Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (853172 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2021
EstherAda92:

Is this your information verified ? Because I listen to a student in Canada saying you can only work when your classes have started...they seems to be contradiction somewhere

yes, cos I have seen someone who worked for 23hrs in a week and it affected her PGWP, not to talk of working before one's class starts. But as you said, many information with contradictory views.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2021
Can anybody log into gckey?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 12:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
Blazca:
Can anybody log into gckey?

Same issue here. Being trying since. Maybe dem dey package our PPRs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shommyface: 12:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
Greetings guys, As I promised, I will continue to provide you with useful information and tips to aid you in your travels to our dream land.

If you're planning a trip to Canada soon, you should watch this video in which I discuss all of the food items you'll need. Note that not all foods are permitted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OoOA9n_iLc

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by omodunniolaiya: 12:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
Teemenzo:

Same issue here. Being trying since. Maybe dem dey package our PPRs.

they are working on the servers, it will be back up in a few minutes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OKP007(m): 12:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
Where all our gurus ooo, kindly help your boy, I will definitely up IRCC.
Memorial University staff naim mess me up, I have a mail that they told me I could still register before 29th, later they said registration closed by 22nd of September , while last date to defer was 29th. I so hate this school now. Things are just messed up for me.
EstherAda92:

The Visa will still be valid till September 2022 but my advice is for you to update ircc with your new LOA via webform. Gurus in the house please this guy needs your advice, please more contribution
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankrobbn1: 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
Raymondrain:
Good afternoon everyone ,
Please I would like to ask a question . what documents or proof can I use as hometies or economic ties, I don't have any property
I've used my siblings as hometies in my previous application and got delayed based on hometies and travel history even though I've been to Singapore and Dubai before. Please what can I do ?

Sorry about the outcome of your application. A lot of persons have successfully gotten their visas to Canada without declaring assets in their name. A detailed explanation about your career prospects and the impact it would make in your home country upon your return home after studies goes a long way in addressing your ties back home. Most especially, if your employer has granted you a paid study leave. Suffice it to say that if you've a registered business in Nigeria, it also add up for your economic ties. Given that while you're away for studies this business would continue to operate and generate more income which would be used to offset the cost of your studies in Canada. Please be properly guided that travel history is not a stand alone reason and also not a strong ground for visa refusal. Once you're able to put up a strong and detailed profile, the visa officer will waive this concern.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ogteri: 1:13pm On Oct 05, 2021
Hello everyone!!
I had to finally learn how to comment here so I can share this.
Never knew how��‍♀️��‍♀️

PPR dropped on the 28th of September for myself and my 2 kids
May 15th First time Applicant
We all did upfront medicals.
My son’s medical was updated to pass May 26th
My daughter and I had ours updated to pass June 3rd
After then Silenceeeeeeee!!!!

Ordered GCMS notes through @anon came out nothing much there.

BVL and PPR came within minutes of each other on the 28th of September.

PPR for both my kids same day as well, mins after mine.

I applied for visit visa for my kids as I didn’t know I could apply for SP for them then when I was submitting my application.

I used my other 2 kids, my hubby and my job as home ties.

I got Study Leave approval from work

My hubby was my sponsor though I submitted my personal savings SOA, I didn’t submit my salary account. I submitted my Appointment, confirmation and promotion letters.

My hubby used his company account, got a letter from the bank to say he is the sole signatory to the account, I am a director, showed documentation for that, also submitted his contract documents to show source of funds.

Submitted marriage certificate
Birth certificate for all my kids, even those I didn’t apply for.

The visa pages on our passport for my kids and I
My hubby’s data page in lieu of consent letter for the kids, in his sponsorship letter he mentioned he would be solely responsible for the upkeep for the kids and I while still being able to adequately care for the ones I am leaving behind.

I notorized the sponsorship letter, affidavit of support and my SOP

Submitted IELTS and 1 year MBS for all the accounts I used.

I thank God it ended in praise.
The wait can be exhausting!!
Gosh!!! For all the months I was waiting, it was all I prayed about, especially that my kids get approved.
It shall it end in praise for others waiting for PPR.

