Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855786 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2021
tourphland:

July applicant ooo… nothing yet, no update on my page
just be hopeful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by doziejp: 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2021
Hi Frank
Please I need help with my Canada study permit application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 8:56pm On Aug 30, 2021
Cloudweb:
Please does anyone have contact numbers of IRCC and Nairobi Kenya,Nigeria and Africa.

My school is resuming tomorrow still no response and eligibility review yet.

Please!
Thanks!
try contacting your school immediately, explain things to them, my school is resuming in 13th September they agreed to send a new admission letter after that time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 9:12pm On Aug 30, 2021
Trueigbo:

PPR people make una help is be like unaooo
1. 2-3 months after the deadline
2. Same as they treat other schools
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Perseverer: 9:17pm On Aug 30, 2021
Halifaxguy:
Are there July applicants here...? I submitted my younger bro application on July 7th. And school resumption is next Tuesday, but I have not seen any progress on the application. Upfront medical updated to pass last week. It seems June and July folks will not meet up for the fall semester.

Some July applicants have gotten PPR. Some...

So, there's no particular order they are following.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sfApase: 9:24pm On Aug 30, 2021
Please o, who has a reliable website to order for GCMS note, the one I ordered for earlier is over 55 days and there's no reply. From July 5 till date and no reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2021
Where did you order the first one from?
sfApase:
Please o, who has a reliable website to order for GCMS note, the one I ordered for earlier is over 55 days and there's no reply. From July 5 till date and no reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sfApase: 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2021
Blazca:
Where did you order the first one from?

From an agent online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olaa123: 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2021
Faithyyyyy:

Hi,

As stated, I can only preview an sop for free as a way of giving back to this platform.

every application is different and so are the reasons and circumstances for addressing a refusal. I will not be in any way offering a step by step detailed explanation or guide on each of the reasons. is your application exactly the same as his? do you have the same background? family ties, work experience.
It is not advisable to copy and paste from anyone's application hence the reason why there are professionals you can consult to guide you through a tailor made application to suite your circumstances.

I wish you all the best
Be calming down. You've given two gbas gbos today already. Please also note that some perfect applications get denied and some imperfect applications get approved.

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Enick: 9:42pm On Aug 30, 2021
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks. And Thanks. In fact, a million thanks to you for taking your time to type a lengthy text to offer me the best understanding on what would be helpful to me.
Like you right pointed out, STEM is purely sciences and that's where my first degree and diploma falls into. As advice I would look out going for a social science business related course because of my work experience.

If I may ask, it is possible to change your course of study when you are already approved visa and in Canada soil? I love my science Lab coat and professional, because I nor get job for my field, I landed in the banking sector.

CHIKACIC:

Its very tricky because:

1. though your first degree is related to the intended masters prog, there is a huge study gap;
2. your intended masters program is not related to your present work.

Applicants in your type of situation are usually advised to go for programs that relate to their present work/business.

However, IF you can give a cogent and tangible explanation in your SOP for switching because of your academic background, (for example you ardent desire to still go back to health sciences notwithstanding your many years of work experience in the banking industry), you MAY scale through.

Correct me if I am wrong: I think Microbiology is a health science and not a social science, right?
I am not sure if STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) includes social science courses. You will need to research into that.
And I think your chances are higher if you go for Business/Finance related Masters program.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2021
E be like say everybody dey book thus thread for their PPR. God one space for your son i pray. Amen

Like i said earlier, my application will be submitted next month, either first week or second week, depending on how long all the facts are well laid out.

Congratulations to all the PPR recipients, una don too much. Monday was too rainy with heavy thuderstorms. For those waiting, its our "Oya hit Me" season. God will perfect everything He has started.

God bless you all.

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dofrenzy: 9:53pm On Aug 30, 2021
Dee2016:
Are there July applicants here...? I submitted my younger bro application on July 7th. And school resumption is next Tuesday, but I have not seen any progress on the application. Upfront medical updated to pass last week. It seems June and July folks will not meet up for the fall semester.

3rd July from Kenya.

I applied on the 18th July and I will surely meet up for my fall semester. It's my agreement with my God and I believe it.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Imustreturn(m): 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2021
Please oh. What are the necessary documents needed to apply for masters in Canada? And how long does it take to get a reply?

Treat as urgent please. I'm a novice oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by annylove1: 10:31pm On Aug 30, 2021
annylove1:
Good day everyone, I am new here although I have read a few pages already.
I would like to ask for advise and help especially from Frankrobbin and Lekkibobie as I have been coming across both names.
I would like to pick a course that befits my profile and then apply for the visa.
I have a Bsc in environmental science and Masters in environmental management, my masters degree is professional hence it is not accepted for Phd studies. I also have basic HSE 1-3 certifications
I have work experience in sales, customer service, marketing, management and very little experience in HSE
I run a fashion business currently and I have been on it for 6 years and counting after leaving the 9-5 job
I would either want to go for masters in environmental science, occupational safety as this is my educational background or a business degree because my experiences so far has been in business
I have good travel history if that counts for anything
I would also like to know if my Dad can be a co-sponsor
I am 31 and single.

