Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,843 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855847 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mummy4life1: 12:39am On Sep 01, 2021
Legacyedition:

Great. Please send the MBS as soon as possible.

I hope the fund is still in the account?. It will still show available balance on summary even if you put old dates as at the time of application.

Hope my application will not be refused due to zero balance in my account and my husband company account?

Guru's please prompt response will be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Adwoa816: 12:46am On Sep 01, 2021
Dear colleagues I had my study visa last year and due to Covid restrictions I decided to go to Canada this year. I booked my flight for August 28th, 2021. On August 9th,2021 IRCC forward a mail to me requesting that I renew my medicals since it has expired. I therefore renewed the test On August 12th,2021. I raised a webform and added my e medical report but had no reply as at now. My document status still reads 'invalid. ' Since my status had not been updated I have rescheduled my flight date to September 13th,2021.
On August 30th,2021 I went to the panel clinic to confirm whether my results had been forwarded to IRCC and to my shock I learnt they forwarded the results just a few days back ie August 26th 2021( that is 2 weeks since I took the test). I just couldn't believe my ears because I requested for a copy of my lab results and realized all was OK and actually these results were ready even on August 13th,2021. I was really furious and questioned them why it took them that long to forward my results and they had also lied to me (**I had called them earlier and was informed my results had been forwarded to IRCC on the August 13th,2021 but these were all Lies).
I have also contacted the Canadian embassy in Ghana on how they can help in updating my status from 'invalid' so I can meet my new flight date. They replied and said I should just add my e certificate when traveling.
I have however heard that some Indian students who had similar situation were not allowed to board their flight into Canada.
Please does anyone know of someone who had a similar situation but was able to enter Canada with just the e medical certificate?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Queenmama03(f): 1:25am On Sep 01, 2021
I strongly advise anyone coming to Canada to get fully vaccinated if you have the opportunity to. Unfortunately I was only able to get one shot before leaving Naija. My experience has been terrible so far. I'll share when I put myself together.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 1:47am On Sep 01, 2021
Hmmm
I can’t wait to hear and sadly I can’t take the vaccine because I’m breastfeeding.
Queenmama03:
I strongly advise anyone coming to Canada to get fully vaccinated if you have the opportunity to. Unfortunately I was only able to get one shot before leaving Naija. My experience has been terrible so far. I'll share when I put myself together.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CHIKACIC: 1:50am On Sep 01, 2021
ManlikeDee:

Thank you for your reply.

Letter of intent

Okay, if you are talking about SOP/LOE to IRCC, address it to:

The Visa Officer
Deputy High Commission of Canada
4, Anifowose Street
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria

That was what I used.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CHIKACIC: 1:54am On Sep 01, 2021
dupsydooo:
Please i want to use form A, and the bank is asking for humber account number ....Please who has it.........

My tuition due date is sept 5

This info should be on your Humber LOA. Check:

http://international.humber.ca/fees

BTW, we have a Humber whatsapp group. If you are interested send me a DM.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CHIKACIC: 2:09am On Sep 01, 2021
techboy:
PPR ALERT!!!!

My sister-in-law just got her OPR this afternoon.
I handled her application from start to finish and I'm super grateful to God and to everyone on this forum that has contributed to the success of her application.
I submitted her application before joining NL and trust me when I say "I learnt a lot".

Document I submitted before joining NL
SOP
Her brother's account statement
Letter of acceptance

Document I submitted via webform after I joined NL

Family picture
MBS
CAC document
Sponsorship letter from brother
Brother's Birth certificate
Brother passport data page
WAEC
One year Diploma certificate
Recommendations letter
Police character certificate

Please don't underestimate the power of webform.

You be better bro-in-law.

Congratulations to her and may God send a helper your way.

To God be the glory!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheShaman: 2:16am On Sep 01, 2021
For your mother's corporate account which has more funds, get a Bank Reference letter stating that she is the sole signatory to the account. Corporate accounts are usually accessed by several signatories (MD, CFO, and the likes) so it is important you have that reference letter that states she is the sole signatory to the account and thus she can access the account at any time without any encumbrances. This was a mistake I made in my first application before doing the needful for the second one that was successful.

HorlarJP:
Hello Good morning
I got my GCMS notes this morning, I posted it already..
Any advice on how to repackage my application please and it seem the issue is about funds as I use my mom main account (7million naira or so) and a business account (30million naira ) of my uncle which my mom is managing. Seem that’s what the VO is concerned about.

How much in total should be enough in my mom main account or if I want to be a self sponsored how much should I get in my account for my proof of funds, thanks… and any more advice on how to package my application again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheShaman: 2:32am On Sep 01, 2021
Sorry about this. The first dose of the vaccine does cause a strong reaction in the body. Please rest, take some painkillers and you'll be fine in a few days.
Queenmama03:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CHIKACIC: 2:35am On Sep 01, 2021
Faithyyyyy:

I will advise to go for a co-op program as it definitely gives you the required work experience you would need in Canada. Any teaching assistantship, internship or co-op is a major advantage as you will be paid for your hours of work.

