Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,823 members, 7,824,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (862305 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by phlorem: 2:18pm On Aug 31, 2021
gracedson:
You are only paying 8920 to VFS, the other to pay is to DHL courier.
Thanks boss. God bless you. Passport sent already

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
shocked shocked shocked :I Oh boy! 5 days? Which day naija?
fluxyn:
Hey hey. I just joined this chat some days. I live in Germany ( got my masters here) and going for fully funded PHd.
August 26: submitted applications
August 30: biometrics appoint and uploaded
August 31: passport request

Ps. My spouse just got her biometrics letter today.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by techboy: 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
PPR ALERT!!!!

My sister-in-law just got her OPR this afternoon.
I handled her application from start to finish and I'm super grateful to God and to everyone on this forum that has contributed to the success of her application.
I submitted her application before joining NL and trust me when I say "I learnt a lot".

Document I submitted before joining NL
SOP
Her brother's account statement
Letter of acceptance

Document I submitted via webform after I joined NL

Family picture
MBS
CAC document
Sponsorship letter from brother
Brother's Birth certificate
Brother passport data page
WAEC
One year Diploma certificate
Recommendations letter
Police character certificate

Please don't underestimate the power of webform.

40 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ehisforever24(m): 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
HorlarJP:

Omoh see how you break it down, thank you bro, but sincerely I really have two very important questions and anyone can answer me too including our own Frankrobbn1…
Was declined this year January and ever since then I have moved out of the country for greener pastures and planned to come back this December, so my questions are
1- I really want to be a self sponsored as I have saved some tangible amount of money might not be enough but I will tell my mom to send what she has in her account too, so how much do you think in total I should have available for my proof of funds?

2- I am starting the application this very day so I can meet up with the winter resumption by January, and since I have my biometrics done I. The first application already I think all they will need from me now is medical request, does the medical request expire? Like I said I am not in the country, if it was requested earlier than expected maybe by November, can it wait till November? I am asking because I work legally where I am and could only come to Nigeria during December thanks
boss which country are you, me too I want to travel for greneer aster, I need a country with fast visa processing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2021
philit22:
I just got this email. I’m an 16th April applicant. Still hopefully for PPR
exactly what they sent to me today from Nairobi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by doziejp: 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2021
Hi Frank
Please I need your help. I am applying for a study permit but don't know the implication of being a commonwealth recipient in the questionnaire. Please I need your help to address it properly. Thanks.
Frankrobbn1:

The visa officer is not satisfied that the funds in the corporate account will be readily accessible by you during the course of your studies in Canada. Your mother can still be your sponsor, however, you need to obtain a cover letter from the bank stating that your mother is the sole signatory to the bank account and the funds in her account is not encumbered by debts or other obligations. More importantly, my overall professional advice to tackle the said concern is that your mother should pay at least your first semester tuition and transfer your first year living expenses into your personal bank account. This would be to demonstrate to the visa officer that you will have absolute access to funds in the account. Lastly, provide strong justifications for your proposed course of study in Canada and its benefits to your career prospects.

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry. Do this and thank me later cool. All the best

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2021
Congratulations to everyone that has gotten ppr of lately...
Please on ircc website, have they moved to July applications?
I don't know where to click on to check it on their website

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by akoko123: 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2021
Wow.. congrats oo.. God will spread this kind of love to us all.. All the best

techboy:
PPR ALERT!!!!

I handled her application from start to finish and I'm super grateful to God and to everyone on this forum that has contributed to the success of her application.
I submitted her application before joining NL and trust me when I say "I learnt a lot".

SOP
Letter of acceptance

Family picture
MBS
CAC document
WAEC
Recommendations letter

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2021
phlorem:

Thanks boss. God bless you. Passport sent already
Nah so !! Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2021
congratulations
techboy:
PPR ALERT!!!!

SOP
Letter of acceptance

Family picture
MBS
CAC document
WAEC
Recommendations letter

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2021
techboy:
PPR ALERT!!!!