Awaiting responses from the gurus in the house. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ChisZom: 10:36pm On Aug 30, 2021
Kema22:
Yh...
Eligibility hasn't started yet and I didn't request my notes. But I sent two webforms and emailed an MP. I haven't receiveda response from ircc on my Web form or a response from the MP either.

It’s only God that can help us now. I requested for my gcms note (cbsa) on the 9th of august. MP says they can’t help me cus I don’t reside in Canada. So I’m just waiting. Whatever their decision, I’ll return all thanks to God
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 10:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
[quote author=ChisZom post=105337225]

It’s only God that can help us now. I requested for my gcms note (cbsa) on the 9th of august. MP says they can’t help me cus I don’t reside in Canada. So I’m just waiting. Whatever their decision, I’ll return all thanks to God [/quot] What's GCMS note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 10:40pm On Aug 30, 2021
ChisZom:

It’s only God that can help us now. I requested for my gcms note (cbsa) on the 9th of august. MP says they can’t help me cus I don’t reside in Canada. So I’m just waiting. Whatever their decision, I’ll return all thanks to God
what's GCMS note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Leyemoshood: 10:41pm On Aug 30, 2021
Olaa123:

Be calming down. You've given two gbas gbos today already. Please also note that some perfect applications get denied and some imperfect applications get approved.

grin grin grin grin Funny is that i already clicked to reply her but i just ignored and let go, everybody now na professional once they successfully get PPR. I only asked a simple simple question so she can just state what she did differently to the refusals as someone might have same issue.

The truth is that this thread is supposed to be a DO IT YOURSELF (DIY) thread ​and i stand to be corrected, its only CAD thread that has professionals/agents asking people to contact them without sanction from moderator. Agents/professionals are forbidden on other countries thread.

PS: I do not have anything against professionals/agents because its not everybody that can do DIY due to one reason or the other. As a matter of fact, some applications need professional guidance.

It will end in praise for everyone of one us IJN.

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mercy445: 10:44pm On Aug 30, 2021
You can try this:
https://gcmsnotes.com/order-details/

sfApase:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ChisZom: 10:46pm On Aug 30, 2021
Jessica50:
what's GCMS note

It’s a file from ircc that shows details about your application. It’s usually detailed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 30, 2021
Faithyyyyy:

Hi,

As stated, I can only preview an sop for free as a way of giving back to this platform.

every application is different and so are the reasons and circumstances for addressing a refusal. I will not be in any way offering a step by step detailed explanation or guide on each of the reasons. is your application exactly the same as his? do you have the same background? family ties, work experience.
It is not advisable to copy and paste from anyone's application hence the reason why there are professionals you can consult to guide you through a tailor made application to suite your circumstances.

I wish you all the best
First of all congrats to you and your brother
Straight to the point I feel that’s not the best of response to give fine you are not helping him in giving a detailed explanation…
You literally acting like you don’t want to help but just talking like you want too , yes we know no two applications are the same…..he asked what you did to perfect the refusals, he was not asking to copy and paste what you did exactly it’s not a must you tell him exactly how you prepared the application , a general answer like I paid his Tuition and sent his living expenses to him for financial refusal won’t hurt to say if that’s what you did
Its left for him to see if that method works for him if not he finds another
Not like IRCC would revisit your brother’s application and say this is a duplicate application, once approved that’s the end
Nigerians and their mentality sha
Congrats once again !!!!!
May Canada favor him

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chyjp(f): 10:55pm On Aug 30, 2021
congratulations Faithyyy please how do i contact you to assist review my SOP?
Faithyyyyy:
IT'S A PPR ALERT!!!!

I applied for my study permit last year and got it within a month. Now I am a proud graduate of UOttawa.

Background story to a very complex application.

My younger brother finished WAEC in 2008 ( yes 13 years study gap). Aged 31 years old.
somehow his Bachelor's degree didn't get any transcript so we couldn't do anything about it but opted for a two years diploma program. (ordinary diploma).

We started the process for my younger brother in January this year and got denied within a month. I have been his sponsor throughout the process so I had to provide proof of support and sponsorship.

Reasons : Personal assets and financial assets
Travel History
Purpose of visit

How can I be helping others with their applications and enjoying Canadian education when my brother is getting denied! Never! Never!

We got back to the drawing board, worked on his living expenses, proof of funds, home ties, literally everything explaining all the visa officers concerns with a well presented sop ( I didn't study English for nothing). GCMS notes didn't come until two months later so I just used the visa officers concerns to address the refusal because no time.

New application: April 23rd
medical request : August 20th
Medical passed August 26th
PPR and approval August 30th.