@Reomond

Yes, you will be able to gain the much sought after Canadian Experience. But note that not all co-op programs are paid. Check your school program page for further clarification.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Esmer: 2:46am On Sep 01, 2021
Mummy4life1:
I compressed it

Illegible*
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CHIKACIC: 3:07am On Sep 01, 2021
Reomond:
Greetings to the Elders!

I got admission into University of Windsor Summer 2022 and University of Regina for Winter 2022 for Master, Human Resources Managment. Both are for 2 years and tuition is within the same range.

Also, i just got another admission into Royal Roads University, BC for Master in Global Management 19months with COOP and a bit cheaper than the 2 above.

My confusion is now confused and i am hereby pleading for the elders to please come forward and advice me.

i am 40, self sponsored and my kids will join me later

Thank you!

I believe your ultimate goal is to become a PR and subsequently a Citizen. So, you have to choose the school that is located in a province that will give you an easy and quick pathway to PR, considering that age is not on your side as per FSWP (Express Entry). My fellow 40 Club member grin

HR in Windsor (Ontario), so you are looking at OINP (Masters Pathway).
HR in Regina (Saskatchewan), so check out the PNP Pathway. I am not too familiar with that, and
Global Management in Royal Roads (British Columbia), which is the IT/Tech province with its own PNP pathway. Look into that too.

I will recommend Windsor, Ontario. I guess am biased, cos that's my province.

Though you can use this pathway (OINP) with a Master's degree from Regina and Royal Roads, the trick here is that you have to show "Ties to Ontario", the same way you show home ties for study permit. So, having a Masters from Windsor is an automatic tie to the province. Because during your course of studies, you must have been involved in one community, volunteer work or the other and also you would have developed relationships through friends, church activities, etc. All these are ties, connections to the province.

You can on the other hand choose any of the three, since there is the option of CEC pathway (have at least 1 year full time work experience). Work experience gained under study permit, for eg co-op, does not count). The co-op advantage is that it helps you to get a foot inside the door of the Canadian labour market.

Las, las, the decision is yours. Research and make an informed decision. Please, the above are just my humble views.

Hope this helps to eliminate the confusion. Abi the confusion that was confused, has now become more confused grin grin grin

All the best.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 4:47am On Sep 01, 2021
Happy New Month everyone. It will work out well for us.
I wish my PPR comes this same month i want to apply. O ma loud gan.

Blessed month. 2021 has been great so far.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManlikeDee: 5:28am On Sep 01, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Okay, if you are talking about SOP/LOE to IRCC, address it to:

The Visa Officer
Deputy High Commission of Canada
4, Anifowose Street
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria

That was what I used.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.
But my dad addressed his sponsorship letter to Abuja VFS hope it doesn’t affect anything?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Faithyyyyy: 5:34am On Sep 01, 2021
Adwoa816:
Dear colleagues I had my study visa last year and due to Covid restrictions I decided to go to Canada this year. I booked my flight for August 28th, 2021. On August 9th,2021 IRCC forward a mail to me requesting that I renew my medicals since it has expired. I therefore renewed the test On August 12th,2021. I raised a webform and added my e medical report but had no reply as at now. My document status still reads 'invalid. ' Since my status had not been updated I have rescheduled my flight date to September 13th,2021.
On August 30th,2021 I went to the panel clinic to confirm whether my results had been forwarded to IRCC and to my shock I learnt they forwarded the results just a few days back ie August 26th 2021( that is 2 weeks since I took the test). I just couldn't believe my ears because I requested for a copy of my lab results and realized all was OK and actually these results were ready even on August 13th,2021. I was really furious and questioned them why it took them that long to forward my results and they had also lied to me (**I had called them earlier and was informed my results had been forwarded to IRCC on the August 13th,2021 but these were all Lies).
I have also contacted the Canadian embassy in Ghana on how they can help in updating my status from 'invalid' so I can meet my new flight date. They replied and said I should just add my e certificate when traveling.
I have however heard that some Indian students who had similar situation were not allowed to board their flight into Canada.
Please does anyone know of someone who had a similar situation but was able to enter Canada with just the e medical certificate?

You are good to go with your e medical slip. the same thing happened to me and I had to renew my medicals before travelling. The nurse confirmed many students were turned back because of expired medicals at their boarding gate so I travelled with mine just in case and it was after we arrived that iom called to inform us they had sent results.
you can use both webform and email to Nairobi to update them . With that you should be good to go

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iphiegrace(f): 6:11am On Sep 01, 2021
Good morning guys,

Please those that went through Toronto, can you give me a link for booking the arrival covid test? I heard it saves time for those waiting for connecting flights.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Toopee: 6:22am On Sep 01, 2021
Mummy4life1:
Wow! Just posted it now and the money is not available on both accounts again

Scan the whole statements you have with you again and send them via webform. I don't think you'd need to compress this time and even if you need to, it won't be as much as before.