SOP
Letter of acceptance

Family picture
MBS
CAC document
WAEC
Recommendations letter

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shams040(m): 3:18pm On Aug 31, 2021
Please help me ooo, is there anyone going to Guelph Ontario or is there, am looking for apartment pls oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dofrenzy: 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2021
techboy:
PPR ALERT!!!!

SOP
Letter of acceptance

Family picture
MBS
CAC document
WAEC
Recommendations letter

Congratulation. I can imagine the feeling.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by HorlarJP: 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Count yourself lucky to have found me online today! wink

See my advices below:

1. Given that you intend to be self-sponsored, the funds in your personal account should be more than sufficient to cover for the entire duration of your studies in Canada. For instance, if the cost of your studies in Canada is 15kcad for each academic year and the duration is 2 years.. it is important that you show unencumbered funds in the sum of 15kcad X 2 = 30kcad. Including living expenses for two years i.e 10kcad X 2 = 20kcad. Total funds available in your account must cover 50kcad plus miscellaneous expenses of about 2kcad = 52kcad.

2. Biometrics is valid for 10 years, whilst medical results is valid for 1 year. Medical request duration is 30 days. So if requested to go for a medical exam by IRCC, it is advisable that you enroll for the medical exam within this stipulated timeframe. Please note that medical exam can be completed in any part of the world, provided its IRCC designated panel physician.

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry. All the best.

It will end in praise

Lol I really count myself lucky then…
Thank You sir
And can I use your service I don’t mind paying for the little help you will be rendering me sir….
Just would be glad as I am busy with work(12 hours daily) hmmm… and I need to be in school next year

Thanks in advance and I sent a mail already
Cc: Frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 31, 2021
Trying to book a flight to Vancouver. Is British Airway advisable? Are students been airlifted on BA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2021
titusincanada:
Trying to book a flight to Vancouver. Is British Airway advisable? Are students been airlifted on BA?
yes.. but its currently high. you can only get something "cheap" as from 20th of september

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 31, 2021
lobinche101:

yes.. but its currently high. you can only get something "cheap" as from 20th of september

Yes. Trying to Fly on September 29th, Just wanna know if i won't have any difficulties using BA instead of ET, KLM or Egyptair>

I don't know if UK still have the quarantine policy in place for the stop over flight.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Johnmark247: 4:07pm On Aug 31, 2021
Thank you so much Frankrobbn1. You're really amazing. I'm grateful.

Remain blessed

Frankrobbn1:

The economic ties can be in your home country while you apply from abroad. The letter of explanation should be centered on coming back to your home country to make profitable use of your assets and investments in Nigeria and nothing else. More so, if you don't have a valid study permit, work permit or a permanent resident of the country where you currently reside in overseas, you may have to return home to apply for your Canadian study visa.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Foladimejiw: 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello, good day people!

Appreciate every knowledge and help here so far, but we still on!

Abeg, am making this enquiry on behalf of someone.
Does someone who is going for an undergraduate studies, 17yrs old need a custodian lawyer in Canada to stand for such since the person is not up to 18 yrs.
I was told, the fee for the process is $700CAD. Someone in Canada that is helping the person said so.
I don't know about undergraduate, please if you are experienced in this, tell me.
I eagerly awaits.

Thanks in anticipation!

Univ. Of Manitoba, winipeg
1st year tuition- $13,700CAD

Not necessarily a lawyer. If you have a PR holder or Canadian citizen that can sign for him as custodian, he's good to go. The custodian will get some documents signed by a lawyer over there and his parent will do same here as consent.
I don't know much about the payment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shupy: 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2021
kennyjoy:
@Frank @Justmellow @Anon123 @LekkiBOBOe @Shuppy and all other gurus, I really need your input on this,

P.S Is it possible I use 1 stone to kill 2 Bird?

I got an offer letter from Nova Scotia community college few days ago but it was an Automatic deferment for next intake-fall 2022, the reason was that I submitted my application very late and there was no JAN/MAY intake for my program and I was told i will be offer a seat by October so I can start my study permit application.