Can you get a study permit with a 13 year study gap?
Can you apply for an ordinary diploma ?
Can you get an approval after a refusal?

I am here to tell you that with Faith and prayers all things are possible. Most importantly put in the best work on your study permit application after a refusal.
If you need to consult and pay for services don't be stingy to your future. No one will do all the hard work for you free of charge.

I will keep giving back and reviewing sop's for free because I have benefited from this platform but please note that I WILL NOT work on your study permit application free of charge.

Find attached the timeline for your encouragement.

PS he doesn't even know its been approved because I have the log in details. I can't wait to surprise him with this good news.

meanwhile let me do and bring my dear mama over too. Our families must jappa with us in Jesus name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 10:55pm On Aug 30, 2021
IRCC, this delay and high BP you people are sharing...there is God ooooo!!!

School is resuming September 7th and IRCC has been reviewing eligibility since over 3 months now after passing medicals since June 11th.

All I can say at this point is: It is well with my soul. Que sera sera.

#May14thApplicant

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by demmyg4real: 10:57pm On Aug 30, 2021
Leyemoshood:

Moderna or Astra Zeneca?

Moderna
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 11:00pm On Aug 30, 2021
Well said, I wanted to reply her but ignored.there’s absolutely nothing wrong in sharing what you did differently.
Nigerians ehn.
They will embarrass you .
Malone122:
First of all congrats to you and your brother
Straight to the point I feel that’s not the best of response to give fine you are not helping him in giving a detailed explanation…
You literally acting like you don’t want to help but just talking like you want too , yes we know no two applications are the same…..he asked what you did to perfect the refusals, he was not asking to copy and paste what you did exactly it’s not a must you tell him exactly how you prepared the application , a general answer like I paid his Tuition and sent his living expenses to him for financial refusal won’t hurt to say if that’s what you did
Its left for him to see if that method works for him if not he finds another
Not like IRCC would revisit your brother’s application and say this is a duplicate application, once approved that’s the end
Nigerians and their mentality sha
Congrats once again !!!!!
May Canada favor him

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 11:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
Emmasonic4me:
IRCC, this delay and high BP you people are sharing...there is God ooooo!!!

School is resuming September 7th and IRCC has been reviewing eligibility since over 3 months now after passing medicals since June 11th.

All I can say at this point is: It is well with my soul. Que sera sera.

#May14thApplicant
yours they managed to tell you "reviewing eligibility" mine nothing may 15th applicant

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by demmyg4real: 11:05pm On Aug 30, 2021
Bushboy009:
Can you travel to Canada if you registered for online classes. I heard you might not be allowed entry to novia scotia. Someone should help

Yes please, a lady has once said she was even asked to login to her school portal for the officer (@POE) to confirm if she had really started classes online and she was handed her study permit afterwards.

I stand to be corrected !!!
It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ola240: 11:06pm On Aug 30, 2021
makano:
Hello Emma

1. Medical done by the applicant without the request of IRCC is called Upfront Medicals..

2. 1 year

You can do your upfront before or after your application.. For the former, you will need to upload it with the documents you will be submitting for your application... For the later, you will need to upload through the Webform or through the IRCC emails..

Lastly, Once you do your Upfront medicals and you submit the medical slip, your medicals will be updated to "PASSED" in days or weeks time... And if at all there will be a Medical request after this, the medical request wont show in your profile because you have already passed your upfront medicals, it can just come in form of a "ghost Update", but it will surely show in your GCMS note that a Medical request was recommended for you...

Peace
please how much is the cost of upfront medicals ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 30, 2021
Leyemoshood:

grin grin grin grin Funny is that i already clicked to reply her but i just ignored and let go, everybody now na professional once they successfully get PPR. I only asked a simple simple question so she can just state what she did differently to the refusals as someone might have same issue.

The truth is that this thread is supposed to be a DO IT YOURSELF (DIY) thread ​and i stand to be corrected, its only CAD thread that has professionals/agents asking people to contact them without sanction from moderator. Agents/professionals are forbidden on other countries thread.

PS: I do not have anything against professionals/agents because its not everybody that can do DIY due to one reason or the other. As a matter of fact, some applications need professional guidance.

It will end in praise for everyone of one us IJN.
yea.how can someone refuse to tell others what they did differently after getting a rejection to get approval. If u r going to be stingy with such info,then this is probably not the group 4 u.Am sure most of the client Frank get is from referrals cos of how good he is.If u dont want to answer a question, its wiser to ignore than that lame excuse of no two application are the same. of course we all know that but someone may have similar situations and that is y we share PPR timelines here which u refused to share aside ur screen shot.no detail, nothing.there is God oo.am referring to.the victory lady

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by demmyg4real: 11:14pm On Aug 30, 2021
sfApase:

https://www.thegcmsonline.com/checkout/

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.