you

Lianna2020:
I heard she doesn’t answer but she actually attended to me and others I know and they all got PPR self .

Maybe depends on the content of the message .

Find below :

hedy.fry@parl.gc.ca

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 9:53am On Oct 05, 2021
Also go with your Request letter and your(cash). Birth certificate isn't needed..

Peace
haaryobhami:

Thnx bro,except from international passport what other documents do I have to take along ?hope I don’t need birth certificate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sam4777: 9:56am On Oct 05, 2021
you can work after getting your SIN but limited to 20 hours during term time, and when not in term time most companies will ask for proof from DLI that its not term time to give you more hours

gaduchendu:
Bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sam4777: 10:00am On Oct 05, 2021
oh I just realised his program is starting in January, yes he cannot work until his permit actually begins. you are correct

gaduchendu:
Bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 10:16am On Oct 05, 2021
sam4777:
oh I just realised his program is starting in January, yes he cannot work until his permit actually begins. you are correct

So one can travel now for a program that’s starting in January ?
I thought it was at least 4 Weeks before resumption.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Zhaynurb(f): 10:16am On Oct 05, 2021
Please when you applied for BTA ,were you asked for return ticket and if no please, which bank ooo .
usor00:
nice.so it possible to travel three month to ur resumption time?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 10:20am On Oct 05, 2021
Thank you �

Enjay316:
u would receive 2000CAD wen u arrive to help u settle down and then they will pay u installmentally about 8 times for one year.note that this is if you open with 10,000CAD.U wont have access to the money here in Nigeria unless the person is denied.u wont also have access to the money in Canada at once.just the 2k and d payments at intervals .that's y it's an investment policy.

Also note that o[b][/b]only CIBC does student GIC for students based in Nigeria and applying from Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by usor00(m): 10:29am On Oct 05, 2021
invite me, will happily follow u
Sammychi90:
Beautiful Tuesday morning to u all, and may God grant us mercy expecially those still awaiting PPR .

Please I'm looking for a travel pal � with Ethiopian Airline Dec 10th .

Email me so we can connect.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jeffi7: 10:46am On Oct 05, 2021
Octavoral:
Landing gist:

I decided to leave Nigeria October 1st to mark my independence from the country.

I was a bit tensed cos of enrollment letter. While the Lufthansa staff asked, I gave her all my documents. She kept scrolling but she didn’t see. She was so in a rush and gave dem all back to me. I felt relieved. It was a 7 hrs trip to Frankfurt. I was quite excited when I finally got on board. While on the trip, foods were served but I only got tea cos my body never fit reason vegetable n tomato with a touch of salad. I knew hunger for soon wire me. Flight smooth, no much turbulence, Comfy seats, watched movies, slept till we got to Frankfurt.

Hunger set in, I decided to get some snacks while we wait 5 hrs for flight to montereal. An apple drink similar to lacasera and a cup cake, dem bill me $30. Na dier I know say good life is expensive.
BTW, no matter Wetin u de buy, no de try convert the money to naira cos u go just de get Biggy BP. I ate and I no Belleful. For my mind, just endure, u go reach Canada.
After 5 hrs, we departed to Montreal on a 8 hrs flight. Na same food dem serve again, this time, I took burger, tea and water, watched movies, slept and dreamt beautifully.

We got to Montreal, immigration check, COVID vaccine checked, ArriveCAN checked, as we approach final lap for study permit. I was supposed to have a connecting flight to Toronto but cos of the numerous checks, I missed. My fears returned again when I tot of enrollment letter but I hoped for the best, I was finally cleared without being asked. I boarded Toronto on a rescheduled flight within paying extra. Got to Toronto, converted my BTA to CAD.

My disappointment started when person wey promise to pick me no gree pick calls. No Canada sim, no data. I left the airport on Uber to register sim, trip cost $55, sim with 1 month free call, text and 10gig data $50. I took another Uber to a hotel $55 trip. When I got there, I paid $120/ day for 7 nyts. Money just de go fian fian.

Yesterday, I went to the school to confirm my slot for January. Ryt not, I’m looking for a shared apartment in Toronto or Brampton. Thereafter, a menial job till January cos money must be made. So, if anybody is willing to share an apartment within those zones, let’s connect. Male or female, I no mind. Abeg, anybody wey fit cook is preferable cos na face just de fresh, I don lean within 3 days.

Drops pen.

Where you able to enter Canada more than one month before your new resumption? Or you used your old resumption date to travel?
What is the earliest time line to travel for those that deferred to fall 2022?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:47am On Oct 05, 2021
Octavoral:
Landing gist:

Drops pen.

Please bro, you have gone far to jeopardize your dream. please don't start work when you have not started school. one of the main reasons students are turned back and why the stated student shouldn't come at least one month to school resumption is cos of this. Please because of your PWGP, don't start work yet ooo.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 10:52am On Oct 05, 2021
Last week.
You can also ask your school about refunding excess payment to your Canada account.

Enjay316:
it appears things had changed cos I tried this and it did not work when I did mine.what bank are you talking about?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 10:52am On Oct 05, 2021
9th June.

Yes, 1st time application.

Enjay316:
when did u apply? and is it a first time application ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 10:55am On Oct 05, 2021
DestinationCann:
9th June.

Yes, 1st time application.

Have you gotten ppr?
June 19 application no news
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sam4777: 10:55am On Oct 05, 2021
normally you shouldn't be able to, but its like the port he entered from are not bothered by those things so they let him in. Montreal isn't a big travel hub like Vancouver or Ontario

gracedson:
So one can travel now for a program that’s starting in January ?
I thought it was at least 4 Weeks before resumption.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 10:57am On Oct 05, 2021
Nothing yet.