I wish you success.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 01, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Elfavour: 7:03am On Sep 01, 2021
Queenmama03:

Were you not able to receive the second dose in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Time2soar1: 7:05am On Sep 01, 2021
Mummy4life1:
Hope my application will not be refused due to zero balance in my account and my husband company account?

If the bank statement is for the previous dates you sent, it will not show your current balance but the balance at the close of work on the date you selected
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by obongkaks: 7:05am On Sep 01, 2021
Toss yourmedications into your box and travel. No one will stop you and you dont have to declare them. Take enough supplies!

recxa:
Hi guys, how do you guys travel with medication? I've been on medication for H. Pylori bacteria (caused ulcer) for two months now and have a month left to go. Just looking at the medicine makes me cringe cuz they might raise eyebrows. Do you have to declare these drugs

Ulcer drugs
Amoxicillin 500mg for 2 weeks(twice daily)
Clarithromycin 500.g for 2 weeks(twice daily)
Omeprazole 40mg for 1 month(once daily)

Then I have azithromycin for sore throat and felvin with buscopan for menstrual cramps(I would faint without them)

I also have Panadol extra cuz I suffer from migraines. I have other supplements that I use for my migraines too: Magnesium 500mg for 90 days(but I've used from it), gingko biloba 90 days

I have cranberry extract supplement, my reload women multivitamin 30 days, vitamin D3,(90 days) Vitamin C 500mg for 1 month+, vitamin C 1000mg+15mg zinc effervescent tablets(like 8 tabs left).

I have day and night nurse for flu, and ibuprofen.

Seems like a lot lol

I don't have an original doctors note from the hospital I was diagnosed (for the bacteria or migraine) but I have the Rx note from the pharmacist I bought the antibiotics from (after I ran out of the ones provided by the hospital) including azithromycin, felvin and buscopan.

Oh and I have my allergy meds too (don't wanna be caught unawares lol)

What do you guys think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kam3: 7:05am On Sep 01, 2021
Mummy4life1:

I also shared my experience with you what I did was only to resend the same SOA but legible I submitted at the I submitted my application to IRCC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by milo9(m): 7:18am On Sep 01, 2021
Yes o. Thank you
Thaiy:

Congratulations.... It ended in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chilove007: 7:21am On Sep 01, 2021
Abeg is there any June applicants that has gotten update?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oyesquare10: 7:25am On Sep 01, 2021
Mummy4life1:
Done as instructed. Thanks

The only problem is that closing balance showed zero because the funds was used for something else

I hope you did not mean that there's no longer money in the account and you sent it to embassy like that?!!
I will advice you resend the same statement of account you sent then. Scan it better and make it legible, you can also remove some pages if it's too much. MBS is not adviced at this moment please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GoldenCrown1160: 7:26am On Sep 01, 2021
For the first time, I got a Ghost Update and it changed back to Submitted within an hour. Please What does that mean ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Adwoa816: 7:30am On Sep 01, 2021
[quote author=Faithyyyyy post=105371569]
Thanks a lot @ Faitbyyyyy for the reply, I am very grateful. Please I want to ask if your document status was invalid on your gc key before you left for canada and also want to know when you left for Canada, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kam3: 7:31am On Sep 01, 2021
Oyesquare10:

I hope you did not mean that there's no longer money in the account and you sent it to embassy like that?!!
I will advice you resend the same statement of account you sent then. Scan it better and make it legible, you can also remove some pages if it's too much. MBS is not adviced at this moment please.

This is exactly what I did and also what I expected her to do since she does not have the fund again in her account. Even when I contacted the MP of the location of my school, she asked for SOA I submitted at the time I submitted my application.

April 23 applicant still expecting PPR

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Legacyedition: 7:41am On Sep 01, 2021
Mummy4life1:
Wow! Just posted it now and the money is not available on both accounts again

Bank had sent the copy to the embassy.

What about the certificate/ticket given to you by bank?

You've not sent it to ircc right via webform or mail right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ivygive: 8:10am On Sep 01, 2021
It has ended in praise for me. God will do it for everyone.

47 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 8:17am On Sep 01, 2021
Ahh ahh did mine June 13 in abj got my new passport on July 20th. It seems like you have to know someone in the immigration if you want the process to be hastened.
chikalouisa:
Pls I need help nairalanders, I did change of data and capturing on my international passport since May 31st in Abuja and till date I’ve not gotten my passport all I hear is it’s in production. I don’t know what to do pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olanray01(m): 8:21am On Sep 01, 2021
Hi guys ,I'm new to this thread
Feb 28 applicant
Is there any other thing i need to do
I'm tired of waiting

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.