Thanks to @frankrobbn for answering my questions via email.

Thanks @anon for answering my questions as well.

I appreciate ����

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2021
Sir Frankrobbn1... its nice to see you here...
You have been scarce,,, Please we need more of you to continue to share your loads of ideas and knowlegde
Thank you

Frankrobbn1:

Sorry about the outcome of your application. A lot of persons have successfully gotten their visas to Canada without declaring assets in their name. A detailed explanation about your career prospects and the impact it would make in your home country upon your return home after studies goes a long way in addressing your ties back home. Most especially, if your employer has granted you a paid study leave. Suffice it to say that if you've a registered business in Nigeria, it also add up for your economic ties while you're away for studies as this business would continue to generate more income which would be used to offset the cost of your studies in Canada. Please be properly guided that travel history is not a stand alone reason and also not a strong ground for visa refusal. Once you're able to put up a strong and detailed profile, the visa officer will waive this concern.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ogteri: 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
Forgot to add that I do a lot of volunteering work as well and I run an NGO I added the incorporation certificate of the NGO

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 1:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ogteri:
Hello everyone!!
I had to finally learn how to comment here so I can share this.
Never knew how��‍♀️��‍♀️

PPR dropped on the 28th of September for myself and my 2 kids
May 15th First time Applicant
We all did upfront medicals.
My son’s medical was updated to pass May 26th
My daughter and I had ours updated to pass June 3rd
After then Silenceeeeeeee!!!!

Ordered GCMS notes through @anon came out nothing much there.

BVL and PPR came within minutes of each other on the 28th of September.

PPR for both my kids same day as well, mins after mine.

I applied for visit visa for my kids as I didn’t know I could apply for SP for them then when I was submitting my application.

I used my other 2 kids, my hubby and my job as home ties.

I got Study Leave approval from work

My hubby was my sponsor though I submitted my personal savings SOA, I didn’t submit my salary account. I submitted my Appointment, confirmation and promotion letters.

My hubby used his company account, got a letter from the bank to say he is the sole signatory to the account, I am a director, showed documentation for that, also submitted his contract documents to show source of funds.

Submitted marriage certificate
Birth certificate for all my kids, even those I didn’t apply for.

The visa pages on our passport for my kids and I
My hubby’s data page in lieu of consent letter for the kids, in his sponsorship letter he mentioned he would be solely responsible for the upkeep for the kids and I while still being able to adequately care for the ones I am leaving behind.

I notorized the sponsorship letter, affidavit of support and my SOP

Submitted IELTS and 1 year MBS for all the accounts I used.

I thank God it ended in praise.
The wait can be exhausting!!
Gosh!!! For all the months I was waiting, it was all I prayed about, especially that my kids get approved.
It shall it end in praise for others waiting for PPR.

Thanks to @frankrobbn for answering my questions via email.

Thanks @anon for answering my questions as well.

I appreciate ����

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ogteri: 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
Forgot to add that I do a lot of volunteering work and I run an NGO as well and I included the CAC documentation for the NGO as well

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bukky2222: 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
HI,
Has anyone tried to apply for student permit without ielts and got accepted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hahn(m): 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2021
Munamoqel:
Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators (ICMPS).

Due to the current events, many of our resources have been redirected to support the Afghanistan dedicated phone line. As a result, you will not get a reply to this enquiry. A limited amount of agents remain available for telephone enquiries related to urgent cases only until further notice.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued support and collaboration during these difficult times.

Please do not reply to this email.

The only other option they have told us, is to suggest the constituent use the IRCC webform and ask for an update. IRCC web form: Contact us online (cic.gc.ca)

We are sorry that we cannot help you further. All the best to you!