TheGbemisola:

Have you gotten ppr?
June 19 application no news
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 11:00am On Oct 05, 2021
DestinationCann:
Nothing yet.

What is wrong mehn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 11:00am On Oct 05, 2021
sam4777:
normally you shouldn't be able to, but its like the port he entered from are not bothered by those things so they let him in. Montreal isn't a big travel hub like Vancouver or Ontario

oh okay, that’s a big risk he took, I am glad he was lucky.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 11:09am On Oct 05, 2021
I wish I knew
TheGbemisola:

What is wrong mehn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon44: 11:10am On Oct 05, 2021
Huge Congratulations to him!

Please is this person a matured applicant?

I'm below 30 and being told I should not self sponsor.

Lianna2020:
That’s his timeline, guess he forgot to share it here after PPR .

First Time Applicant

Application Submitted - March 16,
Biometrics Request Letter - March 17
Biometrics Passed - March 22
Upfront Medicals - May 11
Upfront Medicals Passed - May 19
Correspondence Letter - September 2
PPR - September 27

NB: Prior to my PPR I had applied for GCMS notes three times. The first two were empty while the last came in with “Recommend Interview” as the eligibility status.

September 16, I emailed MP and she came back to me on September 17 that my application had passed the requirements. At this point, I knew my PPR was coming

See below for further details.
Program: MBA ( Summer intake, 2021)
School: UCW. Vancouver, BC.
PPR: 27th September 2021

DOCUMENTS (in no particular order)
1. Copy of Applicant’s Siblings Birth certificates.
2. University's Unconditional Official Letter of Admission.
3. Copy of Applicant's Birth Certificate,
4. Copy of Police Character Certificate
5. WAEC
6. Copy of Applicant’s International Passport Biodata page,
7. Copy of Applicant's family picture
8. NYSC discharge certificate
9. Degree certificate
10. ICAN Final Results as I am yet to be inducted
11. Transcripts
12. Deed of gift documents for a landed property from my dad
13. IELTS Certificate.
14. Study leave approval letter 
15. Work ID
16. Resume
18. MBS of about CAD 49k (Self- Sponsored)
19. Letter of Acceptance
20. Employment and Promotion Letters
21. School Fees Receipt (Paid for only a semester)
22. SOP of about 5 pages

God pass IRCC. The wait was crazy, it took over 6 months

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon44: 11:15am On Oct 05, 2021
Good morning Everyone
Please I need your guidance on my questions below

Many many thanks
@lekiboboe
Anon44:
Good morning House,
Please I need all the Gurus in the house to come to my rescue. So I have BSc. in Economics but I have been working as an administrative officer for about 5 years now. I got admission to University of British Columbia for a Masters program with tuition of 10,165.19 CAD per year starting January 2022. I was given $12,000 back in 2019 by my father (retired) who is currently indisposed and I have also been able to raise $8,000 since then from my savings and investments. All these funds have been put in my dom account since May this year but I was told since I am below 30 years, I cannot be self sponsored. Please I have the following questions:
a) Is there a better way to present the funds in my SOA without using my father as a sponsor, I mean do I have to because he gave me the chunk of the funds 2 years ago?
a) Is their any other financing company (apart from Prodigy Finance, Mpower, Discovery, Ascent & co - they either don't fund my school/program) that I can get student loans from who would pay my tuition so the funds in my account will be used as living expenses as I intend to purchase GIC to indicate my commitment
b) Is there a way I can present the funds if my mom rents out her apartment for me to have more funds to cover living expenses (since I haven't been able to secure a loan) without her being my sponsor because she doesnt have any business as she has also stopped business for years now, so no documents to show for her to become my sponsor.
c) Or is there anyway I can be self sponsored, using the funds in my SOA (to serve as tuition & pay off one semenester's tuition) and the funds from renting out my mom's property (to serve as one year living expenses:CIBC's GIC), then use my other investments like stocks, valuation of my mom's property, and my own mortgage property to show I'll have the living expenses for the second year.

I am asking because I know the source of funds is very important to the VOs. I am really and truly grateful for your guidance.
cc: @lekiboboe @frankroben @justmellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gusismith: 11:29am On Oct 05, 2021
Thank You for your kind response. I am an Engineer. I do web designs, Computer Networking, graphics and Solar Installations. I'd like to know available schools where I can apply.

Lekiboboe:

Hi,

Your study gap is very obvious, a Post Graduate Certificate (PG.CERT) program from a college related to your work experience is what you should go for.

Unfortunately, it is self funded, not free

What is the name of your Job, job description and Job duties?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by philit22(m): 11:46am On Oct 05, 2021
usor00:
nice.so it possible to travel three month to ur resumption time?

I was surprised sef. Me sef Dey commot early
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by philit22(m): 11:48am On Oct 05, 2021
Ketima:

Please bro, you have gone far to jeopardize your dream. please don't start work when you have not started school. one of the main reasons students are turned back and why the stated student shouldn't come at least one month to school resumption is cos of this. Please because of your PWGP, don't start work yet ooo.

That’s not true bro. He’s not jeopardising anything. You can start
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 11:56am On Oct 05, 2021
philit22:

Is this your information verified ? Because I listen to a student in Canada saying you can only work when your classes have started...they seems to be contradiction somewhere

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:58am On Oct 05, 2021
philit22:

Really?? I feel is a risky venture oo. But is all left for him though.

Is the scheduled maintenance over? has anyone logged in yet?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:58am On Oct 05, 2021
Abeg has gckey resumed? Have they finished doing their maintenance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 11:59am On Oct 05, 2021
Wow! Just wow
philit22:

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.