Also, my Spouse just apply to Durham college MAY 2022 intake but still waiting for there decision.

So I need y’all input about going with the study permit package.

ME:
The program am going for @NSCC is 2yrs program, I have 15yrs experience related to the program but 11yrs study Gap, I will be the one to sponsor myself and I may likely have a CO sponsor too and that will be my close uncle.

Spouse program is just one year PGD/PGC, Spouse has 2years experience related to the program and 3yrs study Gap. Also, I will be the one sponsoring her.

Now My questions is,
• Who will likely get the Study permit(ME or my Spouse) though we still deliberating of who to go first but the GOAL is one of us most be in CANNY by next year.

• Can we submit our study permit application together(separate application) ? is it possible for VO to findout in the sense that will be submitting likely same Docs(Home ties, Assets, Marriage certificate and so many like that.

Abeg make una help reason ham.

Thanks.

1. Since your program is for September intake of 2022, let your spouse apply first if her resumption date is earlier than yours. Your application won't be given priority if resumption date is still that far

2. Submitting 2 separate applications together is not arrangement I'd advise you to do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 4:14pm On Aug 31, 2021
yeah.. about $1085
it will end in praise
titusincanada:

Yes. Trying to Fly on September 29th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Johnmark247: 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
That's awesome.

Please are you on study or residence permit in Germany?

Did you sit for the IELTS?

fluxyn:
Hey hey. I just joined this chat some days. I live in Germany ( got my masters here) and going for fully funded PHd.
August 26: submitted applications
August 30: biometrics appoint and uploaded
August 31: passport request

Ps. My spouse just got her biometrics letter today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 31, 2021
lobinche101:
yeah.. about $1085
it will end in praise
CAD or USD?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 31, 2021

Trying to Fly on September 29th, Just wanna know if i won't have any difficulties using BA instead of ET, KLM or Egyptair>

I don't know if UK still have the quarantine policy in place for the stop over flight.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mummy4life1: 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2021
Hello Guru,

My note came today. What is your advice?

All the documents submitted is genuine and how can I linked my son application

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fluxyn(m): 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2021
I just completed my masters this month.
I am still on student permit but I should change to work permit by next month ( if I get an appointment) and my phd resumption is January. So I will be leaving here by December.

No I didn’t need Ielts ( my bachelors ( in Naija) and masters here were both in English)
Johnmark247:
That's awesome.

Please are you on study or residence permit in Germany?

Did you sit for the IELTS?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2021
Mummy4life1:
Hello Guru,

Your pre-assessment is having a good tone, just that the VO is finding it difficult to see the money in the account as POF's provided are not readable. Being in your shoes, I will get updated MBS for both accounts and submit it via Webform before they conclude based on illegible POF's.

Let the gurus tell you how you can link your son's application.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Legacyedition: 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2021
Mummy4life1:
Hello Guru,

Submit MBS for the submitted accounts.

Show the eligibilty status.

Where you have the

Eligibilty:

Info sharing:
Medical:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 4:49pm On Aug 31, 2021
Mummy4life1:
Hello Guru,

They said your 2 bank statements from First & Stanbic banks are illegible. Try a clearer copy before submitting or you can reduce the pages.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SuomyNona: 4:51pm On Aug 31, 2021
phlorem:
People of God TRV drops today May 13th applicant
MasterCard scholar UBC

God go do am for all of us wey dey await decision

Congratulations Phlorem really happy to hear this. Been expecting this for long.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bisimo: 4:53pm On Aug 31, 2021
GOD I WANT TO WRITE MY OWN PPR STORY THIS WEEK IJN!!! I KNOW WHAT YOU CANT DO DOES NOT EXIT!!!
PPR COME O I AM WAITING FOR YOU!!!

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mummy4life1: 4:55pm On Aug 31, 2021
Legacyedition:

Submit MBS for the submitted accounts.

Show the eligibilty status.

Where you have the

Eligibilty:

Info sharing:
Medical:
How many days those it takes to get MBS from stanbic and first bank. Can I get it from any branch?

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.