Sincerely,

Alana

Alana Hahn

Office of Larry Maguire, MP Brandon-Souris

Phone 204-726-7600 / Fax 204-726-7699

Larry.Maguire.C1a@parl.gc.ca

So basically they are helping people from Afghanistan enter into the country?

undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
IELTS is not a requirement for Study permit application
bukky2222:

HI,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akanoa: 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2021
Hello, please can a parent purchase PTA for his minor child (17 years) going to study in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
All thanks to Taliban
No be to enter Afgan and from there to Cad? grin
hahn:

So basically they are helping people from Afghanistan enter into the country?

undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaduchendu: 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
Naaaaaaaa

Everything is clearly spelt out in their important deadlines. They have been following the same calendar ever since
Sincerely, I have never seen a school with well plan structure like MUN. I knew all there important Deadlines even from 2019. I could even predict it. I never need to ask anybody

OKP007:
Where all our gurus ooo, kindly help your boy, I will definitely up IRCC.
Memorial University staff naim mess me up, I have a mail that they told me I could still register before 29th, later they said registration closed by 22nd of September , while last date to defer was 29th. I so hate this school now. Things are just messed up for me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
No. PTA are not sold to minors. THANKS
Akanoa:
Hello, please can a parent purchase PTA for his minor child (17 years) going to study in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 1:45pm On Oct 05, 2021
Hello Bukky

Yes, several applicants have gotten their application approved without writing or submitting IELTS..

Its actually optional for study permit application but compulsory for EE....

Peace
bukky2222:

HI,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hahn(m): 1:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
eclint:
All thanks to Taliban
No be to enter Afgan and from there to Cad? grin

Omo you are on your own ooo grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SomBaby(f): 1:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
elenewton1:
Credit: gracedson

How I sent my Passport to Abuja.

I did my Biometrics in Lagos but I sent my passport to Abuja,
So I had to pay a transmission fee of NGN 8,920 to this account
CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.

I bought a fresh brown envelope and added the following documents, so follow:

- Your International Passport itself (That your passport !!)

- Print only 1 copy of the transmission fee payment receipt and put in your envelope

- 2 copies of your passport data page (I printed it in colored copy)

- Those stapled papers that was given to you after the completion of your Biometrics (put them as it is [original copy] not the photocopy)

- The PPR letter (1 copy)

- 1 copy of the Consent form (I filled and signed the second page only) . Download the consent from here: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/dominicanrepublic/pdf/Consent-Form-TTS-English.pdf

- A plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number (this is not really needed though, but I added it)
NOTE: I paid for 2 ways Courier at DHL and insured it to and fro

2 courier means: As I am sending my passport to Abuja, I want Abuja to send back my STAMPED passport to the address I stated on the Courier.

You paid for two way courier and also 8,920

Please explain

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
#8920 is paid to VFS if you did your biometrics in Lagos and sending to Abj. You do not pay this fee if sending to same state you did biometrics.
Two way courier is a different fee you pay to either DHL or UPS to help deliver your passport to VFS and back to you.

SomBaby:

Please explain
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Octavoral: 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ketima:

Please bro, you have gone far to jeopardize your dream. please don't start work when you have not started school. one of the main reasons students are turned back and why the stated student shouldn't come at least one month to school resumption is cos of this. Please because of your PWGP, don't start work yet ooo.

Ok bro, thanks for this information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Octavoral: 2:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
gaduchendu:
Bro
maybe you need to confirm this
Is like you can't legally work until you start classes

I never knew this tho. I’ll b careful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dyce101(m): 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2021
I don come again ooo

Guys I just collect my passport

Approved date was sept 17th does it mean I can travel anytime from now

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 2:08pm On Oct 05, 2021
SomBaby:

Please explain
Yes, 8920 for the transmission fee (this is to VFS since I did my Biometrics in Lagos and i sent to Abuja) and the other payment is for DHL (Courier company)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2021
dyce101:
I don come again ooo

Guys I just collect my passport

Approved date was sept 17th does it mean I can travel anytime from now
Congratulations oo, What year and month did you again admission for ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tourphland(m): 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ppr no plenty this week oo… God what’s happening
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SomBaby(f): 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2021
elenewton1:
#8920 is paid to VFS if you did your biometrics in Lagos and sending to Abj. You do not pay this fee if sending to same state you did biometrics.
Two way courier is a different fee you pay to either DHL or UPS to help deliver your passport to VFS and back to you.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Debbyiiii: 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
Please who is coming to university of manitoba soon or winnipeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2021
E be like say IRCC don finally close down.

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.